Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This whole thread is a vendetta. We should just get the mods to put a welcome message informing visitors that football doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things and inviting people to leave
He’s not wrong though, is he? Have a look at your post history. Look at how many posts you have in assorted Rashford threads compared to in any other threads, on any other topic. You do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with slagging off this one particular player. It’s a bit weird tbh.

ForeverRed1

Never thought I’d say this but I think it’s time for him to leave in the summer and find his love for the game again. He looks drained, lacks any passion. He isn’t playing with joy and that’s a big problem. There’s a chance a new manager can get that out of him i guess.. but if a 60million bid comes in for him, I’d take it and put into reinvesting in the squad. Rice is going to cost 100million+ put it towards getting him.

get Anthony, get nkunku, get rice and get a top right back.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Haha wtf? Why's he got to 'meet' with him to discuss it? What other players get a meeting with Southgate if they are left out. It's because his status has gone beyond football and made him some kind of extra commodity, which is not just a player, but a group of interests. People can think it's personal all they want, but if you can't see how toxic this is to have in a game which is literally a TEAM sport then more fool you.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rashford is a good player. We all know he is. And he loves the club. He's been here all his life. But he's in a tough spot right now. His confidence is shot and on top of that, our own fans are heckling him. He is our player. Don't kick him when he's down. Pick him up. There are a lot of problems at our club and none will be fixed over night. But one of the biggest problems is our "supporters"...

Foxbatt

Rashford is a good player. We all know he is. And he loves the club. He's been here all his life. But he's in a tough spot right now. His confidence is shot and on top of that, our own fans are heckling him. He is our player. Don't kick him when he's down. Pick him up. There are a lot of problems at our club and none will be fixed over night. But one of the biggest problems is our "supporters"...
What are you talking about? The fans are only upset because he couldn't give an arse about making an effort. They are not after him for his loss of form.
Make an effort even if nothing comes off and the fans will support him. If he doesn't want to make an effort why should the fans support him?

stevoc

It goes way beyond that for @stw2022 his post history is truly something when it comes to Rashford. If it wasn't creepy as feck as to how obsessed he is with the Rashford hate it would almost be commendable that someone is willing to dedicate this much time and effort into bashing someone.

Really is weird how of his 1700 posts wouldn't be surprised if 1300 of them are directed at Rashford, you would think Rashford is the only player to ever play badly for United.
There must be a tragic story of how Rashford terribly wronged him somehow behind it.

pablo__p

It's getting embarassing (if we are not past that point).

Hope he can overcome his "natural shyness" and reinvite himself elsewhere.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What are you talking about? The fans are only upset because he couldn't give an arse about making an effort. They are not after him for his loss of form.
Make an effort even if nothing comes off and the fans will support him. If he doesn't want to make an effort why should the fans support him?
He's trying...in fact he's probably trying too hard. He's just in a bad spell where whatever he tries it doesn't come off. Don't read his body language as one who doesn't care. It seems to me his body language is him being upset with himself and he doesn't need his own fans calling him every name in the book on top of that. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are part of it

hobbers

No. And if there is a problem with the supporters it's the exact opposite, that they're too willing to accept slaps in the face, no effort from players and the continual drops in standards.

He isn't being heckled because he's playing shit, he's being heckled because he's putting less than minimum effort on the pitch, he's showing complete disrespect to his team mates every time he gets on the pitch, let alone the fans paying money to watch him. And then on top of that the imbeciles in his PR team put out farcical stories about interest from other clubs, to try and bully United into offering him a new contract on improved terms that he hasn't earned the right to even think about.

Foxbatt

He's trying...in fact he's probably trying too hard. He's just in a bad spell where whatever he tries it doesn't come off. Don't read his body language as one who doesn't care. It seems to me his body language is him being upset with himself and he doesn't need his own fans calling him every name in the book on top of that. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are part of it
As a professional football player he is not trying. Are you saying that he can't run and chase back most of the time because he is upset with himself?
It's utterly ridiculous even to think that he doesn't run because he is upset with himself or the fans. It's madness and that's what is with the Rashford fans.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These threads on underperforming players are pretty good for showing up the shit posters tbf.... There a way to go about voicing your opinions.

Devil’s Trident

What is this ? The word disingenuous doesn’t even come close to describe it. “He is trying too hard” like in the city game where city players go past him and he stands there like a statue and doesn’t bother at all or do you need countless examples from every game he plays in ? If you want to defend the guy, defend him but atleast don’t make up stuff and blatantly lie.

Denis79

Wouldn't agree with that, we really stand by our players and managers compared to many other top teams. Especially at OT where it matters.

Gazza

The thing is, that's fine if you feel that way, but you get your back up with other people who are doing the exact same thing as you: speculating on what his body language means.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: The meltdown here, so predictable.

Maybe just maybe Southgate already has an idea why Sancho hasn’t been good this season apart from 1 month (new country and club) but in Rashford’s case the reasons are not clear so he wants to speak with him.
Schock horror a national team manager wants to speak with “his” player.

James Peril

Being good is not very interesting when great is required. Him loving the club is not that important to me either, Solskjær also loved the club. Being famous and heckled is compensated by the 150k he earns a week, if you can’t handle it you simply aren’t cut out for it. Imagine Ronaldo’s life after he got Rooney sent off, or Beckham after the kick on the Argentinian guy, that takes balls. If Rashford is stupid enough to go on Instagram straight after a bad game and reads all the posts from morons around the world, perhaps it’s better to delete the app? He is paid to concentrate on football and winning games, him staying away from social media would help him a whole lot - the same goes for many players. No sympathy, all clubs have rotten fans, United-fans aren’t worse, there are just a lot more of them in total.

Sylar

why go to Liverpool. We had Nani playing on both wings. We had Fabio on the left even though he is right footed. No it is selfishness on his part. He wanted to score goals instead of working for the team. Beckham's job was to put in the balls for the strikers to score. That is the job of any wide player and not to cut on to his favourite foot and shoot all the time. Ole tried to bring some discipline to him eventually and was told off. He should be put on the bench until he starts making an effort or sold in the summer.
Ahhh I went with mane cos he did it when they weren't winning (Nani is a good example but I guess it's easier when you're winning things)?

Regardless yes, you work for the team.

stw2022

I see the benefits of having a home grown lad has paid off by reacting to deserved criticism by *checks notes*.. leaking to the press that he might go to Liverpool

At this point it’s literally just his effort that most people criticise. How dare they, huh?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
These threads on underperforming players are pretty good for showing up the shit posters tbf.... There a way to go about voicing your opinions.
So what is it that puts you in the position of deciding who’s a shit poster and who isn’t? How did you achieve this higher rung? Did you basically decide on it all by yourself?

Devil’s Trident

So what is it that puts you in the position of deciding who’s a shit poster and who isn’t? How did you achieve this higher rung? Did you basically decide on it all by yourself?
Sshhhh. What are you doing ? Are you not afraid of him calling you shit poster too ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He does look upset. Thus his book is coming out soon.

stevoc

I see the benefits of having a home grown lad has paid off by reacting to deserved criticism by *checks notes*.. leaking to the press that he might go to Liverpool

At this point it’s literally just his effort that most people criticise. How dare they, huh?
You do realize that 90% of transfer rumours in the media are bullshit made up by journalists to generate clicks and that not every rumour is a plant by some players PR team?

Womp

idiot
This whole thread is a vendetta. We should just get the mods to put a welcome message informing visitors that football doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things and inviting people to leave
That would be relevant if this was the only thread and discussion on the caf, it's not. It's just weird that you're on some sort of personal crusade against a bloke who has never done anything to you and by most accounts is generally a good bloke. Regardless how shite he's been this season, it's just a game pal

How much he earns and how he plays of course will be brought into the limelight given his performances this season, but you seem to be obsessing over criticising this one individual when everyone here knows he is one of a million problems at the club right now. Just odd, is all, but you do you, I guess

Last edited:

SoCross

Putting aside all the externalities -

1. Is he playing dreadful? Yes
2. Has he been playing dreadful for the past almost two seasons? Yes
3. Was he a good player for us in his early career? Yes
4. Is this just bad form or has he regressed? We don’t know but looking increasingly like the latter.
5. Based on his performances on the pitch, should he be guaranteed a starting spot? No.
6. If his poor performances continue, should the club grant him a pay rise? No
7. If points 5&6 makes Rashford consider his future with United, is it for the club to accommodate him or for the player to ensure he’s still good enough? On the player.

Next season is his last chance saloon.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If youre queing in your local starbucks during busy hour and seeing one of the barrister slacking, sluggishly strolling around when everyone is busy taking orders, showing signs of disinterested and seems to fail at taking basic order. Not some highly sophisticated woke recipe kale juice with 10grams of non fat sugar, just making a latte while you order an espresso. And instead of apologizing for making the wrong coffee after you waited 15 minutes he gives you an attitude.

And thats on minimum wage. Let alone 200k per week.

Feck him. I dont tolerate attitude. Not from a nobody like him. I could turn a blind eye when players like ronaldo casually occassionally throwing a tantrum. Rashford is a quarter of the player ronaldo is but having the cheek to act like messi.

Feck him. I want him gone

Tap

Top reds fans like you who accept perennial underperformance are one of the reasons why standards have fallen so much at this club.

Jackal981

You want to help him wash his arse after he shits as well Gareth?
Dont forget to change his diaper and tuck him before he sleeps every night. Oh and please read him some bedside stories.

Top reds fans like you who accept perennial underperformance are one of the reasons why standards have fallen so much at this club.
This. We got here because these "real fans" simply enabled these lot to drop their standards. United way my arse. The United way is winning trophies. Ask Fergie. None of this mumbo jumbo crap. They apparently forgot that Fergie is very ruthless and did not hesitate to sell players. Beckham who was a far better player and bigger name than Rashford was sold instantly without bat of an eye. It's not even related to his performance level.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This. Fans like these deserve whats coming.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
i don’t think there is anythIng wrong with that. It is obvious that he has potential or else why all the fuss? He is 24, should we write him off as a footballer? Not yet I say and Southgate clearly believes that Marcus can overcome this, or at least hopes so and is trying to help. Nothing wrong with that.

Marcus has been in terrible form and he is very very low on confidence. He is making all the wrong decisions when he plays. But I don’t think he should be written off.

i agree with you that english players are overhyped, but southgate’s decision to talk to marcus is pure man management and I agree with it
Maybe Gareth should talk to Tomori as well.

stw2022

Dont forget to change his diaper and tuck him before he sleeps every night. Oh and please read him some bedside stories.

This. We got here because these "real fans" simply enabled these lot to drop their standards. United way my arse. The United way is winning trophies. Ask Fergie. None of this mumbo jumbo crap. They apparently forgot that Fergie is very ruthless and did not hesitate to sell players. Beckham who was a far better player and bigger name than Rashford was sold instantly without bat of an eye. It's not even related to his performance level.

Top redism. If you notice someone isn’t making a effort you’re abusing him. If you notice it a lot theyI’ll spend time scrolling through your profile and call you ‘obsessed’. If you’re lucky they might even set up an alert so every time you post two of them show up to take issue with you and agree with each other

Said it before, as someone who admits not getting to many games, the attitude of match day vs online fans is stark. Match day fans are much more willing to give you an honest assessment of a player vs the debate online where it’s someone’s propaganda that would make Putin blush, like they’re on commission.

We’ve gone from Ferguson deciding Beckham needed to go after not tracking back in a match against Arsenal to a player not giving a shit in the derby and leaking ‘Liverpool’s been on the phone’ days after we get kicked out of the CL but calling it out for what it is is beyond the pale

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford has been poor for nearly a season and a half all the while receiving full support from the club and fans. Beyond a point, we have put the club first and demand players peform or be shown the door. The only person who can "pick up" Rashford now is Rashford himself. But I don't know how he's going to suddenly become worth his wages and hence I'm extremely worried thay the club will once again bend over and get taken for a ride. Imagine this version of Rashford or even a decent one, for 200K per week.

Pickle85

Some of the criticism and the way it's conveyed is definitely OTT (then again it's the internet, so what else can we expect) but Marcus has been awful for a season or more now. I still think there's a good, potentially great player in there but I think it's in everybody's best interests if he moves on now. He looks absolutely bereft of confidence but, more damningly, also looks like he can't be bothered. Needs a change of scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.