4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor

Much better today in truth. Still nowhere near being one of the top players in the league and that's the problem. One 7/10 performance in months is just not good enough for this club.
7/10, he was whipped after 60 mins :lol:

izec

Cash in, he is done at the top level. In 10 years, he will come out with 'i fell out of love with football' etc

Frank White

Bang average and yet still better than Ronaldo and Sancho. Had 2 half decent chances and looked for the most part to be at least trying with the press but yeah, average is the best you'll get from today's game.

MattofManchester

Two good chances, some decentvpasses, but there's one thing that sums up his lack of interest and desire right now.

His first attempt went out for a corner.
The ball from the corner comes to him. In fact, straight to him.
What does he do? He turns his back on the ball and tries to hide his head.
The ball bounces off his back and out the box.
That was a good delivery that could have resulted in a chance.

In what world does a fecking footballer hide from the ball?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
If he was the Rashford of old, he could have had a hat trick today.

Dunno what’s wrong with him, but if Newcastle are interested we should move him on for £60m.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's had an absolute horrendous campaign but I'm still intrigued to see how he'll do under Hag and the system he'll implement, same goes for Bruno and Sancho.

Obviously Rashford has to want to stay and fight for a role in the first place though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Some of his defenders from last year please show up and defend him. I'd love to hear people explain how he's been so bad for so long. No Qatar world cup for him the way it's going.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He had a decent first half. Held the width and did his part to allow Telles to play on the overlap several times. And the fact that United, as a team, has to work on the pitch so that Telles can whip a cross in is not on Rashford. It just shows how hopeless we are as a side.

The shot and the header were OK, but any keeper worth his wages was expected to save these. He had a better chance, in the first half, to receive the ball with his face to goal in the left half-space. A good first touch and he would have had a clear shot or an assist to the right. He opted to shoot, but his first touch gifted the ball to the centre-half. It just summed up his season.

But for anyone who happened to watch the game at Stamford Bridge the other day, the difference in the effort being applied between the likes of Valverde and Vini and what Rashford/Martial have been serving for quite some time now can only make you scratch your head.

led_scholes

I hope that the guy who is responsible for renewing his contract, make a compilation of the last 18 months and tell him "here is our offer for 15k per week, I know it's alot more than we should offer you, but we believe in you that you can improve".

Marwood

Can't think of another United player I've seen to look so low on confidence.

It doesn't help that he's long been careless with the basics. It's now completely undermined the rest of his game.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Can't think of another United player I've seen to look so low on confidence.

It doesn't help that he's long been careless with the basics. It's now completely undermined the rest of his game.
Or it is the attitude which is the problem. If it is that then it’s more difficult to rectify

The Purley King

Hi touch is atrocious
Gave the ball away so often
feck him off on holiday .
Waste of rations at the moment

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
If he was the Rashford of old, he could have had a hat trick today.

Dunno what’s wrong with him, but if Newcastle are interested we should move him on for £60m.
I'm not too sure than any club would spend £60m on Rashford at the moment. It would be one hell of a gamble.!

estel_manutd

I'm not too sure than any club would spend £60m on Rashford at the moment. It would be one hell of a gamble.!
I can see Newcastle spend 40 million on 'Rashy' because it might help burnish the the image of the new Saudi owners. We should sell.

Blood Mage

Mentally and physically shot after years of mismanagement by our coaches. I'm sad for him but he simply has to leave for his own sake. I don't think even Ten Hag can't help him.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
He looked the exact same as Martial did for Sevilla yesterday.
A decent moment or two early on but, overall, no urgency and most importantly no fitness. They look completely shot a few minutes into the second half.

I think they don't have a high threshold for pain. Being afraid to tackle or go for headers in the box and get stuck in in general is the same problem they have with working their lungs hard.

Bwuk

I’d sell him.

He’s part of the biggest issue at the club - lazy and entitled.

He’s never going to be the top player he threatened to be.

Hopefully when he inevitably doesn’t make the England squad for the WC it’s a wake up call. Because Rashford can use his PR team to blame the manager, injuries etc, but he’s just lazy.

Luke1995

Maybe our best player today. That's not saying much since everyone was poor. But given how bad his season has been, this is surely his best performance.

AFC NimbleThumb

Really wanted him to score today & gutted he didn’t capitalise on the headed chance. It’s been a terrible season for most, hopefully he kicks on under a new manager, unlikely but I hope.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
A team of 11 Welbecks would beat a team of 11 Rashford at least 5-0

I don’t really understand what he’s good at. Like what does he do? Why is he their? What does he offer?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

I don’t really understand what he’s good at. Like what does he do? Why is he their? What does he offer?
He doesn't have to do anything. He's a marketers wet dream and the face of United which is all he needs to secure him a new contract. Footballing ability? Who needs that?

BlueHaze

Sadly he's as finished as my hairline. Can't find a single positive thing to say about him this year. Not sure he could even take Zaha's place at palace. Unless it's Klopp or Pep I don't think a new manager will make any difference. Best solution for both parts is to part ways.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Sadly he's as finished as my hairline. Can't find a single positive thing to say about him this year. Not sure he could even take Zaha's place at palace. Unless it's Klopp or Pep I don't think a new manager will make any difference. Best solution for both parts is to part ways.
In fairness Zaha has more footballing talent on one leg then Rashford in his whole body.

Zaha is technically good and can take his defender on at least.

El__Jingo

sell him, its ridiculous how biased some fans are towards the home grown players.

put a fork in him, hes done !

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Historically - good pace and movement, ability to beat players down the left wing, a powerful right footed shot with little back lift that caught keepers off guard and an ability to take half chances utterly clinically. That last one usually came in games where he'd already messed up a couple of easier chances mind but the one he scored would be perfect.

He was very hard to defend against and if he'd improved his decision making when it came to whether to shoot or pass (usually he went for the former but he did also sometimes mix it up by attempting a pass that wasn't on when he had a very good chance) then he would've been one of the league's best players. There was a period after the lockdown break when he looked like he wasn't that far off.

These days - he is contracted to play football for Manchester United, usually available for selection, and over the age of 16. Which is something we've been quite light on since end of January.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

At his best Rashford had the following
- Very strong shot / goalthreat (usually put up strong numbers for a player of his age)
- Rapid
- Good movement in behind
- Full of trickery and unpredictability

However, he has always been
- Technically a bit dodgy (in terms of ability tight spaces)
- Suspect decision making (running into blind alleys and over dribbling)

So Rashford was a good young attacker earlier who had his benefits but the problem for me is his on pitch intelligence and technical quality were always suspect and for any football those are your cornerstones for long term success otherwise you're mostly relying on form and feeling. Also when he excelled he mostly played in counter attacking teams where he could use his raw pace to hurt teams. In a top team you need to shine when there is barely and his technical qualities let him down.

So yeah Rashford was indeed a good young player. But I'm skeptical as to how useful he is for us going forward. A part of me thinks he should move to a club that wants to play counter attack footy.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
200k for a shot out player who cant run for 90 minute after 2 weeks break.

And you call that decent. Then maybe 8th is our level.

Raul would have been booed if he perform like this for Madrid let alone 9 months long.

We shouldnt complaint then. Because this is decent enough for us.

I'd boo the shit out of him

tenpoless

RvP had a very noticable drop back then as he got older. But even then the drop wasn't as massive as Rashford's. What the feck happened to this guy. I didn't know writing books have this kind of impact on football players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hopefully we play as a team next season and then it becomes obvious if Rashford can keep to team standards or not.

Right now he has been horrible in a horrible team, showing no work rate in a team that has no work ethic or understanding. Its why I don't feel like picking on him like he is the single cause of our problems.

gajender

If we can somehow get a 50M bid for him, we should let him go for the sake of both parties.
Nobody is paying 50m for Rashford even if United and Rashford wants to part ways in Summer they both need to be reasonable in their expectations otherwise they will be stuck with eachother till Rashford's contract runs out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Hopefully we play as a team next season and then it becomes obvious if Rashford can keep to team standards or not.

Right now he has been horrible in a horrible team, showing no work rate in a team that has no work ethic or understanding. Its why I don't feel like picking on him like he is the single cause of our problems.
I think he only shines when we don't play as a team (as in possession football), and focus only on fast counter attack play.

Problem is, most of the time he just keep losing the possession when running into defenders, or loss the ball with poor passing. But he is good at running with pace, movement in behind and shooting the ball hard.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he only shines when we don't play as a team (as in possession football), and focus only on fast counter attack play.

Problem is, most of the time he just keep losing the possession when running into defenders, or loss the ball with poor passing. But he is good at running with pace, movement in behind and shooting the ball hard.
That's fair -

But possesion isn't just about passing; it's just as important to have good positioning as said in Pep's 3 P's; and this has to be done by both him and his team mates.

Rashford played a much more simplified game under Van Gaal so I hope that Ten Hag can bring something up again for the whole team where they have things like the right positioning for things like passing and pressure. When watching City, the football is not jaw dropping passing, its actually a very simple pass to a player literally next to them that me and you could do on the football pitch, so Rashford should be able to do it.

Then there is the variety of players that cohesively make a team - an inverted forward like Rashford doesn't get the best out of a striker like Ronaldo and just as important; vice versa. This is probably why Sancho has been our primary LW this season because he gets the better out of Ronaldo more than Rashford.

I do agree that he is very counter attacking based player but I also feel like that's the easiest way for him to play football. After the debut under Van Gaal he has only had physical defensive football (at times park the bus football) under Jose and then individualised soak the pressure counter attacking football under Ole. I'm personally not seeing any sort of team tactic under Rangnick.

It's why I feel like I can wait and see him under Ten Hag. Ten Hag is a manager that should be able to get a team playing to a cohesive team tactic written on the white board - if Rashford is not good enough at that point then he is no use for anyone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.