4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Touched the ball 3 times in the space of 60 seconds at one stage . He gave it to a Norwich player the 3 times :lol: I’d actually prefer Martial at this stage

and that is the ultimate insult

RedIan

Rashford can not have become a dog shit player in one season…but he has.. he has no confidence in his ability, his head has completely gone.. consequently he’s playing like a pub team player. Running into players, loosing the ball, passing to no one… scared of shooting and on and on..

hope he gets his mojo back next season as right now he is a liability player,

Quagmire Maguire

There is literally not one post defending him in this thread after that game.

He used to do what Elanga is doing now. It has nothing to do with energy. He’s a 24 year old, who are the senior pros putting a stop to it? Pogba who’s just as bad for effort? Matic who’s leaving? De Gea who’s probably never stood up to anyone? Ronaldo who’s never tracked back in his life?

It’s on Rashford, of course it is. But it goes way deeper than that. The culture of the dressing room is completely rotten.
Not on this thread today but there are plenty on this forum who have been defending Rashford for this shite over the last 2 years, this isn't a new trait he has developed, he has been like this for years. It's just a large portion of the fans, media and pundits were blinded by his goal scoring stats. His goal scoring has stopped and people are finally awake to how limited he is as a player, but less excusable than that is just how down right lazy he is!! There are plenty on this forum who are saying give him another year and if he is still crap cash in, not realising that if he is still crap in another years time his value will be 0, just see Alexis Sanchez, and we will likely be paying part of his wages whilst he plays for another club, if he he has any takers!

Edited to say, there are now people defending him again on this very thread today.. 'hope he gets his mojo back next season' etc etc

Dansk

Despite not appearing since January, Mason Greenwood has scored more goals than Rashford thus far this season.

stw2022

Rashford can not have become a dog shit player in one season…but he has.. he has no confidence in his ability, his head has completely gone.. consequently he’s playing like a pub team player. Running into players, loosing the ball, passing to no one… scared of shooting and on and on..

Hasn’t just been one season though to be honest the decline hasn’t been that dramatic. It’s been more gradual and progressive than I think some want to admit but up until relatively recently it wasn’t that popular to say that he’s been poor for a long time. That’s what makes me doubt he can turn it around as you’d maybe expect if it was a sudden dip in form.

Sudden dip is survivable. Being 24 and becoming progressively worse for two years is, for me, the damning fact

Castia

Something isn't right with Rashford it's like he doesn't even enjoy the game anymore

Sylar

Something isn't right with Rashford it's like he doesn't even enjoy the game anymore
It's quite sad, it seems like football is getting in the way of him doing what he wants to do

Others have an air of entitlement an interim manager has punctured, only their egos are more inflated than ever. Rangnick demanded a 'more nasty' streak from United's defending when it is certainly present in the dressing room. The backbiting from one player about teammates is so vindictive he might as well be an opponent.
Many always feel wronged and are never in the wrong. One player has slagged off just about every competitor for his role. That backbiting among players takes precedent over the next manager's style.
Both from Samuel Luckhurst.

stw2022

What he doesn’t like is losing golden boy status and being held accountable for his performances. That’s all this is. This is all it’s ever been.

His off field activities and praise from that gave him something approaching a messiah complex that has inevitably been toxic to his development as a relatively young player. Certainly in terms of his character if not technical attributes.

Anything less than the effusive praise he’s become accustomed to isn’t something he knows how to handle. That’s why he looks and plays like someone just told by his mum to clean his room and get a job.

When we look back and listen to what Ferguson said for years about keeping young players feet on the ground…. this is why. This is what happens when you don’t.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There is nothing wrong with him. He is sulking because he's not getting his way. It's pure petulance.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't it possible that he is just frustrated because he hasn't managed to get to his pre back injury level? And lost confidence?

hobbers

ETH will eat him for breakfast over his work rate.

If he's still here next season he'll get one sub appearance, and be subbed off again before the end, and that will be the last we see of him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Isn't it possible that he is just frustrated because he hasn't managed to get to his pre back injury level? And lost confidence?
That would make a lot of sense if he was playing like some grafting low level player that was just focusing on energy but not trying anything with the ball. He’s the exact opposite, trying and failing everything on the ball and giving no energy otherwise.

Toxic cnut

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Saddens me that Rashford is performing as poorly as he is and that the atmosphere around him seems to becoming toxic. Perhaps the summer is the time for him to leave? I’ll always have a positive regard towards him both for what he has done on the pitch (last 12 months aside) and off the pitch.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He’s easily influenced by those pair! Notice how the Rashford brand is suddenly more of a priority than the football.
Its his decision can’t blame anyone else but him

Kaos

I've seen him turn up more for those Google Ads than him actually doing something in a United shirt.

If he ends the season with the same apathetic attitude then he can go, I wouldn't even give him next season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Him constantly failing to beat his man infuriates me to no end , just play the simple pass.

led_scholes

I don't want to see him again in our shirt. He is getting outran by a 37 years old guy who started the game. Enough.

He does not deserve another 12 months of chances. People who say that he does, should consider that the problem with Rashford is not that his shooting or his pace are gone. Is that he doesn't even try. If he can't run due to his back injuries then he can't play in a top league again. He can go and play in the Balkans or Belgium.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC

This hasn’t happened in one season, it’s been a decline for a few seasons now. I think ever since that first PSG win when Ole got awarded his contract that he’s slowly declined since.

Djemba-Djemba

This hasn’t happened in one season, it’s been a decline for a few seasons now. I think ever since that first PSG win when Ole got awarded his contract that he’s slowly declined since.
Nah, in the 19/20 season before his back injury and the pandemic he was by miles our best player, he was carrying us.

Never been the same since then though. He scored a decent amount of goals last season but his performances generally weren't anything special and he's been woeful this season. Plus the goals have completely dried up.

I'm starting to give up on him.

Foxbatt

He doesn't give a feck about United now. All he is interested is in his brand.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's shit and pisses me off but we should park the bus at anfield and he's our only player to exploit that space.

Doracle

Despite not appearing since January, Mason Greenwood has scored more goals than Rashford thus far this season.
Greenwood has played 300 more minutes than Rashford this season and has one more goal. Sancho has played 1100 more minutes this season and has the same number of goals.

Rashford clearly has been poor this season.There’s no need to throw in misleading one-liners to to try and make him sound worse.

Dr. McBeasty

Any time I try to imagine what our team will look like in the future, I just can’t see how he fits in anymore. Will probably still be here next year for one last chance (not even sure what clubs would want to/be able to buy him), but it’s hard to have any hope.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he just work on more of his pass, and try not to run into opponents' legs every single fecking time he has the ball, he would immediately improve as a player.

Its not really that difficult, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.