Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Everything is wrong. Attitude, effort, skills, intelligence…. There is just nothing positive that makes you believe he can or even wants to turn it around

clarkydaz

Sometimes you have to stand back to see how far Rashford has fallen.

He can't get into this United team! Elanga starts ahead of him and deservedly so. When Ronaldo was injured we played Bruno instead of him. He's out of the England squad. He's out of our starting XI and if his performances don't pick up then I want him out of United next season.

Going to be fascinating to see how brand Rashford gets on if he's at Aston Villa.
And Elanga is hardly twisting defenders inside out, he is just doing the basics

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
What exactly do you expect of him in 13 minutes?
I’d be content to see him running like crazy, always looking for the ball, attacking with intent, pressing with passion and desire. Get a fecking yellow, get in a fight, show that he gives a shit.

Just compare his behaviour to Hannibal when he came on against liverpool.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I wonder how much Ole is to blame here, in the last 2 seasons he played Rashford when he could barely move due to injuries, now it looks like he can't remember how to move

At the moment I still back Rashford to come good, it's not been an easy season for any of the players and in Rashford's case his confidence is obviously at the lowest I've ever seen from any player and under RR no player is being helped so I'm hoping under ETH Rashford can return to his best.

The problem is that it's now 3 seasons in all (2 with injuries and now this season) so while he may return to some form it's hard to imagine he'll actually push on and reach the potential he looked to have
Again with this shit? Mate the guy is a dumb footballer. Has nothing to do with injuries

HackeyC

He has turned into a kick and run merchant but can no longer even kick it past an opponent... It's a real shame, he is a shadow of the player from 3 seasons back.

stw2022

He has turned into a kick and run merchant but can no longer even kick it past an opponent... It's a real shame, he is a shadow of the player from 3 seasons back.
Yes and right timescale. The latest excuse is that this form has been a sudden dip after years of top class displays that’s easy to turn around. He’s been on decline for two years gradually

Red Star One

Again with this shit? Mate the guy is a dumb footballer. Has nothing to do with injuries
But he wasn’t always like that. I’d buy the dumb footballer argument if he wasn’t one of our better and more motivated players before he was ran to the ground in Ole’s tenure. I don’t blame his collapse fully on Ole, but something has happened that got Rashford less committed, less ambitious and also less capable psychically. I’m not sure if his career with United will be as good as I hoped it would be, but he’s far from being done as a footballer. The ability is still there

Barnslig

Who knows why RR does any of the things he does
Honestly my biggest gripe with his short tenure. How can he expect anything different, when he keeps playing the same team and subbing the same players on?

Unless he's chosen to persist with the senior squad to fully spotlight where our problems lie, and to shield the youth from criticism? Who know, guess we'll find out in a book in a decades time

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
But he wasn’t always like that. I’d buy the dumb footballer argument if he wasn’t one of our better and more motivated players before he was ran to the ground in Ole’s tenure. I don’t blame his collapse fully on Ole, but something has happened that got Rashford less committed, less ambitious and also less capable psychically. I’m not sure if his career with United will be as good as I hoped it would be, but he’s far from being done as a footballer. The ability is still there
Oh he was like that even in the first half of last season but because he was scoring these things didn't go under the microscope like they do now. There were a number of people complaining about his decision making

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
What a dumb quote.

Prior to the back injury Rashford was performing extremely well, even last season he was scoring some impressive goals, but I have to admit that on occasions, his decision making was poor, and that is especially noticeable this season. There is obviously a problem with Rashford, and also Martial come to that. Perhaps a new manager can reignite both players to their former glories, but making a crap statement like this serves no purpose but to inflate someone's ego.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What a dumb quote.

Prior to the back injury Rashford was performing extremely well, even last season he was scoring some impressive goals, but I have to admit that on occasions, his decision making was poor, and that is especially noticeable this season. There is obviously a problem with Rashford, and also Martial come to that. Perhaps a new manager can reignite both players to their former glories, but making a crap statement like this serves no purpose but to inflate someone's ego.
Isnt that people are pointing out that his form has nothing to do with injuries. His football intelligence is not good. Even at his best he was just good ( impressive if you consider his age) and never world class. Too much shenanigans for a player who can be easily replaced and i would argue if we get Antony for right side, he has no place in first team. Giving him improved contract would be massive risk and a potential blunder

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Double standards for your favourite player. If people made these excuses for other players you’d be the first to call them fan boys. There’s no excuse for his lack of effort.
Double standards? This is the first season in his Utd career he's been crap and you lot have gone for the throat.

Likes of Luke Shaw has had 1 good season in 6 years and gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

Rashford up until this season has probably been among our best 5 players.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Even at his best he was just good ( impressive if you consider his age) and never world class.
He was just starting to push into that territory in the couple of months before the back injury. Before that he'd always been a talented but inconsistent kid who did have a tendency to do well in the big games, but he'd stepped up big time in 19/20 and was carrying us to some extent in the months directly before that injury. If that form had continued then he would have had a shout at being world class.

The question is whether that form was the outlier and he was never going to be able to maintain it, whether the injuries cost him that ability, or whether it was him constantly playing through the injuries that did more damage? There's really no way to know.

MadDogg

Double standards? This is the first season in his Utd career he's been crap and you lot have gone for the throat.

Likes of Luke Shaw has had 1 good season in 6 years and gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

He was poor last season as well, almost as bad as he has been this season. He just managed to still get a good amount of goals and assists which seemed to blind a lot of people, but his general form and attitude had already nosedived completely.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was poor last season as well, almost as bad as he has been this season. He just managed to still get a good amount of goals and assists which seemed to blind a lot of people, but his general form and attitude had already nosedived completely.
Stopped reading at 'managed to get good amount of goals and assists'. That's his job mate. Last season he got similar numbers to Sadio Mane.

This season has been a disaster for him but he's not alone. Other than DDG and Ronaldo the whole lot of them have been atrocious. It's not ability that's letting us down. It's blatantly obvious the squad have all fallen out.

MadDogg

Stopped reading at 'managed to get good amount of goals and assists'. That's his job mate. Last season he got similar numbers to Sadio Mane.

This season has been a disaster for him but he's not alone. Other than DDG and Ronaldo the whole lot of them have been atrocious. It's not ability that's letting us down. It's blatantly obvious the squad have all fallen out.
There's more than just goals and assists, otherwise Lukaku is one of the best strikers around (well, other than this season and his second with us). Rashford's general form was very similar to how he played this season (not quite so bad but not that far off), so would you be saying he was playing well this season if he'd managed to score more goals but the rest of his game remained the exact same?.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's more than just goals and assists, otherwise Lukaku is one of the best strikers around (well, other than this season and his second with us). Rashford's general form was very similar to how he played this season (not quite so bad but not that far off), so would you be saying he was playing well this season if he'd managed to score more goals but the rest of his game remained the exact same?.
If he got us 33 goals and assists every season mate he could sleep with my Mrs.

Theres a hatred towards him which goes further than football. His political stuff I think has antagonised many people too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Theres a hatred towards him which goes further than football. His political stuff I think has antagonised many people too.
I think it's made people believe that he doesn't care about Football.

It may or may not be true - but I think its OTT aswell.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Last season the squad was set up for players like Rashford. When a team plays counter attacking football it's to be expected.

This season we've changed tactics and are at least trying to play a more sustainable football and players like Rashford have shown they don't have the intelligence or the necessary skill set to play in a system where link up play is fundamental and I have to admit that I'm not going to miss those days of hit and rush football even if it was mildly successful.

MadDogg

Hatred? I'm not English so have no direct impact from his political stuff, but from everything I see it's fantastic work. I certainly have no hatred or dislike for him because of it, indeed it's probably the main thing stopping me actively disliking him now.

From 19/20 he has got increasingly lazier on the pitch. Before that he was quite a hard worker, somebody that would in theory have fit in well with what Rangnick wanted and what ETH will probably want next season. When that laziness first started creeping into his game it coincided with him actually entering his best ever form so we were all more than willing to accept that. And when I say best ever form, it's not just because of goals and assists. He was truly devastating opposition teams, ripping them apart and playing a huge part in everything good that we were doing.

When he came back from the back injury after lockdown he wasn't the same player on the individual level but he was still playing for the team. He had good interplay with others, he was bringing people into play and creating chances. That soon after the injury and with the amount of goodwill that he'd built up, nobody was too worried.

20/21 was where things started going noticeably downhill. His laziness increased further, his selfishness was increasing, he wasn't linking up well with anybody else, he was making stupid decisions...his general form was poor at best. He had many games where he was absolutely terrible but then had one moment where he managed to get the ball into the back of the net (often after stuffing up numerous other good opportunities) and that seemed to blind a lot of people to his general form. Many of us said at the time that it was good that he was still getting goals and assists, and being able to do that while playing poorly is a good ability, but it wasn't sustainable. He would either need to kick back into gear or the goals would dry up.

That's exactly what has happened this season. Everything that was poor last season has gotten even worse this season, AND the goals have dried up. Now he has nothing left to fall back on.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hatred? I'm not English so have no direct impact from his political stuff, but from everything I see it's fantastic work. I certainly have no hatred or dislike for him because of it, indeed it's probably the main thing stopping me actively disliking him now.

From 19/20 he has got increasingly lazier on the pitch. Before that he was quite a hard worker, somebody that would in theory have fit in well with what Rangnick wanted and what ETH will probably want next season. When that laziness first started creeping into his game it coincided with him actually entering his best ever form so we were all more than willing to accept that. And when I say best ever form, it's not just because of goals and assists. He was truly devastating opposition teams, ripping them apart and playing a huge part in everything good that we were doing.

When he came back from the back injury after lockdown he wasn't the same player on the individual level but he was still playing for the team. He had good interplay with others, he was bringing people into play and creating chances. That soon after the injury and with the amount of goodwill that he'd built up, nobody was too worried.

20/21 was where things started going noticeably downhill. His laziness increased further, his selfishness was increasing, he wasn't linking up well with anybody else, he was making stupid decisions...his general form was poor at best. He had many games where he was absolutely terrible but then had one moment where he managed to get the ball into the back of the net (often after stuffing up numerous other good opportunities) and that seemed to blind a lot of people to his general form. Many of us said at the time that it was good that he was still getting goals and assists, and being able to do that while playing poorly is a good ability, but it wasn't sustainable. He would either need to kick back into gear or the goals would dry up.

That's exactly what has happened this season. Everything that was poor last season has gotten even worse this season, AND the goals have dried up. Now he has nothing left to fall back on.
Good post. He’s been heading this way for a long time. I’m not English either. Sick of people using his politics to deflect from his lack of effort.

Robbie Boy

Good summary. I've never been critical of Rashford, and while his numbers were decent last season, it was obvious that his performances and overall play were declining.

I don't know where he goes from here, but I imagine he'll be here next season. He certainly can't be thought of as an automatic starter going forward, but hopefully ETH can get him back to some kind of form.

Frank White

Last season the squad was set up for players like Rashford. When a team plays counter attacking football it's to be expected.

This season we've changed tactics and are at least trying to play a more sustainable football and players like Rashford have shown they don't have the intelligence or the necessary skill set to play in a system where link up play is fundamental and I have to admit that I'm not going to miss those days of hit and rush football even if it was mildly successful.
No idea what United you watch. The football we play is as shit as it's ever been from front to back and literally everyone looks worse than years past, Bruno gone to shit, whole defence wank, midfield get dominated, attack outside of Ronaldo have been mostly shit. Even the people we brought in Varane is a walking sick note and even then he's been disappointing, Sancho hugely underwhelming.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I cannot fathom how people are saying he is just going through a bad patch. A bad patch is what Lukaku is going through , or in Utd terms Bruno. A bad patch means they can come good with confidence, hard work, a bit of luck whatever. The form Rashford is showing this season and especially in 2022 would not get him into a league 2 team. That is not an exaggeration and I challenge anyone to come up with one decent thing he has done recently. Just one. This guy is never coming back to form even with another team. He is done.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No idea what United you watch. The football we play is as shit as it's ever been from front to back and literally everyone looks worse than years past, Bruno gone to shit, whole defence wank, midfield get dominated, attack outside of Ronaldo have been mostly shit. Even the people we brought in Varane is a walking sick note and even then he's been disappointing, Sancho hugely underwhelming.
I didn't say it was pretty. I said we're moving away from counter attacking football where Rashford felt most comfortable.

OL29

He was mediocre under Jose too but people were much more forgiving than they were to other players. I’ve actually defended Rashford for last season and most of this season but you and a lot of others judge him differently to others due to home grown status.

Smithy89

It is mental the number of people who rate Shaw, he's absolutely shocking. He's had about 6 months of decent football for us.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Regardless of what you think of Maguire being captain, this clown needs to show his teammates a bit of fecking respect

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was mediocre under Jose too but people were much more forgiving than they were to other players. I’ve actually defended Rashford for last season and most of this season but you and a lot of others judge him differently to others due to home grown status.
If you judge all the players who have been at the club for 5 years as he has....he's been nowhere near the worst overall.

This season he's been shocking but I think we are starting to find out why the team is in total disarray. The atmosphere is toxic.

I'm willing to give Rashford a chance under a top coach. He's shown he can be a very good player for us. He just needs guidance.

Can't believe how hostile the fanbase has become with him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Good post. He’s been heading this way for a long time. I’m not English either. Sick of people using his politics to deflect from his lack of effort.
It's not just the good work he does -- he wants to be seen as an influencer and I'm pretty sure he is eyeing a career in politics. For instance, his book on how to achieve goals for kids or his very own logo (that looks ridiculous) aren't really something "for the cause".

RiqCantona

I still haven't come to terms with how toxic he is around the dressing room, and how he keeps leaking inside info to the press. I'm not sure I would want him at the club in the long run if he doesn't change his attitude. He's been so disappointing this season on so many different levels.

Frank White

I still haven't come to terms with how toxic he is around the dressing room, and how he keeps leaking inside info to the press. I'm not sure I would want him at the club in the long run if he doesn't change his attitude. He's been so disappointing this season on so many different levels.
huh? So this is just now common knowledge that he's the one with the leaks?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Regardless of what you think of Maguire being captain, this clown needs to show his teammates a bit of fecking respect

This was the moment I went from - despite his goals he’s majorly holding the team back clearly walking around with a shitty attitude. The manager is ruining the team making this guy the main man and it’ll all totally backfire before the end of the season

to this guy is probably the most major problem in the team. He’s a twat whose management team came up with some PR genius and now despite any evidence to the contrary he can still do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

He looks finished as a hungry top level footballer and has done since the post lockdown run.

stw2022

huh? So this is just now common knowledge that he's the one with the leaks?

The sheer number of puff pieces that get written about him shows at least he has a symbiotic relationship with the media. General lack of coverage of how awful he’s been also smacks of a back not wanting to upset one of its most reliable scratchers

Frank White

The sheer number of puff pieces that get written about him shows at least he has a symbiotic relationship with the media. General lack of coverage of how awful he’s been also smacks of a back not wanting to upset one of its most reliable scratchers
So no then?

Status
Not open for further replies.