4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

I fecking hate this new trend of videos with insufferable sounding narrators who feel the need to explain things to us - it’s the same with those stupid Tifo videos on the Athletic. A few people might be blaming Rashford’s off-field activities, but I love what he’s done off the field; doesn’t make me any less appalled by his attitude on the pitch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Political asset. He's our academy poster boy.
Absolutely

We'll sell such players only when forced too. ETH won't rock that boat just yet. I just hope they don't give him a contract soon after he does alright (if he does alright)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's only an asset if the board are idiots and still buy into his hardworking, academy boy who's a saint off the pitch bullshit.

He's cancer on the pitch with his total lack of effort and needs to be removed so it doesn't spread to the younger players that the club will tolerate this kind of attitude.
I think their track record has proven that (Sir Alex and Sir Bobby aside - not including those two legends in name calling !)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I would give up for a moment. 95% in here have decided Rashford is absolutely useless, a disgrace and all whats wrong with the club.
You can spend your time wiser than arguing with these lads.

Time will tell who is correct. I for one still have hope that he can turn it around under ETH. He at least deserves this chance. But it will depend on Rashford himself more than anyone if he takes it. And I hope he is aware of that.
Deserve? For not even putting the effort and leaking stories about 12 hours workout session?

Seriously?

Greck

Uhh that video was posted in January right, the narrator concludes by saying his last minute winner against West ham (our most recent game then) was evidence he was regaining form and the narrative would soon shift. We now know what an epic fail of a prediction that was.

He would actually do the opposite and play 4 more months of even worse football, lose his place to Elanga and have every attacker under contract start ahead of him as a striker. Seeing how things played out it's the critics getting vindicated. The narrator making the criticism to sound like an unfounded witchhunt now looks silly. At least an additional 4 months sample size can't be swept under the rug

Edit: the video actually reminds us of how some get overprotected through their red flag periods. It also doesn't sound like Rash has taken any of it as legitimate feedback. It's true Ole mismanaged him though. Might have actually shortened the lad's career.

Last edited:

united for life

It’s an important season for Marcus, a make or break season - at least for him as a united player. He’s been in terrible form for a while. His lazy, indifferent performances made it appalling to watch him. His body language on the pitch is so lazy it makes it seem he doesn’t even try. And when he tries, his decision making is horrible. A simple pass vs dibbling into 5 players, he dribbles and loses the ball. That’s where he’s at now. He seems to be an intruder to the game, someone who doesn’t know football but somehow ended up playing. I know he has the quality, the minimum requirement to be a united player at least, but his level of confidence is very low at the moment.

instead of asking for guarantees, he should put his head down and work hard - show the new manager he is worth being in the team. Probably open up to the new manager and talk about it, but don’t ask for guarantees.

We need him at the club, especially with our shortage up front. I really hope he comes through this, he needs to be mentally strong and work hard for it.

jem

I LOVE how this video has hit some fans on the right spot and pissed them off :lol:

A player that has zero effort did play 11 months through injury!
I always find it to be a telltale sign of desperation when a poster revels in the apparent anger/discomfort of others who don’t rate/criticize a player. I’m sure if you scroll through the Lingard threads, you’ll find similar “I love how wound up people get by Lingard’s holiday posts - it’s so funny how angry they get….”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I fecking hate this new trend of videos with insufferable sounding narrators who feel the need to explain things to us - it’s the same with those stupid Tifo videos on the Athletic. A few people might be blaming Rashford’s off-field activities, but I love what he’s done off the field; doesn’t make me any less appalled by his attitude on the pitch.
Yeah I dont love Tifo videos either. Still watch them but I think its because I have feck all enjoyment United related, so I'd happily watch a tifo vid on how say, ETH will set up at United :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The only thing more annoying than lingard is rashford and his shite hairstyle. Even since he's got the pigeons nest he's become even more shittier than usual.

hobbers

I LOVE how this video has hit some fans on the right spot and pissed them off :lol:

Sounds more likely that the criticism of it has hit you in the right spot.

No one should be able to sit through 30 minutes of that. Not anyone playing with a full deck anyway.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sounds more likely that the criticism of it has hit you in the right spot.

No one should be able to sit through 30 minutes of that. Not anyone playing with a full deck anyway.
No hobs. Your replying to me :lol:

Nordmore

A couple months ago I did really believe he can come back to his old form one day. But now knowing he's played more than 60 matches through various injures I'm really worry he won't be able to.

Fernando Torres did the same thing for Liverpool and we all know what happened to him. It's really sad.

Irwin99

Disregarding all the negativity of the past year and a half and all of the stories, I wonder if he's actually good enough to be an elite player, which is what the club want.

Put Rashford (before the back injury) into Real Madrid, Liverpool, City or Bayern and does he fit in their systems and is he good enough at his very best? I'm honestly not sure, but that's not a definite 'no' either. I think he benefited a lot from Ole's lightning counter attack set up that's for sure.

edcunited1878

Disregarding all the negativity of the past year and a half and all of the stories, I wonder if he's actually good enough to be an elite player, which is what the club want.

Put Rashford (before the back injury) into Real Madrid, Liverpool, City or Bayern and does he fit in their systems and is he good enough at his very best? I'm honestly not sure, but that's not a definite 'no' either. I think he benefited a lot from Ole's lightning counter attack set up that's for sure.
He was identified as a player who would elevate United towards the top. Which he kind of did under Ole, under a fast transition, take the space behind type of player who focused on goals from a high volume of chances.

Problem is, he's not a player who can create for himself or others out of nothing. Plus his consistency and decision making, he's not near the elites of the PL....de Bryune, Salah, Son, Ronaldo even. He's a level below Mane (whom he may have matched for a season or two, but but not multiple), Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Jota, Kane. I'd day that Saka is a more consistent player than Marcus.

He's Manchester United's number 10. One of the highest earners at the club and in England. His effort and pride is unacceptable. Previous long term 10s were Mark Hughes, Sheringham, RVN, and Rooney. That's a steep, steep fall from where the 10 once was where it is now.

Behind a handful of players in the England squad to the point that he is in danger of missing out on the WC squad for England. He was a fringe player now he's probably on the outside looking in.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

The couple of months directly before the back injury he was definitely good enough. He was brilliant and seemed to be taking the step up to being an actual world-class player, somewhat carrying our attack and bailing us out over and over again.

Before that period he was quite inconsistent, and then he's obviously dropped off massively ever since the back injury (and seems to be getting worse as time goes on). The question is whether those couple of months were just a good patch and he would never have been able to maintain it, or whether it was the start of him truly stepping up to the top level? Nobody can really know, but he's never looked remotely the same since.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Problem is, he's not a player who can create for himself or others out of nothing.
If you think this then I wonder if you've ever actually watched him. I mean you only have to watch most of his goals and I'd bet 70% of them are goals he's created for himself and last season when he was fecked with his shoulder his goal involvements was still high because of the assists he was getting

led_scholes

Why we assume its Rashford? Other reports claim that we want ETH to keep Rashford. Why would the management keep Rashford if they feel he is treacherous? It doesn't make sense.

Dan_F

Bore off. It’s already been posted in the thread about the leaks and has nothing to do with Rashford’s performance, which is what this thread is supposed to be for.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Injured?

more like he can’t be arsed as it’s been all season, why change it now.

-Supreme-

Interestingly he’s been injured since the 3-0 win over Brentford where he was an unused sub.

M16Red

Fashion Glasses:

According to a survey, around 45% of people believe that wearing glasses make them look smarter or can accentuate their look.

ohhrooney

The elephant in the room. The conductor of current toxic climate. He and his pal Jesse. Sooner they are let go of better for the club.

Since the day he made Ole apologise for his own shitty form, his dark side was revealed. No player should have this much power.

The reason he could be so good off field is because he was so good on field but if he chooses to neglect the latter, and further create a toxic atmosphere just because no player thinks he is worth any respect, what use he is to the great institution called Manchester United.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The elephant in the room. The conductor of current toxic climate. He and his pal Jesse. Sooner they are let go of better for the club.

Since the day he made Ole apologise for his own shitty form, his dark side was revealed. No player should have this much power.

The reason he could be so good off field is because he was so good on field but if he chooses to neglect the latter, and further create a toxic atmosphere just because no player thinks he is worth any respect, what use he is to the great institution called Manchester United.
He made Ole do that ?

JanK

Supports
Napoli

Fashion Glasses:

According to a survey, around 45% of people believe that wearing glasses make them look smarter or can accentuate their look.
Rash looks like a son of Malcolm X and a 90's West Coast rapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.