Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCross

He was good for us.

Now he’s atrocious.

Think a large majority of United fans should want him to return to being good for us. That’s the best for the club. We have this season to see which Rashford turns up. Judge him next year.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was good for us.

Now he’s atrocious.

Think a large majority of United fans should want him to return to being good for us. That’s the best for the club. We have this season to see which Rashford turns up. Judge him next year.
But a lot of us have been calling out his bad performances for a long time now only to be shown his stats like with Bruno.That's why some of us have less patience. That "judge him next year" was this season.

Rashford has 250 club and country appearances. Not a youngster either.

Chairman Steve

The surgery for the injuries that was supposedly hampering him, seem to have made him worse. The most worrying part in my opinion is the lack of effort and application on the pitch. It‘s a surreal sight watching local lad, academy product Rashford look so disinterested on the pitch that it would make your stereotypical Johnny Foreigner mercenary blush.

Even he does well this year, I’d be sceptical about the future because a) it’s World Cup year and b) contract is running up. Who’s to say he’ll revert back to what we’ve been seeing this past 18 months once the club have handed him a huge pay raise and another 4 years on his contract?

He seems more interested in doing stuff outside of football and being an England golden boy. Reminds me of around 20 years ago when the Utd manager had enough of someone like that, cut ties and never looked back… and that someone was a lot more proven and established.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The surgery for the injuries that was supposedly hampering him, seem to have made him worse. The most worrying part in my opinion is the lack of effort and application on the pitch. It‘s a surreal sight watching local lad, academy product Rashford look so disinterested on the pitch that it would make your stereotypical Johnny Foreigner mercenary blush.

Even he does well this year, I’d be sceptical about the future because a) it’s World Cup year and b) contract is running up. Who’s to say he’ll revert back to what we’ve been seeing this past 18 months once the club have handed him a huge pay raise and another 4 years on his contract?

He seems more interested in doing stuff outside of football and being an England golden boy. Reminds me of around 20 years ago when the Utd manager had enough of someone like that, cut ties and never looked back… and that someone was a lot more proven and established.
Because the injury and surgery were all excuses for his poor form, poor decision making and running into alleyways.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I might be completely wrong but my head seems to think Rashford's best form has been when the team has played counter-attacking football. He needs that space to make his runs. It will be interesting to see how he fits in a possession-based team the new coach supposedly prefers to play.

EtH

I might be completely wrong but my head seems to think Rashford's best form has been when the team has played counter-attacking football. He needs that space to make his runs. It will be interesting to see how he fits in a possession-based team the new coach supposedly prefers to play.
Yep. Said the same earlier in this thread. It’s gonna be like Podolski at Arsenal only I don’t think Rashford is or ever will be as good as Podolski.

This all assumes that Rashford brings any sort of effort or form back to the pitch at all which is very unlikely IMO.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He did ok under LVG

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Weaknesses have since been worked out by opposition coaches and players. Let's hope for a resurgence in his form.
Distinct lack of top coaching for his game since LVG left too.

Marwood

Isn't that the concensus of everyone?

adkb

Isn't he in the last year of his contract?

I think the united board is going to again be scrutinized over this. They have been known to hand out contracts to players like candies and I do not think that is going to happen with Rashy. I am not even going to discuss the bump in pay.

Does united loose their homegrown player for free then? That is a crap load of merchandise sale and charity promotions down the drain, the way I see it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Isn't that the concensus of everyone?
If that is the consensus why then have we kept him and not sold him whilst his stock was high and now he's in his final year of the contract.

PS: Does anyone know if the club has an option for an extra year?

JohnnyLaw

To be fair to him playmaking and interplay looked to be developing quite nicely under Ole.
If we can get the team movement right he has the ability to be successful, if he can get his head out of his arse as Rooney put it.

For now he’s the only truly rapid attacker and that’s definitely a plus for him as we’re not always going to be the dominant team and there will be tactical and end-game scenarios where having that quality within the squad will be important.

Rashford aside, Sancho and Amad and Antony if we can add him will definitely fit this shift and Ronaldo is always going to be first choice striker. Wether Rashford will fit or not seems a luxury problem.

Marwood

If that is the consensus why then have we kept him and not sold him whilst his stock was high and now he's in his final year of the contract.

PS: Does anyone know if the club has an option for an extra year?
Why we haven't sold him? Whole bunch of reasons I'm guessing but we're United. We're not great at moving players on.

But it'ss clear as day he suits counter attacking football. I reckon every United fan on the planet thinks that because its so blatantly obvious. It isn't just your hunch.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Passing ball to feet and all the types of coaching Ten Hag is going to put our players through. is going to be great to watch if it improves the players that need some quality coaching.

Ollie Derbyshire

I really hope ETH can first of all get Rashford in the right mental state and confident with his abilities again (which for me is kepping it simple and using his pace) and then improve his game intelligence, if he does Rashford will be a devastating player for us next season. As bad as last year was for him he still has time in the bank to turn it around this season for me. I just hope he has the desire to put 110% into it.

Trex

Rashford, Martial and Sancho about to have a stormer of a season....quote me on that!!

fps

Rashford isn't a winger, nor a CF. He's a striker. If, for instance, you had a 10 behind 2 strikers, he'd be one of them and he'd be awesome, roaming out wide sometimes, running the channel between CB and FB for through balls, etc. It's just in the modern game that role doesn't seem to exist so much.

I also agree that since the surgery he hasn't looked as mobile and athletic as he did, and I think this gives the impression of him not caring to some people, but if you can't do your best, and the demands of top level football haven't changed, well, it must be a baffling and dispiriting experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.