Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

What utter nonsense.
Only on the Caf :lol:
Well first I was responding to some others seeing a difference.

Felt his body language has been strange the last couple of games. Certainly against Newcastle and again yesterday. The smile has gone and there was almost a swagger of expectation that things would just happen for him, and very slight petulance when they didn’t. Could be the contract talks behind the scenes. Or of course could just be me!
Also there's been lots of reports PSG have been heavily in for Rashford for a while now, their president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has also spoken publicly about wanting to sign him in December.

Erik ten Hag tells Marcus Rashford to reject PSG
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-psg-transfer-manchester-united-b2268888.html
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...est-signing-marcus-rashford-manchester-united
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...ashford-gbp850000-a-week-contract_501729.html

I don't think he's off, there's a chance he could be but a lot has changed since the start of this season to December with potential new owners, brilliant form under ETH and things looking like progressing at United after the dismal end to last season. If the club is not sold, contract negotiations drag on he might accept the PSG offer of double or treble what we can pay under the Glazers. He's also reported to want to know the new owner situation before signing. I don't think it's nonsense probably he's spoke with PSG and his girlfriend would be excited to go there. I think he'll stay but a huge pay packet would be hard to turn down if United are offering 300-400k.

Crimson King

Well first I was responding to some others seeing a difference.

Also there's been lots of reports PSG have been heavily in for Rashford for a while now, their president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has also spoken publicly about wanting to sign him in December.

Erik ten Hag tells Marcus Rashford to reject PSG
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-psg-transfer-manchester-united-b2268888.html
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...est-signing-marcus-rashford-manchester-united
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...ashford-gbp850000-a-week-contract_501729.html

I don't think he's off, there's a chance he could be but a lot has changed since the start of this season to December with potential new owners, brilliant form under ETH and things looking like progressing at United after the dismal end to last season. If the club is not sold, contract negotiations drag on he might accept the PSG offer of double or treble what we can pay under the Glazers. He's also reported to want to know the new owner situation before signing. I don't think it's nonsense probably he's spoke with PSG and his girlfriend would be excited to go there. I think he'll stay but a huge pay packet would be hard to turn down if United are offering 300-400k.
Rashford won't go to PSG. He's not going to go to Ligue 1 at this point in his career.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Chat shit about whether to water the toothbrush after putting on the toothpaste or not?
Ya got to water it after applying the tooth paste.

As an aside, just started brushing with cinnamon toothpaste. It allows for citrus fruit drinks to be consumed immediately after with no bad taste.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Have we actually managed to field our best XI once this season?
Nope. We came close in three games where it was just a defender being out, but not once have we actually played our strongest 11.

2-1 win against Everton at Goodison: Lindelof played instead of Varane. Martial went off injured after 29 minutes.
3-0 win against Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford: Malacia played instead of Martinez (with Shaw playing in the centre).
3-1 win against Everton in the FA Cup: Malacia played instead of Martinez again.

Lentwood

I wouldnt panic about Rashford being out, its a much bigger problem for me when we miss Casemiro/Eriksen.

We're well stocked on the left, Sancho can come in and with Martial back at #9 and Anthony on the right we will be fine for 2/3 weeks

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wouldnt panic about Rashford being out, its a much bigger problem for me when we miss Casemiro/Eriksen.

We're well stocked on the left, Sancho can come in and with Martial back at #9 and Anthony on the right we will be fine for 2/3 weeks
Casemiro out is a big problem because we have noone who can replace what he's doing for us and it's a completely different team without him. Without Eriksen we've been doing (surprisingly) well.

Rashford out is mainly a problem because we're an injury away from starting Pellistri or Elanga, and as far as I remember our wingers never last 90'.
Rashford has faded a bit lately and I think we will be fine without him, but the problem is more how thin we are in those attacking positions.

Cloud7

Chat shit about whether to water the toothbrush after putting on the toothpaste or not?
Water the toothbrush. Put the toothpaste on. Water the toothbrush with the toothpaste on top of it.

Anything else is uncivilized.

Eric_the_Red99

Nope. We came close in three games where it was just a defender being out, but not once have we actually played our strongest 11.

2-1 win against Everton at Goodison: Lindelof played instead of Varane. Martial went off injured after 29 minutes.
3-0 win against Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford: Malacia played instead of Martinez (with Shaw playing in the centre).
3-1 win against Everton in the FA Cup: Malacia played instead of Martinez again.
It’s astonishing really. Especially when you consider that in their title winning season Liverpool seemed to start with the same XI in almost every match (maybe a slight exaggeration but you get the point). It makes such a huge difference to a season.

Glorio

What kind of terminators do we have in this squad - him and Sabitzer both appear pull a groin muscle and turn up a week later? :eek:

As has been mentioned here, hope they're not being rushed. The only Rashford you want in this sort of game is the fully fit version that will run in behind their defence all game and cause them all sorts of problems

RuudTom83

If Martial is on the pitch then Rashford can recover on the side line...but once Martial breaks down then Rashford might need to be risked.

If results don't go United's way this week, then its season over anyway.

Sylar

Guessing the plan was to use him hopefully on 70 minutes even if we were losing 1-0

Which would have been fine if we weren't so horrible as a team. If it was a close 1-0, no way he comes on at half time. The sucker punch was conceding within a minute

Kag

I know he’s just coming back, but I thought his body language was appalling today. Didn’t work back at all in the first half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was pretty much non existent in regular time but showed up well in extra time. Great pen as usual.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Terrible game from him, he and Eriksen are a bad combination off the ball as they cover similar area. Right side was much more balanced.

I would like Rashford to just play it around when it's not happening for him. Make less risky dribbles, try something different.

Jam

Invisible. Only word for today’s performance

Not holding it against him, been rushed back from injury because circumstance demanded it.

Hopefully he can find his grove again before the end of the season, and doesn’t have the rest of his season be a whimper because of this injury.

Really missing the Post-WC Rashford. He made such a difference in our play, and having someone taking their chances was invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.