6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Better than previous games. Was not helped by Sancho beside him.

This niggling injuries are affecting his game. Hopefully he will be fully fit for next year otherwise because we will certainly need him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
After the season he’s had that performance was completely unacceptable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He should spend the entire summer working on what to do when the ball is in the air

flameinthesun

He should spend the entire summer working on what to do when the ball is in the air
I don't think its anything to do with working to get better at it. He's shown that if there is a potential goal to score he can go in for a header. He just does not like to challenge for headers or to challenge for the ball full stop.

He's 1 of a bunch of players that we have that are very good but just lack something.

Banana Republic

There’s more to being a forward than just passively waiting for players to feed you a pass to put you in on goal.
In the last couple of games, he’s reverted to the half assed, lazy player we saw over the previous two seasons, jogging around slowly with no intent of putting in the effort, unless it’s handed to him on a plate.
Marcus has been great for us in the first 2 thirds of the season and without his goals, we’d have ended up mid-table, but he was a dead weight for the team for a large part of today’s match.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think its anything to do with working to get better at it. He's shown that if there is a potential goal to score he can go in for a header. He just does not like to challenge for headers or to challenge for the ball full stop.

He's 1 of a bunch of players that we have that are very good but just lack something.
I don’t think anyone should be above that and the manage should make that clear. If there’s a chance to put pressure you have to do it. At times he jaye stands around and other times he just does stuff to show he’s making an effort

Hammondo

He wasn't really a threat today. Not great in tight spaces so that limited our approach, and unfortunately no other attacking players played well either outside Garnacho.

flameinthesun

I don’t think anyone should be above that and the manage should make that clear. If there’s a chance to put pressure you have to do it. At times he jaye stands around and other times he just does stuff to show he’s making an effort
I'm giving him a pass with this season as we have played a crazy amount of games with a clearly weak squad so the players have played a lot of games. But next season we need to transition into a top pressing team and we can't carry any player to achieve that.

El Jefe

Good player but not a main man for United.

Needs to play off the left with a proper 9 who is the focus of the team.
This and its been clear to me for years.

People get lost in the 30 goals but forget Lukaku scored 27 for us and Ibra scored 28. Good players will score lots of goals if they are the main scoring options in a team.

He absolutely cannot be the main man here, neither him or Bruno. We need a better focal point and he needs to have strong competition for his place.

Dominos

Don't think he was bad, just couldn't get into the game 2nd half. When he actually touched the ball he was mostly decent.

I do have to say though, his decision to lie down in the box "injured" late in the game while we were on the attack was just disgraceful. Get the feck up and play, we have a chance to score a goal. There's never anything seriously wrong with these soft players as evidenced by the fact they never actually get subbed off after wasting everyone's time lying on the floor, get the feck up.

cyberman

Needs to go back to the basics with his shooting from outside the box. He constantly thumps it and goes just over, which is fine if he scored the odd time but he just doesn’t. It’s terrible technique.

Baneofthegame

Don’t think he was particularly great today, his link up play needs to improve.

Also, does anyone else feel he seems to get injured/hurt from any challenge?

Rossa

Him trying to run in behind just didn't work - Walker is faster than him - probably one of very few defenders that will win those foot races, but once Rashford realised he was unable to beat him for pace, his approach looked apprehensive.

Garnacho had more luck because he has more tricks up his sleeve and is more agile.

stw2022

Can't argue with 30 goals a season. Still I agree with others that say there's simply something missing there.

lsd

The Oracle
Don’t think he was particularly great today, his link up play needs to improve.

Also, does anyone else feel he seems to get injured/hurt from any challenge?

It did seem everytime today he didn't get the ball he seemed to pull up as if injured

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just wasn’t in the game and we didn’t play to his strengths. He’s prone to running in to brick walls of defenders when he needs to be involved in quick attacks instead, which wasn’t happening.

cyberman

He has scored the odd time. The Arsenal goal would be the most memorable example.
One? I’d even qualify my point with shots from around the box. He just puts venom behind the shot that’s a bit excessive since he loses control of the flight of the balls.
Bruno does the exact same thing but at least he tends to hit the post or make the keeper work.
Someone will post a few examples but I can’t think of any top corner goals he’s scored despite the amount of times he thumps it and it goes inches wide. It’s almost a skill to get it close to the crossbar like that every time

Woziak

Why are we even having a conversation about Rashford, he’s carrying an injury again and the club is too reliant on him, if Rashford played for City, Peo would make him top 5 in world at times this year, ETH has made him look top 5 to Top 10 attackers in world football. United need a world class number 9, a genuine elite right winger who gets 15 goals 10 assists and a back up striker who can play across the front three positions snd through A vintage Neymar in to . Sancho and Antony numbers, irrespective of their price tags look back up players at best.

We Need ; H Kane, R Hojlund, L Sane or O Dembele and probably Neymar just to release Marcus from all the burden of carrying our attack.

Garnaucho and Amad will develop nicely in background but habving a rostra of attacking talent like that without at least 2 more elite midfielders who play at high intensity like Caciedo/Rice and Veratti/Valverde.

We still have huge gaps in our midfield and Ericssen is a bench warmer at best, we seriously need an upgrade in our engine room before we chase Rashford out of the club.

LittleKingCeadd

We won’t win a league with Rashford as our main goal scoring threat.
Every season he has a brief run of goals & form. We need players like him to be on it all season.
He constantly disappears in in big games.
We have relied on him for far too long.
He ain’t world class and will never be.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Should probably call rest of the squad to join him, considering no one even bothers to win an aerial duel. Even those that do, they just randomly kick it with their head to the opposition.

Dannn411

He badly needs help. The amount of attacking load he has carried in his career is just ridiculous. We need to get him at least two regular threats to play alongside him, if not three. Garnacho is one who we just need to play regularly and then we need to sign a striker to take pressure off him. The other potential guys who can take some of the attacking pressure off are Amad and he who cannot be named.

Stacks

This and its been clear to me for years.

People get lost in the 30 goals but forget Lukaku scored 27 for us and Ibra scored 28. Good players will score lots of goals if they are the main scoring options in a team.

He absolutely cannot be the main man here, neither him or Bruno. We need a better focal point and he needs to have strong competition for his place.
Both of those players are prolific goalscorers. Martial never got 30 with us, neither did Falcao, Sanchez, Greenwood or Cristiano

I feel he is supposed to be the Barcelona version of Pedro type role only a bit more prolific.

Why are we even having a conversation about Rashford, he’s carrying an injury again and the club is too reliant on him, if Rashford played for City, Peo would make him top 5 in world at times this year, ETH has made him look top 5 to Top 10 attackers in world football. United need a world class number 9, a genuine elite right winger who gets 15 goals 10 assists and a back up striker who can play across the front three positions snd through A vintage Neymar in to . Sancho and Antony numbers, irrespective of their price tags look back up players at best.

We Need ; H Kane, R Hojlund, L Sane or O Dembele and probably Neymar just to release Marcus from all the burden of carrying our attack.

Garnaucho and Amad will develop nicely in background but habving a rostra of attacking talent like that without at least 2 more elite midfielders who play at high intensity like Caciedo/Rice and Veratti/Valverde.

We still have huge gaps in our midfield and Ericssen is a bench warmer at best, we seriously need an upgrade in our engine room before we chase Rashford out of the club.
If either Sancho or Antony could have backed Rashford up properly we would have probably been close to Arsenal and won the Europa league. Our season was carried by Rashford's purple patch

PoTMS

I wanna know why he keeps pretending he's injured when the ref's not given him a free kick? Especially when we're on the attack.

Doracle

I wanna know why he keep pretending he's injured when he's not been given a free kick? Especially when we're on the attack.
Probably nursing a bit of an injury and worrying about it. It’s been very noticeable that he’s done that regularly since he’s come back from his last injury. Hopefully, a break, good pre-season and some back up in the form of world class squad additions and he will be back sharp in August.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I wanna know why he keeps pretending he's injured when the ref's not given him a free kick? Especially when we're on the attack.
If this is about what happened in injury time - when he lay down in their box while Garnacho got to the byline - that pissed me off too but he did seem to be legitimately injured. Spent the rest of the match hobbling around.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think we have to be really wary what contract we offer him, he had to great months this year, but 2 great months in years isn’t a reason to break the bank to keep him

Idxomer

He's undoubtedly one of our best players but he's another one like Bruno where I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

His problems are different from Bruno's as he's so lethargic when we don't have the ball and so often you'll just see him at walking pace in the game.

Eddy_JukeZ

That bit where he didn't challenge for the ball was infuriating. He does that every once in a while and I don't get it.

Some bits of good play, but we never got going in attack.

Calls that Garnacho will overtake him next season are very premature.

Get a world class focal point up top and Rashford will thrive off him.

Woziak

Both of those players are prolific goalscorers. Martial never got 30 with us, neither did Falcao, Sanchez, Greenwood or Cristiano

I feel he is supposed to be the Barcelona version of Pedro type role only a bit more prolific.

If either Sancho or Antony could have backed Rashford up properly we would have probably been close to Arsenal and won the Europa league. Our season was carried by Rashford's purple patch
Exactly that !

Smores

It's a shame that he seems to have reverted again. Could be many valid reasons for it be it tiredness, injury, struggling to turn form around but the fact remains when he isn't on it his overall game lacks the polish to make up for it.

Ten Hag will hopefully make him adapt to his system as it'll improve his bottom level immensely.

Some people were arguing he'd get in the City team. Not a chance. Unless the game is going a very particular way he's a very average player.

KD6-3.7

Glad people are finally noticing how poor his work rate is. I've said it many times but if we want to win trophies he can't be a starter because he is far to inconsistent especially when he isn't scoring goals because his overall game like hold up play and linking with team-mates are average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.