6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

Wtf this guy must has started watching United since last season. He was fantastic before his injury. Don't rewrite history to serve your agenda ffs.
I have been watching United long enough to know how low and far standards have fallen. Which is the only reason anyone could possibly classify Rashford’s performances as “fantastic” I suppose.

All of this agenda and bias talk is quite funny as well. Almost as if any Manchester United fan who doesn’t have much time for a player who doesn’t put in the performances or the effort on the pitch seems more like logical while the those taking up for him are biased or have an agenda, no ?

Strelok

I have been watching United long enough to know how low and far standards have fallen. Which is the only reason anyone could possibly classify Rashford’s performances as “fantastic” I suppose.

All of this agenda and bias talk is quite funny as well. Almost as if any Manchester United fan who doesn’t have much time for a player who doesn’t put in the performances or the effort on the pitch seems more like logical while the those taking up for him are biased or have an agenda, no ?
You're on my ignored list. Bye.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I would have worked less hard during Rangnick’s tenure as well.

The tactics were so poor - usually having players press one game and then the next game not do anything.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Lads wetting themselves hoping to get a good version of Rashford.

Even a good Rashford isn't world class or anywhere near it.

Let's hope he can get a few goals and let's face it a couple of good games and he's already better than last year.
We are not ever going to be at the big table with him as the main man

Castia

Zero trust in Marcus after last season.

He wasn’t out of form he simply couldn’t be bothered to even run at times, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more blatant downing of tools in my life.

UpWithRivers

I would have worked less hard during Rangnick’s tenure as well.

The tactics were so poor - usually having players press one game and then the next game not do anything.
Oh please. Stop excusing the players. You can not down tools if your manager is sht. You work harder. If that was the case then every player apart from about 5-10 clubs with really good managers would just down tools. How do players at sht clubs shine? Do they just say 'oh this club is sht Ill just give up?'.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lads wetting themselves hoping to get a good version of Rashford.

Even a good Rashford isn't world class or anywhere near it.

Let's hope he can get a few goals and let's face it a couple of good games and he's already better than last year.
We are not ever going to be at the big table with him as the main man
World class is a meaningless term, everyone and his dog has different definition for it.

Also if Rashford is the main man then it's not player's fault, it means club fecked up to sign better players. Again it's a flawed logic, individuals don't win big titles. Good team with good coach wins titles.

stw2022

By October we’ll have the usual denials that anyone in the thread ever claimed Rashford was fantastic or that anyone was attacked for pointing out they don’t think he’s very good.

People who claim this ever happened will be accused of having an ‘agenda’

Almost makes me nostalgic.

McGrathsipan

World class is a meaningless term, everyone and his dog has different definition for it.

Also if Rashford is the main man then it's not player's fault, it means club fecked up to sign better players. Again it's a flawed logic, individuals don't win big titles. Good team with good coach wins titles.
Forgetting terminology then.....

Good teams with quality players win titles.

Cantona
Van Persie
Andy Cole
Rooney

They are an example of quality players that led the line well .

Can you see Rashford hitting a level like that ?
Right they can't win titles on their own of course but without them their teams are much weaker.

Rashford isn't anywhere near the level required.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Big problem with Rashford aside from the attitude, brand etc is that I think he suits a counter attacking style of football and not one ETH is looking to implement and he really won't have much luck at all, I think Martial suits it far more from a stylistic point of view

roonster09

Scout
Forgetting terminology then.....

Good teams with quality players win titles.

Cantona
Van Persie
Andy Cole
Rooney

They are an example of quality players that led the line well .

Can you see Rashford hitting a level like that ?
Right they can't win titles on their own of course but without them their teams are much weaker.

Rashford isn't anywhere near the level required.
Why do we need Rashford to do that? Why can't sign other players to do that, what can't other players step up and be the Cantona, Rooney, RVP?

You won't have squad full of superstars.

MDFC Manager

Oh please. Stop excusing the players. You can not down tools if your manager is sht. You work harder. If that was the case then every player apart from about 5-10 clubs with really good managers would just down tools. How do players at sht clubs shine? Do they just say 'oh this club is sht Ill just give up?'.
So true. Chelsea's players took Avram fecking Grant and Di Matteo to the CL finals! The latter even winning it :houllier:

EtH

Why do we need Rashford to do that? Why can't sign other players to do that, what can't other players step up and be the Cantona, Rooney, RVP?

It’s not true anymore is it. It wasn’t even true in our last run under SAF which was over a decade ago. Our weak links were Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher and Ryan Giggs. Is Rashford anywhere near those players’ level in 07-09 ? Will he ever be ? City and Liverpool have squad players better than Rashford in attack.

McGrathsipan

This is a Rashford thread!

roonster09

Scout
It’s not true anymore is it. It wasn’t even true in our last run under SAF which was over a decade ago. Our weak links were Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher and Ryan Giggs. Is Rashford anywhere near those players’ level in 07-09 ? Will he ever be ? City and Liverpool have squad players better than Rashford in attack.
Yeah if you believe Origi and Minamino are better than Rashford.

Squad is not just first 11. It's 25+ players.

stw2022

So he’s both not a superstar and fantastic?

The permissible terms of reference seem narrow.

roonster09

Scout
This is a Rashford thread!
Weird reply, if you want irrelevant reply like that, this is Rashford 2022-23 performance thread, so this thread is to discuss his performance and he has played 0 games.

So are you going to copy-paste the same post in all 25+ player threads, saying how they are not Cantona, RVP, Rooney?

Lewnited

Last chance Rashy. I'm still sour about how much his gutless performances stood out last season, but I'm praying for him to do a 180 and get back to the trajectory he was on in 2019.

However you feel about them, it's increasingly starting to feel like any success this season could have a heavy dependency on Rashford and Martial hitting the levels they've shown before. Crazy that I'm having to say that in 2022!

Red_toad

How else does one formulate an opinion aside from watching a player ? I am not biased. I am a Manchester United fan. So naturally I am not a fan of any player who stinks it up for large periods while inexplicably keeping his place in the team. Because how does that benefit Manchester United ?
I’ve given evidence to prove you wrong. You’ve come back with zero, so enjoy your bias opinion.

McGrathsipan

Weird reply, if you want irrelevant reply like that, this is Rashford 2022-23 performance thread, so this thread is to discuss his performance and he has played 0 games.

So are you going to copy-paste the same post in all 25+ player threads, saying how they are not Cantona, RVP, Rooney?
I'm done with you. This is a Rashford thread and I'm asking you if he has the quality.

You keep posting drivel and avoiding the question.

EtH

Yeah if you believe Origi and Minamino are better than Rashford.

Squad is not just first 11. It's 25+ players.
Liverpool regularly rotate Jota, Firmino and Diaz while City consistently have Sterling, Mahrez and Grealish on the bench. Origi and Minamino don’t even enter the equation.

Never mind the fact that you completely avoided my original point about 07-09 United in the first place.

Really poor reply.

roonster09

Scout
I'm done with you. This is a Rashford thread and I'm asking you if he has the quality.

You keep posting drivel and avoiding the question.
So added something after my reply, it's ironic that you said other posts are drivel when your post was such a laughably poor shit post.

"He is not like Cantona, RVP, Rooney" so let me criticize him for not being that good. fecking hell, if every player is at their level then Cantona, RVP, Rooney wouldn't be special players.

It's 2022, stop worshiping single player to lead the team to title. It's time to upgrade and brush up on recent footballing events.

romufc

Big problem with Rashford aside from the attitude, brand etc is that I think he suits a counter attacking style of football and not one ETH is looking to implement and he really won't have much luck at all, I think Martial suits it far more from a stylistic point of view
Although I agree, didn't he come through in a possession based LVG team though and scored goals?

Frank White

Can see where this threads going :lol: he's not even kicked a ball yet lads! Can we at least wait until then before we start copying and paste takes that have been said 1000x over by the same posters?

Longshanks

He was awful last season, although he wasn't alone in that. Came back into the team after fairly major surgery just as the wheels compleatly fell off with Ole. Than was in and out of the team under the clueless Rangnick as the squad tore its self apart, all our attacking players looked compleatly lost in the second half of the season, we literally relied on Ronaldos individual brilliance to bail us out there didn't seem to be a coherent plan.

Doesn't compleatly excuse his performances, and he deserves some stick for his questionable attitude. But he hes no excuses for the start of this season, he has had a full summer and as long as he stays injury free a full pre-season he won't get a better chance to hit the ground running than that.

McGrathsipan

So added something after my reply, it's ironic that you said other posts are drivel when your post was such a laughably poor shit post.

"He is not like Cantona, RVP, Rooney" so let me criticize him for not being that good. fecking hell, if every player is at their level then Cantona, RVP, Rooney wouldn't be special players.

It's 2022, stop worshiping single player to lead the team to title. It's time to upgrade and brush up on recent footballing events.
You're having a nightmare here so ill simplify this for you.

For the last time try to answer the question.

Does Rashford have the quality to be the main man in a good team at United similar to the players I have mentioned?

Smores

Strange re-writing of history in regards to Rashford, his problems most definitely started pre-injury.

The issue is he became one dimensional and just made poor decisions and constantly ran into players. He purposefully dropped his effort off the ball so he had energy to sprint.

If he's going to work in ETH's system he'll need to completely change his style. He'll need to press, he'll need to look for the quick pass and he'll need to improve his passing/decision making.

roonster09

Scout
Liverpool regularly rotate Jota, Firmino and Diaz while City consistently have Sterling, Mahrez and Grealish on the bench. Origi and Minamino don’t even enter the equation.

Never mind the fact that you completely avoided my original point about 07-09 United in the first place.

Really poor reply.
You you know what squad means or you want help on that?

So Origi who played 42, 17, 18 games (Starts +Sub) doesn't enter the equation.

Another fact, ManUtd is not as good as it was in 2007-09, so whether he would have made that squad is not relevant. Only thing that matters is, his place in 2022-23 squad.

Also player is only as good as their last season, at this point Rashford is shit. Couple of seasons ago, he was very good. Things change very quickly in football, especially when good manager is hired.

roonster09

Scout
You're having a nightmare here so ill simplify this for you.

For the last time try to answer the question.

Couldn't have been more obvious. You need everything to be spelled out, here is it. Rashford is not as good as Rooney, RVP, Cantona:. Is that fine?

Btw I might have changed the order of players, if it's too confusing do let me know. I will put it in right order.

JuriM

He is gonna have his best season yet and will be soon again in the Mbappe vs Rashford discussion, I believe in our lad!

roonster09

Scout
Can see where this threads going :lol: he's not even kicked a ball yet lads! Can we at least wait until then before we start copying and paste takes that have been said 1000x over by the same posters?
Amazing isn't it, not surprising at least with couple of posters.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Poster A - talks about why he may be shit (injuries, bad manager, low confidence, no concentration on football)

Poster B - Stop making excuses..

Literally the same shit over and over again.

Frank White

So he’s both not a superstar and fantastic?

The permissible terms of reference seem narrow.
Surely there's a in between? Rashford has shown he's at best a good player who, again at best helped carry us in multiple seasons.

Sure he's not Eric, Rooney, RVP or Cole but who is?

EtH

You you know what squad means or you want help on that?

So Origi who played 42, 17, 18 games (Starts +Sub) doesn't enter the equation.

Another fact, ManUtd is not as good as it was in 2007-09, so whether he would have made that squad is not relevant. Only thing that matters is, his place in 2022-23 squad.

Also player is only as good as their last season, at this point Rashford is shit. Couple of seasons ago, he was very good. Things change very quickly in football, especially when good manager is hired.
Firmino and Diaz are definitely squad players at Liverpool next season as Jota has probably played himself into the first XI. Sterling was so expendable last season at City he is being sold. Grealish and Mahrez are part of the squad. Yet you bring up Origi. Really weird and frankly nonsense reply.

And my point about 07-09 United was relevant as you said you can’t have a team full of superstars whereas Rashford isn’t even on the level of our weakest first teamers at the time. In fact I would take Chicharito, Nani and Park over him all day long. All of which who actually were squad players at the time.

And while yes we just brought in a quality coach and manager, Rashford has only ever had consistent success on the counter after his breakthrough. So expecting him to suddenly turn into a footballer now is about as logical as those who expected Lukaku to smash it at Chelsea last season. Never happening.

But with all that said I hope he proves me wrong. Though he won’t.

McGrathsipan

Couldn't have been more obvious. You need everything to be spelled out, here is it. Rashford is not as good as Rooney, RVP, Cantona:. Is that fine?

Btw I might have changed the order of players, if it's too confusing do let me know. I will put it in right order.
You still didn't answer the question though. I know he's not as good as previous players mentioned, that much is obvious.

I'll help you.

The answer is no. He's not good enough to lead the line.
I hope he gets there but up to now, absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.