6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

We'll see how he does vs Southampton. I honestly think it's a Ronaldo vs Martial thing. I think Ronaldo is the worst possible player to pair Rashford with. Rashford is a wide forward, when Ronaldo plays he has to play as a winger where he sacrifices a lot of his running in behind for things he isn't as good at, while Ronaldo just goes in the same spaces as he doesn't take up normal striker position.

So I can see him having a poor game if Ronaldo starts unfortunately. All the more reason to get rid of Ronaldo, but anyway.
I want Ronaldo out as much as anyone but Rashford being generally shit is not Ronaldo’s fault.

Threesus

I thought we could finally relegate this guy to the subs bench with the signing of Antony, but looks like the chances of that happening are slim this season.
Expect a dire performance tbh.

Red00012

We'll see how he does vs Southampton. I honestly think it's a Ronaldo vs Martial thing. I think Ronaldo is the worst possible player to pair Rashford with. Rashford is a wide forward, when Ronaldo plays he has to play as a winger where he sacrifices a lot of his running in behind for things he isn't as good at, while Ronaldo just goes in the same spaces as he doesn't take up normal striker position.

So I can see him having a poor game if Ronaldo starts unfortunately. All the more reason to get rid of Ronaldo, but anyway.
Let’s not blame Ronaldo for Rashford been shit. He does that on his own really well.

Smores

Like against Brighton where Ronaldo shifted right making room for Rashford and put in a perfect delivery only for Rashford to cock it up?

There were plenty of times Ronaldo laid it on a plate for Rashford last season he just cocked them all up.

Hopefully it's confidence but it's certainly no one else fault.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Ronaldo has a negative effect on all our attacking play (and attacking players) but don’t forget that Rashford and Martial’s poor performances were an issue before Ronaldo signed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ronaldo has a negative effect on all our attacking play (and attacking players) but don’t forget that Rashford and Martial’s poor performances were an issue before Ronaldo signed.
Oh for sure they are also responsible for their own performances, just generally I feel like Rashford and Ronaldo don't suit each other at all

Scottynaldinho

Southampton turn to prime Barca when they play us. I expect him to score as we'll be on the backfoot most of the game.

JeffFromHK

As a centre forward he never wins any headers (which cristiano ronaldo managed to do so in his 25 minutes) and has no poacher for goals.

As a LW he has no dribbling and makes no runs behind defenders and has no slack passes.

He is never a starter material for a team aspiring to be top

hobbers

Abysmal as a centre forward and lazy as feck on the wing.

So status quo resumed.

fallengt

Goes from his best performance to worst performance in less than a week.
Typical Rashy

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
A genuine 0/10 performance. Sell him to PSG and get in Gakpo and Memphis and we’d look a lot better.

DutchCruijff

Very poor first half.

Actually utterly anonymous in the second half.

Worrying that there's a part of our fanbase childish enough to jump up and down after the poor performance vs Liverpool.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Very poor first half.

Actually utterly anonymous in the second half.

Worrying that there's a part of our fanbase childish enough to jump up and down after the poor performance vs Liverpool.
Fact is he is only good on the counter as a pacey outlet. Just not a starter for a club at our level.

Doracle

Thought he did ok with not much service. Simple but sensible pass in the build up to the goal and a really nice bit of play at the end to set Ronaldo free for a 3 on 1. He is a left winger not a CF though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a striker at all. He's a left wide forward. Doesn't know how to get involved through the middle really.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If somebody asked me what kind of player he is, I don't know the reply. He's not a striker, doesn't make movement, can't hold the ball. He's not a winger as his dribbling is random, and rather poor spatial awareness. What is he I don't know.

And on the top of that, he doesn't seem bothered at all. Not my cup of tea this guy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The weird thing is it was reported after that Liverpool game that he really pushed ten Hag in preseason to play him upfront. I have zero idea why — he just doesn’t read the game well at all from that position. Poor in combative duels, doesn’t offer himself as an outlet for his midfielders, and his close control is poor. He can’t just play as a counter attacker running in behind constantly, we only play those types of games about 4 times a season.

avgp_1

Terrible throughout, doesnt even press and to ignore his other deficiencies as a CF

Lecland07

Made the run to draw the defenders away from Fernandes for the goal, which was an important part - it will be missed by most, though.

It wasn't a central game today - the play through the middle from the side was not very good. Passing was too slow. This is a major area that we have to improve in as a team.

He did put in effort - it is nonsense that he didn't, but the ball rarely went to the centre of the pitch and the camera wasn't focused on him.

Dorris

So lazy, lost count of the amount of times their keeper waltzed it up the pitch with him not pressing. Just stood on the CB as if to say ‘I’ve got my man’. Baffling how Sancho came off before him.

justboy68

Just awful as a striker. Doesn't actually make any attempt to win the aerial duels or hold up the ball. Ronaldo was at least flicking headers on although he looked well past it in other areas. Desperately need a new striker or Martial to come back and bloody stay fit for once.

Telsim

I honestly forgot he was on the pitch. Granted, we barely got the ball into the final third after 60', but still. He contributes absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.