6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isle

Why are United so invested in Rashford? He’s been shocking for two years now, but as soon as they’d got shot of Rangnick,it was back to briefing about how on it and “happy” he was this summer. He’s still pissing around doing podcasts, interviews, hanging round Primary schools, Twitter, and whatever. The one thing he NEVER does is perform for his employers. I still fully expect he’ll get a new contract this season, though. They’ll give him one as soon as he scores a couple of goals.
Academy Tax and there are no suitable replacement upfront for now. This is due to board and partly fault of ETH as well, as not identifying his weakness in pre-season and trainings.

TOKUGAWA-X

United have Rashford, City have Foden.

One is 1/4 activist, 1/4 MBE, 1/4 good lad, 1/4 Footballer.
The other is a pure Footballer aiming to be a world-class and a Legend.

I cant believe ETH didnt see the fraud our Marcus is.

RedDevilQuebecois

What’s your point?
That some feckers at the club care more about image than actual substance, which is fecking football. I don't give a flying feck about how many kids get fed through xyz program; that's a job for an elected politician and not for a footballer. Rashford's problem is that his extracurriculars have become pervasively detrimental to his playing career and his poor performances for the last 2 years or so are a huge middle finger to his employer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He has the weight of the world on his shoulders. You can't be a trendy dabbing supermodel while at the same time being a professional footballer scoring goals for fun while at the same time writing best selling books while at the same time being one of the characters inside the books while at the same time trying to solve wide issues like school kids meals or putting Boris Johnson in his place.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Martial. When Martial plays well so does Rashford.
Front trio were all excellent v Liverpool pre season. Rashford was fine v Brighton, getting hammered for missing an 'easy chance' I must have missed, as he had no easy chance all game. Once we sort the midfield I'd say our team will look far better, as midfield are making defence and front line look worse than they are.

stw2022

It went to his head, he thought he was a fecking superstar, his work rate fell off a cliff as a result of thinking all he needed to do was maintain his form (as opposed to bust three bollocks to get better like hungry, young players should)and he isn't able to compensate for the lost time.

The conspiracy theories that desperately try to claim it has ever been any more or any more complicated or nuanced than this need to be quiet now. Show me a 24 year old who has missed two and a half years of football and I'll show you someone indistinguishable in terms of his development from Rashford

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Front trio were all excellent v Liverpool pre season. Rashford was fine v Brighton, getting hammered for missing an 'easy chance' I must have missed, as he had no easy chance all game. Once we sort the midfield I'd say our team will look far better, as midfield are making defence and front line look worse than they are.
The one from six yards out that he hit at the keeper spring to mind. He also had a back post left footed volley that went over but wasn’t an easy chance.

That said I thought he played decent, much better than his showing last season when things just weren’t right.

Red_toad

The one from six yards out that he hit at the keeper spring to mind. He also had a back post left footed volley that went over but wasn’t an easy chance.

That said I thought he played decent, much better than his showing last season when things just weren’t right.
He keeper saved it, very good save in my opinion as well.

JeffFromHK

His far far far biggest problem is his lack of energy and drive.
Welbeck may not be as talented as Rashford is (not that Rashford is a world class talent though) ,but he worked hard to fight and chase for every loose ball. Rashford just never run behind the defenders or battle with defenders for the ball. He indulges and protects himself too much on the field. He lacks that craziness and passion (Shaw is another big culprit of that).

I am not a fan of him and honestly think that he has past it and he will go down like Dele Alli does.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was happy with his effort yesterday. Was pressing well.
His output was a different story.

RedStarUnited

Watch both of the goals, Rashford is nowhere in the picture on the defensive phase. Thats an issue, if you want Shaw to run up and support you, you have to run back and help him at times too.

OmarUnited4ever

That 1v1 was a bit miss but also not sure what else he could do. It was a fine connection and only kept out by a great arm.
tbf, when I saw the replay, it was really a great save by Sanchez, first thing he did right was coming out very quickly to block Rashford and deny him any space, then he also made himself as big as possible, Rashford connected with the ball well enough for the shot to be on target but it was a really great save by Sanchez

Drizzle

I was happy with his effort yesterday. Was pressing well.
His output was a different story.
I was at the game and that's not what I saw at all. Maybe on TV his occasional press looked good, but I saw several times when he made a run, wasn't found and then strolled back with his head down while the game continued.

He did of course occasionally do the chasing the keeper down by himself thing as a way of showing pashun. Bruno loves a bit of that too. Worse than pointless as it means we're a man down as the ball gets passed around him, but hey at least he's pressing, right?

Bebestation

I was at the game and that's not what I saw at all. Maybe on TV his occasional press looked good, but I saw several times when he made a run, wasn't found and then strolled back with his head down while the game continued.

He did of course occasionally do the chasing the keeper down by himself thing as a way of showing pashun. Bruno loves a bit of that too. Worse than pointless as it means we're a man down as the ball gets passed around him, but hey at least he's pressing, right?
So should Bruno and Rashford not press the goalkeeper in your opinion?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So should Bruno and Rashford not press the goalkeeper in your opinion?
In general, no. Only when all of the passing options available to the keeper are tightly marked. That’s what a coordinated press looks like. Which is something our attacking players are evidently not yet capable of doing, based on the game yesterday. Dunno if it was a lack of understanding or lack of effort but the fact not one of them won a single tackle over 90 minutes points to the latter.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Watch both of the goals, Rashford is nowhere in the picture on the defensive phase. Thats an issue, if you want Shaw to run up and support you, you have to run back and help him at times too.
That’s my big issue with him too. You just never see him dropping deep to help win the ball back. Yet players in his position at every other club consistently do exactly that.

Bebestation

In general, no. Only when all of the passing options available to the keeper are tightly marked. That’s what a coordinated press looks like. Which is something our attacking players are evidently not yet capable of doing, based on the game yesterday. Dunno if it was a lack of understanding or lack of effort but the fact not one of them won a single tackle over 90 minutes points to the latter.
So is Ronaldo the one doing the right thing from our front line?

Pickle85

This is so frustrating...as you say, Bruno loves a bit of it too. Total waste of energy and takes them out of service when they're inevitably passed around. Just screams headless chicken.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
So is Ronaldo the one doing the right thing from our front line?
I already said, none of them are. It’s the same completely uncoordinated crap from last season. One or two of them might take it upon themselves to very occasionally make a sprint to close down a keeper/defender but a proper press involves all of them working that hard, all of the time. It’s brutal, tiring work and they’re evidently not up for it.

Bebestation

I already said, none of them are. It’s the same completely uncoordinated crap from last season. One or two of them might take it upon themselves to very occasionally make a sprint to close down a keeper/defender but a proper press involves all of them working that hard, all of the time. It’s brutal, tiring work and they’re evidently not up for it.
Okay. We looked better at a press with Martial was trying harder than usual in preseason. It seemed more coordinated. Let’s see if that comes back or has just disappeared.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Okay. We looked better at a press with Martial was trying harder than usual in preseason. It seemed more coordinated. Let’s see if that comes back or has just disappeared.
I think our press only really looked good for short spells against crap teams. It was never sustained and never worked very well against the better teams we played. Obviously still a hell of a lot of work needed on the training ground. But the big worry is that the same attacking player that Rangnick couldn’t teach how to press might just be completely incapable/unwilling to do what’s needed.

-Supreme-

Very good point and I’m glad someone noticed it, and moments later he couldnt be bothered running back to help out his defence.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The worst part about his performance yesterday was that it’s probably his best performance in a competitive game for around 18 months now.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The worst part about his performance yesterday was that it’s probably his best performance in a competitive game for around 18 months now.
What?

Trequartistry

I've made my feelings known on Rashford. Glad many are seeing the same things and finally realise the pre season stuff was massively overblown. Garnacho played better then Rashford did in any game.

It feels like he, along with the likes of Maguire, Shaw and potentially Mctominay have some sort of protection from within the club though, so I don't expect them to disappear any time soon (ie whilst t they may still fetch a decent transfer fee). For what we could get for Rashford, I'm pretty sure we could find a better player. One for next summer now I think but it wouldn't surprise me to see him survive another few more years in our first 11.
How on earth have you put Shaw and Maguire in the same category as Rashford and Mctominay. The latter two genuinely don’t know how to play football, Shaw wasn’t great yesterday but still a very good footballer and I’m not entering a discussion about Maguire since everyone’s seem to already made their mind up on him

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How on earth have you put Shaw and Maguire in the same category as Rashford and Mctominay. The latter two genuinely don’t know how to play football, Shaw wasn’t great yesterday but still a very good footballer and I’m not entering a discussion about Maguire since everyone’s seem to already made their mind up on him
Shaw because of the number of years he's been here, his age, the amount of criticism and yet he still doesn't look like he is in any way good enough. Certainly not on a consistent basis. He has some woeful tendencies as a defender that have never gone away.

Maguire because it feels like he's been a disaster in more ways than one, yet he still seems to find himself in a privileged position at the club. Still captain, still starting games etc.

My point was about players that it feels like are protected at the club.

RedDevilQuebecois

If that was his best, that should be the signal to boot him out just like when that Chicharito penalty miss when the score was meaningless was the signal for Van Gaal to give him the boot (although I hated the move at the time).

Red00012

You know you’re fecked when you’re defending a Rashford one v one miss . It’s going on for years. Great save my arse Fred the red would have slotted it

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I like to compare perception versus reality when it comes to some of our players. I have never seen a player in our team where the difference between perception and reality is so big. From day 1 Rashford has been nothing more than a player with a bit of pace and if you take that option of running behind out of his game, nothing is left. Teams adapted to the way he likes to play, taking away from him any space behind and that's it. He couldn't change his game because that's the only way he knows how to play. If you go back and look at some comments on Rashford you'd think we've unearthed the greatest academy talent since the existence of our club. I just never saw it. He never impressed me, not at youth level and not at senior level.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I like to compare perception versus reality when it comes to some of our players. I have never seen a player in our team where the difference between perception and reality is so big. From day 1 Rashford has been nothing more than a player with a bit of pace and if you take that option of running behind out of his game, nothing is left. Teams adapted to the way he likes to play, taking away from him any space behind and that's it. He couldn't change his game because that's the only way he knows how to play. If you go back and look at some comments on Rashford you'd think we've unearthed the greatest academy talent since the existence of our club. I just never saw it. He never impressed me, not at youth level and not at senior level.
He did like to showboat from time to time but those days are long gone

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The Rashford that broke through had a certain grit, a certain hunger in how he played. He was lively, always running, always forcing defences into making guesses and thereby mistakes.

The current Rashford is nothing like that. I can't quite explain why though, just feels like a massive drop in desire I guess.

Greck

He did like to showboat from time to time but those days are long gone

That video basically has the answer in a nutshell. It's packed with defenders lunging in and committing. Rashford makes quick work of that. Now teams stand off no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.