6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Deserved winner. Casemiro was very close for his performances mid season and Martinez was fantastic too but I felt Rashford deserved it overall.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Congrats to Rashford. A serious surprised and stepping up this season. Hopefully more to come and he'll lead us to more trophies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Congrats to him, delighted for him. Easily my favourite United player post Sir Alex and great to see him getting back to where we know he was capable of getting to. Still more to come too I'm sure, hopefully he's not so much a 1 man attack next year.

LARulz

When does his contract end?

In my head it's next year but not sure if that's true or not now as things seem to be quiet on the contract front

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
When does his contract end?

In my head it's next year but not sure if that's true or not now as things seem to be quiet on the contract front
Man United triggered a one-year option in Rashford's contract in December that will keep him until 2024, lets hope we give him new contract soon and he sign because i am afraid that Madrid can go in for him if Benzema leave them this transfer window and as we know it will be very hard to refuse offer from Real Madrid.

Lets hope i am wrong but i have a bad feeling about the situation we are in right now, he is still 25 years old and his prime years will come sooner rather than later, we should wrap him in cotton wool and be careful not to let him have the best years of his career on another team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"It's obviously a proud moment.

”I feel I should have scored a few more, but, you know, there's always room for improvement.

"That's what I've been looking to do for next season.

"I'm pleased with how it went, but I'm looking forward to improve and hopefully getting better numbers in that next season.

"I feel a huge sense of pride.

”I just hope that more academy players can go on and win this award and feel what I'm feeling right now on the stage.

"The main reason why I came back into the season in the condition I was because that was probably my first summer where I was off.

"I was just hungry to get started with the new manager [and] new staff. In my mind I just had a positive feeling and based of this season, I wasn't wrong, but I hope we can keep pushing and keep moving forward.

"I'm very happy. Very pleased. I just want to say a big thanks to [my] team- mates [and] staff because without them pushing you every day in training you don't get to see the best version of me.

"I appreciate all of you guys and thank you very much."

Swiss_Red89

A 6.2-rated player this season apparently. I suppose that's generous considering 80% of you wanted to kick him out a few months ago.
It's laughable how this thread is filled with pages of negative performances for days as soon as he has bad performances but the thread is relatively quite after he wins awards.

You can bet the brigade will be back in here if he has a stinker in the FA Cupfinal.

But anyway, brilliant season from Rashy. What a comeback! Loved every goal of it.

Frank White

It's laughable how this thread is filled with pages of negative performances for days as soon as he has bad performances but the thread is relatively quite after he wins awards.

You can bet the brigade will be back in here if he has a stinker in the FA Cupfinal.

But anyway, brilliant season from Rashy. What a comeback! Loved every goal of it.
Sad thing is I don't think this is exclusive to Rashford. Seems to be a trend on this forum that you'll get the odd praise post after a good game for most players but as soon as they drop a stinker it's page after page of negativity. Will say Rashford does seem to have a dedicated bunch of anti Rashford posters though.

Man City 2:1 Man Utd

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rest up my guy. Hope next season is the season where we aren't utterly reliant on him to do all things attacking for us. Garnacho being as good as he is gives me optimism, but we really need a CF too.

Great season from him, plenty to improve on as well.

Raw

He didn't look fit to me today.

He's had a monster of a season, hope he can build on it and I hope we also won't be as ultra reliant on him for goals.

InfiniteBoredom

Tragic as a CF. Not his fault our other 2 options are a crock and a donkey, but he should never play there again unless in an emergency.

Anyway, hope for a good pre season and he kicks on even more next year.

BerryBerryShrew

Made numerous excellent runs that were simply (and in some cases inexplicably) not picked out so very little to blame him for there.

However, his unwillingness to even attempt to compete for aerial balls outside the box drives me mad.

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
Not challenging for that header is why I’ll never warm to him, not up for the fight,

OverratedOpinion

Exhausted and also not a lone striker, definitely not against the best team in Europe with very little service.

More and more I do thing his best position is up front with a partner mind. Just a little off a centre forward who can hold the ball up and slip it to him in dangerous positions.

Irwin99

Made numerous excellent runs that were simply (and in some cases inexplicably) not picked out so very little to blame him for there.

However, his unwillingness to even attempt to compete for aerial balls outside the box drives me mad.
Crowd really got on his back for that one.

I though he was decent first half and just looked knackered by the end of it.

Chief123

Despite being one of our better players and top goal scorer, I’ve said it before … his build up play and link up with team mates in general is always poor. It’s not good enough for someone who wants to play from the wing and needs to be involved heavily in build up and progression.

Red_Aaron

Thought his touch and passing looked tight enough. The problem is playing through the middle against this city side means he practically never gets the ball. Ever

Complete lack of options means he had to play there but he's nowhere as dangerous as from the left and he's a player that thrives on being involved

Still, great season for him overall

ArbeitervonWien

Tragic as a CF. Not his fault our other 2 options are a crock and a donkey, but he should never play there again unless in an emergency.

Anyway, hope for a good pre season and he kicks on even more next year.
Unfortunately it's been an emergency all season long. As you said, we didn't have a single serious striker on our hands. We had a has-been who destructed himself until he burst away after a couple of months, an invalide and a Weghorst.

It's actually a little miracle we finished 3rd in the best league in the world and won a (MickeyMouse-)Cup.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Pretty sure he was injured.
he was, he was limping for the last 10 minutes and since we’d made all our subs, an equalizer would’ve just meant 30 minutes with 10 men so… wasn’t meant to be

that said, he wasn’t good. You need your big players to step up in finals against teams like City… our defence did their job, our attackers didn’t. He holds onto the ball for far too long still, and often stunts moves with it. He also came out wide a lot which meant there wasn’t anyone in the box to cross to…plus trying to run past 4 players in a crowded box is the dumbest thing to do whilst chasing an equaliser in the last 10 minutes… and he does that a lot.

Still, good season in all.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Looked unfit.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He did everything you’d expect from a top striker but guess Bruno, Eriksen and Sancho dont have a clue how to feed one.
These are the games we draw conclusions on his striker ability and say he is not good enough because we don’t want to question the inability of those responsible for creating chances.

Doracle

Despite being one of our better players and top goal scorer, I’ve said it before … his build up play and link up with team mates in general is always poor. It’s not good enough for someone who wants to play from the wing and needs to be involved heavily in build up and progression.
I feel I watch a different match to most people on here. He was excellent today. Stretched City no end, very good hold up play and excellent off the ball movement (mainly not picked up by his teammates).

I want him back playing left wing, with a world class number 9, but he’s been terrific in both positions this season. Our best player and one of the top players in the world. Phenomenal season.

Status
Not open for further replies.