Marcus Rashford deals with the naysayers and slaggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryansgirl

Just now, I read Marcus Rashford's recent twitter post addressing the nonsense of those who are undermining Manchester United
through their stirring of the media and online pots.

Yet again this local lad who bleeds United and actually will stand up and take action on causes he believes in unlike so many wealthy sportspeople and celebrities
who do it for publicity and/or to minimise their taxable incomes, has shown that the almost hysterical criticism at times flung his way is not going to bring him down.
I won't reproduce it here but I just want Marcus to know that some of us do appreciate him and what he and other decent, committed players are going through.

Some of the comments on the redcafe alone have the feeling of the tabloid media, playing up events and putting controversial spins that are over the top on United's
situation. It's the right of everybody to express how they feel within the bounds of reasonable free speech, I don't deny that. However, I hope there are others on here
who support those players who are going through a tough time but are genuinely committed.

Marcus Rashford is one of them and his class will prevail but he shouldn't be subject to the kinds of attacks he has by the media, online 'experts' of all backgrounds and some United supporters.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the Rashford criticism on here has become over the top. While he deserves to come in for some criticism due to his recent form, some posters have turned him into a whipping boy who seemingly has never done anything good for the club.

While players like Pogba may rightly envoke such a reaction, Rashford has not done anything to bring the club into disrepute. In fact he's one of the best things about the club.

minoo-utd

Rashford is a wasted talent, zero winning mentality and concentration. No more to read into players whining, we care only to see commitment on the pitch. Can you even remember a full 90 mins of him doing his total best for us, with out getting absolutely lost? boy has incredible talent with his feet but what is the use of it if brain is weak?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Once he deals with them through his football, everyone will be happy. Tweets are usually just PR.

AndySmith1990

Not arsed what him or anyone else at the club says; talk is cheap and we've heard plenty of empty promises and nonsense ever since Ferguson retired.

I judge everything based on what I see on the pitch, and what I see is Rashford not performing anywhere near the standard required.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Well, if you've nothing to add to it why bother putting such a silly little comment in? And Marcus' twitter post is recent, it's relevant unlike yourself.
Ok let me react to your OP.

Firstly there is a thread for Rashford. No need for another one.

Secondly - he has been dreadful on the pitch for a long time now. A very long time? Is that irrelevant to you ? Does his poor performances not matter?
Is the fact he is a local lad a reason to overlook his poor performances?
Do you think he reads this forum? I dont care for his Twitter PR. Do his job on the pitch and then whatever he does off of it is a non issue no?

What is he and other committed players going through- per your statement in the OP?

At the end of the day his pitch performance is his job and he isn't doing it very well. People are allowed to be pissed off with that

Strats

I think a lot of the criticism regarding Rashfords performances and attitude on the pitch have been justified.

He strolls around like he’s won 3 consecutive Ballon d’ors and doesn’t seem as committed you’d expect for someone who plays for Manchester United.

For what he’s done off the pitch he deserves credit. However I get the feeling it has bloated his ego affects his performances.

ForeverRed1

Just now, I read Marcus Rashford's recent twitter post addressing the nonsense of those who are undermining Manchester United
through their stirring of the media and online pots.

Yet again this local lad who bleeds United and actually will stand up and take action on causes he believes in unlike so many wealthy sportspeople and celebrities
who do it for publicity and/or to minimise their taxable incomes, has shown that the almost hysterical criticism at times flung his way is not going to bring him down.
I won't reproduce it here but I just want Marcus to know that some of us do appreciate him and what he and other decent, committed players are going through.

Some of the comments on the redcafe alone have the feeling of the tabloid media, playing up events and putting controversial spins that are over the top on United's
situation. It's the right of everybody to express how they feel within the bounds of reasonable free speech, I don't deny that. However, I hope there are others on here
who support those players who are going through a tough time but are genuinely committed.

Marcus Rashford is one of them and his class will prevail but he shouldn't be subject to the kinds of attacks he has by the media, online 'experts' of all backgrounds and some United supporters.
No one denies what he has done off the pitch is amazing, really really good. He is a great role model and comes across like a top guy.

the issue is he is also a sportsman, a top athlete who plays for one of the biggest clubs on the planet, who is payed huge huge huge wages. Wages he gets through the fans who pay to go watch games. Many people who work minimum wage jobs and spend a large chunk of their earnings to go watch him wear the badge with passion and pride.

we can’t critique him for his off field antics and as a human being, but we really can for what he does on the pitch. As fans that’s one thing we have, the football.

When he burst on the scene as a young player who had the world at his feet, he looked as though he could have as high a ceiling as players like mbappe and haaland. Many united fans spoke of him that highly...

It hasn’t happened for him on that level, yet. He has been unlucky with injuries etc but his level has been way off for some time, he doesn’t seem to be improving on the things he has needed to improve on since the beginning. His decision making being the main thing.

he still scores 20 goals a season, even when not playing that well, which goes to show what numbers he could rack up if he got better in his weaker areas. Decision making, assists and in the air he could be better.

One thing for sure, there isn’t a single united fan out there who isn’t rooting for him. He want him to do well, as you said he is our own and bleeds united. We want him to succeed but we also have the right to talk about the football because above all else that is what he is, a footballer.

Greck

I think the Rashford criticism on here has become over the top. While he deserves to come in for some criticism due to his recent form, some posters have turned him into a whipping boy who seemingly has never done anything good for the club.

While players like Pogba may rightly envoke such a reaction, Rashford has not done anything to bring the club into disrepute. In fact he's one of the best things about the club.
Had me sympathising till the bolded. No, no one in a prolonged period of poor form during the club's own prolonged period of poor form can be one of the best things about the club. Not even Bruno. Only difference between he and others stinking it up is he came from our academy so more people like him. If anything it's the players getting gametime this season who need to receive it the most. He hasn't even gotten blame anywhere close to players like ronaldo. Fred anyone?

johanovic

Rashford is a remarkable young man and I applaud his efforts for helping out kids in the UK. But as a footballer he´s been having a bad run for some time now. Why I have no idea about but you could hardly state that he´s looking like a player enjoying his trade at this moment in time and hopefully he will find his way back to form. His workrate is not great and perhaps he will be taking a steps towards playing abroad in the not to distant future?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't give a shit what he does off the pitch. Its what he does on the pitch that matters. If Rashford wants to silence his critics then he should jog less and run more. He owes that to those who pay his bills. Else he can leave United and join some NGO or whatever.

AaronRedDevil

It would help, if he'd stop running into defenders and losing the ball every chance and not being greedy when there's a obvious better option. Great person no doubt. But as a player he needs to change his game if he wants to get better.

ryansgirl

Ok let me react to your OP.

Firstly there is a thread for Rashford. No need for another one.

Secondly - he has been dreadful on the pitch for a long time now. A very long time? Is that irrelevant to you ? Does his poor performances not matter?
Is the fact he is a local lad a reason to overlook his poor performances?
Do you think he reads this forum? I dont care for his Twitter PR. Do his job on the pitch and then whatever he does off of it is a non issue no?

What is he and other committed players going through- per your statement in the OP?

At the end of the day his pitch performance is his job and he isn't doing it very well. People are allowed to be pissed off with that
Nice one, you insist there's no need for another thread on Marcus but you were the first to reply and are keeping it up LOL!

soapythecat

Most United fans would love a happy and confident Rashford to succeed and play well. We’ve seen his ability and qualities on and off the pitch…he should be a jewel in United’s crown. But at the moment he isn’t.
This apology is, like all the others from under performing players, is just baseless, empty words. Whilst an apology or explanation is all fare and well, they have to be backed up by action and commitment on the pitch, not just in training where we don’t see it but in the pitch.
Work hard, work as a team, get the players confident and happy again. Results will follow.
Sick of players coming up with explanations/excuses/sound bites. There is one way and one way only they can appease us fans and that is on the pitch.

romufc

See the problem I find with Rashford and Maguire is that they think posting something on twitter makes everything better.

I mean I must have seen posts from him and Maguire about 10 times about "show on the pitch", "we need to do better" but it never happens.

It gets to a point like, no one believes you anymore. Stop tweeting, start playing.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He's an inspiration to a generation and we're lucky to have him at our club imo.

He's in poor form and not playing as well as we have all seen him play in the past, but the way people have written him off and the level of criticism is way OTT. I believe he'll return to form and i hope the club stands by him, even if online forums and social media dont/wont.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

No he's not. Far from it. He's by no means on his own but he is a symptom of all that's wrong with the club. Mega contract of £200k given years ago when all that he was showing at the time was potential. Last season could be put down to injury but for the last 18 months he's been on cruise mode. He's at best stagnated and we all know no matter what his form he's going to be given a pay rise in his next contract extension which obviously isn't his fault but is an example of what's rotten about the club.

Local boy come good is a great story but it doesn't mean shit if he isn't willing to push himself to the next level to release that potential he showed when he first burst onto the scene and I don't think by any metric he's showed he is willing in quite some time. Or maybe he just isn't as good as we all thought.

Hoof the ball

Special pleading is an informal fallacy wherein one cites something as an exception to a general or universal principle, without justifying the special exception. It is the application of a double standard.

Marcus is regressing. Marcus still only has a career 1-in-3 goals per game ratio. Marcus still runs into crowds. Marcus still routinely makes bad decisions in the final 1/3. Now that he's not scoring, he doesn't have the statistics to cover for his long-term weaknesses. We are not to critique Marcus because he's exempt by his altruistic endeavours outside the game?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I don't give a shit what he does off the pitch. Its what he does on the pitch that matters. If Rashford wants to silence his critics then he should jog less and run more. He owes that to those who pay his bills. Else he can leave United and join some NGO or whatever.
pretty much this and I don't give a shit what any Utd player has to say or do on social media

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Rashford is disillusioned with the game.
He'll retire before he hits 30.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Love you Rashford.

United fans have always been the most average aspect of the club to me - acting like they control the club with their knowledge and a majority of them who would rather turn United to Arsenal's 90's French national team than an English club that plays English players - just for their success craving saliva.

Not even the laziest player by stats but they won't say anything wrong about certain players whilst being more likely to pick at others.

ForeverRed1

See the problem I find with Rashford and Maguire is that they think posting something on twitter makes everything better.

I mean I must have seen posts from him and Maguire about 10 times about "show on the pitch", "we need to do better" but it never happens.

It gets to a point like, no one believes you anymore. Stop tweeting, start playing.
the posts actually make it worse because they post it, then come out the next game and do the same shite.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Would perhaps be better if he got his PR manager to step onto the pitch in replacement of him.

redshaw

Pretty much every United player has been playing poorly for a long time. The way to answer criticism is to start playing better consistently, if he or anyone else scores tonight it's not a moment to cup your ears.

I'm one who thought Rashford and Bruno were our best/important players in the last 2 years and don't follow the weird stuff posted on other social media that the players seem get caught up on. Playing for United is demanding, if you're not playing or managing the team well, not amount of words or talking about your past efforts really wash, you get the sack or get sold if it carries on normally.

Answer everyone on the pitch and that goes to every player. You don't come to United to just pick up trophies via some United machine, you have to become the machine, every players does, you can't all be bystanders waiting for United to deliver you a trophy otherwise it won't happen. Too many of these players are coasting along with no winning drive expecting things to happen.

The players performances and stats show how poor they are, no well thought out posts on social media change any of it. Start playing, put your egos aside and start playing for each other. The Madrid team didn't start getting envious of Ronaldo on how he plays or what he earns, what he demanded or said in the dressing room, they all worked hard behind him, they didn't sit back and say if you're so good you get the it done yourself then and start crying for lesser players getting eased out, no the exact fecking opposite and our shower of sulkers better start bucking up.

Last edited:

SER19

Nobody will slag him if he starts to look like a professional footballer any time soon

Pace Abuser

Sorry if I don't excited by the same rhetoric we've heard plenty of times before. Stop strolling around with zero effort and maybe your words might carry some credibility.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Rashford became the player on form whilst everyone else is playing shit except our GK then he would be the best player in the planet.

If the whole team was in form and he was shit then sure then your times up. But the whole team is looking like a conundrum whilst fans have picked him as being our worst player or laziest player - when he isn't even that. He is not the laziest player in our first 11 and stats prove it.

romufc

the posts actually make it worse because they post it, then come out the next game and do the same shite.
Exactly, It really annoys me. Sancho scored a goal the other day, his instagram was all about his goal, like mate you've scored 1 goal. Give it up please.

Bruno is out there posting the chances created stats on his Instagram.

This is United, the if you want to post those, it better come with a trophy not when you beat Burnley at home.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.

Alot of these fans see supporting the club as a trend than the commitment that it actually is.. It really annoys me to see ott reactions at every minute thing he does, some of the opinions are quite rude. I think such 'fans' should go out to the NFL in America where they can change the whole 11 whenever they want.. Because it still seems not good enough for them, they would rather have a roulette of 100 players and select whoever is on form out of the pool and change the whole 11 if they want :lol:

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Rashford became the player on form whilst everyone else is playing shit except our GK then he would be the best player in the planet.

If the whole team was in form and he was shit then sure then your times up. But the whole team is looking like a conundrum whilst fans have picked him as being our worst player or laziest player - when he isn't even that. He is not the laziest player in our first 11 and stats prove it.
So we are in some sort of a race to the bottom then.

klayton88

Been waiting two seasons for his 'class' to prevail on the football pitch.

L1nk

Social Media FC, say the same old regurgitated crap so that people feel bad for you, and fans then leap to your defense, whilst you stroll around on the pitch with a cba attitude doing the same old basic mistakes and losing mentality. I'm supposed to eat this up am I? Show some actual fecking desire on the pitch and I might start to believe the same old same old posts from all of these players, not just Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.