Marcus Rashford deals with the naysayers and slaggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Tree

Because what his twitter PR and what we've seen on the pitch are different. His attitude on the pitch stinks.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
tbf can get why people have their panties in a bunch about this because it's not like it's the 1st time he's done this but does seem Rashford's getting the shitty end of the stick on most things recently.
If he was talking purely about his performances then I'd get the bitching to some extent but he's not, he's also talking about his commitment to the club. One of our best players being committed to the club is a good thing regardless of whether we're happy with his performances or not. As a fan I want the club to decide whether to move a player on rather than the player decide, it's much better for us whatever way you look at it.

The problem is the club is totally unwilling to decide how the squad should be trimmed in recent years so we have ended up with a bunch of squad players who often seem a bit checked out mentally. But that's not the players' fault and them affirming their commitment to the club is a good thing.

red4ever 79

biggest worry is he seem to have lost interest in football and doesnt even chase back lost ball these days. Too much of off-field work is impacting his playing career I guess, was it David Bentley who lost interest or claimed he played football with no love or interest for the game?
It was indeed. Decent talent also.

Nordmore

I think the Rashford criticism on here has become over the top. While he deserves to come in for some criticism due to his recent form, some posters have turned him into a whipping boy who seemingly has never done anything good for the club.

While players like Pogba may rightly envoke such a reaction, Rashford has not done anything to bring the club into disrepute. In fact he's one of the best things about the club.
Agreed.

He's having bad form that's sure but many trashing him for being lazy while the stats tell us he's not lazy at all. I never understand why there's so much hate for the guy.

Frank White

Agreed.

He's having bad form that's sure but many trashing him for being lazy while the stats tell us he's not lazy at all. I never understand why there's so much hate for the guy.
This is another thing I'm not entirely getting too atm. The unanimous decision from Rashford's last full game was that he was lazy and defensively flippant, yet Sancho was receiving praise in his thread and then you compare the stats Rashford was better in most and then similar for the rest defensively and pressing wise.

Frank White

If he was talking purely about his performances then I'd get the bitching to some extent but he's not, he's also talking about his commitment to the club. One of our best players being committed to the club is a good thing regardless of whether we're happy with his performances or not. As a fan I want the club to decide whether to move a player on rather than the player decide, it's much better for us whatever way you look at it.

The problem is the club is totally unwilling to decide how the squad should be trimmed in recent years so we have ended up with a bunch of squad players who often seem a bit checked out mentally. But that's not the players' fault and them affirming their commitment to the club is a good thing.
I'm with you but on the flip side another way to show his commitment would be putting in a respectable performance too. That goes for everyone.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm with you but on the flip side another way to show his commitment would be putting in a respectable performance too. That goes for everyone.
Not really, David Beckham put in a superb performance against Real off the bench for us only a couple of months before he was sold. Wanting to leave doesn't automatically make you play badly.

El Jefe

His public image is carefully managed and controlled, a person who hasnt responded suddently tweets about performance concerns is a result of big data analysis report completed by his management firm. Rashford will be an estimeed client for his management, because of his MBE and all the charity (organised probably by the same management ) he has done. So anything which creates bad reputation will be shut down or a better political story will be dished out soon. Just wait for him opening or talking about a new charity soon in the media.
True and the problem for them and Rashford is everyone can see right through it especially United fans.

I understand doing this at the end of a bad season but Rashford gives us a grovelling PR apology about once a month now. Any benefit it had initially is now leading to diminishing returns.

Nordmore

This is another thing I'm not entirely getting too atm. The unanimous decision from Rashford's last full game was that he was lazy and defensively flippant, yet Sancho was receiving praise in his thread and then you compare the stats Rashford was better in most and then similar for the rest defensively and pressing wise.
Yeah the Norwich match too.

I was reading the Rashford performance thread and I thought I must have watched a different game. People called him trash, lazy, the worst etc. But according to the stats he was actually the best forward that match. Of course to my untrained eyes as well.

Tbf which one of our front 4 yesterday didn't?

I can't post media but try to watch a highlights of the last match and you'd see in the second half literally any threat we managed to make came from him, minus the pen of course.

I can't get the comments calling him lazy either. He ranked third in the pressing only behind Fred and Bruno. Made the most successful dribbles (4/4) where the second best was Fred (2/2). Made the most xA (0.6) where the second best was 0.1.

https://fbref.com/en/matches/11a67612/Norwich-City-Manchester-United-December-11-2021-Premier-League

redmanx

Actions speak louder than words. Start doing it on the pitch instead of writing paragraphs on social media.
Exactly, Ive had a gutfull of him and his social media whining; the football pitch is the place where real footballers perform, not twitter.

Chairman Steve

What he does off the field for food for children is never in question. You’d have to be a cold hearted bastard to criticise him for that as just a human being, let alone a football fan.

However, I’m more concerned about Rashford the footballer and his stats have really not been good, his recent on-field demeanour is irksome and his obvious PR team releasing essays on about his long affiliation with Utd, how results haven’t been going your ways and any personal issues grind fans down and starts to annoy fans.

If you’re going to release one of those posts then you better follow it up with a performance in the next game. People usually don’t like those who fail to deliver on promises and you’re setting yourself up for a bigger fall if you do one of those posts.

I hope Ralf or whoever the next manager is can coach him into being a better decision maker in games. That’s a clear flaw in his game that hasn’t being improved on in my opinion. If this is his apex of football development and he isn’t going to improve anymore than what we’re seeing, then I would consider selling. I fear that this will be a Theo Walcott or Dele Alli moment where we could get stuck in thinking we can develop them more when we just waste time on it a la Walcott or we keep hoping he’ll return to form a la Alli.

hobbers

This is true of the whole team though. They have all been doing it and all been poor. Only the goalkeeper can hold his head up high.

Rashford seems to be the target now for the Ole outers now they can't blame the manager.
True to very different degrees.

Rashford has been one of the worst, along with Maguire, and also, along with Maguire, is the one most likely to tweet about it while continuing to stink up the place every game.

So it's no small wonder those two have got more stick than everyone else, deservedly so.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
True to very different degrees.

Rashford has been one of the worst, along with Maguire, and also, along with Maguire, is the one most likely to tweet about it while continuing to stink up the place every game.

So it's no small wonder those two have got more stick than everyone else, deservedly so.
We have a lot of foreign based Utd fans on this forum and they love nothing more than sticking it to the English lads.

Rashford got something like 33 goal involvements last season and was largely panned by fans. We will be lucky to get a single player matching that this season with how it's going.

SirScholes

If Rashford became the player on form whilst everyone else is playing shit except our GK then he would be the best player in the planet.

If the whole team was in form and he was shit then sure then your times up. But the whole team is looking like a conundrum whilst fans have picked him as being our worst player or laziest player - when he isn't even that. He is not the laziest player in our first 11 and stats prove it.
I don’t think fans have done this at all
There are far bigger culprits and they are being called out just the same

but rashford hasn’t “performed” For years now, he hasn’t moved his game on and is so predictable.
No desire to get to the byline, only wants to come inside or hit worldie through balls

i will say in his defence, the only player who sees his runs and can make him effective is Pogba, and you have a whole new problem there.
With Fred and Mctom being at best average, rashford is starved of service, which is why I hope he works harder on other aspects of his game.

Red00012

Ya write about it online and then produce another shitshow on the field

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t think fans have done this at all
There are far bigger culprits and they are being called out just the same

but rashford hasn’t “performed” For years now, he hasn’t moved his game on and is so predictable.
No desire to get to the byline, only wants to come inside or hit worldie through balls

i will say in his defence, the only player who sees his runs and can make him effective is Pogba, and you have a whole new problem there.
With Fred and Mctom being at best average, rashford is starved of service, which is why I hope he works harder on other aspects of his game.
He should say this in his next PR release…

For what it’s worth he’s due a few goals. I’m sure the gloating the :lol: once he hits one or two will be major but it’s not even about goals. It’s about showing some pride and actually working hard, not talking about working hard.

Longshanks

In terms of this season he returned in the Leicester game and since then the entire team has been very poor. Fell off the waggon big time, changed manager and are yet to find any form at all, so he has returned from a fairly long term injury lay off after surgery, played in 15 games (9 starts and 6 subs) under 3 different managers in about 5 different systems in a couple of different posistions in a team that has been really struggling and is completely shot of confidence.

And yet people on here are surprised he hasn't found his best form yet? He's a quality player his numbers from the last couple of seasons back him up and he will come good again. Takes time to get back into the swing of things after long injury lay off in a settled side in good form let alone the situation he has been dealing with.

BerryBerryShrew

I have immense respect for what he has done off the pitch and he deserves a lot of credit and respect for that. Sadly on the pitch he seems un-interested and lazy, I don't know why.

If he truly bleeds for the club, he has to start showing it and give everything he has. As long as the player gives it his all on the pitch the majority of fans will love him even if he has bad days.
The fact that Fred gets dogs abuse after any of his substandard performances undermines this in fairness

Unfortunately I think you might be right!

Marcus's on the pitch performance has been well below his previous standard, his off the pitch involvement with 'other things' gives you the impression he is a young man who wishes he were somewhere else.
I hope he can get through this period in his life without making any wrong decisions, but its not looking hopeful.
He needs to look at Becks as a role model. He had much more going on off the pitch but he still put in the work on the training ground and on match day.

That being said, I think Rashers was a good player at his best but never as good as he was being made out to be (just a purple patch). I doubt he'll ever reach that level again.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
He hasn't dealt with anything. They are empty words.

Show us on the pitch. Great charity work is one thing, but Man Utd are the ones who pay him. They are the reason he even has a platform, and he's been phoning it in for a long time now.

RedChisel

I'm tired of all these statements from players, we've heard them so much over the past few years. The only statement they need to make is on the pitch and they ain't doing it. Get your head down, shut up and start playing some actual football instead of the garbage you've been producing.

Satsuma United

Classic Marcus, more social media drama from him.

When will he start playing Football ?

RedDevil@84

Just now, I read Marcus Rashford's recent twitter post addressing the nonsense of those who are undermining Manchester United
through their stirring of the media and online pots.

Yet again this local lad who bleeds United and actually will stand up and take action on causes he believes in unlike so many wealthy sportspeople and celebrities
who do it for publicity and/or to minimise their taxable incomes, has shown that the almost hysterical criticism at times flung his way is not going to bring him down.
I won't reproduce it here but I just want Marcus to know that some of us do appreciate him and what he and other decent, committed players are going through.

Some of the comments on the redcafe alone have the feeling of the tabloid media, playing up events and putting controversial spins that are over the top on United's
situation. It's the right of everybody to express how they feel within the bounds of reasonable free speech, I don't deny that. However, I hope there are others on here
who support those players who are going through a tough time but are genuinely committed.

Marcus Rashford is one of them and his class will prevail but he shouldn't be subject to the kinds of attacks he has by the media, online 'experts' of all backgrounds and some United supporters.
Show it on the pitch and everyone will shut up.

Denis79

Tonight is the perfect example why he gets shit. He doesn't care, he doesn't want to play.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If you cannot see why he's got no place at United after tonight, you are a Rashford fan, not a United fan.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
People think Ronaldo is a problem then what about this utter waster.

We should bin him off to Norwich or something but he Probably wouldn’t even get in their team.

lilcurt

If you cannot see why he's got no place at United after tonight, you are a Rashford fan, not a United fan.
He has been Villa's best player.

Absolute fraud of a player these days. Lives off being one of our own and his off the field exploits.

Winrar

For all I care, he can write a thesis on why he loves playing for United and what areas he need to improve on.

Doesn't mean shit if he doesn't perform on the pitch.

Ash_G

Tonight is the perfect example why he gets shit. He doesn't care, he doesn't want to play.
I think it's more that he doesn't seem to care unless he thinks he can score. He'll keep getting chances as he moves when he wants to but he doesn't produce enough to play the way he does. Really bizarre and certainty needs a real wake up call.

DeGea

Rashford is not focusing.
He needs to get off social media and just play football - he does not have the mental ability to cope with it.
Just play the football.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You show those people who call you lazy who’s boss, Marcus! Yes lad

Status
Not open for further replies.