Marcus Rashford deals with the naysayers and slaggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
New rule needs imposing for all strikers- PASS. Stop shooting as it is not working and non of you are as good as you think. I should post this in all the striker threads
Add to this their lack of pressing, tracking back, aggression, link up play, creativity, unpredictability and everything else too. We pamper these lads when they should be getting an absolute rocket for walking around letting their mates get swamped. At least do that and then have your pot shots. Terrible really and it’s been going on ages. Badly need another creative winger. Not a striker. A winger. Who passes and links up and shows aggression and unpredictability

Last edited:

Chicharo

It's not that he just plays bad, he looks like he doesn't know where he is, totally absent, doesn't laugh, almost no signs of life in him

Longshanks

Far and away our most dangerous outlet tonight, but is deffo short of confidence. Looked pretty gassed after 70 mins or so aswell which is a concern.

Denis79

I remember a few years ago I said he needs to stop hanging around with Lindgard as it could have a negative effect on him and he could end up like him. They laughed and said Rashy will be better then Mbappe in a few years…
Like @sillwuka wrote earlier, it looks like he's depressed or something. He did get a lot of shit after the EUROs that would break even the strongest characters.

VixV

Genuinely worried about him, not as a player, but as a person, it feels like he's going through something and I hope the club is supporting him, I don't think he should be starting games. But I wonder if he's a different player in training, that's why he keeps getting started.

GazTheLegend

I love the guy so much and I want him to do well. He looks so unhappy. We need him to start enjoying his football again, because he's unplayably good when he wants to be, and a great man. I hope he gets better soon.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I love the guy so much and I want him to do well. He looks so unhappy. We need him to start enjoying his football again, because he's unplayably good when he wants to be, and a great man. I hope he gets better soon.
He doesn't have an illness

edgecutter

Stay off social media os the first thing he needs to do. Put a massive target on his back with his post today

stw2022

He's crying out for time on the bench. His head just isn't in the game right now.

Sorry but when do the excuses end and we start looking at the player he is vs the player we all wanted to be and would be if it wasn’t for being;

- a bit sad
- recovering from surgery 6 months ago
- needs a rest
- played on the right
Etc

How far away are we from insisting the length of the grass puts him at an unfair disadvantage?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
He irritates the hell out of me. His mentallity is crap, and i wonder how he is in the dressing room.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Genuinely worried about him, not as a player, but as a person, it feels like he's going through something and I hope the club is supporting him, I don't think he should be starting games. But I wonder if he's a different player in training, that's why he keeps getting started.
He definitely isn't right.

LJJT

Add to this their lack of pressing, tracking back, aggression, link up play, creativity, unpredictability and everything else too. We pamper these lads when they should be getting an absolute rocket for walking around letting their mates get swamped. At least do that and then have your pot shots. Terrible really and it’s been going on ages. Badly need another creative winger. Not a striker. A winger. Who passes and links up and shows aggression and unpredictability
I have to agree with all your points. I just don’t understand how they don’t understand that they make the wrong decision 99% of the time and stopping ignoring everyone and shooting. I think there’s some real beef between them all which is adding to how poor we are

spiriticon

He should just be dead honest with the club if his mental health is not good. The pressure of being at United is intense and not for everyone.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There is something wrong with him mentally. Hope he gets some help. He’s not right.
This.
He needs help, yet fans just seem to want to pile it on him.
It's not his fault he keeps getting picked, and I am sure he doesn't want to let the team down, but he quite obviously has issues right now.

It's nuts that people have now convinced themselves that he's depressed. No doubt his PR team will pick up that ball and run with it.

While we're all playing armchair psychologist, my guess is imposter syndrome.

Reminder that he had exactly the same attitude and lack of effort all last season and people blamed it on injuries.

Reminder that the season before Mourinho also accused him of having a bad attitude and not working hard enough - after absolutely loving him at one stage - and people decided Mourinho was the problem.

Revaulx

A local red who bleed for the club and committed and blah blah but his work rate seriously declined before he's even 25? Attitude issue?

Would do everything for the club except...working hard?

I would say I am one of his biggest critic recently. But I want nothing more than a fully committed, motivated Rashford to finally reach his potential.

I don't think "always knew he was shit", but also for me, he was never world class (which is fine because he's still young and there are very few 22 year old world class), so he need to improve big time, not just coming back to form but actually improve. With his salary/status he needs to be world class, but I don't think he improved much last 2 years.

How about just work hard and show some spirit?

Roy Keane and Rooney etc doesn't look happy when we are losing either, but they still fight. It's different than sulky and has an attitude like Rashford.

A lot of people still doesn't rate Fred, but his work rate and fighting spirit is undeniable. Which is why his latest post is well received while the 2 copy cat posts from Rashford and Maguire attract criticism.
Yup. Agree with all of that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He looks a very troubled man to me. Maybe there's something gone on that we don't know.

He's delivered so many amazing moments over the last 6 to 7 years it's a real shame seeing him like this.

I do think he will get over it eventually and come back to his best but for now he shouldn't be in the team.

Rockets Redglare

He looks a very troubled man to me. Maybe there's something gone on that we don't know.

He's delivered so many amazing moments over the last 6 to 7 years it's a real shame seeing him like this.

I do think he will get over it eventually and come back to his best but for now he shouldn't be in the team.
Or maybe he’s just not very good at football.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Or maybe he’s just not very good at football.
Pretty sure I could find a video highlight reel of him within 20 seconds of looking that proves he is a good player.

He's just totally gone at the moment. Maybe the England penalty miss followed by the racism is on his mind. Maybe the injury. Something isn't right with him clearly.

He's not a rubbish player at all. He's been brilliant for United at times. Such a shame to see him go through this but he will come out the other side eventually.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Pretty sure I could find a video highlight reel of him within 20 seconds of looking that proves he is a good player.

He's just totally gone at the moment. Maybe the England penalty miss followed by the racism is on his mind. Maybe the injury. Something isn't right with him clearly.

He's not a rubbish player at all. He's been brilliant for United at times. Such a shame to see him go through this but he will come out the other side eventually.
How much time do you want utd to wait ? 1 year ? 2 years ? 5 years ? 10 years ?

He's been out of form for 2 years. In most big clubs with ambition he'd be out after a few months of shite performances and we've kept him for two years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He doesn't pick the team. I think you need to take it up with the manager. He definitely needs dropping for a good few weeks maybe longer. I haven't given up on him or Bruno. The players all seem to be really struggling for confidence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

He's been out of form for 2 years. In most big clubs with ambition he'd be out after a few months of shite performances and we've kept him for two years.
He’s got all the time in the world to come good. Remember, he’s just a young ‘un.

Withnail

Well he's only had about 10 PL games since his return from the operation to sort his long term injury(ies) so maybe a bit more than that?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He doesn't pick the team. I think you need to take it up with the manager. He definitely needs dropping for a good few weeks maybe longer. I haven't given up on him or Bruno. The players all seem to be really struggling for confidence.
If rangnick benches rashford then he'd be hounded into oblivion. Even ole bore the brunt of rashford for suggesting he should concentrate on football.

Devil’s Trident

It's nuts that people have now convinced themselves that he's depressed. No doubt his PR team will pick up that ball and run with it.

While we're all playing armchair psychologist, my guess is imposter syndrome.

Reminder that he had exactly the same attitude and lack of effort all last season and people blamed it on injuries.

Reminder that the season before Mourinho also accused him of having a bad attitude and not working hard enough - after absolutely loving him at one stage - and people decided Mourinho was the problem.
It’s amazing isn’t it ? The most obvious reason is staring them in the face that he has an attitude problem yet they keep on being creative and associate every reason that can cause depression with Rashford. God knows how many million times I have already read that ohh something is definitely not right he needs help when he himself has said many times this is not the case. Also he only seems depressed when he is playing football meanwhile going on with his life much better than ever before. You would think his PR team and the club would be on this case if there was an ounce of truth in it yet it’s only here people have convinced themselves that he is sick mentally. It’s like they can’t comprehend or entertain the thought that the lad is just shit at football right now because he stopped to work hard and focus on his development.

He was at a very critical stage of his evolution as a player if I’m being honest. His stardom happened at the worst possible time for him especially when united also going through a shit phase. His body language and workrate is the by product of the stardom he got. Developing an attitude is the most common phenomena after you achieve so much so soon. He is not the first player and won’t be the last.

KennyBurner

What a pathetic excuse. Which footballer couldnt you find a video highlight reel of?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If rangnick benches rashford then he'd be hounded into oblivion. Even ole bore the brunt of rashford for suggesting he should concentrate on football.
I don't think the charity work is the cause. Plenty of players have done things off the pitch and been fine.

RVP said the back injury he got is a lot worse than people realise. Also alot of the English lads, Harry Kane including, are having difficult seasons post Euro heartache. Shaw Maguire and Sancho have all been poor too let's not forget.

I haven't given up on him just yet. Feel for the bloke as he looks broken. Maybe it's something in his personal life we just don't know.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What a pathetic excuse. Which footballer couldnt you find a video highlight reel of?
So when he banged in goals Vs Chelsea, City, PSG and Liverpool were you calling him crap? I bet not.

The lad is having a hard time clearly. He's not a crap player though. He's just playing like one.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can we stop giving his PR team so much attention?
He has been a bang-average footballer whose footballing ability has not progressed in 2 years now. He's going nowhere fast.

Jericho

How do you know? He could well have some mental health issues he’s working through.
Doesn’t seem the likeliest explanation for poor form, unless you think every player at the club has mental health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.