Marcus Rashford destroying the DailyMail

RedDevil@84

Everyone knew this was coming. There were warnings that many from English media have been assigned the jobs to dig dirt on Rashford.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Was having a read through RAWK to see what their reaction was about Rashford and not surprisingly there were 3 pages of how much of a top fella Rashford is and were even talking about putting a flag up at Anfield for him. If they get it then it won't be long before everyone gets it and the press will be shown up for the cnuts they really are.

cyril C

Was it Fowler or Owen that owe a street in England? Wiki Fowler said he has a property portfolio of 28m. So that was not a news, but someone spent 2m on 4 property is. Assuming Rashford is paid 180K/wk, after 45% tax still take home 5m. So it is normal to spend 2m on sport cars, but abnormal to invest them into property, particularly English property instead of Dubai (Beckham, Neville invested in Dubai?)

I would have guessed half a million in England will get you a middle class Demi-detach or 3-bed room apartment in London. Many people dream home, but nowhere near Luxury.

Working from Home for journalist is simply too boring.

Schneiderman

And of course they use an image of Rashford in a black hoody to go with the article. Utter cnuts, I don't know how they get away with it.

What would be be absolutely fantastic is if all the footballers whose property investments the Daily Mail have written about positively or factually, tweeted links to the article and a link to the Rashford article and simply say “why the difference in tone and connotation?”

treble_winner

"Destroying the Daily Mail" is some hyperbole. I got excited thinking he was suing them into bankruptcy or something.
I second this. Rashford really has every right to sue them for being racist. They are clearly targeting him because of his skin colors. If it was Gerrard or Lampard doing this investment in their playing days, they'd be praised for being financially astute.

In this day and age, racism must not be tolerated. Too bad the Daily Mail lives in 18th century.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I second this. Rashford really has every right to sue them for being racist. They are clearly targeting him because of his skin colors. If it was Gerrard or Lampard doing this investment in their playing days, they'd be praised for being financially astute.

In this day and age, racism must not be tolerated. Too bad the Daily Mail lives in 18th century.
Even if it seems clear, good luck proving that in court. It'll be impossible

NotThatSoph

Yeah of course everyone wants to buy here, was talking more about Europe-wide.
I live in London so am well aware of the lack of affordability. Point is you still need private landlords, eg for students, people starting out their working lives etc...
You need some sort of system where people have the opportunity to rent, for several reasons. Some people can't afford to buy, and some people simply prefer to rent (for several very good reasons). How that system should be designed, though, is a whole different matter and there are good reasons to be skeptical of allowing people to be large scale landlords.

It's a trivial fact that people investing in several homes drive up the cost of housing. It increases demand for homes, which leads to both a higher prices and a higher quantity. The harder it is to increase quantity the more of this effect will be borne out if higher prices. The housing market is especially bad for this both because land is a very scarce commodity and because there are a lot of regulations on where and what people can build. Higher prices makes it a lot harder for normal people to enter the market. This same mechanism also drives up rent, which makes life worse for all renters. The economic term rent seeking is extra apt here because we're literally talking about the layman term use of rent, but land just isn't like other forms of capital.

This isn't an attack on Rashford, he's simply working within the system as it's designed and him buying 4 or 40 homes won't have any effect. It's an aggregate thing. And the DM are clearly being extremely racist.

ROFLUTION

Can't he just be your Prime Minister? Please.

Sincerely yours
Denmark, and rest of Europe

Was it Fowler or Owen that owe a street in England? Wiki Fowler said he has a property portfolio of 28m. So that was not a news, but someone spent 2m on 4 property is. Assuming Rashford is paid 180K/wk, after 45% tax still take home 5m. So it is normal to spend 2m on sport cars, but abnormal to invest them into property, particularly English property instead of Dubai (Beckham, Neville invested in Dubai?)

I would have guessed half a million in England will get you a middle class Demi-detach or 3-bed room apartment in London. Many people dream home, but nowhere near Luxury.

Its Owen, theres a street in Liverpool and he owns every house on that road.

Good on you, Marcus It appears right-wing tabloids have found their new black sportsperson that’s done good in the world to try and smear.

Every time a wealthy sportsperson/celebrity/entrepreneur etc. does something positive for society you always get the predictable moaners e.g. “that donation is pocket change to them!”, “It’s all for PR!” It’s pure jealousy and frankly pathetic.

Grumbling like this increases tenfold if the person doing good is black, especially if said black person “dares” to dress in a unique style or wear their cap sideways.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that a majority of these detractors have never done anything for charity or tried to help the less fortunate in any kind of manner.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Bestietom

John O'Shea own lots of property here in Waterford Ireland. He invested most of his money into property and it's now paying off.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I know we have zero expectations of common sense from tabloids, but going after Marcus is so shameful, after all the work he's done and is still doing, and with such a misleading agenda-driven headline. I hope he sues them, though i don't think he's the type to get dragged into a public dispute.

Gabagoo

I'm happy they've run with that Rashford story. Keep doing it, Daily Fail. The more you do, the more obvious it will be that your a Little England rag made for Little Englanders.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wealthy person buys houses. Congrats Marcus. feck the daily mail. You've done more for kids in England than that rag ever did, you are entitled to look after yourself and your own too.

Looks like the media are gonna try and give Rashford the Sterling treatment. Good lad with impeccable behavior for one so wealthy and young, has to make those bitter journalist cnuts jealous. Rashfords massive advantage on other footballers off the pitch seems to be he's got a cooler head, more grown up and more intelligent than many. Great reply.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

Haven't they attacked Foden not too long ago?

EDIT: Nevermind, just seen the twit a few posts above.

Last edited:

pablo__p

Does this kind of shit stirring really trigger anyone, though?
Why would anyone care if/how rich people invest their fortunes? I'd say if they'd find out he has no investments at all, that be a bigger controversy.
"Naive Rashford emptomizes lack of financial intelligence of today's youth".

RayK47

Good article to try and incite jealousy and hate in people, like most tabloids do

Eire Red United

It’s his money, obviously footballers are paid an obscene amount but that’s not Rashfords fault. Who really cares what he does with it. DM are vile.

Statue of Limitations

It was a shameful, snivelling cowardly attack on him.
There is enough negativity in the world, and it is especially hard this year without needlessly "shaming" a player who has stood up and made a hell of a difference.

Breaking news: Millionaire footballer has bought multiple homes. Who gives a f*** what the lad does with his money, (we'd all do the same for our family, futures etc.) and this attack is unjustifiable.

Glad Rashers tore into them.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Only people with wealth can afford to invest in numerous properties, though. Rich people buying an excess of housing has contributed to the chronic shortage that is affecting scores of people all over the world. It is a really serious issue that is leaving lots of people homeless. Rashford is looking after his own like lots of other wealthy people but the consolidation of housing in the hands of a few has dire consequences for the majority.
A fine point during a University Economics lecture. I agree.

A frankly ridiculous hill for the Daily Mail to die on by being nuked by everyone on board with Rashfords social enterprise.

OverratedOpinion

Shit newspaper posts shit story about excellent human being.

Also imagine having a dream to be a journalist and ending up writing stories such as "Love Island Star's eyeliner has a slight smudge whilst visiting local supermarket!"

No wonder they are bitter.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I love Marcus Rashford for what he has done for underprivileged children even more than for what he has done for Manchester United.

Hope that helps him get past this pathetic attempt to undermine him.

RedDevil@84

yeah, they're the most read online newspaper in the world
Of course. When they report on a footballer, it starts with a pic of footballer's girlfriend in bikinis. It has to be the most "read" online stuff

Gazza

Robbie Fowler owns several streets’ worth of property in NW England. How many times have the Daily Mail featured that in their pages?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Obviously, they're opponents politically but good to see another publication call them out.

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...n-a-young-black-man?__twitter_impression=true
The subtext here – that a 23-year-old footballer should not habitually be capable of any of these traits – is familiar enough. And in a way, Rashford is the populist right’s worst nightmare: a young, black, working-class campaigner who bases his appeal not on culture war or tribal loyalty or fiery invective, but on unity, consensus, the common ground. He is a political campaigner who rejects party politics, rejects the idea that conflict and progress are the same thing, indeed refuses to acknowledge that there is anything remotely contentious or left-leaning about wanting hungry children fed. And – coincidence! – he gets things done.

Small wonder this country’s conservative establishment has come to see Rashford not as a fleeting irritation but as an existential threat: a man cheerfully exposing not just the worst privations of government austerity but our own snide and bickering political culture. Small wonder his personal finances and lifestyle choices are now considered fair game. If Rashford is allowed to succeed, who else might follow in his wake? Rashford did not choose this fight. But with unerring precision and a depressing alacrity, it has chosen him. Perhaps there’s something deeply depressing in the treatment of this decent and principled man by a section of the media that has always thrived on conflict, the vindictive urge to tear down, to expose, to disgrace. Rashford, you suspect, would see it as incontrovertible proof that he is winning.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hopefully everybody votes with their 'clicks' and doesn't give the original rag any, but then goes and watches/reads the TalkSport and Guardian links on this page. Even if you just load the page and close it again if you don't have time or inclination to read it properly. Reward the good as well as refuse to reward the trash.