Marcus Rashford has 200 appearances for Manchester United by age 22

BR7

Dear Norman (and Mrs norman before you start tweeting me)

I just wanted to say how sorry I was that the club made the error. You were a stellar player until you started getting injured and errr cough cough turned up to games a bit worst for wear.

Outstanding young talent yourself, incredible physique for a 17 year old as Robbo said you were larger than some of the grown men playing at CH when you were 17/18.

Top of the class and that 85 fa cup final win when we were already severe underdogs prior to kev getting sent off is one of our greatest wins in the 80s and your goal was truly special, especially given big nev southall was in between the sticks for Neverton.

Even better was your live interview on the late news (9 or 10 pm) when you were paralytically drunk while trying to talk us through you’re goal etc... still making us smile....

Thanks for the memories and you shouldn’t have been forgotten.

Ps is Mrs Norman always standing up for you big man?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The thing Pochettino would do is straightaway stick a target man or a striker of physicality up front like Kane, Llorente, Lambert, Osvaldo like at all his previous clubs.

With Haaland gone & Chelsea & United both having failed with Lukaku & Morata seasons - I don't think the target man type striker (what I call Jose or conte striker) quality is looking especially great. You could also argue that looking back that out of all of Pochettino's centralised strikers it was only Kane who ever had the ability to bring others in to play - whether that was on pochettino or on Kane is a gamble on Rashford. We can say that Pochettino managed to get the best out of Son at LW but to me it has ever possibility being Kane.

Rashford's more a forward lining up as a LF for us more than a LW. If pochettino comes here he will turn him in to a winger & his numbers will be effected the same way Rashfords numbers would be effected if Mourinho played Lukaku upfront with Rashford on the left.
:lol: The bolder bit is bs and you know it. Poch plays Son in a false winger role and his output only got better because of his tactics. Kane number didn’t get affected by this tactic either. Rashford will be played the same role Son plays at Spurs and he will thrive in that position. Son is one of the best players in the world right now and if Poch can do that to Son, then it will be effortless work to do that with Rashford.

Moreover, Kane might look like a typical no.9, but Poch gameplan has him playing deeper and being more creative like Firmino at Liverpool. Even with the false 9 position Poch has Kane playing, he still manages to get him scoring a lot of goals. Such management will benefit Martial as well who is another talented attacker we have that will benefit under a manager like Poch.

Andy_Cole

Fantastic achievement. Joins Giggs and Best as one of the youngest players to achieve this and like the tweet above says; nice company to be in.

Think some of us (myself included) forgot that that he's still so young. Now, it looks like he's kicked on and I'm expecting great things from him. Also, sitting here, eating a big slice of humble pie right now. I'm now sort of expecting him to do great things for this club. Legend in the making?
Wrong!

Norman Whiteside also ahead of him.

Drifter

American
Talking of Norman Whiteside

Man Utd apologise for forgetting Whiteside
Manchester United have apologised after mistakenly leaving forward Norman Whiteside off their list of youngest players to reach 200 games.

Marcus Rashford reached the milestone in Saturday's 4-0 win over Norwich and was initially thought to be the third-youngest to reach 200 games, behind only George Best and Ryan Giggs.

However, Whiteside's wife Dee pointed out on Twitter her husband, 54, had also brought up 200 games younger than Rashford in the 1980s and, indeed, was the youngest to do so in United's history.

United put out an apology to Whiteside, who is also the youngest player to appear in a World Cup final tournament at Spain 1982 and the youngest goalscorer in an FA Cup final.

He had only just turned 21 when he made his 200th appearance for United in 1986.

Under the sub-heading, "Apologies Big Norm", United wrote on their website: "The initial version of this article had incorrectly omitted club legend Norman Whiteside, who made his 200th United appearance against Leicester City on 6 September 1986 (not counting four matches in the Screen Sports Super Cup).

"That means the Old Trafford favourite is the youngest player to register 200 competitive outings for the club, which is an incredible achievement.

"Apologies, Norman. We owe you one!"

Rashford had already mentioned on social media his pride in getting to 200 games, and later wrote on Twitter: "Appreciation tweet for the great Norman Whiteside. Never to be overlooked."

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I suspect the PR people who run Twitter for MUFC are either outsourced or are very young employees who have barely heard of anything beyond the Ronaldo years

Hoof the ball

Excellent player, I’ve always believed in him but did have my doubts at times whether he could get high numbers regularly.

Doesn’t really have any weaknesses in his game, rapid, strong, skilful when needed, links well.

His finishing is something to consistently work on, as it is with any striker, but I really really hope he puts the extra shifts in training to become the best finisher he can be.
Decision-making, head down often, running into crowded areas, not seeing teammates better position in counter-attack are but some that he still needs to improve in. It'll be revisionist of me to ignore that this has been the critique of Marcus even as recent as the early parts of this season. His outstanding scoring and improved form don't negate his need to become more consistent in other areas. What's most important is to realise that he's this good even with those areas not quite fully developed. That's the most exciting part. We're not seeing a fully developed player playing at his potential. We're seeing an incomplete player performing at just a fraction of what he could in a couple of years........and that for me is something incredible.

Lynty

I suspect the PR people who run Twitter for MUFC are either outsourced or are very young employees who have barely heard of anything beyond the Ronaldo years
I've worked at a several market leading private companies. If the average age of the PR team is over 25, their doing something terribly wrong.

My guess is that it's 21 year old who doesn't know who Norman Whiteside is.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've worked at a several market leading private companies. If the average age of the PR team is over 25, their doing something terribly wrong.

My guess is that it's 21 year old who doesn't know who Norman Whiteside is.
Yeah that was my first thought

billybee99

Could you imagine Rashford under Pochettino? Kane stats was terrible and much worse than Rashford before Pochettino turned him into one of the best striker in the world. Rashford under Pochettino will come eerily close to resembling Ronaldo’s achievement. We need a manager that can shape Rashford into one of the best players in the world
He's already becoming one of the best players in the world. He doesn't need Poch for that. He has a desire to be the best like Ronaldo had. Name me a better player 22 years or under. Mbappe comes to mind. After that, I'm struggling for names.

RUCK4444

Decision-making, head down often, running into crowded areas, not seeing teammates better position in counter-attack are but some that he still needs to improve in. It'll be revisionist of me to ignore that this has been the critique of Marcus even as recent as the early parts of this season. His outstanding scoring and improved form don't negate his need to become more consistent in other areas. What's most important is to realise that he's this good even with those areas not quite fully developed. That's the most exciting part. We're not seeing a fully developed player playing at his potential. We're seeing an incomplete player performing at just a fraction of what he could in a couple of years........and that for me is something incredible.
Yes I’d agree with that, what I meant by saying he has no real weakness is that he’s very capable in all the areas you mention but I agree consistency and improvements can still be made and like you say it’s an exciting prospect to imagine him playing levels above what he is achieving now.

Lee565

Dont like the ronaldo stats comparison, rashford for most of those appearances was as a striker, ronaldo was playing on both the left and right wing in a 442/4411 formation

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dont like the ronaldo stats comparison, rashford for most of those appearances was as a striker, ronaldo was playing on both the left and right wing in a 442/4411 formation
Why not? Rashford hasn't played as a CF that much, he has played in the LW position the majority of his career. Playing LW for United in a 4-2-3-1 is essentially playing left midfield in a 4-5-1 given how important tracking back is for a United winger, this is why Mourinho didn't fancy Martial & why Ole plays him at CF. Ronaldo also played in a far more dominant team that created many more chances, with better players.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just thought I'd bump this to appreciate how much he has already achieved for Manchester United and how much he's yet to achieve as he's only 23 this Sunday coming.

United legend in the making.