Marcus Rashford has 200 appearances for Manchester United by age 22

RUCK4444

Excellent player, I’ve always believed in him but did have my doubts at times whether he could get high numbers regularly.

Doesn’t really have any weaknesses in his game, rapid, strong, skilful when needed, links well.

His finishing is something to consistently work on, as it is with any striker, but I really really hope he puts the extra shifts in training to become the best finisher he can be.

BR7

Just want to congratulate Marcus Rashford. It’s an excellent achievement and if he can just become more potent infornt of goal he will be here for years and i believe he will.

Once he has better players behind him creating more chances he will be 25 goals a season regular, no doubt about it in my head. It becomes more apparent when you miss a chance, if the team aren’t creating as many goal scoring opportunities as we are used to seeing in the past.

22-25 league goals this season please rash..... followed up with 25 plus next season and that will get the non believers of his back

Yagami

Good post resistant
What's the point...every time I correct their mistakes they ignore it...
That's a shame, but maybe they'll listen this time? It might be worth a shot. Considering they must have had to have done a bit of research on the subject, it's surprising that they overlooked/missed Whiteside.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He needs friends like Sancho, James and even Wayne Rooney I would say. Not Lingard.

Fantastic achievement.

Denis' cuff

Coming along really well. Just hope we don't burn him out.

Big Norm's career finished early. Although due to injury, you wonder if it was all that intensity from a young age.

Hopefully manage recovery better these days

Last edited:

United58

Today some fans were unhappy about his selfishness but that is absolutely what we want to see. He now has the confidence that comes with having the ability to create some magic by himself.

He's been selfish for a while, which is no bad thing for a player of his output.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I was convinced we made a mistake giving him such a large contract and didnt really mind the barca were looking at him, delighted to ha e been wrong!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So happy with the way he’s developed. Going from strength to strength too. Players like him and greenwood are why I love this club.

imagine what his numbers would be like if we provide with good service!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He’s going to be a phenomenal player. I see him as a 30-35 goal player from next year onwards.
only if we get proper support for him, surrounded by this current midfield and attack he won’t. Get the right players around him and yes he will get up to those figures.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
He really has been the shining light of the last few years and not only is he a regular, not only is he scoring, he's a leader for the team too
only if we get proper support for him, surrounded by this current midfield and attack he won’t. Get the right players around him and yes he will get up to those figures.
He's on 19 now with 16 league games plus however many in the cups. Forget next season, i reckon he'll hit that this year.

RobbieBerns

Look at what he’s doing this year, and think about what he’ll be able to do if and when he’s being supported by a proper midfield. I always thought his detractors were far too harsh given both his age and how insipid of a team he has had around him for his entire career so far.

MrBest

Ronaldo's breakthrough season at Ujited saw him score 24 and 17 in the league, he also had much better players around him and more experience. I remember the first few years Ronaldo was at United, many United fans were unhappy with his end product, decisions and development. Some had even written him off completely. Rashford is going through a sinilar journey and in his breakthrough season after 30 games, he has 14 in the and 19 in total. I think he has a real chance to get 25 league goals and end on 30 plus goals this season. If he continues to buckle down he could be a phenomenal player as physically he is very good and his development has brilliant this year. In five years we could be looking at a guy whi has been scoring a minimum of 20 goals a season. I also think he has had to grow up faster than Ronaldo purely because he is now seen as a leader in this squad and the experienced type player. If he ends up being half the player Ronaldo has been, i would be very very happy for him and our club.

InfiniteBoredom

Could you imagine Rashford under Pochettino? Kane stats was terrible and much worse than Rashford before Pochettino turned him into one of the best striker in the world. Rashford under Pochettino will come eerily close to resembling Ronaldo’s achievement. We need a manager that can shape Rashford into one of the best players in the world
This is either a sad attempt at self-parody or even sadder reflection of your state of mind.

MrEleson

Ronaldo's breakthrough season at Ujited saw him score 24 and 17 in the league, he also had much better players around him and more experience. I remember the first few years Ronaldo was at United, many United fans were unhappy with his end product, decisions and development. Some had even written him off completely. Rashford is going through a sinilar journey and in his breakthrough season after 30 games, he has 14 in the and 19 in total. I think he has a real chance to get 25 league goals and end on 30 plus goals this season. If he continues to buckle down he could be a phenomenal player as physically he is very good and his development has brilliant this year. In five years we could be looking at a guy whi has been scoring a minimum of 20 goals a season. I also think he has had to grow up faster than Ronaldo purely because he is now seen as a leader in this squad and the experienced type player. If he ends up being half the player Ronaldo has been, i would be very very happy for him and our club.
Cant really compare their numbers as Rashford plays further forward than Ronaldo did in 06/07. I’d say Rashford still has some way to go to reach that level as Ronaldo was the club’s go to man as a 21-22 year old himself even though he was playing alongside experienced players.

Nevertheless, Rash is definitely developing into a great player and excited to see what the future holds in store for him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Really good to see such a positive thread on Rashford given the knocking he has taken from some on here before.

The fact that he's managed this in an under performing team and under 3 very different managers is incredible. He's a proper talent and if he continues in this vein, he has the potential to be one of the very best. You're very lucky to have him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Even when he was getting slated and for some reason constantly pitched against Martial on here, I stuck up for him. It's always been clear that he has talent, works hard, is skilful, and is very dynamic. Many in here would've had him shipped out, but then many also would've got rid of De Gea because he kind of maybe looked a little bit weak on a couple of corners. Basically what I'm saying is there's a lot of numbskulls around isn't there?

ricky-romeo

glad he is back on track and improving after been a bit poor at the end of last season (playing whilst injured probably play a big part in that).

some of the skill stuffs he did last weekend was just outrageous. he is a gem and got the potential to be a top 10 player in the world no doubt.

add someone like Bruno Fernandes and another creative midfielder imagine what Rashford, Martial and Greenwood can do.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm slightly surprised he has racked up that many games already. It doesn't feel like he has been playing that long, but you get that. Hopefully he keeps building from here, and goes on to emulate Giggs for us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent. Well done Rashford. When he hit a spell of bad /indifferent form awhile back, he was written off as a basic kick and run footballer but he clearly has a lot in his locker. He has a venomous shot, rapid pace, good movement, trickery and boundless energy. Every player doesn't have to incredible in tight spaces.

Now we need to make sure that Rashford (and Martial, Greenwood James and hopefully - puhleese Sancho) get a midfield and defence that creates for them regularly.

reelworld

Could you imagine Rashford under Pochettino? Kane stats was terrible and much worse than Rashford before Pochettino turned him into one of the best striker in the world. Rashford under Pochettino will come eerily close to resembling Ronaldo’s achievement. We need a manager that can shape Rashford into one of the best players in the world
Nahh, can't see it, cause Poch is an idiot. Just like this post

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing Pochettino would do is straightaway stick a target man or a striker of physicality up front like Kane, Llorente, Lambert, Osvaldo like at all his previous clubs.

With Haaland gone & Chelsea & United both having failed with Lukaku & Morata seasons - I don't think the target man type striker (what I call Jose or conte striker) quality is looking especially great. You could also argue that looking back that out of all of Pochettino's centralised strikers it was only Kane who ever had the ability to bring others in to play - whether that was on pochettino or on Kane is a gamble on Rashford. We can say that Pochettino managed to get the best out of Son at LW but to me it has ever possibility being Kane.

Rashford's more a forward lining up as a LF for us more than a LW. If pochettino comes here he will turn him in to a winger & his numbers will be effected the same way Rashfords numbers would be effected if Mourinho played Lukaku upfront with Rashford on the left.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That gets trotted out all the time but Owen has said other members of his family have had the same issues so it appears to have been genetic.
Yes. But he also says Liverpool utterly ruined him, overplaying him early on

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reading this thread, I wonder what happened to 100s who were piling into him on the many "bash"ford threads.

I suppose scoring two at the weekend helped!

Ace of Spades

Great to see he has pushed on a level. The impressive thing this season has been how consistent he has been as a goal threat. Now if we can add more quality in midfield, it will be great.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Could anyone kindly post a summary of this piece. It would be very much appreciated.

Could have Rooneys record if he keeps this up.

Credit to Ole too for keeping him out wide. I hope that when/if Ole gets sacked the next manager doesn't try playing him centrally again. Hes far better coming in from the wing.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Like a lot of posters I've had doubts (still do to an extent) but I'm happy he's shoving it back down our throats.
I think the thing that blurs his rise is that, unlike Giggs and Ronaldo, Rashford has had to be the main man from an early age. He hasn't had the luxury of being a developing youngster in a fully functioning strong team. He's the one we've been looking to deliver from far too early in his career.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know Rooney is a man child, but how many goals did he have at 200 appearances?
Difficult to work out without going through his game history but a lazy comparison would be his first 4 full seasons at United where he played 189 games and scored 77 goals in all comps. If we just use the first 11 games of the EPL to bring it up to 200 it would be 80 in 200 so Rashford's 64/200 is in good company, especially when you consider our complete lack of creativity and goal output as a team over the last 5 seasons in comparison to the team Rooney had around him with the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez.

MrBest

Cant really compare their numbers as Rashford plays further forward than Ronaldo did in 06/07. I’d say Rashford still has some way to go to reach that level as Ronaldo was the club’s go to man as a 21-22 year old himself even though he was playing alongside experienced players.

Nevertheless, Rash is definitely developing into a great player and excited to see what the future holds in store for him.
I think you can compare the numbers, just for context as a demonstration that Rashford can be a great player and that he needs time to grow to his potential. Saying that, I do not think he will ever be at Ronaldo's level, just half of that would be amazing.

Ixion

I hate it when I see people get compared to Ronaldo's goals at the same age. No shit he's scored more. Ronaldo wasn't a goalscorer till the 2006 season and a pure winger, pointless comparison.

Anyway lots of records potentially there for him but it's looking very far into the future and a lot can change. He's done very very well so far though.

MoXoM

Anyone know how many goals Rooney scored for United in his first 200 appearances?

Zlatattack

I'm really pleased for him, he seems a nice level headed guy (from the interviews i've seen) and is getting better and getter on the pitch. I hope he gets 20-30 goals a season for us for the next 10-15 years. IDK if he'll ever become Ronaldo (Ronaldo is a freak in my opinion, very unlikely to be replicated) but if his improvement continues and he keeps getting goals, he'll certainly be remembered as a legend at this club.