Marcus Rashford is the most valuable player in our squad

ABTEK

Last time I checked redcafe, he was not United standard. In fact, some were suggesting a loan move. In few weeks difference, now he is the best.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
His workrate
His attitude
His comittment to the club
His young age
The responsibility he takes on board
His will to make things happen
His contribution in every game
And the fact he could get into any other top team in the PL and rest of Europe for that matter. Bar RM and Barcelona maybe!
He's not a guaranteed starter at Leicester I'd say

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
As a footballer he has an extremely high potential - as a goalscorer, he hasn't.

He will always work hard, create a lot, score some incredible goals - but he will never be clinical. But because of his quality, because of his ability to create chances he will score 15+ League-goals each season, if he injury-free. So his overall contribution to the team will always be high, but he will never come close to Shearer or Kane in terms of goals.
The caf likes to bandied up the word high ceiling potential.

The only person that applies to is cristiano ronaldo. He was 3x the player he signed for the day he left. The rest... not so much.

You made it as if rashford gonna be 2x better the player he is in 2 or 4 years time. He wont

KennyBurner

He's a top 5 player in our squad for sure but we also need to buy players which would bump him out of that top 5 if we want to compete for titles against the best again.
Someone said in two years he might be the most valuable in our squad and this scared me because by then I hope we have better players to the point were he is a super sub. He has the ability ti be a good player but thats really his ceiling. Expecting him to develop into a worldclass player might deluded after watching him this past few years.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He’s ridiculously under appreciated by a large amount of people on here.
And hes overrated by some, same with Martial. I remember the Martial FC vs Rashford debates under LvG, it was almost as bad as Messi and Ronaldo fanboys having a go at each other

No doubt Rashford has tonnes of potential and his top level is quite high, the question is whether he can find some consistency and manage to perform at or close to his best.

tenpoless

And hes overrated by some, same with Martial. I remember the Martial FC vs Rashford debates under LvG, it was almost as bad as Messi and Ronaldo fanboys having a go at each other

No doubt Rashford has tonnes of potential and his top level is quite high, the question is whether he can find some consistency and manage to perform at or close to his best.
At least They are debating the two best players on the planet, each is capable of winning matches on their own and be their club's top scorer.

While the Martial vs Rashford FC fans were debating for players that struggle to score 20 goals a season.

ottosec

He's not even top 3.

He's played like a pub player for most of the season. And just like people underrated him then, they overrate him now after a few good games.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He just turned 22. He’s so young and he’s already done quite a lot. He has all the tools to be a sensational player. At his best he is nearly unplayable, he just isn’t consistent enough. But that comes with age.

He’s the best young player we’ve had in a long, LONG time. And he’s one of our own. If he fulfills his potential by working his arse off, he will be world class. And that’s the key, hard work. Ronaldo, for example, trained harder and did more extra hours than anyone else in the squad. That’s the kind of dedication Rashford needs, and from what I hear...he does work incredibly hard. In such cases a player’s true “ceiling” - which is a stupid term btw - is much higher than people realise.

I can just see him becoming an absolute monster. To sell him would require a bid of 150m+, and even then, I’d probably keep him. All he requires is the one thing this forum will never give him: patience.

Regalia

When fans start to think Danny Welbeck Mk. II is our most valuable player, just shows how far standards have fallen at the club. Then again, Ole is supposedly SAF reincarnated, so.

simplyared

L
He just turned 22. He’s so young and he’s already done quite a lot. He has all the tools to be a sensational player. At his best he is nearly unplayable, he just isn’t consistent enough. But that comes with age.

He’s the best young player we’ve had in a long, LONG time. And he’s one of our own. If he fulfills his potential by working his arse off, he will be world class. And that’s the key, hard work. Ronaldo, for example, trained harder and did more extra hours than anyone else in the squad. That’s the kind of dedication Rashford needs, and from what I hear...he does work incredibly hard. In such cases a player’s true “ceiling” - which is a stupid term btw - is much higher than people realise.

I can just see him becoming an absolute monster. To sell him would require a bid of 150m+, and even then, I’d probably keep him. All he requires is the one thing this forum will never give him: patience.
Good post!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is either championship player, Welbeck II or most valuable player in the squad. There is no middle ground at all.

simplyared

Those of you complaining about the chances he misses (which most of them he creates himself) just don't get it. Ask yourselves why you think Sterling is on City's teamsheet every week.

lysglimt

Scout
The caf likes to bandied up the word high ceiling potential.

The only person that applies to is cristiano ronaldo. He was 3x the player he signed for the day he left. The rest... not so much.

You made it as if rashford gonna be 2x better the player he is in 2 or 4 years time. He wont
I am saying Rashford can improve a lot if he learns a bit more composure - because now he is actually getting into goalscoring opportunities, but he will never get the composure that Greenwood has, and he will never have the ability to be in the right place like Nistelroóy had. So Rashford can be a lot better than he is - but as I said, I never believe he can match someone like Harry Kane in terms of scoring goals.

But his hard-work for the team can compensate a lot of it.

Classical Mechanic

He is either championship player, Welbeck II or most valuable player in the squad. There is no middle ground at all.
There's little middle ground on the CAF at all. The depressing thing these days is all that we need is a half decent win against weak opposition for the hyperbolic nonsense to start. After the next crap result the 'Gashford' brigade will be out in force once more.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There's little middle ground on the CAF at all. The depressing thing these days is all that we need is a half decent win against weak opposition for the hyperbolic nonsense to start. After the next crap result the 'Gashford' brigade will be out in force once more.
Yeah, looks like people want to take extreme opinions for the sake of it.

He is good player, scored 8 goals and 3 assists in 14 starts this season, just like most youngsters he is inconsistent. Problem is we don't have better senior attackers to lead this team.

-Supreme-

Those of you complaining about the chances he misses (which most of them he creates himself) just don't get it. Ask yourselves why you think Sterling is on City's teamsheet every week.
We are now comparing him to Sterling after a few good games since February :lol:

Tarrou

there is though? plenty of people think he's none of those things, me included (and loads more in this thread)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He said more valuable, not better. In terms of ability and potential relative to age, he's probably our second most valuable player.
Our best player by far. No doubt. Anyone disagree?
I understand the difference but apparently he is both. I don’t think he is remotely close to being our ‘best’ player.

flappyjay

However anyone feels, if we are going to achieve anything however small or big we are going to need to keep him, Pogba and Martial fit. For me these three are the most important.

simplyared

I am saying Rashford can improve a lot if he learns a bit more composure - because now he is actually getting into goalscoring opportunities, but he will never get the composure that Greenwood has, and he will never have the ability to be in the right place like Nistelroóy had. So Rashford can be a lot better than he is - but as I said, I never believe he can match someone like Harry Kane in terms of scoring goals.

But his hard-work for the team can compensate a lot of it.
Comparing him with Kane and Van Nistelroy lacks relevance. Those 2 are out and out strikers. Rashford is not.

The White Pele

He is the player in our squad that is the most destructive to an opposition defence in my opinion. I think when he plays off the front and facing the goal teams really struggle to contain and control him and that really opens things up for us.

To put it another way, Martial is the better finisher, and the more technical player but benefits significantly from the chaos that Rashford can create. It's a good combination for us.

People remember the missed chances but he has good numbers this season despite that and therefore the potential is massive. People also don't consider that we would create fewer chances without him as we would be more passive and less direct. Having said that, we have added James to the squad this season who contributes some of the same qualities if we were missing Rashford.

Last edited:

Nanotron

Our best player by far. No doubt. Anyone disagree?
Yes probably anyone with eyesight and a semblance of ability of football knowledge, the sort of people who who would think like you, I suspect, are idiots. Not calling you an idiot directly. Your opinion matters very much I'm sure, to some people.

Nanotron

He is the player in our squad that is the most destructive to an opposition defence in my opinion. I think when he plays off the front and facing the goal teams really struggle to contain and control him and that really opens things up for us.

To put it another way, Martial is the better finisher, and the more technical player but benefits significantly from the chaos that Rashford can create. It's a good combination for us.

People remember the missed chances but he has good numbers this season despite that and therefore the potential is massive. People also don't consider that we would create fewer chances without him as we would be more passive and less direct. Having said that, we have added James to the squad this season who contributes some of the same qualities if we were missing Rashford.
Doesn't happen often enough but yes I agree on that. I think we should temper our potential expectations on him until he shows he can eradicate some his mistakes in his all round play, I'm not convinced he has improved much as a player over the last few years. He still plays like a raw teenager which he effectively still is so lets just see how he develops over the next two years. He is raw while experienced. I hope he develops into the player we all thought he would become when he first burst into the team but i have my reservations.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

He's a steak knife among spoons.

Hes unplayable against teams who attack us and give him space to work in. He is next to useless against teams who sit back and pack the defence. Unfortunately, any top team will usually be facing the latter.

I think in a few years he will move to a mid table team as a starting striker bagging a regular 15-20 goals a season.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Back of the net, 100 % agreed.

I'd say the exact same about Pogba. He was inconsistent at Juventus, and has continued in the same vein here. But a couple of moments of brilliance here and there, and a social media presence/style/flair/whatever, makes him massively overrated among kids and adults that are easily swayed by shallow swagger.
You forgot about a couple of titles in the Serie A. Oh and a WC where he played a major role. When Rashford has half of Pogba's trophies, we'll talk again.

As for the OP saying that he "could get into any other top team in the PL and rest of Europe for that matter. Bar RM and Barcelona maybe!", the less said the better.

Pablo76

This forum used to have quality control and it was very effective. But just like the management and operations at Manchester United have gone down the hill, same goes for this place, which is kind of ironic how it has happened almost simultaneously.
Somebody actually said it out loud! :nervous:

simplyared

You forgot about a couple of titles in the Serie A. Oh and a WC where he played a major role. When Rashford has half of Pogba's trophies, we'll talk again.

As for the OP saying that he "could get into any other top team in the PL and rest of Europe for that matter. Bar RM and Barcelona maybe!", the less said the better.
Ok City maybe not. They've already got Sterling playing a similar role. He'd certainly fit in a Klopp set-up. As for European teams outside of RM and Barca, which other teams in the PL and top European leagues do you believe he wouldn't get into? Prefer concrete answers rather than "the less said the better"

AmanNits04

This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think out team has any best player, one day one shines the other day someone else.
Nobody in our team has been performing on a high level week in week out.
Martial, Rashford, pogba, they all shine for a while and then lose it. Until these players perform consistently, the best player or the invaluable player of team award is always up for grabs