Marcus Rashford is the most valuable player in our squad

TrueRed79

He's massively under appreciated by Utd fans. By the end of his career he will make a lot of people look dumb as chit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You only to have to ask how much a similar level player would cost, with us doing the buying!
It'd be more than Maguire, without any doubt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we're combining age, commitment to the club and ability, you're probably right.

Pogba is a better player but his commitment is an issue. De Gea has been a better player although is on the decline now & is another who has looked to leave in the past.

Rashford, Martial and Wan-Bissaka are our most important/valuable players right now.

Other way around for me, Rashford=Ronaldo, Greenwood=Rooney

Before the mob start I'm not saying they are as good as them.

Ronaldo was not a fantastic finisher at 21-22, he missed a lot of chances, similar to Rashford now. In fact, his breakout season was 2006-07 when he hit 23 goals from the wing, he was 21-22 that season. Rashford is already on 16 this season, so he should hit that mark or perhaps even beat it. I'm by no means saying Rashford will be anything close to Ronaldo's level, but there are similarities statistically between them at the same age. Rashford seems to be beginning to become a good header of the ball, another thing Ronaldo developed at from 21-22 onwards.

If you look at their PL records in full seasons when they were the same age

Ronaldo at age 18-19 - apps: 29, goals: 4
Rashford at age 18-19 - apps: 32, goals: 5

Ronaldo at age 19-20 - apps: 33, goals: 5
Rashford at age 19-20 - apps: 35, goals: 7

Ronaldo at age 20-21 - apps: 33, goals: 9
Rashford at age 20-21 - apps: 33, goals 10

Ronaldo at age 21-22 - apps: 34, goals: 17
Rashford at age 21-22 (so far) - apps: 20, goals: 12

It's undeniable that it's a strikingly similar record.
Already looking forward to Rashy's 40 goal season :drool:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Pogba is still better and more valuable and it ain’t even close.
Not really sure what this is based on at this point.

Not a dig at Pogba but Rashford's age and the fact he's a direct goal threat probably puts more financial value on him at this point. If you're talking value to the team then Rashford wins that hands down until Pogba proves otherwise. Pogba is our best player technically and on form is arguably more valuable, but we've yet to see it consistently. Rashford even on a poor day now is scoring goals.

IF (big if still until it happens) Rashford carries on the rate he's going this season, he's going to be between 25-30 goals. A wide player capable of getting those numbers in a season in one of the top leagues, and at Rashford's age, isn't something you can replace...unless you can cough up about £500m for Mbappe.

Raven

Himself and Pogba are probably our 2 most valuable but I'd probably have Pogba and Martial as better players.

C'est Moi Cantona

Himself and Pogba are probably our 2 most valuable but I'd probably have Pogba and Martial as better players.
I agree, but I don't believe Rashford is that far behind now,.

Those two have far more natural ability, but what Rashford may have lacked in that, he makes up for in sheer effort and determination to improve, which will likely take him past those two far higher maintenance players soon enough imo.

OL29

Rashford is better than Nani. He can also hit a ball far sweeter imo.

Nani was a good tricky winger but that’s about it. Only one season did he play like something resembling Rashford this year. Rashford could go on to become a legend at this club, he’s mentally stronger with a bigger potential. He’s a special player for us atm.
That’s a massive disservice to Nani, he could hit it from range with either foot, Nani at his peak was one of the best wide men around, he had it all.

sugar_kane

Currently more league goals than Aguero, Harry Kane, Mane, Salah and Sterling.

5 behind the leader Vardy, and could conceivably be a contender for golden boot this season.

That's all with a hatful of other chances he should have scored.

Also, while impossible to determine how much of a role Ole has played in his development it's happened on his watch so he deserves some credit, especially considering the charge that he hasn't improved any of our players is often levelled at him.

Raven

I agree, but I don't believe Rashford is that far behind now,.

Those two have far more natural ability, but what Rashford may have lacked in that, he makes up for in sheer effort and determination to improve, which will likely take him past those two far higher maintenance players soon enough imo.
I agree, he's improved tenfold this season but I don't think he'll surpass either because I don't think either have shown their true potential.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Currently more league goals than Aguero, Harry Kane, Mane, Salah and Sterling.

5 behind the leader Vardy, and could conceivably be a contender for golden boot this season.

That's all with a hatful of other chances he should have scored.
And still getting little love from some fans! What does a guy need to do to please these fans? :confused:

Jacob

Can't put my finger on what he's missing but he certainly lacks that flair a player like Hazard or Salah have. Still and obvious starter for most teams. I guess it comes down to his anticipation and vision.

-Supreme-

Many of these posts are based on a run of decent form and nothing else.

Rashford's a useful player, but he's not the best player in our squad...

Pogba > Martial > Rashford
Couldn't agree more.

Martial has transformed our attack since he got back from injuries, Rashford in particular has looked a far better player as a result

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Can't put my finger on what he's missing but he certainly lacks that flair a player like Hazard or Salah have. Still and obvious starter for most teams. I guess it comes down to his anticipation and vision.
Ronaldo was a flare player, then he became the greatest goal scorer of this generation by cutting the shit out of his game.

You dont need flare to be a great player if you are effective in other ways. I'd love Ronaldo to sign with us for a season just to work with some of these guys. You give Martial and Rashford his positioning and :drool:

Johan07

Many of these posts are based on a run of decent form and nothing else.

Rashford's a useful player, but he's not the best player in our squad...

Pogba > Martial > Rashford
The thread is about who is the most valuable player in our squad.
Its Rashford by a mile now when Pogbas contract is winding down.
Rashford is 22, has a pretty cheap contract (considering his performance now) until 2024 if you include the bonus year.
He is English as well.
CIES has him at 100m plus and thats probably low.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The thread is about who is the most valuable player in our squad.
Its Rashford by a mile now when Pogbas contract is winding down.
Rashford is 22, has a pretty cheap contract (considering his performance now) until 2024 if you include the bonus year.
He is English as well.
CIES has him at 100m plus and thats probably low.
Do you seriously think that any of the Elite clubs - your Reals, Barcas, Juves, City, Liverpool (if they could buy him) - would pay more for Rashford than they would for Paul Pogba...?

Which of those clubs do you even think he'd get into the team with?

Johan07

Do you seriously think that any of the Elite clubs - your Reals, Barcas, Juves, City, Liverpool (if they could buy him) - would pay more for Rashford than they would for Paul Pogba...?

They are both worth 100m plus if we are talking value. Now.
Pogbas value will decrease after nxt summer due to his contract situation and his age.
United are not going to sell Rashford no matter what is offered so it is a bit of a moot question that.
And in my opinion he would get in all of those teams, or at least be very competative.
Rashford is a very, very good player.

Andersons Dietician

I would probably agree he is the most valuable player but generally I think Martial and Pogba are better players. It’s such a fine margin though as if Rashford can just sort his decision making out and be a consistent clinical finisher then hands down he’d be something really really special as he has all the tools of an Mbappe except for the footballing choices he makes on the pitch.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They are both worth 100m plus if we are talking value. Now.
Pogbas value will decrease after nxt summer due to his contract situation and his age.
United are not going to sell Rashford no matter what is offered so it is a bit of a moot question that.
And in my opinion he would get in all of those teams, or at least be very competative.
Rashford is a very, very good player.
Rashford isn't worth half of Pogba's value, but the English tag and media bias has easily added 20-30m to his value. You're sounding like Pogba is close to his 30's, he's 26 for another 3 months. He's also lightyears ahead of Rashford as far as marketing and social media followings, which always has an impact on the value of a player. We're not even in the same stratosphere between the two. Another example of massive Rashford overhype.

Johan07

Rashford isn't worth half of Pogba's value, but the English tag and media bias has easily added 20-30m to his value. You're sounding like Pogba is close to his 30's, he's 26 for another 3 months. He's also lightyears ahead of Rashford as far as marketing and social media followings, which always has an impact on the value of a player. We're not even in the same stratosphere between the two. Another example of massive Rashford overhype.
Pogba will also be 27 this summer with 1+1 year left on his contract.
Rashford is 22 with 3+1 left.
I thought this thread was about value but now its just bias with posts like this. And its not media bias.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pogba will also be 27 this summer with 1+1 year left on his contract.
Rashford is 22 with 3+1 left.
I thought this thread was about value but now its just bias with posts like this. And its not media bias.
And yet Pogba is worth more regardless of the contract situation. Who is really going after Marcus Rashford? Are you one of those who believed Barcelona were willing to put up 100m for him a year ago? It's just nonsense media bs. Rashford is a good player, and he may be on his way to being great and getting closer to Pogba's value, but you're still talking about 2 years' of contract left after 6 months from now, that's not enough to bring Rashford's value anywhere close to Pogba's right now.

Also, if you read OP, this thread is mostly about bias and very little substance. I'm giving you some actual quantifiable reasons why Pogba is far and away this team's most valuable player by any metrics whether it's commercial or sporting.

Brightonian

In terms of market value Pogba is 'worth' more but in a more purely footballing sense I'd probably agree. He's still underrated by our fanbase. Yes, he's in the middle of a hot spell of form at the moment, third on league goals behind only Aubameyang and Vardy. But even when he's not been such a reliable goalscorer he has so often been the driving force behind all the attacking we do, the player who can be relied on to create chances single-handedly when everyone else is off the boil, the player who opposition defenders will be most afraid to see facing up against them. If we looked back through his career with us there'd be countless games where he was by far our most important creative player. And yet now he's our key finisher too.

And this is a kid of 22. In my mind he's undoubtedly our most important attacking player since Rooney and Ronaldo.

None of which should be taken as a slight on Martial. Having them both in our team is making for an exciting time!

ReddBalls

Who is really going after Marcus Rashford?
Who was really going after Paul Scholes?

Could it be that no one really bothers about chasing him because he is not interested in going anywhere else?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I would probably agree he is the most valuable player but generally I think Martial and Pogba are better players. It’s such a fine margin though as if Rashford can just sort his decision making out and be a consistent clinical finisher then hands down he’d be something really really special as he has all the tools of an Mbappe except for the footballing choices he makes on the pitch.
Im a big Rashford fan but Mbappé is slightly quicker, stronger and better in the air even if we leave decision making out of it. No great shame in that of course, Mbappé has been world class since the age of 18.

mattsville

We are sticking with him, seems to be a slower developer, he has been frustrating but there are defo signs of accelerated improvement this season, the amount of goals, the type of goals, the odd scruffy, a header, his freekicks are going on target more, biggest issue is decision making that comes with age, he will get there, behind the scenes they must be impressed with his attitude and dedication as most players breaking through are not afforded the same time.

NewGlory

Don't know about paying more, but as far as getting into top clubs - if he continues the form he has had this season, scoring more than City and Liverpool forwards - of course they will want him. Same for Barca, Juve, and RM - they all have aging forwards that need to be replaced by a proven, younger talent.

But again - if he continues the form which he has displayed only since September. Before that he was talent with insufficient goals

RooSSaili

Our best player by far. No doubt. Anyone disagree?
Evening,
Your entitled to think that, as Marcus Rashford has won big games single handedly against tottenham and city and heavily contributed to other important victories. Pogba is older and at a higher level, albeit inconsistently. Marcus Rashford takes it on himself to be the man, and in so doing bites off more than he can chew, more than he needs to, but thats the age toward transitioning into a Man and experience.

Paul has been absent with injury so on current season performance and contribution Marcus is by far the most valuable player, if Paul were to be sold which I certainly do not want, than we have made it to a respectable position without Paul, so im looking forward what we may do with Paul in the team,especially with uncle Fred. Paul must earn that title as Marcus has. Paul Pogba is coming into a reasonable settled side with a front foot mentality with improving players on a respectable run of results.

NewGlory

Slight change of direction: when our players understand each other - their interplay is the most valuable thing, and much more than the sum of the parts

Enjoy:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The over rating of Martial is mad, his top scoring season for us is what... 17 goals? Rashford is on 16 goals with half a season left, he's on a different level to Martial imo.

NewGlory

The over rating of Martial is mad, his top scoring season for us is what... 17 goals? Rashford is on 16 goals with half a season left, he's on a different level to Martial imo.
Martial was injured a lot. Can't score if you are not playing. I don't think Martial is better than Rashford but when Martial is on the pitch we clearly play better and arguably he stretches the defenders, creates space for Rashford to also be way more effective.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Martial was injured a lot. Can't score if you are not playing. He is not overrated - when Martial is on the pitch we clearly play better and arguably he stretches the defenders, creates space for Rashford to also be more effective.
Yet if Rashford was out injured Martial would also struggle as he would be our only source of goals, just like how Rashford struggled when Martial was out earlier this season. The issue wasn't that Martial was injured, the issue was that we had no goal replacement and so opponents could double up on Rashford thus destroying any hope of us scoring.

NewGlory

Yet if Rashford was out injured Martial would also struggle as he would be our only source of goals, just like how Rashford struggled when Martial was out earlier this season. The issue wasn't that Martial was injured, the issue was that we had no goal replacement and so opponents could double up on Rashford thus destroying any hope of us scoring.
Can't disagree with that. We have exciting forwards but our squad has no depth. Was even worse before Greenwood was getting more trust

Andersonson

Way better than Martial, and younger. He has already surpassed Martials best ever season, and we're only half way in.

Pogba might be better, but thats close.

The kid is the real deal

Le Red

Market value wise, he's one 20+ goals PL season away from being in the top 3 priciest CFs in the world.

Peter Petrelli

Rashford is definitely a valuable player in the squad. But he has alot to learn, his decision making, link up player and finishing are aspects he has to work on. He needs to play with his team mates and not run everytime. He wants to take on 4 players, when a simple one two would split open the opposition's defence. I also believe he spends too much time thinking about his next twitter post when he is on the pitch. IMO Martial has been a much better player in recent weeks. He has been linking up well, providing passes and bringing others into play. Rashford has been the exact opposite of that. Rashford has to realise that comparing himself to Ronaldo, would only put pressure on him and not help his game. He needs to be less selfish and more clinical. The sky is the limit with the potential he has.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Rashford deserves a lot of praise for the growth he's shown during tumultuous times at the club and the chaos of managerial upheaval, but this thread is a reach and reads like the hope of fans, not the reality of the here and now.

To put a valuation to Rashford, you first have to look around the clubs that pay fortunes for talent, then you have to look at what they have and who they have spent on in the past and why. Then, you have to ask whether they would put equivalent money on the table for Rashford as usurper/supplanter, because no [true] fortune is spent on a substitute. So where does that leave us?

Neymar as potentially the best player on the planet sold twice for over £150m (yes, I'm factoring in all the underhanded payments).

Mbappe, as potentially the player of his generation, sold for over £170m already and any future sale, injuries and form notwithstanding, will be even more - invariably the new world record transfer.

Bale, after taking the league by storm, exploding in the CL and performing internationally.

Pogba, legitimately expected to be the midfielder of his generation and a future all-timer.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Juventus bought him to win the CL and raise their profile.

Coutinho, to Barca after a number of seasons of looking top brass.

Dembele, to Barca after a phenomenal season at Dortmund.

Hazard, after literal years of performance that some rate as the best in the PL.

None of this even factors commercial value, which obviously props up what's stated and catapults these players into a bracket clubs pay premiums for as a given.

Without the Champions League or a breakout international tournament or even absolute domestic-level dominance, it's absurd to place Rashford's monetary value over Pogba in our team. You first have to ask who would pay a premium for him as there only a handful of clubs who even entertain that notion: Real, PSG, Barca, Ourselves, Juve with the likes of City, Liverpool and perhaps even Chelsea not being clubs we'd sell to.

As of yet, Rashford does not have the profile for the Spanish clubs to come to the table with proper and correct offers; PSG are stable for the time being, besides which, they seek a more constant level of technical ability in their forwards... you're left with Juventus, far more likely to plunder Serie A than move on an unproven player from another league for an astronomical fee.

A player is worth what someone else is willing to pay. I would very much like to see a non-rose tint on where people are getting their Rashford valuations from and who they think would shell out Pogba money for him, and why.

As an addendum, I do think Rashford will have a genuine breakthrough season, at which point it would not be unreasonable or illogical to think his worth will take a leap and have him as a player the aforementioned teams would have on their radar as a starter, not an undercut substitute.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For me, Pogba worth 120-150m, Rashford worth 80-100m, Martial worth 70-90m