Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Kaos

Take the money and run!

Though knowing how inept our board are, they'll try and placate the matter by giving him a £400k 5 year contract.

OleGunnar20

Would Elanga and a journeyman + £60m ready to be invested be worse than an 18 month out of form Rashford who's head has gone? We also have the likes of Garnacho waiting in the wings. Sell him now, Murtough.
In the immediate future, I'd say yes they would be. Plus I don't trust that 60m to necessarily be sitting there ready to be invested either. Look how little of the huge wages we've shed over the summer have been reinvested thus far for example.

Garnacho also looks promising out wide, but not ready to play anything more than a supporting role this year. Imagine Sancho gets injured and suddenly we're playing:

Garnacho - Ronaldo - Elanga

Or something along those lines. We'd be lucky to scrape top half with that front 3.

el3mel

We won't get a chance like that again to get rid and replace him. PSG are idiots, we should take advantage of the situation

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
We should sell him. Even if he has a good season, it'll only mean we get bent over and end up paying him 3x the player he is or watch him go free else where.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It is clear as day though his PR team are already bricking it from how abysmal he was vs Brighton and they see the writing on the wall.

They want new terms signed before ETH has the chance to put 3 or 4 more players ahead of him in the pecking order.
This.

Very sceptical of this news, don't believe it for a minute.

However in an ideal world, even on a free I would want him gone. Free's up 200k a week and begins the reset of getting rid of mediocre massively overpaid players.

The United way though means we renew him on 350k a week and he serves up many more years of dismal performances.
...and probably this.

wr8_utd

:'(
Honestly wouldn't even be surprised if this was leaked/created by his PR team to get united to sign him up for the further year.
Given how Shit he is now, I don't think we'll be in any rush to offer him improved terms.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Don’t think they are interested for real

Sounds like they're interested but wary they're only being used to offer a bigger contract than United want to give, then having Marcus take that to United and ask them to match to keep him.

I'm happy to give him this year to rediscover his form, coming off an injury and was played injured too much. But if he's not effective this year I think we should walk away.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Given how Shit he is now, I don't think we'll be in any rush to offer him improved terms.
This is the same club that offered Pogba insane money to stay and stink out the place. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Pughnichi

1 yr on his contract…rumours circulating of a transfer…hmmm….go fish

Alemar

We need to offer Marcus a new 100k/w deal, it may help his decision making process

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I'm sorry but Jarred Bowen and Saint Maximin are two players in the PL alone that would be an improvement. Rashford has offered the square root of feck all for too long. And not only that, his attitude stinks, his PR team is a joke and he started on supporters outside the ground last season. The guy should be getting torn apart by the club yet he appears to get away time and time again.
Yeah let's replace him with one of those guys, that'll help us forward for the next few years. Rashford is in terrible form I agree, and his confidence is completely gone. But at least he produced good moments at the highest level at very young age, and scored 20+ goals for us just one full season ago. Which is something Bowen and Saint Maximin have never managed at the highest level in their whole career. I don't know about his PR team, but at least three different managers have praised his attitude as a profesional footballer, so I've no idea what your point is really.

LARulz

Would love to get 50 million
It should be nothing less. The other way around and we are looking at paying around 70/80 so I don't see why we should be giving young and marketable players away for less than what we would have to pay

It's not like we have a fat squad and therefore desperate to sell

Born2Lose

Amazing how they've all released the story at the same time, almost like it's all come from one source. Wonder who it could be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's just using them to pressure us for a new contract.

We will probably sign him on again, but honestly i'm not sure he will be first choice in the next years anyway.

hobbers

Amazing how they've all released the story at the same time, almost like it's all come from one source. Wonder who it could be.
His team are many things but smart and subtle are not two of them.

TR1LL

Rashford will score in our 3-1 win this weekend and Fab will tweet that United are happy with Rashford and are planning contract talks. #neverindoubt

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A lot of it is to do with his work with underprivileged kids which to me is fecking insane. Many wont admit it.
Or maybe he's shite at football and has been so for about 3 years now. You know, the reality, not your misguided cries over poor Washy being discriminated against.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Not to shit on penalties because you still have to score them but in that 20 goal season he had does anyone know how many were during play rather than penalties?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeah let's replace him with one of those guys, that'll help us forward for the next few years. Rashford is in terrible form I agree, and his confidence is completely gone. But at least he produced good moments at the highest level at very young age, and scored 20+ goals for us just one full season ago. Which is something Bowen and Saint Maximin have never managed at the highest level in their whole career. I don't know about his PR team, but at least three different managers have praised his attitude as a profesional footballer, so I've no idea what your point is really.
They're better than Rashford. I'm 100% confident of that. And for "the next few years" they'd be fine. Because we're not exactly challenging for trophies anyway. And I am confident we'll not challenge with Rashford as a starter anyway.

Even at his best Rashford was a complete purple patch player. He scored 20+ in a counter attacking team. Yet when teams figured that out, the goals dried up. Now we're trying to control games more (a change Ole made to move away from the counter) Rashford has been completely shown up.

And that's great, coaches say all sort of waffle about players to the media. You'll never hear them say a bad word about one of their players. But have a read of what our very own Steve McClaren said of Rashford...

Hell, even Ole made a remark about Rashford needing to concentrate on football and had to backtrack a week later after Rashford and "his team" got the hump over it.

edcunited1878

In terms of helping reset the wage structure, where players who earn above 200K GBP are the best players and bang on starting XI, walking away from Marcus or offering him terms that are below 300K GBP is important to consider. No player should be earning more than 275K or 300K at this club for the near future moving forward.

Shit, didn't know Varane and Sancho were in the 300K per week! ffs, nice Woody and Judge.

With DDG not renewing a deal at 375K GBP and Ronaldo's massive wages leaving soon, no reason why the club should make Marcus a 300K GBP player. He's not worth it for 5 years.

Current players with wages at or above 200K GBP
  • Ronaldo - 500K+
  • DDG - 375K
  • Sancho - 350K
  • Varane - 340K
  • Martial - 250K
  • Bruno - 240K
  • Rashford - 200K

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He's just using them to pressure us for a new contract.

We will probably sign him on again, but honestly i'm not sure he will be first choice in the next years anyway.
People keep saying this - he looks miserable here and much of the fanbase have turned on him. We’re currently in a fight for top 6 - why wouldn’t he want to go to live in Paris playing with Messi and Mbappe?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We are gonna waste any money we get for him so what's the point.

edcunited1878

Not to shit on penalties because you still have to score them but in that 20 goal season he had does anyone know how many were during play rather than penalties?
He had 17 league goals in 19/20, with 6 from the spot. Martial scored 17 also, but all from open play/non-penalty

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Or maybe he's shite at football and has been so for about 3 years now. You know, the reality, not your misguided cries over poor Washy being discriminated against.
No that is absolute bollocks and you know it. Almost one goal involvement in every 2 games in his PL career ...yeah he is shite and its definitely not a fecking agenda.

Last edited:

Speako

Looking for an update improvement on 200k a week after the last two year’s showing?! Come on. Genuinely only United would fall for that. Do a Barca and tell him to take a 50% cut, say his last contract was ‘criminal’.

Cloud7

I want this to be true just as much as I want us to sign a competent midfield. Please PSG.