Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Looking for an update improvement on 200k a week after the last two year’s showing?! Come on. Genuinely only United would fall for that. Do a Barca and tell him to take a 50% cut, say his last contract was ‘criminal’.
:lol:

mikeyt

Rashford is staying, this is all a ploy to push the club into contract talks.
It's funny how unbelievable stupid and lacking self awareness he is. He deserves sweet feck all for what he's delivered over the past 2 years. We should be triggering the extension and doing everything we can to cash in. It's like he's thought ah the gaffer is making me a regular again, time to ask for more dollar. I'd sooner play Garnacho

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
JLIngz 2.0

I wish it wasn’t so, and would have loved to have sen him do well for us. But it’s not going to happen.

Expect another 12 months of this nonsense

This is all bollocks, but would rather get some money than none next year.

Would rather none next year than a new contract, even on the same wages

Waynne

Sell, sell, sell.

I'd drive him to the airport myself, no charge. Give them Fred and McTominay to sweeten the deal.

By 1 get 2 free.

clarkydaz

People keep saying this - he looks miserable here and much of the fanbase have turned on him. We’re currently in a fight for top 6 - why wouldn’t he want to go to live in Paris playing with Messi and Mbappe?
if he leaves England his off field privileges get revoked. Anyway, What i take from lastest updates looks like his PR contacted PSG, not PSG asking for Rashford

AFC NimbleThumb

Because Rashford has beel loyal to the club? When was his loyalty ever tested? The reports are saying that his representatives are in communication with PSG. I m sure he is aware that they are doing this.
What are his ‘representatives’ supposed to do with less than 2 years left on their clients deal. That aside he’s one of the most abused footballers online by a rather unsavoury section of his own fanbase, he owes people calling him names what exactly. . .

Do you get upset on other clubs behalf’s when their players talk to United prior to joining?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Looking for an update improvement on 200k a week after the last two year’s showing?! Come on. Genuinely only United would fall for that. Do a Barca and tell him to take a 50% cut, say his last contract was ‘criminal’.
Well, then the same needs to happen with DdG, Sancho and Varane. Only difference that they should take a 80% cut to match their performance levels.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah I’d get rid, but only if we used the cash to replace him.

Kammy26

There is a real chance for a reset at this club, some of the big earners over 200k are coming to the end of their contracts, Rashford, De Gea, Shaw and maybe Martial. All of them should be sold or released over the next 1-2 years.

I don’t want to see any of them with new contracts, but knowing this club, f knows what they will do. We are a joke.

pascell

I think I'd give up on us turning things around in the foreseeable if we offer him a new deal on higher wages.

It would signal that the club has not learnt anything from the past nearly 10 years.

Dread Devil

Personally I would prefer him to stay but I think maybe we should sell him… he possibly needs to get out of England….it could do him the world of good….he got so much abuse for doing so much for the needy (even elected politicians were talking about it ffs) and then again from England “fans” after missing the penalty…

Online abuse is ridiculous and it has affected him as far I can see…

If we sell him now, grant him another opportunity, we would make some money to buy a player ready and focused for the fight ahead and Marcus could regain his confidence in a new climate where the spotlight will be on the Mbappes, Messi’s etc

Last edited:

The Purley King

£50m and we should bite psg’s hand off.
It’s a shame how the last few years have gone. I really thought he’d be a mainstay for the next 10 years but he has such severe limitations in his game (that nobody has coached out of him so perhaps not entirely his fault) that it’s best for both parties that he leaves.
What is antony? £70m? Only another 20 so flog rashford get antony = win.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People keep saying this - he looks miserable here and much of the fanbase have turned on him. We’re currently in a fight for top 6 - why wouldn’t he want to go to live in Paris playing with Messi and Mbappe?
Because he's not actually good enough?

PSG don't really want him, that's the point. If he put in half the stinkers he did for us over the years, he'd be stuck in a boat and swam back over the channel

Footyislife

He's also on £150k/week. £200k/week is if we make it to CL. Plays like a £75k/week player.

If Rashy was performing like a £40M player we wouldn't be selling him. Reality is he isn't performing & doesn't fit ETH's possession style play. He's a serviceable player in a counter attacking style team which we aren't anymore.

Maybe clubs in the EPL would overpay slightly because he's British, but foreign clubs won't.

atkar83

Do NOT give him a pay increase. He hasn't even earned the last pay bump with his play, if he has another year or two like 2021 his value will plummet and you'll be stuck with his contract for years. Don't be stupid, sell or play out the current contract another year

led_scholes

What are his ‘representatives’ supposed to do with less than 2 years left on their clients deal. That aside he’s one of the most abused footballers online by a rather unsavoury section of his own fanbase, he owes people calling him names what exactly. . .

Do you get upset on other clubs behalf’s when their players talk to United prior to joining?
Well honestly 2 years its alot of time to pre-agree a contract or make an informal agreement, even though it's understandable. It does show however that he is obviously no loyal to united, but in any case I m happy that his representatives are doing this (if it's true and not just some effort to force us to offer him a new contract - another sign of loyalty). The sooner he goes the better for us and his career.

And I m sure that most here are not upset if he shows no "loyalty" and opts to leave. My only fear is if we will sell him or lose him for free.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Because he's not actually good enough?

PSG don't really want him, that's the point. If he put in half the stinkers he did for us over the years, he'd be stuck in a boat and swam back over the channel
He doesn’t want to go to PSG in an easier league and a better team because he’s not good enough? So instead he’ll stay at United in a tougher league in a mediocre team getting dogs abuse as the team does shite every other week? Yeah, makes total sense. If PSG want him like the French sources who broke this story are saying they do then of course he’ll fecking want to go.

Resonance

Gotta love everyone calling for Antony to replace him, despite 90% of the people stating this having never seen Antony kick a football outside of YouTube.

Phil Osophy

By the way his agent met with PSG last week and reports about our interested in Gakpo started around the same time, so maybe it's all linked in some way.

Rolaholic

He's also on £150k/week. £200k/week is if we make it to CL. Plays like a £75k/week player.

If Rashy was performing like a £40M player we wouldn't be selling him. Reality is he isn't performing & doesn't fit ETH's possession style play. He's a serviceable player in a counter attacking style team which we aren't anymore.

Maybe clubs in the EPL would overpay slightly because he's British, but foreign clubs won't.
By all accounts we don't want to sell him though

Rolaholic

Gotta love everyone calling for Antony to replace him, despite 90% of the people stating this having never seen Antony kick a football outside of YouTube.
The grass is always greener elsewhere on the forum

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You guys have had the likes of Moïse Kean, Choupo-Moting, Icardi and Jese Rodriguez in the team over the last few years. It's really not hard to understand why they might think Rashford could be a welcome addition to the forward options especially after losing ADM and looking to sell Icardi.
Those are vastly different players, Rashford has a huge wage/week, none of those players are close to that outside of maybe Icardi and even then I don't think it's that high, not to mention how overpriced British players tend to be, not to mention he'd be a substitute at best, it just makes zero sense.

SirScholes

Would leave us very thin on the ground
Maybe a summer too late
He does need to leave but i can’t see how its the right time

redmanc

I really hope it isnt a play for a better contract, hes been fecking shite for far too long and i would hope to god he would realise this and club would make some sensible offer or just send him packing.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
PSG rejected the chance to sign Rashy, apparently we wanted Neymar and £60m.
would love it if we got some money for him because his stock will be worth next to nothing next year when hes had another sub standard season.

AFC NimbleThumb

Well honestly 2 years its alot of time to pre-agree a contract or make an informal agreement, even though it's understandable. It does show however that he is obviously no loyal to united, but in any case I m happy that his representatives are doing this (if it's true and not just some effort to force us to offer him a new contract - another sign of loyalty). The sooner he goes the better for us and his career.

And I m sure that most here are not upset if he shows no "loyalty" and opts to leave. My only fear is if we will sell him or lose him for free.
‘Loyalty’ isn’t one way though. If the club haven’t engaged in any talks then he can’t simply stand still, players talk with other clubs & sign contracts with their current manager ned all the time.

If the only way you’d deem him ‘loyal’ is for him to watch his contract run down, & not look out for his own future then I’m good to end the conversation here. If we want to keep him, offer him a contract & if we don’t sell him.