Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Chairman Steve

Isn't Mbappe PSG's striker?

Messi-Mbappe-Neymar

So Rashford would be back up?
Messi’s like 35. Neymar has turned 30 and he’s barely played half the Ligue 1 games in a season since he’s been at PSG with his injuries. Rashford will get starts for sure.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Messi’s like 35. Neymar has turned 30 and he’s barely played half the Ligue 1 games in a season since he’s been at PSG with his injuries. Rashford will get starts for sure.
It would be totally ridiculous for PSG to spend 50+M on a sub when we have major gaps in our roster. Campos was specifically hired to stop this streak of stupid purchase, i'd be very suprised (and disapointed) if we were to get Rashford.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It would be totally ridiculous for PSG to spend 50+M on a sub when we have major gaps in our roster. Campos was specifically hired to stop this streak of stupid purchase, i'd be very suprised (and disapointed) if we were to get Rashford.
Yeah, I doubt there's anything to these rumors.

Trophy Room

I think selfishly he should go. His time at United is done. I think he’ll do very well for them albeit from the bench.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The absolute hilarious thing about this link in people are crying out for United to get 'footballing people' in to run recruitment, with Luis Campos being one of those defined as a possible solution.

If these links are true, he wants to buy Rashford.

Now does that mean Campos is crap or Rashford is actually good?

Some people will have to swallow their pride that's for sure.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean ridiculous spending is kind of PSG's thing

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The absolute hilarious thing about this link in people are crying out for United to get 'footballing people' in to run recruitment, with Luis Campos being one of those defined as a possible solution.

Good point - Caf favourite Paul Mitchell wants to buy Rabiot too.

AndySmith1990

Your argument revolves around the assumption that Campos is perfect and is immune to making mistakes

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope the club are wise not to get railroaded into offering him a new contract.

Chairman Steve

But you guys don’t have to worry about money like we do :p

He could find his form again in a different environment. I personally don’t think he’s going to work in our current predicament or even under ETH, but he could flourish in an environment where there’s less pressure on him and he’s in a team that’s more suited to his style of play and already has stars across the board.

I can see £30m being a fair price. Anything above £40m is insane though in my opinion as I think we’d snap your hand off for anything above that.

Member 125288

City didn’t hesitate to offload Sterling - they got money and reinvested. We should do the same
Couldn’t agree more - he had so much potential and never realised it. Not even sure why PSG are that interested unless that injury time penalty is still living rent-free in their heads.

Rolaholic

On what basis does he think he deserves an improved deal?
No one has reported that he does, just an assumption that's being ran with in this thread.

All that's been said about his deal is that he would prefer to stay on at the club and sign a new deal while PSG would apparently be willing to offer a bumper deal if he joins.

We haven't heard a whisper about any demands.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You think they’ll just let him walk on a free next summer?
We can activate another year. The smart thing to do would be to cash in now though. That said, if they’re offering anything under 30m I’d wait and see if he can turn it around.

Rolaholic

P$G shouldnt even be spending after giving Mbappe the retarded contract. Joke of a club.
Well they're funded by an oil monarchy, they absolutely abide by an entirely different set of rules financially :lol:

They can spend till their hearts content while never taking on any debt, it's why Neymar, Messi and Mbappe are on deals that no other club bar City and Newcastle could afford.

Having their President being so cushy and buddy buddy with the UEFA hierarchy also doesn't hurt either.

NewYorkRed

50M and we should be driving him to paris ourselves. I can’t ever see it happening though.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Well they're funded by an oil monarchy, they absolutely abide by an entirely different set of rules financially :lol:

They can spend till their hearts content while never taking on any debt, it's why Neymar, Messi and Mbappe are on deals that no other club bar City and Newcastle could afford.

Having their President being so cushy and buddy buddy with the UEFA hierarchy also doesn't hurt either.
Yeah, that's why we had to use reverse factoring to pay for Vitinha, that Ekitike is a loan, that we had to wait before Wijnaldum was gone to go for Renato Sanchez and that we have to wait for Paredes to be transfered to Juventus to go for Ruiz.

jesperjaap

You think they’ll just let him walk on a free next summer?
Well we kept Pogba for a fair old while when we could have sold him for good money two seasons ago and most certainly should have as he hadnt done anything consistently enough to warrant us clingin gon to him....and was so obviousoly leaving on a free for a long time

There is a year extra in his contract we can use apprently I think. For me 100% we should have and still should ave sold him this summer, his performances in his good times here were sporadically excellent but generally pretty hit n miss, yet he has arugably been our worst player for some time now, not even worst star player. There were and still are so many better options possibly available on the wing than him and he isnt and never really has been a striker for me.

So if we dont sell him or dont allow him to run his contract down, we give him a shiny new big contract? We did similar for Fernandes after a season of being absolutely rubbish which takes him in his thirties, we keep making the same msitakes again and again and again, utter shambles our club is in. Neve rexpeced the trophies to keep rolling in after Ferguson, football goes in cycles, but the depths we are plummeting to are so so bad and its the clubs fault

fallengt

He’s on €150k now right? Well, he can get 250 for all that I care. And I’d say sell in two years if he dont improve.
See. This is United's life long problem.
If he play well, fine. If he doesn't, we stuck with him till the end of his contract cuz not many clubs can afford high wage player let alone an underperforming one.
Rashford is the type of players, Liverpool and Chelsea would sell 2-3 seasons ago.

The bottom line is underperforming players should not be given contract for free. They want it, they have to earn it.

GloryHunter07

No one has reported that he does, just an assumption that's being ran with in this thread.

All that's been said about his deal is that he would prefer to stay on at the club and sign a new deal while PSG would apparently be willing to offer a bumper deal if he joins.

We haven't heard a whisper about any demands.
I have certainly seen whispers. Do you honestly think he wont ask for a pay rise?

Alemar

Yeah, that's why we had to use reverse factoring to pay for Vitinha, that Ekitike is a loan, that we had to wait before Wijnaldum was gone to go for Renato Sanchez and that we have to wait for Paredes to be transfered to Juventus to go for Ruiz.
In this case we could do a straight swap: Rashford for Veratti.

Marcelinho87

We aren’t generally, problem here is he was on huge wages and then sucked for 2 years so renewing now would be dumb (and he isn’t taking less either )
Herrera? Pogba? I know these players will generally request more in terms of salary but surely it strengthens our band when requesting a fee.

redIndianDevil

He’s on €150k now right? Well, he can get 250 for all that I care. And I’d say sell in two years if he dont improve.
We have already got so many well paid average players who no one wants to sign. You want to add one more to it? We’d just end up paying him to be crap on loan for another club.

AlexUTD

Its beyond a joke now.

They have had huge losses for years and still they get to play in UCL.

I wish P$G and $hitty just vanished from football.

They can play in a own league where they can spend and cheat as much as they want.