Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Makes me laugh how people slag off Barca fans for their treatment of players, then this thread is 99% slagging off Rashford.
What resentment? We made the guy and he hasn't been playing well for quite some time. Now a big club had moved on him possibly at the only time we can make serious money for him. What's wrong with selling him?

Judas

Open to offers
What resentment? We made the guy and he hasn't been playing well for quite some time. Now a big club had moved on him possibly at the only time we can make serious money for him. What's wrong with selling him?
Selling him isn't my issue, its the abuse I've seen of him on this forum which has been disgusting at times.

devilish

Agree with all of this. The only new contract we should offer Rashford is a 50% pay cut, because he’s not come near the levels expected of him when he signed his current deal.

The only issue is our Inability to bring in anyone in a timely fashion. I think we’d be short on bodies if we don’t find a replacement.
We all know that he would never accept those terms. What he'll do is to delay and delay up until we either give him what he wants or he'll walk up for free. Its time we cash in now. We have a better player then him in Sancho. SAF would have done it and any proper run club would do it

Marcus

Tempting as it is to sell, erm we are already short of attacking options!

devilish

Selling him isn't my issue, its the abuse I've seen of him on this forum which has been disgusting at times.
I believe that the fans are venting their abuse to the wrong people. Rashford like many others (Pogba, Lingard even Greenwood) is the result of the bad management at the club. We are unable to handle a high player turnover, because of that we're being taken for fools on the transfer market and we end up closing an eye or two when managers either utilize players wrongly (in Rashy's case, Ole ran him to the ground) or when they start losing their way. Such things would never happen in a properly run club. A young SAF wouldn't have played Rashford with his injuries and players would have been constantly kept on their toes as they knew that the old man would have replaced them with no regret whatsoever

devilish

Tempting as it is to sell, erm we are already short of attacking options!
We're not making top 4 either way. We might as well sell him, add a RW and we give Garnacho a chance as backup LW.

Judas

Open to offers
I believe that the fans are venting their abuse to the wrong people. Rashford like many others (Pogba, Lingard even Greenwood) is the result of the bad management at the club. We are unable to handle a high player turnover, because of that we're being taken for fools on the transfer market and we end up closing an eye or two when managers either utilize players wrongly (in Rashy's case, Ole ran him to the ground) or when they start losing their way. Such things would never happen in a properly run club. A young SAF wouldn't have played Rashford with his injuries and players would have been constantly kept on their toes as they knew that the old man would have replaced them with no regret whatsoever
Yep a lot of that is true. Ole was the worst thing to ever happen to Rashford, he needed a proper manager in that period, instead he was allowed to play through injuries and he's never been the same player since.

devilish

Yep a lot of that is true. Ole was the worst thing to ever happen to Rashford, he needed a proper manager in that period, instead he was allowed to play through injuries and he's never been the same player since.
Ah I almost forgot. Rashford would have been forced to make the operation prior to the Euros. If he refused it then he'll be helping the poor at another club.

Marcus

We're not making top 4 either way. We might as well sell him, add a RW and we give Garnacho a chance as backup LW.
I get the negative sentiment and top 4 does look unlikely, but we can keep Rashford and still play Garnacho this season. I would rather we start playing well so our players are worth more when we sell, not dirt cheap because the team sucks.

Paddymcc

I'd cash in on Rashford if PSG want him.

He has been diabolical the last 12/18mths.

He picked England over United when he needed surgery, delaying his preseason and missing 3 months as well.

Lots of noise and crap from whomever is doing his PR on Twitter we can do without.

He's on something like 250k a week so is he honestly expecting an improved contract after the last couple of years?

Au revoir Marcus.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I have just been on the PSG fans forum, Le Bistrot Blue Nuit, and they all say aujourd'hui est un grand jour and that ils deviennent vraiment chauds.

68cob

If it's the headline rumour on the BBC website, it's unlikely to materialise. I haven't seen one of those regarding United come true yet.

OL29

I said the same thing last year about the abuse Martial was receiving and your response was something along the lines of should we all pretend that he's been good all this time instead....
The abuse our players get on here and social media is horrible but it would be nice if this empathy was extended to all of our players.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everything about this club is toxic right now... I can't blame anyone for wanting out. Supporters? Petulant glory hunters more like.

Negative Red

As much as I'd love United to sell Rashford, there's no way he's going to PSG. He's just after a new deal here and will more than likely get one, sadly.

dubplate warrior

As much as I'd love United to sell Rashford, there's no way he's going to PSG. He's just after a new deal here and will more than likely get one, sadly.
Depressing he gets a new deal, we love to reward failure and poor performance with big contracts. Wish I could work somewhere like that.

Isle

This could be a ploy to get new bumper contract, could also be true. If true and Valuation is £60m, we should sell.

Where would he even fit in there?
Neymar is wearing on and may move after the world cup or next summer, Messi is well into his 30s. There will be attacking slots becoming available at PSG in the next year or two. Whether Rashford is good enough to fill one of them is another matter but if PSG want to offer 50-60m let them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is not going anywhere. We‘ll most likely extend his contract.

MrEleson

Neymar is wearing on and may move after the world cup or next summer, Messi is well into his 30s. There will be attacking slots becoming available at PSG in the next year or two. Whether Rashford is good enough to fill one of them is another matter but if PSG want to offer 50-60m let them.
You’re correct. That makes sense for them actually.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For that kind of money, you could buy Antony, move Sancho to his more natural position and then take a punt on a young striker.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Whether he stays or goes, it won't move in any way. I don't look at him anymore as a player who matters at the club
It would have been good riddance if we had some quality forwards but..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Everything about this club is toxic right now... I can't blame anyone for wanting out. Supporters? Petulant glory hunters more like.
Yeap. It's embarrassing. Zero sense of loyalty especially to one of our own. Worst set of 'supporters' in the League.

KeanoMagicHat

PSG could do with a bit of forward back up to the big three and they never say no to celebrity. Wouldn’t be the worst deal for them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Antony
Gakpo
Saint Maximin
Bowen

There's 4 wingers, not sure which would be available though. If we were willing to offer some decent money then I think there'd be 2 or 3 of them available.

Goncalves
Zapata (if we want a big target man that can play football)
Osimhen (will be expensive)
Amine Gouiri
Toney

There's 5 attackers with different profiles. Again, for the right money would be available.

And that's just off the top of my head. There's probably quite a few I'm missing.

Telsim

Dawson reports PSG are valuing Rashford at £60M!? Christ almighty, if that's true this deal should be done yesterday.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I hope that we'll sell him, IF PSG truly is interested in him.

Even if we are short of option in attack, then it's still reasonable to sell him as I see his PR-machine one of the issues in United. Him leaving will be the end of dab trio Pogba, Lingard and Rashford. Want to get rid of Shaw and AWB too but this is too much to ask during this season.

Even if PSG offers 20 mil, sell him. No matter what don't offer him a new contract. He doesn't deserve it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeap. It's embarrassing. Zero sense of loyalty especially to one of our own. Worst set of 'supporters' in the League.
Somewhat disheartening too. I'm wondering if this cloud that has enveloped my club is here to stay... can''t see myself bothering with it all after say, another few years of toxicity.
Reported for negativity and moaning whitetext
Oops... nice weather we are having aren't we chap?

devilish

I get the negative sentiment and top 4 does look unlikely, but we can keep Rashford and still play Garnacho this season. I would rather we start playing well so our players are worth more when we sell, not dirt cheap because the team sucks.
We are sitting on a 60-70m rated player who hasn't been doing very well and who has just 2 years left in his contract. Sancho is more comfortable on the left and he's a far better player then Rashy. I'd say cash in now and we add the players that we need

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Somewhat disheartening too. I'm wondering if this cloud that has enveloped my club is here to stay... can''t see myself bothering with it all after say, another few years of toxicity.
Its a one-way relationship -- they enjoy or bask in the glory of winning from the efforts of the manager and the players. Yet what do they give back in return? Normally it's loyalty -- through thick & thin. Instead, it is all about how it makes them feel only. Take but give nothing in return.