Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They dont value him anywhere. It just bullshit raised by Rashford's camp to get him a new contract when we are desperate for forwards.
Nice to see we have some proper ITKs here on the Caf despite the wide-spread reports to the contrary. What's your source btw, except your backside that is?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't believe one second that PSG will pay even £60m for Rashford. At least I hope they won't
PSG is supposed to have 80m€ left. Maybe a little more if they sell Paredes and Kehrer
And they still want 3 more players with the priority being clearly a CB. We can't expect Ramos to play 40+ games thie year

If they find this kind of money, it will be for skriniar
I don't think PSG will pay that amount either. This year they are signing well and at good prices.
For that price there are much more interesting players.

redIndianDevil

I don't think PSG will pay that amount either. This year they are signing well and at good prices.
Exactly. I'd believe the rumours if I hear that Everton or Leicester are in for him. PSG? :nono::nono::nono:

hobbers

Nice to see we have some proper ITKs here on the Caf despite the wide-spread reports to the contrary. What's your source btw, except your backside that is?
Just like there were wide-spread reports that Barcelona and Liverpool were interested in signing Rashford when his PR was last at rock bottom.

Why were they wide-spread? Because his team told every journalist.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just like there were wide-spread reports that Barcelona and Liverpool were interested in signing Rashford when his PR was last at rock bottom.

On that one, there were certainly suspicious reports but this one I feel is a bit different. Of course, this still feels like it's coming from his side but I think the persistent links are not to be dismissed completely.

I just dislike people quoting my post with some absolute opinion as if we haven't had news to the contrary from some (somewhat) reliable news sources.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because he's young, he's talented, he's got a lot of name value, and he has shown he can score goals at a high level.
That's not enough. Play like crap for two years and your value will tank. Do you think anybody is going to bid 60 million for Martial?

Also don't think anyone was ever going to pay 100 million pounds for him. That's a proper elite footballer fee.

Two years ago how much would you have expected Rashford to be worth? Would be near £100m I imagine... obviously the last 18 months lower that valuation significantly, but it doesn't suddenly mean he's a £20/£30m pound player as some here are claiming - We sold Dan James for £25m, and Rashford is worth significantly more then that.
He'd probably be worth 35-40 million taking the earlier past hype/performances and those of the last two years into account. 60 million (pounds at that) is a fee for players performing at a really good level. At least if all the buyer is sensible.

rainey

Supports
DZG
I'm skeptical but if they're bidding £60m we should accept that deal yesterday
I'm pretty sure they're not bidding that much. PSG has been reluctant to pay high fees under Campos. All of their deals so far either included lengthy (even Vitinha's 40m buyout was payed via some sort of subsidiary) payments or were loans with some fiscal-year-maneuvering obligatory purchases. If they do splash cash, it'll be for Skriniar for whom they've been hassling with Inter the whole summer long.

This whole thing is probably, as most here have come to conclude, just a bit of a ruse to see where Rashford stands in terms of squad importance and present/future contract.

Ted Lasso

United value Rashford at 150!?! In what world. My goodness, ask PSGs for 90 and we could probably get 75 or 80 which is extraordinary for a club as awful at selling players as United

Pronewbie

Peep
Keeping him when we can get 80M is going to be yet another Pogba + Lingard blunder. If we're going to throw this season away, Rashford isn't going to change much.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

The way it was unfolded usually speaks volume. No journalist had a single clue and all in a sudden, they all release articles pretending they know every detail. It was an obvious massive leak and it's very likely it came from the Rashford clan. It's even possible they asked PSG a meeting just to use it as an argument.

The-Natural

I officially don't have a clue about football as I just do not, and never have, seen the player that those at the top of the game seem to when they watch Marcus Rashford.

Gee Male

What poor attitude is this? Is there any evidence of this poor attitude with Rashford other than rumours and press conjecture?

Interested to know.
Others have piled on your post here, I don't mean to add to that but wanted to respond seeing as you replied to me.

I am purely ralking about on pitch attitude, I don't care for rumours and I definitely pay no attention to the press. When things aren't going His way on the pitch, he becomes sullen, insular, his head drops, he starts trying to force things on the ball and he's not good enough to do that which makes it spiral.

I get your point re a lack of confidence, but I think it's more than that.

I think the attitude issue goes right through the academy as I said - add to Rashford the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Greenwood, go back as far as Ravel if you want. We are bringing young lads through who think they've already made it, and lack the mentality to make the most of their ability. In my view, while it's easy to blame individual players, it's getting to the stage where it seems like the club is failing these young men somehow.

RuudTom83

With the speed the club works it’s best any contract renewal is put on the back burner until the window closes…

If PSG do make a bid then hallelujah. But we all know that’s not gonna happen, and this is just another story to bother Ten Hag with when he has a million other things to worry about.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I officially don't have a clue about football as I just do not, and never have, seen the player that those at the top of the game seem to when they watch Marcus Rashford.
He's off form and had a shit season last year. But there aren't many players who are left winters who have the mix of attributes that he does, or have actually shown it like he did between 2019 and 2021. His pace, shooting, movement, dribbling that he can do (when confident), passing and crossing he is capable of... The guy needs/needed a psychologist, but clubs will be all over a player with his qualities if available because they would feel like they can get him performing to his abilities again. Just as Ten Hag will feel he can. You don't write off a player after a bad season when they are capable of being 100m players and were just that not a whole long time ago.

KeanoMagicHat

Because he's young, he's talented, he's got a lot of name value, and he has shown he can score goals at a high level.

Two years ago how much would you have expected Rashford to be worth? Would be near £100m I imagine... obviously the last 18 months lower that valuation significantly, but it doesn't suddenly mean he's a £20/£30m pound player as some here are claiming - We sold Dan James for £25m, and Rashford is worth significantly more then that.
The difference is that Rashford is on a lot higher salary, last I saw it was 4 times what Dan James was on, so if PSG match Rashford's wages, he signs a 4 year deal and sees out the deal, then he is on an additional £40 million on top of the transfer fee, whereas for the same salary Dan James is only worth £10 million on top of the transfer fee.

I agree £25m would be cheap, but considering his form and salary, last year of his contract the chance to move him on, I think £40-50m in a fantastic offer and £60m is an unbelievable offer.

Rolaholic

Yeap. It's embarrassing. Zero sense of loyalty especially to one of our own. Worst set of 'supporters' in the League.
Yet we like to act shocked when players don't want to join anymore :lol: :houllier:

Playing for us is a thankless proposition and at other clubs at least you've got a chance at trophies regardless of any abuse.

There's hardly been a player signed over the last 10 years who has left the club with a better reputation than they had prior.

AndySmith1990

Yet we like to act shocked when players don't want to join anymore :lol: :houllier:

Playing for us is a thankless proposition and at other clubs at least you've got a chance at trophies regardless of any abuse.
That's just bollocks. Players here are adored when they do well, and supported for a lot longer than they would be at many other clubs.

The reason players aren't interested in joining has nothing to do with Joe Blogs on RedCafe slagging off Rashford and Co. It's because we're a shambles of a club that has been steadily declining for years.

Telsim

:lol: some on here really do have agendas!

I suggest some step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air.

Conjuring up revisionist history out of nowhere.
I've always seen this word thrown around by you lot, but it always refers to something vague or implied. I've never seen an explanation as to what this "agenda" might possibly be that makes criticizing Rashford have a sinister motive as opposed to criticizing any other player and holding him to the same standard as everyone else.

bosnian_red

The difference is that Rashford is on a lot higher salary, last I saw it was 4 times what Dan James was on, so if PSG match Rashford's wages, he signs a 4 year deal and sees out the deal, then he is on an additional £40 million on top of the transfer fee, whereas for the same salary Dan James is only worth £10 million on top of the transfer fee.

I agree £25m would be cheap, but considering his form and salary, last year of his contract the chance to move him on, I think £40-50m in a fantastic offer and £60m is an unbelievable offer.
He has a an option for a further year, so really it's 2 years left. That's a garbage offer. The only offer that makes sense for Rashford is one where you can replace him with someone who can offer what the staff believes Rashford can offer. And that's a 100m player.

Rolaholic

That's just bollocks. Players here are adored when they do well, and supported for a lot longer than they would be at many other clubs.

The reason players aren't interested in joining has nothing to do with Joe Blogs on RedCafe slagging off Rashford and Co. It's because we're a shambles of a club that has been steadily declining for years.
We also boo our own on the pitch quite often to go with the incessant abuse online. It's naive to think that players in the game don't talk to each other and paint pictures of how they're treated.

Add that on to the fact that we're irrelevant on the pitch in regards to top honors and it's no shock why we never get the up and coming stars anymore. Hardly worth the hassle or extra wages they might earn here when there's much more attractive propositions at other clubs without the toxicity.

Our pull with the elite has become all but non-existent without Fergie

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He has a an option for a further year, so really it's 2 years left. That's a garbage offer. The only offer that makes sense for Rashford is one where you can replace him with someone who can offer what the staff believes Rashford can offer. And that's a 100m player.
Does someone really believes that Rashford is worth a 100M player?

KeanoMagicHat

Dele Alli was worth £150 million on transfermarket only 3 or 4 years ago. Then he lost his form gradually, and his stock plummeted then Spurs couldn't sell him until Everton got him on a free with certain requirements to pay, but still way, way off his once valuation. Alli's only 26, there's a chance that Rashford goes the same way as Alli based on his football since the Euros. This is a rare chance to sell a seemingly out of form United player when his stock is still high enough to justify a £60m offer. Who else at the club is worthy of a £60m offer?

bosnian_red

Dele Alli was worth £150 million on transfermarket only 3 or 4 years ago. Then he lost his form gradually, and his stock plummeted then Spurs couldn't sell him until Everton got him on a free with certain requirements to pay, but still way, way off his once valuation. Alli's only 26, there's a chance that Rashford goes the same way as Alli based on his football since the Euros. This is a rare chance to sell a seemingly out of form United player when his stock is still high enough to justify a £60m offer. Who else at the club is worthy of a £60m offer?
Ok who do you replace him with? Gakpo for 45m who has shown far less, is slower, heavier, less agile, not as good of a dribbler or passer as Rashford? Antony who scored a massive 12 goals in all competitions in the Dutch league as his best season for 80m?

Goalscoring wingers with pace are fecking expensive. 60m doesn't get you anyone good. It gets you an unproven punt who isn't even seen as an elite talent. Rashford is somebody who had 1 horrible season, in a season where everyone else played garbage and he was not an exception. Its very different to Dele Alli. If he has another shit season, then sure. As of now, he had 1 bad year and as a club we should all expect him to get back to the prior season form at the very least.

KeanoMagicHat

Ok who do you replace him with? Gakpo for 45m who has shown far less, is slower, heavier, less agile, not as good of a dribbler or passer as Rashford? Antony who scored a massive 12 goals in all competitions in the Dutch league as his best season for 80m?

Goalscoring wingers with pace are fecking expensive. 60m doesn't get you anyone good. It gets you an unproven punt who isn't even seen as an elite talent. Rashford is somebody who had 1 horrible season, in a season where everyone else played garbage and he was not an exception. Its very different to Dele Alli. If he has another shit season, then sure. As of now, he had 1 bad year and as a club we should all expect him to get back to the prior season form at the very least.
I hope so and I like Rashford and am willing to give him a chance, but it's such a rare opportunity to sell an underperforming player for big money. This would make him the third biggest sale in the history of the club. Also Alli was arguably better than Rashford before his fall, he was twice Young Player of the Year, England starter and key player.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
maybe they feel sorry for us! or don't want him to ever score a late penalty against them again...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
my first through is the move would be best for both parties... do they have anyone we could ask for in a swap deal?

House Mkhitaryan

After one bad season in a completely dysfunctional side under Ole (where he may have played through injury), people here want to dump him when we have no depth up front and with no indication the club has any clue in how to replace him. In the previous season (20-21), even with a run of bad form late in the year, he managed 19 goals, 9 assists in 43 starts between the EPL, ECL and EL.

Looked good in preseason and it would be criminal not to at least give him a chance in ETH's system. If his drop in form continues, we sell next summer when we have the entire window to find a replacement.

Giggsy13

PSG did their due diligence and made an inquiry. This fecking chancer Rashford who’s played like shit for 2 years thinks he could leverage that!? FFS the lack of self awareness with this squad. Shut up and play better then maybe you’ll get paid.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
After one bad season in a completely dysfunctional side under Ole (where he may have played through injury), people here want to dump him when we have no depth up front and with no indication the club has any clue in how to replace him. In the previous season (20-21), even with a run of bad form late in the year, he managed 19 goals, 9 assists in 43 starts between the EPL, ECL and EL.

Looked good in preseason and it would be criminal not to at least give him a chance in ETH's system. If his drop in form continues, we sell next summer when we have the entire window to find a replacement.
am I right that he got just four league goals last season? sorry, but that's nowhere near good enough. that's not a "dip" in form... it's bloody horrendous

studs

Would he survive outside of Manchester if he was to go to PSG, I think he'd just lose all heart if it happened.