Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

Castia

Can see him failing at PSG and within 18 months he’s loaned to Everton or Villa.

Not sure what happened to him but he’s been terrible for too long.

Chairman Steve

Can see him failing at PSG and within 18 months he’s loaned to Everton or Villa.

I can visualise it now. The media will deem it as a massive coup for that team to get ‘league winner Rashford‘.

He scores on his debut (his debut undoubtedly against us because written in the stars and all that trite) then the honeymoon period goes by fast, and reality sets in for that club.

Trequarista10

23 pages?!

Is this an actual link, or are people just giddy over the thought of potentially getting a sizeable fee for him?

crossy1686

career ending
His contract is up next summer but we have the option for an extra year. He either takes a massive paycut, at least 50% and signs a new 3 year deal, or we don't exercise the option and we sell him to the highest bidder.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d be gutted if we sold him as I think he can be a good squad option but I’m starting to be increasingly of the opinion that he’s not going to be at the required level ever to make us title challengers.

I think ETH could coach him to be a good inside forward but not a great one.

Maybe it’s time to let him move on. I’m sure he’d do well in Ligue 1 and at PSG surrounded by quality players he’d thrive especially as a possible Mbappe replacement a year early.

I just think we’ve ruined him mentally and I don’t see him overcoming that here.

A real shame but I don’t think I’ll be looking back at this post end of season eating my words and I’m absolutely gutted about it.

ZenMaster Coltrane

Someone explain this obsession with keeping players once they're over 20 for like 4,5 years, hoping they develop into some world class player. That's well past enough time to know where they rank, what their levels are and how consistent they are. This emotional attachment is completely counterproductive.

Real Name

What happened to the guy, such a sad story. Right now we can't sell him but it seems more and more he doesn't have a future at United.

Marcus

Sell to fund incomings. I don't care that we have the same name.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
His brother (agent) has been speaking to PSG, it's verified.
Doesn't mean much though, if his brother calls Luis Campos, Campos is going to pick up. PSG making an actual offer is a huge stretch, it's highly possible his brother called PSG just so he can say he's talking to PSG, then leaked it to all his contacts in the media (because considering how this whole thing unfolded, it was obviously a global planned leak).

CarbonStoolBites

If we had to keep Ronaldo to sell Marcus, would you be happy?
Don’t know about happy, but Ronaldo won’t be our problem by the end of the season anymore.
If Rashford stays he’ll probably get a 350k per week contract and we’ll be stuck with a player who is clearly not the same player he was 2-3 years ago.
Perhaps a change of scenery will do wonders for him, hell, he’ll be guaranteed winning titles and playing the final stages of the CL at least, he could tell his grandkids he played in the same team with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe, as well as Ronaldo, that’s a great career.

I like Rashford, but not every academy player has to retire here.
Take PSG’s money.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Based on his form over last 18 months he isn’t worth more than 15m to be honest.

But based on his reputation, age and peak ceiling, he would worth over 60m I guess.

So in the end, we would probably get somewhere in between, I’d say 30-40m.

Born2Lose

I'm not so sure, he does well in friendlies and let's be honest playing in the French league is essentially playing friendlies every week.

I wonder if what's really behind it though is if he's another PR signing for PSG, if they think he's useful in promoting Qatar and sportswashing.

Money doesn't matter to them, they signed Herrera for crazy wages and everytime I've seen him he comes off the bench.

If he goes, they won't put up with him and his brother's crap over there.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
We should be pushing for £50m minimum with some performance related payments. He’s at a great age for PSG and has shown with the right coach and tactics can easily get 20 goals plus another 5-10 assists a season.

That £50m could allow us to go out and buy a striker and a RB.

Irwin99

I'd be astonished if all this is real. If it is, it could actually be a really good deal for both United and Rashford. It'd be a fresh start for the player and a moving toward the rebuild for the club. I wish him well if he goes.

croadyman

I'd be astonished if all this is real. If it is, it could actually be a really good deal for both United and Rashford. It'd be a fresh start for the player and a moving toward the rebuild for the club. I wish him well if he goes.
Yeah same here

Lyng

I have a feeling if he leaves the "inside the dressing room" reports in the Athletic would suddenly stop...

Alemar

It would be very good, absolutely. If only we could also send Maguire and McTominay alongside him, would be even better

Vapor trail

In a summer that United lost Greenwood, Pogba, Matic, Lingard and haven't seemingly replaced those positions with the exception of a free transfer in Eriksen, what makes everyone so confident the club will go about dilligently replacing Rashford. United have some of the worst hierarchy in the league in Murtough and Arnold there should be minimal confidence if Rashford is sold to expect a replacement within the same window. That is wishful thinking. A close source to Ajax also stated that Anthony would have second guesses joining United this late in the window too.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why would he agree to a move that would see him be a bench option at 1st?

Is he willing to wait a season not being a first XI player?

If he did, it'd validate the claims of him not caring as much about football.

Theo88

What happened to the guy, such a sad story. Right now we can't sell him but it seems more and more he doesn't have a future at United.
he does. as long as he re-signs for something like £5-7m per year and he gets reduced to a bench role. (he's never gonna go for that in Utd, will most likely end up signing for Roma for same money and a bruised ego)

He'd be a solid player for 20 minutes per game, and then playing against weaker sides on europa or whatever. We're acting as if he is a world beater currently. When that changes so will the expectations and the perception hopefully.

scottser

hmmm. chicken? no, dog.. could be dog,,? maybe cow? no, it's bull. definitely bull shit.

Real Name

he does. as long as he re-signs for something like £5-7m per year and he gets reduced to a bench role. (he's never gonna go for that in Utd, will most likely end up signing for Roma for same money and a bruised ego)

He'd be a solid player for 20 minutes per game, and then playing against weaker sides on europa or whatever. We're acting as if he is a world beater currently. When that changes so will the expectations and the perception hopefully.
Agreed. Problem is the club seem to treat him as a poster boy at the moment. As if they want to force the whole issue of him being a future United star.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
You believe this shit? PSG wants him?
Been widely reported form sources in France and England. I also find it easy to believe Mbappe would like to have him at the club.

Seems fairly accepted that Rashford's brother met them too.

croadyman

Been widely reported form sources in France and England. I also find it easy to believe Mbappe would like to have him at the club.

Seems fairly accepted that Rashford's brother met them too.
Hakimi surely the best fit for what we need

lex talionis

Selling Rashford would allow us to play Sancho on the left, where he’s clearly more effective.

All things considered, 40m is about right to part ways with Marcus. A shame that over the last 24 months he’s performed as though he’s had the parking brake on. He played far too long with injury, waited too long for the surgery and his head got fukked for a variety of reasons. Best for all parties that he move on.

If a sale is no longer possible, perhaps a season long loan to a European club so that he can escape the cauldron of the British media and PL chaos and hopefully rebuild his confidence.