Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed.

McTominay et al put in one good performance and it is incredibly reactionary. You just get folk crawling out of the woodwork over the pure basics.

I can't take this fanbase seriously considering how cultish it became around Ole.

He clearly was offside - - however, a tolerance level has been put in place for offside calls this season.

Like I said, reactionary children.
You know, back in the days, when a striker made a run from the last defender like that, we used to call it a 'perfectly timed run', now with VAR, the runs have to be timed even more perfectly to not get ruled out on a replay, but for some reason you've chosen to double down and call it a clear offside?

The linesman, the ref, the 4th official and VAR all said onside, only TAA protested in hope more than anything. Rashford celebrated like he knew he was onside.

You've had a fecking nightmare here sunshine.

TheGame

Start with curbing yours, in that case.
I agree with him. It's inane and puerile to throw a tantrum because you don't like someone's posts. If you disagree with anything in it, you can easily address it without resorting to the silly "never promote this (insert newbie username)"
This is someone who insists the goal was offside after the officials clearly said it was on and says ETH doesn't rate Rashford. Yep I call that shit posting.

Redbandito

Don’t always agree with you but last sentence sums it up perfectly, people moaning when he doesn’t play well & when he does still having a go.

He’s more than earns a season under EtH, the level of disdain goes beyond his on pitch performances.

Again summing it up perfectly.

If as a United fan you can not be happy for an academy product having a good game against one of Europes better sides then I don’t know what will appease you.
I’m not a Tori…nor am I from England. I have no agenda other than to see United win. I am thrilled that Rashford, an academy product, had a good game. It was great to see him smile in the interview. I want him to enjoy football and to play well as long as he represents Manchester United. I still thought he had many disgraceful performances over the last two years where he didn’t play for the badge and moped around the field, and I would sell him, even after yesterday, if there was a legitimate offer on the table. If he stays, we need to see the level of effort he put out yesterday, every game.

worldinmotion66

Why are you crying?

I don't get these low IQ takes. "Oh no, someone says something I don't like so don't promote him!".

His first goal as a starter in 460+ days. 460+ days. Drill that into your skull. We've sunk to our lowest in decades and he's been a regular.

So called "fans" like you lower the standard of the club. Support a different club, genuinely.

One performance. Just one mediocre performance is enough to get the reactionary children to jump up and down and sink us into mediocrity.

He is not good enough. Sell. Sell. Sell.
No offence, but I personally think you're the one coming across as childish here.

The guy is 24 and really suffered with injury and confidence. It's the first real low point he's had in his career and he's struggled to deal with the pressure. But he wasn't the only player not performing last season. Good managers know how to motivate, inspire and play to a player's strengths. I don't feel that he's really had that for most of his career.

There's clearly a player in there, his pace, movement off the ball and finishing are exceptional. If we can get him working hard and feeling confident again, he's a major weapon. You can't even compare him to Elanga. You just know Rashford would bury the chance Elanga missed yesterday. He's so clinical in that position.

Whether he's suited to our style of play when we dominate possession is another question. But he's certainly effective on the counter when we have a lead and he's not someone that we can afford to lose at the moment.

Lecland07

Agreed.

McTominay et al put in one good performance and it is incredibly reactionary. You just get folk crawling out of the woodwork over the pure basics.

I can't take this fanbase seriously considering how cultish it became around Ole.

He clearly was offside - - however, a tolerance level has been put in place for offside calls this season.

Like I said, reactionary children.
Don't get your point, at all. He was either onside or offside, and he was onside. There is no debate about this - that is the ruling of offsides.

Tallis

Looks like he and Martial would rotate upfront. Antony and Sancho on wings with Elanga as backup. Then maybe we develop another of the youth as a 6th forward.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Why are you crying?

I don't get these low IQ takes. "Oh no, someone says something I don't like so don't promote him!".

His first goal as a starter in 460+ days. 460+ days. Drill that into your skull. We've sunk to our lowest in decades and he's been a regular.

So called "fans" like you lower the standard of the club. Support a different club, genuinely.

One performance. Just one mediocre performance is enough to get the reactionary children to jump up and down and sink us into mediocrity.

His goal was ruled onside and it was a goal that helped us win yesterday.

DutchCruijff

Please, sell this guy.

He was poor vs Liverpool and utterly poor today too.

You can fool some who are like children over one goal but fundamentally he is useless vs low block sides and hit and miss vs high line sides.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why are you crying?

What's funny to me is that your opinion was the consensus opinion on the Caf all summer, up until Rashford's goal on Monday. I guess that's all it takes for most posters to change their minds around here.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Awful today. If there’s serious interest we should get that money in and get Gakpo and/or Memphis for the left.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He worked hard and is a bigger aerial presence than a few years ago. Held the ball well I think.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He’s literally only good when he has half the pitch to run into space. Did he hold the ball up once today? Seriously, couldn’t be further from a striker if he tried. Don’t even recall any point where he ran at a defender.

valeron21

Did he play the fully 90? I saw him on the pitch after the final whistle and was still wearing his shirt but I was watching in A bar in Albania with the sound off but would be really surprised if he managed 90 as I don’t remember seeing him at all since the first half

DutchCruijff

Did he play the fully 90? I saw him on the pitch after the final whistle and was still wearing his shirt but I was watching in A bar in Albania with the sound off but would be really surprised if he managed 90 as I don’t remember seeing him at all since the first half
He played the full 90 and was absolutely anonymous in the second half.

He's a genuinely flawed footballer.

MrEleson

:lol:

croadyman

He’s literally only good when he has half the pitch to run into space. Did he hold the ball up once today? Seriously, couldn’t be further from a striker if he tried. Don’t even recall any point where he ran at a defender.
Yeah that's only time he looks good

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks like he and Martial would rotate upfront. Antony and Sancho on wings with Elanga as backup. Then maybe we develop another of the youth as a 6th forward.
Not at all. Rashford is left wing if Martial is fit. Without martial, yeah we have nobody so it's Rashford. If we get Antony and Memphis, it's Antony, Rashford and Sancho rotating on the wing which is the intention imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd still sell him. He's just not got the technical qualities required and his flair / ability to make things happen has completely disappeared. Players like him and Elanga kill our ability to dominate and control games as they lose possesion with minimal pressure.

If he were on lower wages, him being backup to Sancho and possibly Antony for awhile would work but he's paid big money and he isn't worth half of it right now.

croadyman

I'd still sell him. He's just not got the technical qualities required and his flair / ability to make things happen has completely disappeared. Players like him and Elanga kill our ability to dominate and control games as they lose possesion with minimal pressure.

If he were on lower wages, him being backup to Sancho and possibly Antony for awhile would work but he's paid big money and he isn't worth half of it right now.
Yeah I would too he's a saleable asset, allow us to get Antony and top striker too

Tarrou

I doubt PSG will want to spunk a load of cash on him when he's available for free next summer

it's not like they need him for the first 11 anyway

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I doubt PSG will want to spunk a load of cash on him when he's available for free next summer

it's not like they need him for the first 11 anyway
We can extend his contract by a year and sell him next summer.

Master Yoda

We cant hold the ball at all up front. Elanga is allergic to a ball, cant hold it longer than 1 sec, 2 tops if he has little space to run. Rashford is more expierenced than Elanga and gets to hold the ball for a second longer then we have Ronaldo who really doesnt give 2 cents, he cant be bothered. Our front 3 is mid table at best. Solid defence will get us Uefa league, but we need to kill games in order to fight for champions league again.

We need a open heart surgery up front, replace all except for Sancho.

croadyman

We cant hold the ball at all up front. Elanga is allergic to a ball, cant hold it longer than 1 sec, 2 tops if he has little space to run. Rashford is more expierenced than Elanga and gets to hold the ball for a second longer then we have Ronaldo who really doesnt give 2 cents, he cant be bothered. Our front 3 is mid table at best. Solid defence will get us Uefa league, but we need to kill games in order to fight for champions league again.

We need a open heart surgery up front, replace all except for Sancho.
We can't rip up front three in 4 days

ROFLUTION

You see the same pattern in big players who have lost the motivation/legs before. Rooney, like Rashford, could set himself up for the big games and be motivated for that one game, and then fade in mostly other games. Pogba had this problem too (not lost his legs though). Hopefully Rashford can be as hungry and active in all games as in the Liverpool game, but it’s very optimistic to guess he’ll be that.

DutchCruijff

Sell. Sharpish.

Any club with any pragmatism would sell him.

Too many low IQ emotional takes on him after he puts in one good performance out of 100.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol: I was wondering why someone was complaining about people's IQs on a football forum, then read the next poster's tagline...

Is this a new age version of small weener obsession?

Master Yoda

:lol: I was wondering why someone was complaining about people's IQs on a football forum, then read the next poster's tagline...

Why are you suprised when IQ is related to football in any sense? Understanding of the game and how it should be played could be translated in IQ. Every player is a chess piece so they say.

redcucumber

Why are you suprised when IQ is related to football in any sense? Understanding of the game and how it should be played could be translated in IQ. Every player is a chess piece so they say.
IQ is outdated and completely meaningless when applied to footballers.

Chief123

Wonder how many on here would keep him vs. Selling and reinvesting
I wouldn’t have an issue selling him as long as the money was reinvested in a quality replacement. I don’t think he’s indispensable. Plenty of better options out there.

But wouldn’t want to sell him if it meant we ended up using the money to have an Obertan, Owen type window.

Chief123

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/frenkie-de-jong-the-last-muppeting-lap.467252/post-29233049

croadyman

I wouldn’t have an issue selling him as long as the money was reinvested in a quality replacement. I don’t think he’s indispensable. Plenty of better options out there.

But wouldn’t want to sell him if it meant we ended up using the money to have an Obertan, Owen type window.
Yeah that is a very valid concern especially when those leeches have already done that once