Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good or bad games, he will always gets chances. He makes so many runs and always a threat.

Swiss_Red89

Two bad misses from Rashy, but apart from them this was by far his best performance since the Liverpool FA Cup Game. He looked hungry, confident, hardworking and seemed to enjoy beeing out there. I often missed this fire in him recently. I enjoyed watching him tonight.

Against a teams that wants to play football and has a high line he's more often than not unplayable. The problem is, we more often than not face a low block. But you can tell he is aware of it and knows that he has to improve in thus circumstanes. He obvoiously also has the get more concistency in his finishing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Brilliant tonight. Kicked on really well after that missed chance, assisted two, and scored another. Still gets an absolute kicking on here though. Obviously he's not a perfect player, but FFS some people need to calm down. They're absolutely frothing at the mouth when he misses a chance :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone who thinks Rashford has been as poor as Martial this season needs to give their head a wobble.

He's not perfect but when he's good he's very good.

He needs to work on his first time finishing though - he's just not very good at it.

Red & White

Was disappointed with the second miss in the first half, in particular, but he played well tonight and looked bright. His ability to keep going after missing chances is a good thing but he could be so much better if he could find that consistency in front of goal. Looked sharp, though, and hopefully he takes that into the Newcastle game and bags a goal or two.

DoomSlayer

Rashford played well despite the missed chances. Scored, assisted and played a huge part in another goal.

Over the last 12 months he's put a lot of work into the creative side of his game and it's paid dividends this season. He's a far more rounded player than he was this time last year. If he can improve on his finishing he'd be close to world class.
He will be world class if those missed chances start going in. His passing is amazing now, I'd say he does at least one wonderball or world class cross a game these days, his general passes are consistent, his technique is almost perfect when given time on the ball.

I did give myself one of the biggest (and most painful :lol:) facepalms when Marcus missed that first-time finish, he should have scored and I expect him to improve on that, even if he never becomes a Van Nistelrooy type of finisher.

Devil may care

Couple of blind alley runs aside it was a good outing from Marcus and it was good to see him get on the score sheet and then get 30 minutes rest.

Sylar

Missed two chances and was selfish for a few moments but when he got his head up he was involved in our first two goals then got his deserved one for our third

He reminds me of Nani ha

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Excellent. Even off-form he's a threat, but on-form he has passing, speed, and finishing, very difficult to stop everything.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sometimes wish he would just thrash the ball when near goal. He clearly isn't the type of finisher that can just place the ball cooly past the keeper consistently in the bottom corner, so I'd rather he play to his strengths and lash it a bit more to put some pressure on the keeper dealing with a screamer coming at his goal

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
17 goals and 12 assists in February. Guy is a brilliant player and ridiculously productive. His end product will only improve too, as he's very young and thats pretty much his only weakness (decision making). We're lucky to have someone like him come out of the academy and he'll be a starter and key player for a long time to come thankfully.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeh can’t disagree with that. Doesn’t change the fact he’s bloody frustrating.
This is the thing though. I don't find players like him frustrating like so many other seem to do. Yes we know he will make some bad mistakes but we also know he comes up with the big moments for us.

I find players who disappear and show no fight far more frustrating.

The Rashford bashing seems to be from fans who clearly have no clue about the player he is. They seem to want him to be a City player who always choose the right pass. He isn't that player. Never will be.

kundalini

Got a goal and made important passes for both of Fernandes' goals. Wasted two big chances, shooting straight at the keeper. Likes to run straight into a crowd of opposing defenders.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just a constant menace. Despite missing two chances, he never hides. Kept running in behind and thankfully got his goal. Superb assist for Bruno, too.

el3mel

Watching the goals now he really played a big part in both first 2 goals, beside his finish in the third one was great. Don't know what his performance was mostly like since I didn't watch the first 68 minutes or so but this is a great output. More of this please.

acnumber9

This is the thing though. I don't find players like him frustrating like so many other seem to do. Yes we know he will make some bad mistakes but we also know he comes up with the big moments for us.

The Rashford bashing seems to be from fans who clearly have no clue about the player he is. They seem to want him to be a City player who always choose the right pass. He isn't that player. Never will be.
I’m the same. Give me a player missing chances over one not getting them every time.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm sure Ole has told Rashford to take players on, which he does, and very often gets the better of them, but when confronted by two or three defenders he needs to pick out a supporting player. Finishing still needs work, hopefully watching Cavani will help.
All in all I would want Rashford in my team rather than not.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Brilliant tonight. Kicked on really well after that missed chance, assisted two, and scored another. Still gets an absolute kicking on here though. Obviously he's not a perfect player, but FFS some people need to calm down. They're absolutely frothing at the mouth when he misses a chance :lol:
I enjoy how the team and players do this to people. Imagine not being able to enjoy your club playing well and winning. Losers. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good or bad games, he will always gets chances. He makes so many runs and always a threat.
They say the good players will always be there to receive high quality chances through their movement so Rashford's definitely doing something right.
Anyone who thinks Rashford has been as poor as Martial this season needs to give their head a wobble.

He needs to work on his first time finishing though - he's just not very good at it.
Yeah, it's not even really close. Rashford's inconsistent but he's still been very important to us and his productivity has helped us out tremendously.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I enjoy how the team and players do this to people. Imagine not being able to enjoy your club playing well and winning. Losers. :lol:
It really is insane.

"Sell him" "He's shit" "He's arrogant; he thinks he's better than Messi!" "He has a low IQ!"

No player is beyond criticism, and they can always improve. But come on...:lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very good tonight, they couldn't get near him.

But his finishing at times is poor, it's something he really needs to improve on. I hope he's focusing on that in training, seems when he has time and has to pick a side to shoot at, he takes a extra touch and messes up the chance. The chance Bruno set up for him should have been banged in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If anyone needed a goal tonight...

His finish has been atrocious lately. Loves a back pass to the goalie don't he?

Lets hope getting on the scoresheet will get Rashford's head right. He should have scored half a dozen goals in recent weeks.

Rossa

He is much better than Martial this season, but he still needs to improve. The finishing for those two missed chances, especially the second, are diabolical. I think he was good today. If people are slagging him off after this performance, I think people need to take a careful look in a mirror.

Dan_F

This. And he’s clearly not coached to be. Ole wants him running at defenders.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He is much better than Martial this season, but he still needs to improve. The finishing for those two missed chances, especially the second, are diabolical. I think he was good today. If people are slagging him off after this performance, I think people need to take a careful look in a mirror.
His shooting is pretty much always better when he can set himself... He's not the best instinctive finisher which is unusual I suppose because with a lot of players it's the other way around when out of form.

But yeah when he's got time with the ball /dribbling and can set himself I feel like he's a more reliable finisher

Rossa

His shooting is pretty much always better when he can set himself... He's not the best instinctive finisher which is unusual I suppose because with a lot of players it's the other way around when out of form.

But yeah when he's got time with the ball /dribbling and can set himself I feel like he's a more reliable finisher
Agreed!

He was good tonight. Sociedad was the perfect game for him.

His passing from deep has been a noticeable weapon since football came back from the first lockdown. I do think sometimes he falls in love with it, and goes to it too often instead of commiting his man and running at defenders - but there was a nicer balance tonight.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I just want to see him be a bit more greedy again. The chance he created for Bailly was a great example. Just get the shot off, Rashers. Stop hesitating or giving it to someone else, unless there’s something obvious.
Yeah but what about that one where he dribbled into the box from the half way line then lost it. Therefore a shit player!!

No really he's awesome and I love him and I wouldn't sell him for anyone in the world.

Stacks

He will always get chances because his movement, speed and aggression is good. He will always miss chances because his finishing is so/so. He will always score goals. He will always create chances because he has good vision.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
There was variety to his game, this is what people were crying out for a season or two ago when he was just running into danger all the time. He uses that killer pass from the inside channel, he runs at players and he is making dangerous runs. Yes, his finishing could be better but this is what you see from the likes of Salah, they'll miss 2 chances but they're menacing and in the game enough to get a third chance and score from it. No concerns about his development - just keep him on the left, I just hope we can get something on the right side.

jem

If ever there were a game that sums up the exhilarating/frustrating enigma that is Marcus Rashford, this was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.