Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure he has a shoulder injury, but who does that mean he can't run anymore, can't control the ball properly? it's just a needless excuse.

I get not contesting for headers in case of falling on it, but he's happy enough when knocking it through a players legs and running the other side.

Just sounds like an excuse for poor form IMO.

UncleBob

And that's fair. I'll also say that it's bearable for a while but then really starts to grate as things worsen. This seems consistent with his demeanour lately, too.
It would also be consistent with him opting out of pretty much every header.

My point was more or less the timing of the article. The shoulder injury was debated back in november.

UncleBob

I'm sure he has a shoulder injury, but who does that mean he can't run anymore, can't control the ball properly? it's just a needless excuse.

I get not contesting for headers in case of falling on it, but he's happy enough when knocking it through a players legs and running the other side.

Just sounds like an excuse for poor form IMO.
Running with a fecked shoulder isn't very comfortable

It'll also effect the way you rotate your body when trying to control a ball, expecting the pain will mean that you naturally prevent yourself from doing the full movement you'd otherwise do without hesitation..

Raven

If it's a serious injury and will require surgery, he should not play for us again until it's fixed.

-Supreme-

If you hold someone by the arm as they are trying to run off, it's gonna hurt if there's any existing shoulder issue.

If Rashford was hurt by the faintest of touch then he surely would be hurt in almost all challenges and any time he has a minor contact with anyone.

Every players would be described as injured if we simply go by their reactions when a challenge or slight contact is made on the field.

Foxbatt

Why is an injured player playing all these matches? The manager should not be playing him. It will destroy his career.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He plays nothing like a striker. He can't even stay onside!
How does he not play like a striker? He's not creative in the middle third, can't deliver the ball properly and when he gets into dribbling situations he just tries to score. If that isn't a striker, I don't know what is. He's dross on the flanks. and I don't want to watch it anymore.

Adam-Utd

How does he not play like a striker? He's not creative in the middle third, can't deliver the ball properly and when he gets into dribbling situations he just tries to score. If that isn't a striker, I don't know what is. He's dross on the flanks. and I don't want to watch it anymore.
That doesn’t mean he’s a defender either! He’s just playing poorly unfortunately, but he doesn’t play or suit a striker role at all.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford has been crossing amazing recently.

Crosses in to James and Cavani within the last few games have led to assist or clear chances.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
That doesn’t mean he’s a defender either! He’s just playing poorly unfortunately, but he doesn’t play or suit a striker role at all.
Based on you not thinking that he is a defender and that he's offside a lot. Good stuff, great line of thinking there. I think I'll take about 9 years of development at youth level playing up front and playing most of his senior career predominantly as a striker and be happy in the fact that I want to see him play up front or not at all. It just doesn't work when he's left to make decisions in space and in traffic while being 20+ yards from goal.

Hammondo

Has this "injury" been confirmed? Right now it looks like a made-up excuse.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has this "injury" been confirmed? Right now it looks like a made-up excuse.
For being the 2nd or 3rd best player at the club?

It's not his fault that there is no one is above him whose performance is better except Bruno and Shaw.

One minute its said that this team has no tactics and the next moment our players are shit.

There is no consistency in the fans just like the players.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Based on you not thinking that he is a defender and that he's offside a lot. Good stuff, great line of thinking there. I think I'll take about 9 years of development at youth level playing up front and playing most of his senior career predominantly as a striker and be happy in the fact that I want to see him play up front or not at all. It just doesn't work when he's left to make decisions in space and in traffic while being 20+ yards from goal.
He's actually played more on the left than he has up front in the first team.

When Rashford plays as a striker the only thing he does is try to run in behind. He can't hold the ball up, he's poor with his back to goal, he's poor in the air. Rashford's biggest strengths are running at people and ability to cut inside, both of which are more useful as a wide attacker in the same way as Ronaldo, Mane, Salah, etc play. The fact that he's in poor form in general doesn't change that.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He's actually played more on the left than he has up front in the first team.

When Rashford plays as a striker the only thing he does is try to run in behind. He can't hold the ball up, he's poor with his back to goal, he's poor in the air. Rashford's biggest strengths are running at people and ability to cut inside, both of which are more useful as a wide attacker in the same way as Ronaldo, Mane, Salah, etc play. The fact that he's in poor form in general doesn't change that.
All of which he can do up front as a striker, while working on his ability to hold up and link up play if it isn't good enough. Where his natural ability can be focussed into a small box, while getting on the end of chances as well. I prefer not to see him in scenarios where he has acres of space to make midfield and wide player decisions. If they're one on ones and he's bottling them, then fine he can be dropped or rotated.

I don't really care how good or bad he was/is/or can be and/or in what position. He's a striker by mould and I want him to go back to playing up front as first or x choice and then if we absolutely have nobody to play wide because the four other world class players on either flank are injured then he can play there if he can't get a run around up front. The flow on effect will be that would mean having a much better balanced all-round squad and you can get a better picture of what his game actually is. If he's a goalscorer put him in positions to score goals, he clearly over the last year and a bit's of resume is not a wide player. It is a mixed bag of "that was pretty greedy, a lot like a striker", "you didn't have a clue what you were doing there because you didn't look up... much like a striker" and "you went clean through and you fecked it up, don't worry get the next one... like a striker."

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
All of which he can do up front as a striker, while working on his ability to hold up and link up play if it isn't good enough. Where his natural ability can be focussed into a small box, while getting on the end of chances as well. I prefer not to see him in scenarios where he has acres of space to make midfield and wide player decisions. If they're one on ones and he's bottling them, then fine he can be dropped or rotated.

I don't really care how good or bad he was/is/or can be and/or in what position. He's a striker by mould and I want him to go back to playing up front as first or x choice and then if we absolutely have nobody to play wide because the four other world class players on either flank are injured then he can play there if he can't get a run around up front. The flow on effect will be that would mean having a much better balanced all-round squad and you can get a better picture of what his game actually is. If he's a goalscorer put him in positions to score goals, he clearly over the last year and a bit's of resume is not a wide player. It is a mixed bag of "that was pretty greedy, a lot like a striker", "you didn't have a clue what you were doing there because you didn't look up... much like a striker" and "you went clean through and you fecked it up, don't worry get the next one... like a striker."
Last season he played as a striker while Martial was out and he was very poor. The instant Martial came back and Rashford moved back out to the left he started showing the best form of his career. I expect Rashford would be good in a two striker system, but we don't play that and not many teams do anymore. For a one striker system he brings very little that is needed for that role.

You seem to be basing your opinions of Rashford not being a wide player on his current poor form. He's shown previously that he is perfectly suited to that role, not as an old-school winger but as a wide forward. He gets plenty of goals, he gets plenty of assists, he combines well with the fullback, he causes the opposition a lot of trouble by being able to isolate the opposition fullback 1v1 and run at them.

Red00012

Looking forward to another shitshow from him today while he gets left on the field for the full game

pablo__p

I may be old-school fart but I like when my strikers can head a ball. He can't. Often he doesn't even try (another infuriating facet of his game).

Last edited:
Man City 0:2 Man Utd

acnumber9

I hope that injury doesn’t keep him out. I thought he’d a very good game but should’ve shot a couple of times he opted to pass. Says a lot that Guardiola’s first change was to try and stop him.

Adam-Utd

Looks like he twisted his ankle, hopefully nothing too serious!

Ludens the Red

It cost him an injury but that track back he did for that city attack was unbelievable. Had a couple of really lazy performances but ran himself into the ground today.

PoTMS

Hope the injury is not too bad but don't think he was very good again tonight. Could do with a bit of a rest anyway.

spiriticon

Another assist.

Probably should be rested soon though. Ankle and shoulder busted.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good in that second half despite his body looking broke

I wouldn't even think about playing him on Thursday

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Hope he is alright! With Martial hopefully back it wouldn’t be bad to rest him for a couple of games.

The Hilton

Worked hard, but was probably our worst player today (although still gets high marks for his workrate).

The injury might give him a chance to have a rest, which he really needs.

kundalini

Some good moments, got an assist for Shaw's goal, sprinted back to defend against City's counter, resulting in his injury, but wasted several decent situations.

Foxbatt

He was poor today. Yes he passed for Shaw but it was more Shaw doing everything on his own and Henderson should be credited with the assist more.

dal

He’s in the wars, please give him a week off regardless.

Andersons Dietician

His decisions are so weird. Often get on at him for not passing the ball when there are better options but for some reason today he was passing when you kinda want him to take the shot on. It was a total reversal of what he normally does.

Was alright today.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Poor decision making and breaking down promising moves for fun as always really. I was so surprised he made the right choice to feed it to Shaw.

He kept working though and got his assist.

if he worked that hard in the other matches I think there would be less debate about how well he is developing.

andy0

Looks like he twisted his ankle, hopefully nothing too serious!
The way he's holding his foot in one of the BBC website pictures, I'm a bit worried it will turn out to be a metatarsal injury.

Adam-Utd

The way he's holding his foot in one of the BBC website pictures, I'm a bit worried it will turn out to be a metatarsal injury.
I’m not sure how as he didn’t seem to get any contact but his ankle did twist - hard to tell though at speed obviously.

either would be bloody awful news!

Devil may care

Always looked a threat and his combination with Shaw got us the 2nd goal, but if he's going to be out a month or so he should get the shoulder operation now, miss the Euros and get back fit for next season after a good rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.