5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

I don't think Rashy is helping himself with his "i will always help the team and give my absolute all for the club"-attitude. While it is admirable, he has soon to start to listen to his body, otherwise i'm worried about his long term fitness.

Today he clearly wasn't match fit. And while our management is also to blame as they seem to refuse to give him the needed rests, even when he is not fit, he himselfs is the one who has the last say and can decide if he is able to play a game on this level or not.
Yup, well put.

Eternitiy

Very frightened that he has a severe back injury that's going untreated. He will have lots of problems when he retires, playing him through this injury will destroy his body.

Baxter

Time to stop this now. Give him the time he needs to recover and it’s blatantly obvious he’s carrying an issue.

SATA

Keep him at home from the Leicester game. We can do without him for just one game. I also think he’ll withdraw from England duty now. We’ll make a case of it

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Blatantly needs to be rested or something.
Honestly let him rest or recover or whatever he needs.

Roboc7

Shouldn’t have been on the pitch, hopefully he’s given a break and must be withdrawn from England squad.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's not right. A joyless existence out there for him at the moment. And for us.

UncleBob

Must have been forced off with an injury at half time, performance wise he was just about as good as he's been in recent months.

el3mel

He honestly shouldn't have started. Pogba looked fitter than him. Nevermind thank God Ole got it right half time and put Pogba in for him.

RedIan

Probably shouldn’t have started as clearly not fit but cavani and martial out limited options when we had too score.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d rather he pull out injured because frankly he’s an absolute liability playing like this. What’s perhaps more conceding is that Ole can’t see that himself.

PoTMS

Hopefully has a nice rest for a couple of weeks and is back fresh after the international break.

NinjaFletch

I’d rather he pull out injured because frankly he’s an absolute liability playing like this. What’s perhaps more conceding is that Ole can’t see that himself.
Because he is clueless.
We have no options, what can he do? Everyone knows Rashford is playing shit, including Rashford and Ole, but the only option would be to chuck in an 18 year old with about 100 minutes of senior football.

Hopefully he gets a good break and is out of the England squad.

TrustInJanuzaj

We have no options, what can he do? Everyone knows Rashford is playing shit, including Rashford and Ole, but the only option would be to chuck in an 18 year old with about 100 minutes of senior football.

Hopefully he gets a good break and is out of the England squad.
I’m trying my hardest not to lay into Rashford too hard. Love him as a man and I admire his attitude to try and play. It doesn’t change the fact I don’t really enjoy watching him play, and haven’t really all season. I just can’t get over how many poor technical errors he makes, it’s far beyond most players. Maybe that’s partly down to injury though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yup, well put.
Yep. Hurting us more than helping us right now. While it’s heartening to hear that he is pushing through injuries & pain & he ‘will rest when he retires,’ his pushing through is lessening his overall quality average of play & is making his quality floor drop substantially.

It’s time for the club & Rashford to start showing a bit more maturity regarding his current form. Hopefully tonight was the start of that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He’s not clueless but he certainly lacks that but of ingenuity needed to cover for injured players.
He’s not ‘clueless,’ but he is very immature when it comes to footballing intelligence. His recent form is far closer to James than it ever should be.

NinjaFletch

I’m trying my hardest not to lay into Rashford too hard. Love him as a man and I admire his attitude to try and play. It doesn’t change the fact I don’t really enjoy watching him play, and haven’t really all season. I just can’t get over how many poor technical errors he makes, it’s far beyond most players. Maybe that’s partly down to injury though.
It's been getting worse, I agree. I'm not overly worried about him still, but I think he's mentally and physically broken and needs time out. Ferandes's performances have similarly dipped.

The problem is that Martial has been even worse so we've had little choice but to run Rashford into the ground.

We desperately need more attacking depth. We're never going to win the league with 2 good attackers who play every game because if they don't we can't win.

Faetheshire86

Needs to be protected from himself. I understand playing when not 100%, but he looked injured. The first time he broke into anything quicker than a jog, he was limping. International break, might do him good. I assume he will be withdrawn.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Needs to be protected from himself. I understand playing when not 100%, but he looked injured. The first time he broke into anything quicker than a jog, he was limping. International break, might do him good. I assume he will be withdrawn.
How does that work, exactly? Can the club demand / ensure he is withdrawn, is it the player’s call, or does the governing body have the ultimate say?

Foxbatt

He needs to be given time off. He is not contributing anymore so resting him is the best.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Shouldn't be travelling with England. Ideally he should have these 2 weeks off.

Actually thought he made some excellent runs in the first half but nobody was finding him.

TrustInJanuzaj

It's been getting worse, I agree. I'm not overly worried about him still, but I think he's mentally and physically broken and needs time out. Ferandes's performances have similarly dipped.

The problem is that Martial has been even worse so we've had little choice but to run Rashford into the ground.

We desperately need more attacking depth. We're never going to win the league with 2 good attackers who play every game because if they don't we can't win.
Yeh I agree. It doesn’t help that conversely I just absolutely love watching an inform Martial and we have just got nothing from him all season. It’s made it less enjoyable to watch this season and part of it is that I reckon.

Ole'sattheWheel

In full agreement with everyone saying he shouldn't go on the england call up. 2 weeks rest would be perfect for him IMO

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly, I don’t think I’ve watched Rashford play football for a continued period of football over the past 18-24 months without some sort of niggling ankle, shoulder, or back problem.

Brightonian

Shouldn't have started. He's already exhausted, why on earth would Ole risk him if something was hurting in the warm-up? In form and fit, he's obviously a key player for us, but how was he ever going to be any use limping gingerly up and down the pitch like that? Clearly Pogba was raring to play and Diallo was an option too (with James shifting to the left).

I'll be pissed if he goes with England.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Needs a long rest, he's a shadow of his former self.

The blame is on the club for not having adequate replacements.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He needs to be protected. I'd give him a month off if it means you get an extra year out of his career. You could see he was in pain during the last game and people defended ole not making a sub. Just one half later the lad gets an injury. For the guy who is supposed to be local star boy we are running him into the ground. This is not even getting into his footballing weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.