Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep, he should look at how many Greenwood puts in via deflections and take note. Shoot hard and on target from the positions he so often gets himself into and some of them will get in somehow.

Brilliant game though. Little glimpse of just how good he is when not exhausted and carrying injuries. Reminded me of how he was playing before his back went last season.
Like he did against Wolves when he got the winner you mean? Or the goal against PSG at home?

Brightonian

Like he did against Wolves when he got the winner you mean? Or the goal against PSG at home?
Steady on, I'm not criticising the lad - see the rest of my post. Just suggesting a way he could turn a few more of those stellar attacking moves into goals. You can't deny he does like to jink back and forth searching for the unblockable shot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
An international break in which he was injured, travelled anyway, and exacerbated the injury?
Did he play over the break?

Ultimately, my general point is it is odd to me how fans a million miles from OT can say for weeks and months that a player is either too tired or too injured to play while the player and his coaches are saying that isn’t the case. Happens quite a lot, fans determining when a player needs a rest all by themselves, and then analysing performance from such perspective. When it is changing from week to week, it just doesn’t fit, for me.

This isn’t a slight on Rash, I don’t care if he has a bad game, it’s part of football. But a poor game is still a poor game, is all.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Resting him mid week proved beneficial, at times he looked the Rashy post back injury, runing at people with purpose. I hope he stays fit as he is going to be vital for us at this business end to the season.

DoomSlayer

Ultimately, my general point is it is odd to me how fans a million miles from OT can say for weeks and months that a player is either too tired or too injured to play while the player and his coaches are saying that isn’t the case. Happens quite a lot, fans determining when a player needs a rest all by themselves, and then analysing performance from such perspective. When it is changing from week to week, it just doesn’t fit, for me.

This isn’t a slight on Rash, I don’t care if he has a bad game, it’s part of football. But a poor game is still a poor game, is all.
Ole has been speaking publicly about Rashford's injury problems. Before the game, he said it's the first time in a while that Marcus reported in good physical shape. Too bad he came off limping again.

He was very good today but why wont he shoot. Gets himself into so many scoring opportunities only to turn back into trouble.

-Supreme-

Ole has been speaking publicly about Rashford's injury problems. Before the game, he said it's the first time in a while that Marcus reported in good physical shape. Too bad he came off limping again.
Here is the direct quote from Ole just two weeks ago, but people on this forum has been saying his injury problems for at least the past 12 months or more.

I don't have any concerns about Marcus' general fitness at all. Every footballer carries a bit here and there. Very seldom do you say you're 100 per cent fit" says the United chief.

I've been impressed by his resilience and robustness. He wants to play.

He's got a character that even if he feels something, he doesn't want to miss games because he loves Man United and football too much to dip out.

He wants to give everything. That's all credit to him but, of course, the little knocks he's carrying we have got great staff to look after him. But it's not been too big a concern or worry.

There has never been a risk that we felt will damage him. It is just the way it is when you're a professional footballer with a game every three or four days.

It's been relentless this season so we've not had the time.

Sometimes you can send them away for a week to a sunny place and that will hopefully come back again so that we can look after the players

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was very good today but why wont he shoot. Gets himself into so many scoring opportunities only to turn back into trouble.
He sometimes gets himself confused I think. the Fakes work sometimes but once the first one fails he sort of goes "err i'm not sure what to do now" then tries it again and again. He'd be better to just shoot and see what happens or pass it wide and get into the box.

Anyway, he looked really lively today, love it when he's in those moods where he looks quick and direct and pulls out the tricks. The nutmeg for the 1-0 and the flip flap was :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Quality when he's like this, still only 23. He's going to be a 30+ goal a season player soon, I'm convinced of it.

-Supreme-

He also said something else today, before the game.
He did, because Rashford came off with a knock recently.

The point remains is that has he been carrying these shoulder, back or whatever these injuries are like these posters have been commenting the past year?

Brightonian

It's impossible for me to say for certain, sure. But Rashford himself and Ole have both said so on multiple occasions. He is constantly limping, moving gingerly, struggling to pick himself up from the ground. And generally playing like a player without his total stamina and free range of movement. So it's not an entirely uneducated guess.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's really good when he isn't forcing runs. He made the right choices today and I think his dribbling has gone up a level this season with those shoulder drops and dummies.

eire-red

Nice meg on Lowton for the goal, and the flip flap was just filth.

A reminder that Rashford is one of those who can pull something out of thin air. If Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood can have a strong finish to the season with Cavani leading the line, then surely we can cap the season off with a really good finish.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ve obviously had my critiques of him, but, when it is determined that we cannot win the league, why not shut him down in the PL & let him play only in the EL? Or, if we crash out of the EL this round, shit him down for good this season?

jamesjimmybyrondean

He was pretty good in the striker role. He's actually done recently in that position when he's played there since Bruno came

AshRK

The boy needs some rest and he will show consistently how good he is. One week rest today did him wonders. Glad we don't have any football this midweek. One more week rest is what he needs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

And then there are few who genuinely believes "all he does is run fast, no technique" :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There was a point around post-lockdown last year where some posters thought he lost his dribbling ability.
Yeah, tbf he didn't look as quick as he was before. I think he didn't want to put too much pressure on his back and built his fitness bit slowly.

Hopefully we see this Rashford for rest of the season. When he takes on defenders and then mix it up by using Shaw's overlapping runs, the pair is near unstoppable.

lost7

Wow I gave him a 7 but watching it back he had an unbelievable game. Still find it annoying that he sometimes doesn't shoot immediately and instead gets lost in doing fake shots, but when his dribbling is on point and his decision making is sound, he's world class.

Could have easily got 3 assists yesterday

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

And then there are few who genuinely believes "all he does is run fast, no technique" :lol:
The passes to Shaw at 1:10 and 2:06 are bloody brilliant.

Southgate has to play them both down the left side for England for me... why break that partnership?

dal

——————Kane——————
Rashford—Grealish—-Mount

I think if we are talking form you play the above team for England.

With Foden, Sancho, Sterling, DCL on the bench.

I would start Rashford because he’s the only player who has real explosiveness and power which is something different to the rest.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Really love this guy to bits, probably my favourite Mancunian. If he played at another club, we'd all be dying to get him here even if he cost over a 100 million. To get Rashford/Greenwood from the academy, is a huge blessing to this club.

He loves the ''passing the ball in the far corner'' finish. It always looks so stoppable but works every single time in his tenure under Ole.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Along side Shaw, Greenwood and Bruno My favourite player. I cant remember the last time I loved so many of our squad, slabhead included as well of course :)

Keanes Magic Hat

——————Kane——————
Rashford—Grealish—-Mount

I think if we are talking form you play the above team for England.

With Foden, Sancho, Sterling, DCL on the bench.

I would start Rashford because he’s the only player who has real explosiveness and power which is something different to the rest.
Foden has to be in ahead of Mount or Grealish. No one is in better form to be fair, City are prob best team in Europe and he's arguably their most inform player KDB aside

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Along side Shaw, Greenwood and Bruno My favourite player. I cant remember the last time I loved so many of our squad, slabhead included as well of course :)
Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw, Fernandes, Maguire and Pogba ... really does feel like the foundations of a potentially great side.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

That is genuinely one of the best flip flaps I've ever seen. He's sold absolutely everyone there. Unreal performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.