Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He never had a shocking game. :lol: Made a couple of wrong decisions when we countered before the third goal and people make it out like he was terrible. He really has to prove himself again and again on here, the negativity surrounding him is unreal at times.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was fine today, once again played out of position but that cross onto Cavani's head, like the goal against Everton (patten of play you cnuts:lol:)

Frank White

Nothing really to write home about was pretty quite throughout but still chipped in with a very well placed cross, did have 1 or 2 in the first half too but we never had the Cavani threat to finish it off. Hopfully gets a rest against Leicester.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The hatred towards Rashy among our fans is a joke.

35th goal involvement of the season boys. Probably been fit 60% of it too. Just imagine how much more could have come.

RepardReece

He never had a shocking game. :lol: Made a couple of wrong decisions when we countered before the third goal and people make it out like he was terrible. He really has to prove himself again and again on here, the negativity surrounding him is unreal at times.
Agree and disagree. He's quite consistent at making the wrong decisions - today, a few misplaced passes and overweighted passes and not a lot of contribution. But then at some point in every game, he makes that one correct decision that pays off (Cross for Cavani's header today for example) which makes up for it.

I'm a big fan of Rashford, but boy his decision-making annoys me.

Devil may care

I know he's supposed to be fully fit but he isn't moving like it to me, and playing #9 isn't his best position, but the cross for Cavani's goal was perfectly weighted.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agree and disagree. He's quite consistent at making the wrong decisions - today, a few misplaced passes and overweighted passes and not a lot of contribution. But then at some point in every game, he makes that one correct decision that pays off (Cross for Cavani's header today for example) which makes up for it.

Every player makes the wrong decisions sometimes, it’s disingenuous to say he hadn’t contributed before his assist, he had. It’s a bit of an agenda on here to say he has poor matches before making a goal or scoring one, the poor lad needs to play a perfect match to get any credit. Easy to look over the good moments he had throughout the match and hammer home the couple of times he makes an error.

charlenefan

what you've described isn't decision making though it's end product

charlenefan

I know he's supposed to be fully fit but he isn't moving like it to me, and playing #9 isn't his best position, but the cross for Cavani's goal was perfectly weighted.
he's most definitely not fully fit and probably won't be until he gets some prolonged time off (which won't happen anytime soon)

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's been out of sorts for a while but, considering how much football he's played and the constant rumours about him playing with injuries, he surely gets a pass? Even unfit and out of form, he still has an impact in games. Hoping for big things from him next season though.

RepardReece

what you've described isn't decision making though it's end product
Passes too late, hits the ball too hard, decides to run instead of passes, they're all decisions he's made?

Not saying he's not playing well at all, he's doing okay, just things he does can be SO frustrating and it's probably why many people downrate his performances. Cocks up so many big chances. He gets this out of his game, he can be a quality, quality player.

kundalini

Super cross for Cavani's goal. A nicely weighted pass through the lines to Wan-Bissaka whose cross was cut-out in the first half. Wasted one promising counter-attack with an awful pass in the 2nd half. 3 shots from distance.

The United

He always seems hurt. It makes me nervous.

Hopefully, he is clear of whatever is bothering him this season over the summer.

Andersons Dietician

If someone was to tell me he was playing through injury now I would believe them as it looks it. So laboured with poor movement and poor decisions but no doubt that ball to Cavani was superb. The one before that where he fires it was terrible.

Mostly the same issue with him, takes too long to do things, makes the wrong decision 70% of the time. Hopefully next season comes back refreshed injury free and more experienced.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Every player makes the wrong decisions sometimes, it’s disingenuous to say he hadn’t contributed before his assist, he had. It’s a bit of an agenda on here to say he has poor matches before making a goal or scoring one, the poor lad needs to play a perfect match to get any credit. Easy to look over the good moments he had throughout the match and hammer home the couple of times he makes an error.
Yeah, it's like none of our players play well except goals or assists.

Apart from assist, he flicked the ball for Shaw's chance and IIRC he also did for Pogba's chance. Then very good pass behind the defense to play in AWB who had so much space and time to pick his man in the box.

Overall he had good game.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Really needs to not go to the euros. Been an absolute shadow of himself for months now and I suspect he hasn't been fully fit all season, and is still almost at the top of all players in Europe for minutes played. If he goes to the euros when does he ever get a proper break. With Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Sancho etc as other options it would be better for everyone in the long term if he was left at home

Highfather_24

Absolute rubbish.

Needs a long rest/surgery/therapy whatever. Looks a shadow of his former self.

Highfather_24

What a load of nonsense. He wasnt rubbish at all. The cross alone was the best of the entire match.
His cross was good. Take that out and rest of his performance was 4/10 at best. Absolutely horrid.

He has a habit of contributing a goal/assist even when he plays bad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His cross was good. Take that out and rest of his performance was 4/10 at best. Absolutely horrid.

Absolutely horrid? Hahahaha

What nonsense. He wasn't great by any means but he certainly wasn't horrid. Clearly not a Rashford fan are you. Martial FC? Is that it?

35th goal involvement of the season for him. Shuts you bed wetters up nearly every single game with a contribution.

Highfather_24

He's always choosing the wrong option. Is not moving right, maybe he's injured, maybe low on confidence.

Seems like people here saw a different performance. Ehh, agree to disagree.

Highfather_24

Absolutely horrid? Hahahaha

What nonsense. He wasn't great by any means but he certainly wasn't horrid. Clearly not a Rashford fan are you. Martial FC? Is that it?

35th goal involvement of the season for him. Shuts you bed wetters up nearly every single game with a contribution.
You seem pressed. Why is my criticism of his performance bothering you so much? Dont take it so personal :lol:

In case you're wondering, imo Martial should be sold as soon as we get a proper CF in.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I agree that they were all worse. Don't really agree that Rashford wasn't close to being shit.

He looks completely out of it
He was a solid 6. Not spectacular not poor.

The facts are a lot of fans on here don't like him. Why? Because they love old sulky pants Tony Martial.

It's pathetic. Rashford made two bad final passes today. So did Greenwood Pogba and Bruno too.

It's a joke how only his mistakes are highlighted.

mu4c_20le

Some players are judged differently for some reason. Take out Bruno's goals and assists and he too can be made to look average at times.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You seem pressed. Why is my criticism of his performance bothering you so much? Dont take it so personal :lol:

In case you're wondering, imo Martial should be sold as soon as we get a proper CF in.
Because he wasn't what you say he was.

He wasn't in my top 3 or bottom 3. He had a solid yet unspectacular game. He certainly wasn't horrid.

The only horrid thing here is your grasp of the match.

Lindelof was horrid. Fred was horrid first half.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some players are judged differently for some reason. Take out Bruno's goals and assists and he too can be made to look average at times.
So true.

He's got his 35th goal involvement today. That's up there with Messi for the season just to put it out there. And he's been carrying an injury too.

charlenefan

he says like that's a bad thing :lol: :houllier:

OL29

He was a solid 6. Not spectacular not poor.

The facts are a lot of fans on here don't like him. Why? Because they love old sulky pants Tony Martial.

It's pathetic. Rashford made two bad final passes today. So did Greenwood Pogba and Bruno too.

It's a joke how only his mistakes are highlighted.
Are you genuinely incapable of defending one player without getting onto another? Internet fans are the worst.

littleman

I'm not sure if the whole injury carrying thing is overblown. Maybe it really is more than normal players carry, but many elite players carry some sort of issue and play through it.

Regardless Rashford has done really well this season.

My only concern is that the variance in his performance is REALLY high, some of the decisions made still make me wonder if he's growing appropriately as an elite forward. It's OK if your physicality or technique can't make some of the moves you want to play, but some of the simple things are still pretty off.

In any case, very happy to have him and keep him. We still have time to figure out where he'll stack within the team, and given his achievements and attitude, we're willing to give him that time. Next season will be crucial

Swiss_Red89

He's always choosing the wrong option. Is not moving right, maybe he's injured, maybe low on confidence.

Seems like people here saw a different performance. Ehh, agree to disagree.
He's always choosing the wrong option? Why is it then that he contributes in nearly every game? He chooses the correct option more often than not.

The decision to play the ball to Cavani instead of Bruno in the one counter situation was horrible, i agree with this. He still has is brainfarts sometimes, but all in all he is getting more consistent in his decision making imo. Nobody will ever choose the correct option all the time.

Brilliant cross for the goal and okayish performance otherwise. Still doesn't look totaly right in his body language and movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.