Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Neither of them will start for England at the Euros. But even if Sterling is bad at the basics he did won some titles with City while Rashford?? Football is moving away from speedsters that just kick and run with the football
Yeah, Delph and Zinchenko > Shaw too. Henderson, Milner are much better than Pogba, Jesus is also better than Martial and the list goes on and on.

Kick and run :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Neither of them will start for England at the Euros. But even if Sterling is bad at the basics he did won some titles with City while Rashford?? Football is moving away from speedsters that just kick and run with the football
Rashford is not kick and run. Why are we dumbing his skill down this much ? Everyone doesn't have the ball to their feet , it doesn't mean they aren't good on the ball.

This thread is really odd.

Canagel

Welbeck, Standards and a useless IQ post :lol:
Watch the game instead of just posting stats.
Yeah, Delph and Zinchenko > Shaw too. Henderson, Milner are much better than Pogba, Jesus is also better than Martial and the list goes on and on.

Kick and run :lol:
Harsh but true.

Running into Cul de sacs and constantly into defenders with your head down is the exact meaning of kick and run. I only say what I see

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:lol:

City won titles because of sterling haha

Greenwood can’t even head a ball the way Rashford can yet everybody rides his knob like he is already perfect.

roonster09

Scout

Harsh but true.

Running into Cul de sacs and constantly into defenders with your head down is the exact meaning of kick and run. I only say what I see
I won't have to post stats but I have to in response to few dumb posts, who don't understand the point of few players and what they brings to the team, otherwise they come up with nonsense like 'kick and run' "midtable player" and more nonsense.

Harsh but true.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rashford and Welbeck are polar opposites.

Welbeck was a safe player. Good ball retention under pressure, worked incredibly hard with his pressing, and didn't try much with the ball. Got it, kept it under pressure, played a simple pass or tried some one-twos.

Rashford is much more direct than Welbeck was. A bigger goal threat, a better passer as he's shown with some fabulous chances he's made, more showboaty and inconsistent with his dribbling in that he tries skills whereas Welbeck just had that balance and agility to drift past someone nonchalantly, and not as assured in possession in tight spaces/ under pressure than Welbeck was.

You have to factor in mentality, too. Rashford, from the outside looking in, seems to have an elite mentality which is why he steps up so often for us in big games. Welbeck, imo, didn't have that x factor Rashford has.

Sterling is brilliant and is one of two of our attackers who 100% start. The other being Kane. Then, it's usually between Rashford and Sancho for the other wide spot with Rashford usually edging it as he's consistently outperformed Sancho for Southgate.

It also depends on how Southgate sees Grealish. Does he finally consider him a starter and, if so, out wide or central? Kane and Sterling are guarantees, though.

Canagel

Rashford is not kick and run. Why are we dumbing his skill down this much ? Everyone doesn't have the ball to their feet , it doesn't mean they aren't good on the ball.

This thread is really odd.
Good on the ball how?

He is a good athlete and a fast runner with a strong shot but has weak fundamentals and ruins a lot of moves with bad decisions. Everyone is good on the ball with time and space

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Harsh but true.

Idxomer

Greenwood can’t even head a ball the way Rashford can yet everybody rides his knob like he is already perfect.
Why bring up Greenwood to hype up Rashford?

Neither can head the ball btw, weird point to make.

Robbie Boy

Reading this thread, you would swear Rashford was a league two clogger. He has 21 goals and 15 assists this season despite being nowhere near his best.

Robbie Boy

Maybe we're guilty of expecting too much from him.
I have been pretty disappointed with a-lot of his his all-round performances, I will admit. Obviously we can't just look at his numbers as the only metric to judge him on, and holistically, his performance haven't been overly amazing. In saying that, while clearly not at his best, he's still directly been responsible for 36 goals.

Sme of the criticism in here is just OTT, hyperbolic nonsense, though.

roonster09

Scout
I have been pretty disappointed with a-lot of his his all-round performances, I will admit. Obviously we can't just look at his numbers as the only metric to judge him on, and holistically, his performance haven't been overly amazing. In saying that, while clearly not at his best, he's still directly been responsible for 36 goals.

Sme of the criticism in here is just OTT, hyperbolic nonsense, though.
Exactly. There are few concerns on his overall game, especially his lack of work rate in recent times (whether it's to do with fitness or down to tactical instructions to keep him fresher for counters, i don't know but it's awful to watch him not pressing) but his numbers are very good. It's not good just compared to PL players, his numbers when players from top 5 leagues are considered, they are good too.

In top 5 leagues (all competitions)
- 15th in goals + assists
- 10th in Non penalty goals + assists, ahead of players like Ronaldo, Salah, Lukaku, Bruno
- 13th in mins per Non penalty goals + assists. Ahead of players like Ronaldo, Salah, Bruno

Like few said, he has room for improvement, especially when it comes to pressing, making more runs as a RW, using teammates instead of trying to take on all players but his numbers are very impressive. I hope he gets proper rest and sort out whatever ankle issues he is having before start of next season.

jem

Rashford does nothing but score - omg this guy is so annoying.

Greenwood does nothing but score - this guy is absolutely amazing.

People act like 23 is the age of prime. Where was salah? Mane?

The guy has had a back injury something which van Persie has said that incredibly changed his career more than he expected. He hasn’t had time to adapt to it.
People will ride players like Nani career when Rashford is already better at the age of 23.

complain complain complain

what a bloody goal vs Liverpool playing in his best position.

Fantastic.

worst low iq fans in the world who think this club is bigger than it is
What are you suggesting here?

Swiss_Red89

I'm sure if they switched teams for the last three seasons Sterling would have fired us to title after title while speed merchant Rashford would be the reason for City's title missing seasons.

can’t believe the likes of Gerrard played for England given he never won the title.

Rashford is 23 - how many titles should he have won by now to play for England?

Rashford is not a kick and run footballer. He’s one of the most skillful players in the league if not Europe. Inconsistent yes, but kick and run is completely incorrect.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
100% believe that if he can get his back problem gone, he'll be a hell of player. You can see he's been playing with half-brake on.

Also Rashford is more of team-player than the current Sterling. The younger Sterling was a very good playmaker and team-player, but now he's more like a forward with scoring as his main goal.

M16Red

Maybe we're guilty of expecting too much from him.
It's right to expect more from him, he has all the same attributes of a young Ronnie.

Not too long ago I'd even say he had the same determination.

He doesn't look in the same physical condition as the previous season and I do wonder if his back is not allowing to train as hard. When the crowd is back it'll be interesting.. bet he steps up a gear or two.

amolbhatia50k

It's right to expect more from him, he has all the same attributes of a young Ronnie.

Not too long ago I'd even say he had the same determination.

He doesn't look in the same physical condition as the previous season and I do wonder if his back is not allowing to train as hard. When the crowd is back it'll be interesting.. bet he steps up a gear or two.
No he doesn't. He's a country mile behind in terms of ability. No wonder you guys are constantly disappointed with Rashford.

M16Red

No he doesn't. He's a country mile behind in terms of ability. No wonder you guys are constantly disappointed with Rashford.
In your opinion.

At the age 22.

Marcus Rashford

Games: 223
Starts: 155
Sub appearances: 68

Goals: 74
Assists: 41

Penalties scored: 8

Minutes per goal: 196.2
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 220
Minutes per goal or assist: 126.2

Cristiano Ronaldo

Games: 219
Starts: 178
Sub appearances: 41

Goals: 77
Assists: 52

Penalties scored: 10

Minutes per goal: 212.6
Minutes per non-penalty goal: 244.3
Minutes per goal or assist: 126.9

This was the season I was expecting/hoping he'd add heading to his skills, IN MY OPINION a back injury affects all types of movement jumping is one of them.

He is still only 23 and it hasn't been a bad season from him, he's fed millions of kids and got an MBE off the pitch. On it, he's done well - just for me I'd love him to become one of best forwards in the world as like I said he has the attributes IN MY OPINION.

DoomSlayer

Marcus will probably never reach the heights of Ronaldo, but he can and definitely will become one of the best forwards of his generation. Time will tell if he has it in him for that level above world class, but I'm convinced in a few years he will be one of the top 5 attackers in the world.

Look at the likes of Salah and Mane, and when they became fully consistent. Not every player reaches their full potential as early as 22-23, not many do actually.

Deery

Dreary
Not relevant at all but he’s broken up with this girlfriend of 8 years, maybe it will help or hinder him he does seem a soft soul..

amolbhatia50k

In your opinion.

At the age 22.

Marcus Rashford

Cristiano Ronaldo

This was the season I was expecting/hoping he'd add heading to his skills, IN MY OPINION a back injury affects all types of movement jumping is one of them.

He is still only 23 and it hasn't been a bad season from him, he's fed millions of kids and got an MBE off the pitch. On it, he's done well - just for me I'd love him to become one of best forwards in the world as like I said he has the attributes IN MY OPINION.
You start with "in your opinion" and end with "in my opinion". You do realise this is forum and we don't speak for each others minds?

This is precisely why you're all so harsh on Rashford. He's never been a Ronaldo level talent even if the latter started off slow. Accept him for what he is and you'll be happier and more satisfied.

M16Red

Not relevant at all but he’s broken up with this girlfriend of 8 years, maybe it will help or hinder him he does seem a soft soul..
I know adults who haven't been a relationship this long. 15 years old till 23 as a world famous footballer in a relationship..bet his DMs is on flipping fire today.. scratch that bet his DMs are always on fire..

M16Red

You start with "in your opinion" and end with "in my opinion". You do realise this is forum and we don't speak for each others minds?

This is precisely why you're all so harsh on Rashford. He's never been a Ronaldo level talent even if the latter started off slow. Accept him for what he is and you'll be happier and more satisfied.
Hhmmm In your opinion I'll be happy :-)

Ole should give him the week off, he is single now he's probably got stuff to do.

roonster09

Scout
Marcus will probably never reach the heights of Ronaldo, but he can and definitely will become one of the best forwards of his generation. Time will tell if he has it in him for that level above world class, but I'm convinced in a few years he will be one of the top 5 attackers in the world.

Look at the likes of Salah and Mane, and when they became fully consistent. Not every player reaches their full potential as early as 22-23, not many do actually.
Probably? There is no way he will reach Ronaldo heights, we are talking about the player who had probably second best career after Messi (At least in last 30-40 years).

Marwood

In your opinion.

At the age 22.

Marcus Rashford

Cristiano Ronaldo

His feet,the dexterity and speed are nowhere near Ronaldo. He's quite rigid is Marcus. Maybe "rigid" isn't the right word but it's the reason he struggles on the right.

Then there's Ronaldo being way more two footed and obviously much better in the air. I'd also say he's braver and stronger.

These are massive things on a football pitch.

What I would say is that as an 18 year old Rashfords mindset was perfect. Really mature. Ronaldo not so much. It took a bit more time.

But to now take a step up Marcus needs to accept what he can and can't do. He's not a 23 year old Ronaldo. When he stops trying to be he'll really fulfill his potential.

DoomSlayer

Probably? There is no way he will reach Ronaldo heights, we are talking about the player who had probably second best career after Messi (At least in last 30-40 years).
Well, you never know. I don't believe anyone had the foresight of what Ronaldo would achieve in his career, so even if there is a 0.1% chance for Marcus to do anything remotely similar, it's still falls into the "probably" category.

I don't want to go down some sort of pedantic road, though. Rashford can build his own legacy and I am confident he will reach greatness with us.

luke511

City won titles because of sterling haha

Greenwood can’t even head a ball the way Rashford can
yet everybody rides his knob like he is already perfect.
I rate Rashford highly but he has the biggest 50p head in the team.

Bebestation

debut goal arsenal, last season against some team under ole.

I don’t remember a single headed goal by Greenwood.

if rashford is 50p head then Greenwood the supposed striker is a 20p one that struggles to get in to central positions.

I love Greenwood too but the way people have started to turn on Rashford as pure disgusting as fan base. They have seen what Shaw has done at the age of 25 but people right of Rashford who has had careers better than players in our rivals teams at a similar age.

Bebestation

debut goal arsenal, last season against some team under ole.

I don’t remember a single headed goal by Greenwood.

if rashford is 50p head then Greenwood the supposed striker is a 20p one that struggles to get in to central positions.

I love Greenwood too but the way people have started to turn on Rashford as pure disgusting as fan base. They have seen what Shaw has done at the age of 25 but people right of Rashford who has had careers better than players in our rivals teams at a similar age.

amolbhatia50k

Well, you never know. I don't believe anyone had the foresight of what Ronaldo would achieve in his career, so even if there is a 0.1% chance for Marcus to do anything remotely similar, it's still falls into the "probably" category.

I don't want to go down some sort of pedantic road, though. Rashford can build his own legacy and I am confident he will reach greatness with us.
Oh we know.

And yes Rashford should build his own legacy and greatness with us. But it's important to guage his talent correctly and not expect him to meet expectations which his talent doesn't match

SATA

Seems like only United fans don’t rate Rashford and it’s a sad thing. Many outside of United and outside of the UK rate him very very highly. Even his own teammates and Maguire even mentioned Rashford was probably the best player he ever played with

Bebestation

Seems like only United fans don’t rate Rashford and it’s a sad thing. Many outside of United and outside of the UK rate him very very highly. Even his own teammates and Maguire even mentioned Rashford was probably the best player he ever played with
it’s just a bunch of arseholes who are used to United winning most of the time and pick and choose something to complain about.

unfortunately we are the most famous, most followed team from different countries and all over the world so we have to deal with the people who follow United without really understanding it’s proudness in its players.

we go to Europe andclubs talk about Rashford, everyone here who just are internet warrios just complain about Rashford. A fantastic player at 23.

same people got schooled by Shaw so let them learn a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.