Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah I don’t disagree, I see some people use the fact that he’s been playing first team football from such a young age as a stick to beat him with but in reality, he’s not been afforded the same nurturing that most young players get.
I think that's why we get the inconsistency at times in performance despite his figures steadily increasing.

Essentially he's still learning on the job and it's to be expected.

Threesus

Yeah I don’t disagree, I see some people use the fact that he’s been playing first team football from such a young age as a stick to beat him with but in reality, he’s not been afforded the same nurturing that most young players get.
I think he can be a good third option as part of the attack, but not a good 1st or 2nd option. It’s upto the glazers to fund moves for the 1st and 2nd option in attack. Our main goal threats are essentially him and Bruno, with an aging Cavani and a 19 year old mason.

His game is still very much a work in progress, but we don’t have quality in attack to rotate. For me, sancho and one other attacker is still a priority, over a DM even.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The ideal scenario after the Euros (assuming he is having surgery after it) is for him to miss the early start of the season having get some rest, and properly come back. Too many games last season where he was coasting by (due to fitness, most likely) with his G/A's carrying/masking his actual performances.

If/when Sancho signs, he can easily start the season on the left with Greenwood on the right. Then the three of them can battle it out for the wide spots, with Amad in the background. No more Dan James, ever.

Raveneye

The ideal scenario after the Euros (assuming he is having surgery after it) is for him to miss the early start of the season having get some rest, and properly come back. Too many games last season where he was coasting by (due to fitness, most likely) with his G/A's carrying/masking his actual performances.

If/when Sancho signs, he can easily start the season on the left with Greenwood on the right. Then the three of them can battle it out for the wide spots, with Amad in the background. No more Dan James, ever.
I like this plan except I actually don't necessarily mind Dan James as a rotation option against teams that'll dominate possession against us. Rashford needs to take a full, long rest and rehab period and come back at the peak of his powers. With Pogba also able to play from the left we have the options to cover with Sancho around.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If England aren't going to play him, he should have just taken the time off. Even though I don't care about England it is annoying that Foden is playing ahead of him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If England aren't going to play him, he should have just taken the time off. Even though I don't care about England it is annoying that Foden is playing ahead of him.
Agreed, I'm fairly sure Rashford is probably first sub for Southgate if he's not starting the game but it's fecking annoying either start him or let him have the summer off given his injuries

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Awful performance from him so far. Sat on the bench the entire first half. Should be sacked or even jailed.

Am I doing it right?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Especially with carrying an injury. Only has himself to blame if he continues with injury problems next year. Also, United should be far smarter consulting him, pretty sure I read some player missed the Euros because he decided to have the surgery he needed because he talked with his national team manager and he couldn't promise him starting place.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Especially with carrying an injury. Only has himself to blame if he continues with injury problems next year. Also, United should be far smarter consulting him, pretty sure I read some player missed the Euros because he decided to have the surgery he needed because he talked with his national team manager and he couldn't promise him starting place.
United and Rashford are the losers in this current predicament and England are the winners.

Swiss_Red89

Don't really get how Southgate is trying to use him so far. Two times he subbed him on with less then 20min to go and played him out of position. Today's decision to bring him on up top against a deep sitting Scotland made no sense.

I hope he gets his chance against the Czech Republic and takes it.

Rashford on the left, Grealish through the middle and Sancho on the right is what i would select for next match.

Abraxas

Not much to analyse tonight. England had stopped playing before he even came on, very few opportunities in good positions to do anything. I think England had more or less gone into gear one with the sole objective of seeing things out by HT.

432JuanMata

While Southgate is a idea and some of his selections are awful, I think it says something when our star man after Bruno isn’t guaranteed first 11 for England. I know there is millions of quality but If he’s one of our best players and we want to get back to the top surely he’s good enough to be a starter

Idxomer

While Southgate is a idea and some of his selections are awful, I think it says something when our star man after Bruno isn’t guaranteed first 11 for England. I know there is millions of quality but If he’s one of our best players and we want to get back to the top surely he’s good enough to be a starter
Our two most consistent players according to people here are starters.

I agree with you though Rashford shouldn't be undroppable at United.

Giggsyking

Dont base your judgment on Southgate's selection. He is an absolute idiot.

SAF is the GOAT

There was a time that this kid could beat a defender with his eyes closed, now he cant beat a cone.

I don't know if its because of his foot injury that stall him or is it something else ? but right now I don't remember when he beat and passed a defender easily.

And that guy was the one that AWB said that he's the best he faced.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

Dont base your judgment on Southgate's selection. He is an absolute idiot.
I’m not to be fair, but is Rashford better than Sterling ? Is he better than Sancho ? who isn’t even getting a game?. I love Rashford but I still feel he is still making mistakes that should of been ironed out by now. I think he’s top level is above both above but base level is lower

432JuanMata

Our two most consistent players according to people here are starters.

I agree with you though Rashford shouldn't be undroppable at United.
Who’s the 2 consistent players Shaw? Fernandez or you just doing England then Maguire

Womp

idiot
What the feck was the point of him going to this tournament? It's now been confirmed he has multiple injuries he needs to address, but his role so far is mostly being played out of position and coming on when the game has died.

He should have stayed at home and received the required attention

432JuanMata

Yeah, those 3 are considered our most reliable performers.
Yeah I agree but that is the problem with Rashford and my main argument I still don’t see him as consistent. He will be fantastic for a few games and be woeful for a good while.
I hope it’s just due to the injuries he has been playing through because while he is still young he is 23 and should be finding that consistently.

As my biggest fear is he will always be a player that is WC on his day but woeful when off

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There was a time that this kid could a defender with his eyes closed, now he cant beat a cone.

I don't know if its because of his foot injury that stall him or is it something else ? but right now I don't remember when he beat and passed a defender easily.

And that guy was the one that AWB said that he's the best he faced.
He beat a defender today. When he failed a cross to Bellingham.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's nowhere near fit enough to do himself justice, so doesn't warrant a major role. Total waste of time him being there, might as well have had his surgery and extra time to recover before next season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Are people actually criticizing his performance? The feck. He was fine. He played in a dead game and had a couple of perfectly good moments.

People have it out for him, and I really don't get why.

Mcking

They have spent the last few months banging on about how he is not fully fit and is playing with injuries blah blah blah, but then the only window for them to find a solution, he joins the England squad to warm their bench. What a waste.

VivaRonaldo85

Carrying knocks. Elite athletes need to be at 100% physically. He’s some way off that in my opinion.

bdecuc

Aye. It’s odd to say it considering he destroyed his fullback for pace on two occasions nearly creating an assist but he looked to be struggling when sprinting.
He's still capable of little bursts. But they don't look as explosive as they used to be. Then the rest of the time it looks like his body just isn't moving freely. That may be rubbish but it's how it looks to me. I wish he'd take / be given the time away he needs.

Frank White

Are people actually criticizing his performance? The feck. He was fine. He played in a dead game and had a couple of perfectly good moments.

People have it out for him, and I really don't get why.
Exactly. Ridiculous that he’s somehow catching flack for that cameo. Might as well not sign Sancho too, came on and did the square root of feck as well.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He made a shocking pass when he first came on after a long period of buildup pressure which then deflated like a balloon and we conceded a corner. This is exactly the thing he needs to STOP doing.

However, after that he was pretty good tbh, made a defence splitting pass, got round the defender in the box and created a goal (that was then offside). Such a frustrating player, but I am glad he is benched for this England team. Other players are much more effective than him at the moment and at the least more reliable. Look at Saka tonight. His decision making for his age is phenomenal, but Marcus is still 'growing and learning'. Really hope he sorts it out because the good things he does are top tier. But that sloppiness, it is so costly in big games. Get a psychologist in to sort it out I say. I think the bench is doing him good though, that's what he needs competition and to know his place is not automatic, Should be the same for us.

Swiss_Red89

He had a few shacky moments at the start but then kept the ball well and had a couple of good moments in the last third.
Nothing that will get him near the starting eleven for the next game though.

With Foden and Mount coming back and Saka being very good today, I can see him sit on the bench the whole game in the last 16.:(

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s no surprise Bruno and Rashford both look off it this summer. Ole used them relentlessly instead of managing his squad in a more efficient and responsible way.

I don’t like Southgates selections or tactics but he has Rashford where he belongs on current form to be perfectly fair. I can totally understand from Rashfords perspective that he wants to go and help his country out even as a sub but he hasn’t done anything to warrant not just pulling out and giving a younger player some experience and fully focusing on recovery for next year. Also he’s gone from nailed on starter to sub because of injury/form or a mixture of both. Pretty much the same standard of play/possibly playing injured as with us but instead of resting him/using him more sparingly or just making him go get well Ole doubles down and insists on playing him in pretty much every game. It’s real mixed signals to be honest. Surely we know exactly what’s up with him fitness wise. I don’t really know what to think anymore. I just hope he can recover and get back to full fitness asap and take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.