5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew7582

The feck are you on about? He's barely even played in the Euros, Southgate threw him on because he wanted as many finishers as possible for the penalties.
He shouldn't have even been in the euro squad, never mind taking a crucial penalty in the final, he was selected in the squad on name alone.

Halftrack

He shouldn't have even been in the euro squad, never mind taking a crucial penalty in the final, he was selected in the squad on name alone.
I'm fairly sure he was selected because his demonstrated ability to assist and score, even when struggling for form.

Andrew7582

It's England so its OK but if he did that for United I would be snatching meals out every child's hand.
He already did worse than that for united in the europa league final, genuine 1 out of 10 performance that night.

DoomSlayer

Should never have gone to the Euros. I fear for his health and his mentality after such a disastrous year.

Swiss_Red89

Will be interesting to see how he reacts to this. Becks was sensational after 98.(and he was singled out, Rashy won't)

I feel for him, he will not find much sleep tonight. Despite being such a good person. I'm sure he will get the benefit of the doubt some day. Love you Rash:devil:

TheReligion

Abusive
Will be interesting to see how he reacts to this. Becks was sensational after 98.(and he was singled out, Rashy won't)

I feel for him, he will not find much sleep tonight. Despite being such a good person. I'm sure he will get the benefit of the doubt some day. Love you Rash:devil:
I feel for both him and Sancho. Hopefully they bounce off each other and tear it up for United.

TheLord

The problem is Rashford isn't half the footballer Becks was - skill-wise and mentality-wise.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The problem is Rashford isn't half the footballer Becks was - skill-wise and mentality-wise.
Still a brilliant footballer and a hell of a man who will finally have the depth behind him where he doesn't have to be overplayed. Back to back 20 goal seasons, how many wingers get 3 in a row?

Get In Scholesy

Can’t wait until he comes back home. The club will be with him no doubt, looking forward to see him channel all the hunger and desire for next season and his career.
Go out there and be the best, you are fully capable Marcus.

Halftrack

He already did worse than that for united in the europa league final, that night.
Give over, anyone with a semi-functional brain knows it was nowhere near a "genuine 1 out of 10 performance."

For every person that is to quick to shut down criticism, there's some plonker who goes just as far in the opposite direction.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He was fecking nervous. I thought that would be obvious given he has never done that style of pen before.
I thought whilst running up he lost his rhythm or nerves got the better of him. He had to then do the Bruno expression. Small margins went against him on this occasion and unfortunately, the ball hit the post. Basically, to a vast number of people a centimetre or two gives them ammunition to call him out.

RedDevil@84

It was a weird approach to the penalty. There seemed no reason to do all that. But then he did everything right, sent keeper the wrong way. Very unlucky to hit the post.

stw2022

The backdrop is the last 6 months though where bad decision making and generally still trying to play beyond his obvious parameters as a player. A distillation of every stupid flick, every questionable decision to try and beat the first man yet inevitably failing.

It’s not that he missed the penalty, it’s the fact he did it in a very Marcus Rashford way. Trying to do something eye catching and failing when all that was needed was to keep it simple. He may still have missed of course. But I think there’s a reason Sancho and Saka aren’t getting the same amount of stick

Halftrack

The backdrop is the last 6 months though where bad decision making and generally still trying to play beyond his obvious parameters as a player. A distillation of every stupid flick, every questionable decision to try and beat the first man yet inevitably failing.

It’s not that he missed the penalty, it’s the fact he did it in a very Marcus Rashford way. Trying to do something eye catching and failing when all that was needed was to keep it simple. He may still have missed of course. But I think there’s a reason Sancho and Saka aren’t getting the same amount of stick
Yeah, they don't have a massive amount of hypercritical "realists" who've decided that they're actually shit on their neck.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

He didn’t try and do it in an eye catching way, he did it in a way that gave him the most control over the situation. It allowed him to send the goalkeeper the wrong way and avoid exactly the situation Sancho and Saka found themselves in: hit and hope, and with the goalkeeper in control.

The trade off for that control is a much higher level of technical execution and composure is required. It was a courageous choice to make, not an arrogant one. If you look at some of the most effective penalty takers around today, they follow the same technique - not for panache but for consistent control.

The reason people are judging him differently is because people have false preconceptions about him and his choices.

KeanoMagicHat

Rashford was really underused in this tournament, can't think of another team in the tournament he would have played so few minutes. He scored a hat-trick in the Champions League off the bench, yet was barely trusted even to play as a substitute here.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Have you all forgotten he needs surgery on his ankle and almost didn’t make the tournament due to the injury? Some random accusations in here
Not ankle, it's his shoulder and I hope now he does make the decision to have the surgery. It means he will miss the start of the season but I'm will to take that.

littleman

dude needs to put club before country

he won’t

but his injury is not going to help when WC is 16 months away

he’s doing much better than martial but he’s not irreplaceable even at MUFC

needs to deliver next season

Halftrack

dude needs to put club before country

he won’t

but his injury is not going to help when WC is 16 months away

he’s doing much better than martial but he’s not irreplaceable even at MUFC

needs to deliver next season
Yeah, can't have him slacking off and only putting up 21 goals and 15 assists from out wide while struggling with an injury again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He scuffed the shot because he hardly got to touch the ball after coming on as a sub for a minute.

Sancho’s was a more basic worse penalty.

littleman

Yeah, can't have him slacking off and only putting up 21 goals and 15 assists from out wide while struggling with an injury again.
no one asked him to skip his operation and recuperation to sit on a bench for a month and come on for 2 mins to take a penalty

I don’t have time for your tears

Crimson King

Indeed

I hate the way our so called fans talk about Marcus Rashford on these boards, it's genuinely nauseating.
Same, I love the kid.

I don't care if he's not the second coming of Ronaldo, he's still been a very good player for us and I want nothing but the best for him.

Was gutted for him and Sancho, but most gutted for Saka. Poor kid.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Indeed

I hate the way our so called fans talk about Marcus Rashford on these boards, it's genuinely nauseating.
It's actually hilarious how people invest stuff out of their arse. Rashford's penalty technique was smash and hope when he started but later it was more refined, it was controlled and the one he took vs Italy was the same technique he used for more than a year.

His last few penalties are almost same, his technique was same. It's just usual posters making up stuff to have a go at him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This place is toxic. He’s a United player. This is a United forum. What gives? fecking pricks.
Plastic Utd fans who don't even come from England is the reason. Most would be City fans if they were born 20 years later in life.

Cretins.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Yes that's the reason why he's getting more stick, not the fact that he's managed to piss off quite a lot of tories due to him openly going against the govt.

KM

It's actually hilarious how people invest stuff out of their arse. Rashford's penalty technique was smash and hope when he started but later it was more refined, it was controlled and the one he took vs Italy was the same technique he used for more than a year.

His last few penalties are almost same, his technique was same. It's just usual posters making up stuff to have a go at him.

@stw2022 making up shit against Rashford and lying again. Surprise.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He didn’t try and do it in an eye catching way, he did it in a way that gave him the most control over the situation. It allowed him to send the goalkeeper the wrong way and avoid exactly the situation Sancho and Saka found themselves in: hit and hope, and with the goalkeeper in control.

The trade off for that control is a much higher level of technical execution and composure is required. It was a courageous choice to make, not an arrogant one. If you look at some of the most effective penalty takers around today, they follow the same technique - not for panache but for consistent control.

The reason people are judging him differently is because people have false preconceptions about him and his choices.
Georginho also missed and he's probably one of the best at that technique. I thought Rashford got caught up in two minds. He started off running then he either got nervous or lost his run-up resulting in that penalty technique.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes that's the reason why he's getting more stick, not the fact that he's managed to piss off quite a lot of tories due to him openly going against the govt.
And the usual drivel posted by few posters to keep up their agenda nonsense.

Red_Aaron

In many ways his was actually one of the better penalties - but for another 4 inches

I know that feeling alright

KM

Georginho also missed and he's probably one of the best at that technique. I thought Rashford got caught up in two minds. He started off running then he either got nervous or lost his run-up resulting in that penalty technique.
Sults, as @roonster09 just posted, he's been using that technique for a year now and has been quite effective from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.