Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had a hard time with Reece James who had both him and Shaw in his pocket this game. He didn't play bad though, and was probably our most dangerous player. Unlucky not to score.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Mixed game, but our only threat today. It's quite obvious that opposition is generally the most scared of Rashford than our any other player.

HowYouDoin

If that was Kepa on goal Rashford would have scored twice.
I do think he made the most of his two chances the keeper just got better of him. It happens.

Renegade

If that was Kepa on goal Rashford would have scored twice.
I do think he made the most of his two chances the keeper just got better of him. It happens.
The shot was straight at the keeper with zero direction? Tbf it’s Kepa but I’m not sure how you think he wouldn’t save that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He always seems to go for power over finesse, takes too many touches, runs into trouble, doesn’t release the ball when teammates are free for the pullback.... then he can go and do what he did in Paris. He needs to be taking a chance today to be considered one of the best in the league. Chelsea aren’t great and we set up to counter them... not sure how I feel to be honest!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I was hoping the Newcastle game was him starting to kick back into form, but unfortunately the PSG and Chelsea matches are more of the same of what we've seen since his injury. Just doesn't seem to have the confidence in himself, which is strangely the exact opposite problem he had for a year or two there.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's being asked to do too much IMO. But this is what happens if you play James and Mata on the wings. I don't like when he drops deep these days, seems to be little good anyway.

Did well with what he got, unlucky not to score more in the last couple of games. He will probably score 3 in a game which we win by 5 goals with lucky goals and it will even out.

Frank White

The shot was straight at the keeper with zero direction? Tbf it’s Kepa but I’m not sure how you think he wouldn’t save that.
The one towards the end wasn't, Mendy pulled off a fantastic save and from a decent shot.

Devil may care

He's not a #9 and for me shouldn't be undroppable or beyond being subbed, he forced a good save near the end but I think Mason should get a chance at #9 against Arsenal.

GazTheLegend

Question for people here.

Now he's obviously not there yet, mainly due to consistency and injury but could Rashford become the best player in the world?

I've seen him be completely unplayable at times in a way that nobody else in the world really is, and his level of skill, pace and power isn't really matched by anyone at our club at least. He has the odd game where he's not quite at his top level and sometimes his decisions let him down - but those two things (consistency and decision making) are the ones that improve the most with time and experience so it's not that worrying.

But there are people talking about other 'better' players like Mbappe and Kane and my feeling is that Rashford when he is REALLY at it is better than anyone. With Ronaldo and Messi in decline there's a spot open at the top.

Remember he's 22 years old which still boggles my mind.

Now he's obviously not there yet, mainly due to consistency and injury but could Rashford become the best player in the world?

I've seen him be completely unplayable at times in a way that nobody else in the world really is, and his level of skill, pace and power isn't really matched by anyone at our club at least. He has the odd game where he's not quite at his top level and sometimes his decisions let him down - but those two things (consistency and decision making) are the ones that improve the most with time and experience so it's not that worrying.

But there are people talking about other 'better' players like Mbappe and Kane and my feeling is that Rashford when he is REALLY at it is better than anyone. With Ronaldo and Messi in decline there's a spot open at the top.

Not a chance at all Rashford has glimpses of greatness but he is lacking in the technical and in the passing for me to ever become that and he is also lacking in the shooting department.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was good. Had two good shots saved by the keeper, and set up Mata who was the closest to scoring. With the limited options around and Chelsea defensive setup, he did well. He must keep trying, just needs some luck.

Leonzo1

To be fair I don't think we'll have a "best player in the world" after Messi and Ronaldo will retire. We'll have around 5-6 players at the top tier and they will alter according to form and trophies.
Rashford will not be one of the elite pack. He is a cracking player but not one of the very best.
Greenwood has a chance if he can sort himself out.

Kane probably had around 50 appearances for Spurs at the same age.

Some of our fans just can’t let players develop.

For a Decade there has not been a chance for anyone not named Ronaldinho or Messi to be in that bracket. There is definitely an opportunity, and Rashford has all the tools.

whether he makes that or not, we have a terrific young local lad playing a massive part for the club.

what a player.

Stretender

It's like an article written by his brother.

Rashford is not even better than Sterling, how can you start putting him at Mbappe or Kane level?

He needs 7 chances to score a goal , we have just seen this last night against Chelsea. At this level 1 chance should be enough to win you a match unfortunately Rashford fails to do this.

I think his off field work has conned most people including Ole that Rashford is undroppable. This will be our downfall.

Smores

I mean who is to say that he couldn't but he's not showing anything right now to put him in that conversation.

It's just setting unreasonable expectations of a young inconsistent player. Let's see where he is in a few years.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Rashford is not even better than Sterling, how can you start putting him at Mbappe or Kane level?

He needs 7 chances to score a goal , we have just seen this last night against Chelsea. At this level 1 chance should be enough to win you a match unfortunately Rashford fails to do this.

I think his off field work has conned most people including Ole that Rashford is undroppable. This will be our downfall.
What you expect from him is Ronaldo level of efficiency.

The thing with Rashford is he doesn't miss those chances he gets. Yesterday a friend asked me to describe Rashford, I said he does most things right in 95%, but the lacking 5% is enough for keepers to make a save.

It won't last forever though, he'll bag a lot of goals for us this season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

There’s not a striker in the history of football who converts every chance and Rashford literally won us a match mid-week by converting half a chance.

GazTheLegend

Saying that Rashford had "conned" Ole after Rashford, within a year, has put Manchester City, PSG, Liverpool and Chelsea to the sword on various occasions is strange to read coming from a Stret Ender who surely has a memory that stretches back to those occasions. The best teams in the world struggle with Rashford. The only question is can he do it more often.

GenZRed

That shot he did towards the end of the game was a great one. He should try that more often rather than running into blind alleys

I don't mean that in a personal way. He is my favourite player and I want to see him do well.

HowieC

He isn’t better than most of englands forwards and is technically far inferior to martial and greenwood.

Take the blinders off. Greenwood on the other hand, too early to say about his overall career, but his technique is approaching world class.

MattofManchester

I wish he'd stop with the falling down as if he's dying every time someone physical comes at him.

We could be opening up space and creating a goalscoring opportunity, but we're basically a man down cause Rashford is rolling around on the floor.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

He does have flashes of brilliance, but his current limited footballing brain & inconsistency don’t allow him to be in that argument. Improvement, even just minimal, in these fields would allow him to warrant being in that discussion.

R77

It's rare to see universal praise, even in the Ferguson years, but acerbic putdowns in a Marcus Rashford thread on a Manchester United forum is surely a window into the grumpy dimension.

He's likely well on course to being a club legend either way. Enjoy it in real time.

archiebald

He isn’t better than most of englands forwards and is technically far inferior to martial and greenwood.

Take the blinders off. Greenwood on the other hand, too early to say about his overall career, but his technique is approaching world class.
He does have flashes of brilliance, but his current limited footballing brain & inconsistency don’t allow him to be in that argument. Improvement, even just minimal, in these fields would allow him to warrant being in that discussion.
There's only so far you can go with pace and decent shooting technique.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm gutted that the injury seems to have taken something away from his pace, acceleration and gung ho approach to football.

Hopefully he gets it back but he looks different in the way he attempts to play on the pitch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Played 3 intense FULL games in a span of 7 days. And he's one of the hardest working player too. It's similar to Bruno, McTom, and Fred.

I'm surprised he wasn't subbed early. But then he's one of those players that could pull off something, like his last minute shot.

Foxbatt

Yes he scored but to me he is still too selfish. He doesn't pass when a team mate is in a better position. I don't think he would have made that pass like that one when Vardy scored against Arsenal.

Strelok

To be fair I don't think we'll have a "best player in the world" after Messi and Ronaldo will retire. We'll have around 5-6 players at the top tier and they will alter according to form and trophies.
Rashford will not be one of the elite pack. He is a cracking player but not one of the very best.
Greenwood has a chance if he can sort himself out.
Agreed with most of what you said.

But imo Rashford can be a world class winger.

I still remember his performance against Spurs last season, and against City, both before the break. That moment I believed he's on the verge of stepping up to a new level, a world class level. Because he started to deliver amazing things on a pretty regular basis. Then he got injured and couldn't find that form again.

I really hope he can regain that form back. He's been hitting a pretty good form for the last two matches. Not to that level yet. But I do believe he can. Not his pace or tricks or anything, imo his biggest strength is his mentality. He wasn't born with a great deal of natural talent but he has the mentality to become a world class player.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Hey have a stop & think about how many other professional players have achieved (at any point over the past 20-30 years) what Marcus has recently. Honestly, i'm not sure any have come close, which actually highlights the enormous gulf & gap between ordinary people, the fans & the players. They are in a completely different world & social strata all together.

Bwuk

If he was more consistent with his finishing he’d be up there with the very best.

He’s got elite level confidence. Never gives up.

HowieC

If he was more consistent with his finishing he’d be up there with the very best.

He’s got elite level confidence. Never gives up.
True. His mentality makes up for his lack of finesse to an extent. In an ideal team we would have greenwood up front, sancho on the right, and rashford as a sub to counterattack teams that don’t take us seriously.

Man Utd 5:0 RB Leipzig

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He is just going to be our main man for years and years to come.

If he had taken the pen he would have had the joint 3rd fastest hatrick in CL history behind the legend that is Mike Newell

Bwuk

Peak Rashford when he came on. Him and Bruno raised our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.