5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

I would say that he 'should' be dropped because he has been poor for most of the season, except our other attackers have been even worse. Rashford at least has had two or maybe three good matches, and he's also managed to get a few goals or assists in the games that he's been poor in even though his general performance hasn't been any better than the others.
On the other hand, he’s at that level now that when he’s on a bad patch of form, he still contributes with an assist, a penalty or a few fat chances, and the opposition constantly needs to put one to two players on him, creating spce for the others.

UncleBob

Exactly. I can't believe this has been so difficult for @UncleBob to grasp.
:lol: You do realize there's a bit of a difference between: he has been poor for most of the season, except our other attackers have been even worse.

And your claim: he has still been one of our better forwards so far this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His overall performances have been hit and miss this season but he's very productive and I think he's probably still one of the first names on the team sheet because of that. He definitely looked better with Shaw behind him though, he and Telles will need some time getting used to each other's game. I've still got a lot of patience for Rashford.

UncleBob

On the other hand, he’s at that level now that when he’s on a bad patch of form, he still contributes with an assist, a penalty or a few fat chances, and the opposition constantly needs to put one to two players on him, creating spce for the others.
He really isn't. His performances after his back injury has generally been a concern. It was just easy to ignore last season because of how Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood performed. Hopefully, Cavani will continue to impress and it'll take some of the pressure off Rashford.

DoomSlayer

:lol: You do realize there's a bit of a difference between: he has been poor for most of the season, except our other attackers have been even worse.

And your claim: he has still been one of our better forwards so far this season.
It means the exact same thing, it's just whether you are a glass "half-full" or "half-empty" type of person. Being one of our better forwards doesn't equal to being great, his numbers are great but his performances have been very inconsistent.

Rashford's season has been okay so far but he needs to to much better in the long-run. I believe he has what it takes to be a consistent top player for us so I choose to cut him some slack.

UncleBob

It means the exact same thing, it's just whether you are a glass "half-full" or "half-empty" type of person. Being one of our better forwards doesn't equal to being great, his numbers are great but his performances have been very inconsistent.

Rashford's season has been okay so far but he needs to to much better in the long-run. I believe he has what it takes to be a consistent top player for us so I choose to cut him some slack.
No :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was poor today, still dangerous as he got into some good positions and ended up with good chances. In the end played very important role in winning goal.

Andersons Dietician

Although I’m not sure he should be dropped, I think Uncle bobs assesment that really he’s been a bit average is true. His poor performances and there are many just like today covered with one moment where he makes a telling impact. Does that 1 moment counteract the previous 89mins and the effect it has on the team over that period of time.

His biggest flaw is the decision making And it’s every game he makes a bad decision. He has to roll that ball across to Cavani. That’s a no brainer and then later when it’s never on and Fred is clearly off side he tries to play in Fred.

He is so damn frustrating. I’m sure he’ll improve, he has to but I hope it happens soon.

LJJT

Play him on the right. Needs to keep it very simple with his focus on supplying others he is so greedy and makes poor decisions he looked good on the right mid week and think he will get a bit more space out there

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's played a shit ton of football since Lockdown ended. Probably could do with being rested a little bit but even when he's having fairly bland games he's still able to knock up an assist or goal.

RkkMan

Frustrating player but unlike Martial he never stops trying and is more likely to contribute to something even on a bad day like the assist for the winner today. He`s still just 23 with over 100 goal contributions in his career for club and country he`ll get better and the potential is still there.

edcunited1878

He still makes poor decisions and doesn't pick up his head enough nor does he play with a variety of tempo. His effort isn't in question nor his threat of play, but it is down to his decision making. He's played enough games and experienced enough where the screw has to turn more often than not.

If he is a mainstay of the side, then he has to improve and have more consistency in his decision making or else United will never be able to make the jump to legit title contender.

Toddler

Martial and Rashford are both more or less hot & cold players. At the moment both are cold, gotta get them improving. But its very funny how Martial get so much more stick even though Rashford has been equally bad for most of the season. Today rashy, a very dire performance. Good cross though for Cavani, lets not forget that. " Unlike Martial he never stops trying" :rolleyes:

SSSSnake

Hasn’t got the footballing brain that would get him easy another 10 goals/assists with the positions he gets himself in. Got the important assist when it matters so will be forgiven. Just hope he has next game!

UncleBob

Constantly retorting to sarcasm and one-liners show-up your lack of comprehensive skills. It's either that or you'd rather be obnoxious than talk about the subject in a normal manner.
Oh come on, there's a vast difference between saying he has still been one of our better forwards so far this season
and he has been poor for most of the season, except our other attackers have been even worse.

The former implies that he's playing well, while the latter states he isn't playing well. It has nothing to do with glass half full.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
So, according to Transfermarkt, Rashford has played 1083 minutes in all competitions and has 8 goals with 5 assists. This means he averages a goal contribution every 83-84 minutes played.
That stat tells you nothing if you don't compare it to other striker playing in the same team.

UncleBob

Do you disagree?
With the notion that Rashford is always a threat? yes. Kudos for the cross, watching it again in replays and it's mint, but apart from that the performance was atrocious. Barely helped the team off the ball, and when he did have the ball he kept making the wrong choice.

DoomSlayer

Oh come on, there's a vast difference between saying he has still been one of our better forwards so far this season
and he has been poor for most of the season, except our other attackers have been even worse.

The former implies that he's playing well, while the latter states he isn't playing well. It has nothing to do with glass half full.
Come on, mate... You are just doing this on purpose now.

One of our better forwards Playing at a world class level

I've expanded on my view several times and addressed every single point, you just keep on being a dick about it. "One of our better forwards" means exactly that, it doesn't imply anything about overall quality.

DoomSlayer

That stat tells you nothing if you don't compare it to other striker playing in the same team.
Martial - 4 goal contributions in 730 minutes: 182.5 minutes per G/A.
Cavani - 4 goal contributions in 254 minutes: 63.5 minutes per G/A.
Greenwood - 4 goal contributions in 442 minutes: 110.5 minutes per G/A
Ighalo - 0 goal contributions in 157 minutes
Mata - 4 goal contributions in 522 minutes: 130.5 minutes per G/A
James - 1 goal contribution in 281 minutes: 281 minutes per G/A
Fernandes - 15 goal contributions in 1021 minutes: 68.07 minutes per G/A

Rashford - 13 goal contributions in 1083 minutes: 83.3 minutes per goal.

Those stats are taken from Transfermarkt and only Bruno and Cavani have a better "minutes per G/A" than Rashford.

UncleBob

Come on, mate... You are just doing this on purpose now.

One of our better forwards Playing at a world class level

I've expanded on my view several times and addressed every single point, you just keep on being a dick about it. "One of our better forwards" means exactly that, it doesn't imply anything about overall quality.
It's not really all that complicated, writing that someone has been one of our better players implies good performances, i have no idea why you're pretending otherwise, especially when you combine it with your other posts pretending he's a nailed on starter. If Cavani keeps performing like he has, he'll be a nailed on starter, if Rashford keeps performing like he has, his position is up for grabs, there's a bit of a difference...

I doubt anyone will disagree that Rashford has been poor, just less poor than the rest of the alternatives.

DoomSlayer

It's not really all that complicated, writing that someone has been one of our better players implies good performances, i have no idea why you're pretending otherwise, especially when you combine it with your other posts pretending he's a nailed on starter. If Cavani keeps performing like he has, he'll be a nailed on starter, if Rashford keeps performing like he has, his position is up for grabs, there's a bit of a difference...

I doubt anyone will disagree that Rashford has been poor, just less poor than the rest of the alternatives.
Yes, it's not that complicated, but you definitely are doing everything possible to make it seem so.

You've been nothing but disingenuous about my posts and have tried to twist them to suit your narrative. It's not working because I have all the evidence to back myself up, whilst you rely on clinging to semantics and using sarcasm to hide the lack of your arguments.

UncleBob

Yes, it's not that complicated, but you definitely are doing everything possible to make it seem so.

You've been nothing but disingenuous about my posts and have tried to twist them to suit your narrative. It's not working because I have all the evidence to back myself up, whilst you rely on clinging to semantics and using sarcasm to hide the lack of your arguments.
:lol: Christ...There's nothing disingenuous about it and nothing is being twisted, you just seem to have a completely different understanding of what it actually means...Can you quote any examples where i've twisted any of your posts?

Do you, honestly, not see the difference between what you've been posting and what MadDogg wrote?

RkkMan

Martial and Rashford are both more or less hot & cold players. At the moment both are cold, gotta get them improving. But its very funny how Martial get so much more stick even though Rashford has been equally bad for most of the season. Today rashy, a very dire performance. Good cross though for Cavani, lets not forget that. " Unlike Martial he never stops trying" :rolleyes:
Its true though when things go bad for Martial in a game his head drops completely and he`s virtually invisible. Rashford will annoy the viewer but he`ll always try something to change the game even if it doesn`t come off as a result he`s more likely to contribute to a lucky goal or assist at least which can change the complexity of the game. His stats back that up and him being just 23 and on 13 goal contributions this season already means there`s still room for improvement and *some slack can be cut for him
Martial is 25 and a supposed French international at his age and career stage he should be judged on the merit of performing week in week out not on potential and he`s been severely underwhelming(again stats back that up) hence why he righfully gets more stick

DoomSlayer

:lol: Christ...There's nothing disingenuous about it and nothing is being twisted, you just seem to have a completely different understanding of what it actually means...Can you quote any examples where i've twisted any of your posts?

Do you, honestly, not see the difference between what you've been posting and what MadDogg wrote?
No need to quote, the whole conversation is based around you twisting my words.

You've been implying all along that I claim Rashford to have been performing at a consistent top level. Whereas I maintained all the way through that he's been clearly the best performer of a bad bunch. You can't discredit their stats, Marcus has been a positive influence towards the team overall, he has done okay but can and should do much, much better. This is the season I expect him to get to the next level if he wants to be a starter for a club with ambitions to win the major trophies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm concerned with his body language and demeanour. Walking around at 2 nil down. Good cross though.
Hard to say whether he’s getting lazier or if he’s genuinely playing through knocks/general fatigue.

Andersons Dietician

Did spend a lot of time today strolling around looking sorry for himself.

MattofManchester

Can they start booking him for going down in a heap after every challenge? I've seen it time after time after time now.

While we didn't see it today, there have been times he just goes down and stays down despite us going forward with the ball, and that basically leaves us a man down in attack, which is increasingly frustrating.

He's also resorted to strolling about in most games, with no effort to press at all and is becoming mostly invisible for long periods of the game.

This doesn't seem like injury affliction anymore, but seriously, where is the player who had a growing consistency pre-injury???

siw2007

Frustrating game from Marcus. He was very up and down in this game, made some good runs, could have won a few fouls, other times he made the wrong decisions or wasn’t switched on. Improved a little second half but still it didn’t look like it was going to happen for him but then puts in a worldie of a cross for the winner.
He blows hot and cold somewhat, but I do believe it would benefit him if he was able to rotate in and out of the team a little. He’s likely going to start against PSG and then West Ham away, it’s going to be physically testing for him.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's a strange one. I love him but he's frustrating at the moment. I think his body language has disimproved. I'm not sure if he realises how closely the Caf inspect body language. Anyway, great ball in for the winner so on we go.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Martial - 4 goal contributions in 730 minutes: 182.5 minutes per G/A.
Cavani - 4 goal contributions in 254 minutes: 63.5 minutes per G/A.
Greenwood - 4 goal contributions in 442 minutes: 110.5 minutes per G/A
Ighalo - 0 goal contributions in 157 minutes
Mata - 4 goal contributions in 522 minutes: 130.5 minutes per G/A
James - 1 goal contribution in 281 minutes: 281 minutes per G/A
Fernandes - 15 goal contributions in 1021 minutes: 68.07 minutes per G/A

Rashford - 13 goal contributions in 1083 minutes: 83.3 minutes per goal.

Those stats are taken from Transfermarkt and only Bruno and Cavani have a better "minutes per G/A" than Rashford.
Thanks, good job. Rashford should be on a 50% of that, if he raised his head every now and then.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's a strange one. I love him but he's frustrating at the moment. I think his body language has disimproved. I'm not sure if he realises how closely the Caf inspect body language. Anyway, great ball in for the winner so on we go.
It's his back pain man.

He hasnt looked the same ever since.

He genuinely need a good 2-3 months off and I still dont think he will be the player he was pre injury after what RVP said the back injury did to him long term. I'm surprised he is still producing with goals and assists even if his quality of performance has gone down significantly.

Grande

He really isn't. His performances after his back injury has generally been a concern. It was just easy to ignore last season because of how Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood performed. Hopefully, Cavani will continue to impress and it'll take some of the pressure off Rashford.
Yes, he is, because he does. If you look at the games this year when he’s been out of form, he still has produced something in each of those games.
Like you, I’ve been unimpressed generally with his all round play after the back injury. After the restart he was terrible, and scored three goals. The new season, he’s been variable, and scored eight. So that’s not the same, certainly.
To me it seems like a qualified guess that the combo of back injury, spending his focus elsewhere (and rightly so), and the stop/start/rest/no rest nature of this year has affected the young man badly, and rhat he’s coming along. The difference is that in the summer, Bruno, Martial and Greenwood carried him. Now he is contributing to the team despite not playing like a star, in a way that has seen us win four of the last six league games, three out of four in the CL. That doesn’t make him brilliant, but neither is he a big problem. And likely he is on his way, and we can afford playing him into form.

Grande

Sadly we’re not loaded with players for those two wide attacking positions. He gets in by default.
No, not default really, he is in the team sheet ahead of Martial and Greenwood, whom you should count, and Mata and James, whom you probably don’t.

Rashford, in third gear, is our most dangerous attacking player after Bruno this season. Let’s hope Cavani keeps on and the others pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.