Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Continues to statistically be a 1 in 3 finisher. Had he not had a godly crafted Mata created assist yesterday, we’d all be on here moaning about his horrible finishing ability. Long way to go for this kid
Absolute waffle. I'm glad others have called you out on this. Utter nonsense.

jamesjimmybyrondean

When he plays like that you have to wonder why he doesn't just run more often?

Sometimes he just wants the ball to feet, slows it down so much and then passes it off when they close him down.

Against West Ham he just kept wide, then made some beautiful runs and blew them away - he's so quick I don't think any defender would catch him if he gets a 5 yard head start.

He looked so so dangerous that it completely changed the game, they got really spooked. This is the Rashford we all want to see on a regular basis.
I think it all depends on how much space he's given. He holds the ball when sides are defending deep.

MattofManchester

When he plays like that you have to wonder why he doesn't just run more often?

Sometimes he just wants the ball to feet, slows it down so much and then passes it off when they close him down.
He did play like this regularly, before his injury.

It's also noticeable now that the injury did not affect his explosiveness or his balance, as many here worried it would.

It makes you wonder if he's just taking time to get back into it, or he feels awkward or uncomfortable doing it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did play like this regularly, before his injury.

It's also noticeable now that the injury did not affect his explosiveness or his balance, as many here worried it would.

It makes you wonder if he's just taking time to get back into it, or he feels awkward or uncomfortable doing it.
He just has days on and off like this.

He played like that against Brighton, then back to being a bit passive, then exploded against RBL and got a hattrick, was unplayable. Then back to being a bit sleepy, then another great 45 minutes against West Ham.

I get it's probably hard to play like that every game, but if he can reach those levels regularly he'll be one hell of a player.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He just has days on and off like this.
Before I get pelted, I like Rashford, glad we've got him but I just hope we can reach a stage where we get more 'on' days than 'off' or 'meh'. Currently, and it may be fitness or slight injury, there are too many 'off' days for me. BUT ...

but if he can reach those levels regularly he'll be one hell of a player.
100% agreed.

markhughes

The difference in our team once he (and Bruno) came on to the pitch against West Ham was amazing, those runs in behind are terrifying for defenders and give us so much more space to play in the midfield. His ability on the ball is underrated, his dribbling and movement are a problem for any defence and he is always a threat from range.

It's a shame he has had some injuries recently to deal with but I love the fact that he doesn't hide behind them and continues to do his best for the team when he isn't 100%. For me Rashford is key to all future success and the fact that he happens to be a nice guy who can represent Man Utd so well off the field is an added bonus.

El Jefe

This was a game where he couldn't hide behind his stats. Absolutely terrible all game. This was a chance for him to step up when the team lead him and he failed miserably.

Was easily one of our worst performers and that's saying something.

Wasn't great but I dont know what people expect from him against a team so well organised and tactically aware like leipzig.
Would you of said the same about Martial if he had performed as bad as Rashford.

UncleBob

Wasn't great but I dont know what people expect from him against a team so well organised and tactically aware like leipzig.
The bare minimum of passing the ball to better placed teammates instead of going for glory would be nice.

His selfishness is infuriating

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had chances to run through and didn't take them. As an attacker that's what you gotta do and he didn't. I know he's injured but in 1v1 situations you shouldn't be tripping over your own feet.

Devil may care

Couple of nice runs, didn't have much to feed on, desicion making was headless chicken stuff though.

UncleBob

Couple of nice runs, didn't have much to feed on, desicion making was headless chicken stuff though.
Every time he did get something to feed on he either cocked it up with a bad first touch, then a second bad touch, or his decision making was bobbins.

Perfectly fine that it's difficult given the conditions, but that barely excuses what he does when he has the ball at his feet. Yet again a situation where he's played through but he holds off, as against PSG, if it's a physical issue then leave him out until he's fit otherwise the consequences are going to be dire.

El-Manos

He's been wasting many chances this season. Tonight was the same old story with him, he needs to be more clinical and improve his decision making in the final third.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That shot towards the end, weak and straight at the keeper, when there were people in the box, passing options and a fair bit more goal to aim at. It was almost weirdly brainless. I hate saying that because I'm a big Rashford fan but it's the only way I can describe it.

RedDevil@84

Did somebody already call him a winger and not natural goal scorer?
I love the lad, but it is disappointing what he has become. He needs so many shots to get one in.

Obiorahking_

Decision making really needs to pick up the pace. While he is still producing, his progress seems stunted just like Martial.

Obiorahking_

The bare minimum of passing the ball to better placed teammates instead of going for glory would be nice.

His selfishness is infuriating
This. For the third season in a row he still has these tendencies. I don't expect them to be completely eradicated but we need to see progress.

simplyared

I'd rather have him on the pitch than off it. No denying he creates a buzz when he goes on a run with the ball at his feet. Small margins between sucess and failure. That's part of his game. He's still learning.

Zlatanator

He's wasteful in front of the goal. I think he converts like 1/6 chances. Got to be more clinical. I think we missed Cavani today.

-Supreme-

This. For the third season in a row he still has these tendencies. I don't expect them to be completely eradicated but we need to see progress.
And his 6th season playing in the first team squad, when will he improve the fundamental basics?

Renegade

I feel like he needs competition for his place like the Chelsea forwards have and like he has for England. Talent is there but I don’t think he’d be so wasteful if he wasn’t so comfortable and promoted as “mr Manchester United”.

Based Adnan

Too often does he leave the ball behind him when he's dribbling. He did so when played through on goal today.

He needs to add consistency to his game if he's ever going to be a top player. Far too hot and cold.

Born2Lose

Great when we play on the counter and his pace and athleticism gets him by but his lack of intelligence really shows when teams play deep, his pace and power lose all their potentcy and too often he's a passenger. Was just as bad in the away game in Turkey from what I recall.

How this guy has a 150 apps for United, 40 for England and doesn't understand the basics of the position he's meant to be playing is beyond me.

Last edited:

Red00012

Woeful today

Martial woeful

he sums up the whole team “Inconsistent”

HowieC

Absolute waffle. I'm glad others have called you out on this. Utter nonsense.
He was absolutely wrong. Rashy is more like a one in 6 finisher.

His technique is inconsistent with his poor touches, and leaving the ball behind when dribbling, but at least he is consistent in his poor finishing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was absolutely wrong. Rashy is more like a one in 6 finisher.

His technique is inconsistent with his poor touches, and leaving the ball behind when dribbling, but at least he is consistent in his poor finishing.
You might want to check the stats then. He's clearly not a 1 in 6 if he's averaging 1 every 140mins or whatever it is. His goal return this season has been fine. Its the sulking French man who hasn't been scoring.

always_hoping

Losing both Cavani and Martial proved very costly. If 1 of them was fit Rashford would have played on the wing and probably better. Typical of his frustrating inconsistent form tonight after scoring a hat trick against RB in Old Trafford

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Should be an impact player off the bench. Nowhere near consistent enough to be a nailed on starter. Miles off the level of our great sides off the past.

archiebald

Way too selfish, taking the shot on at least 2 occasions tonight when he could have played someone else into a better shooting position.

His decision making is barely better than someone like James, we really need to stop proclaiming him as some kind of potential world class talent.

SambaBoy

Some of his decision making is absolutely terrible. He's so indecisive sometimes when attacking. When he cut inside, he should have layed into Greenwood for an easy finish, it was a very selfish move. When his touch let him down, and he did the chop, he should carry on his left foot but again too indecisive and the move breaks down.

HowieC

Some of his decision making is absolutely terrible. He's so indecisive sometimes when attacking. When he cut inside, he should have layed into Greenwood for an easy finish, it was a very selfish move. When his touch let him down, and he did the chop, he should carry on his left foot but again too indecisive and the move breaks down.
Due to his lack of consistent technique and poor decision making this thread will always be a rollercoaster: if he has tons of space to run into and many chances to shoot on goal he will do well, and his fan club will proclaim him world class. If not, he will be terrible.

A more nuanced way to use him is called for: use him as a sub against tired defences when we have plenty of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.