5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudo_canadian

He plays like Messi or Ronaldo. Regarding attitude of course. Walking around the pitch and when he gets the ball then goes solo. Amazing how he declined in that area. 2 years ago he was all over the pitch, fighting, running etc...
Last season he started with this and this season he peaked in it
This is what it is. Been saying the same for a while now. He thinks he’s prime Ronaldo out there, which is of course completely unwarranted. He’s playing like a total dick.

Dan_F

Maybe he don't like to press anymore, and our manager no longer insist on our players to do press well.

Laissez-faire.
Yeah it’s only a guess with the injury. Bruno seems to be the one who now enjoys running around pressing, while everyone else stands there watching. That was Rashford up to 18 months ago.

Cecc07

Yeah, let's find excuses again and again for our underperforming players. I don't care for his great work of the field. He just don't have the brain of top football player. Neither the technical skills. He is great athlete and very good for teams that are set-up or counter attack, but he just isn't good enough for a team that should be dominating most of the time, he is not that good againts teams that are focused on defending with many players around the box.

Plymouth Red

I just looked back at page 1 of this thread and a few pages along the way to this one and there’s definitely consistency in the posts.
Not looking fit. Not working hard on the pitch. Not progressing. Lacking football intelligence. Selfish. Will this be the season we see him kick on?
Seems to be a situation that isn’t getting better so the big question is what will Ole do about it?
Benching him for a few games would be my answer.
A chance for a bit of a rest, more energy and impact when he comes on as sub. Chance to watch and learn from others, although he doesn’t strike me as a good learner. And a message that he isn’t indispensable or guaranteed a starting place.

cyberman

This is what it is. Been saying the same for a while now. He thinks he’s prime Ronaldo out there, which is of course completely unwarranted. He’s playing like a total dick.
Hr cant run around and press because he needs to be the through ball for Brunos ambitious passes.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Benching him for a few games would be my answer.
A chance for a bit of a rest, more energy and impact when he comes on as sub.
This is all very well, but honestly, who do we play instead? This is the season where I’ve genuinely come to the conclusion that we need pretty much a whole new first team front line. Not just the RW

Mason will hopefully carry on his development and become a great no9 (that’s what he is, not a wide player) so we should let him develop in that role, but aside from 33 year old Cavani, what other real options do we have?

This pattern of patchy and unreliable play from Rashford isn’t a new thing. Nor for Martial. Perpetual hot and cold performances can’t continue if we want to take that next step. We need them both to blow hot, together and for a tangible length of time. Feels like we’re always waiting for Rashford to arrive. Maybe he will. Maybe he won’t. In the meantime we need to keep moving forward and have an attack that is a constant threat, match to match, not just every 4 matches.

Plymouth Red

This is all very well, but honestly, who do we play instead? This is the season where I’ve genuinely come to the conclusion that we need pretty much a whole new first team front line. Not just the RW

Mason will hopefully carry on his development and become a great no9 (that’s what he is, not a wide player) so we should let him develop in that role, but aside from 33 year old Cavani, what other real options do we have?

This pattern of patchy and unreliable play from Rashford isn’t a new thing. Nor for Martial. Perpetual hot and cold performances can’t continue if we want to take that next step. We need them both to blow hot, together and for a tangible length of time. Feels like we’re always waiting for Rashford to arrive. Maybe he will. Maybe he won’t. In the meantime we need to keep moving forward and have an attack that is a constant threat, match to match, not just every 4 matches.
Totally get your point and undoubtedly it’s a self inflicted problem for the club.
We talk about youngsters on the verge of the first team so maybe we should blood a few more so we can see how close they are to properly stepping up.
If we don’t do this sometime soon, we already know from experience that they might be inclined to look elsewhere.
Particularly as they will have seen for themselves that the likes of Rashford and Martial aren’t on form and need benching.

HowieC

I think our midfield is currently underrated, and our defence is decent, albeit poor offensively.

It’s our attack which is weak. I think Greenwood is a future great, still too weak at the moment though. Cavani is good but past his expiry date. Martial is always hot and cold, and imo Rashford is not at the standard of a top club, andhas the weakest footballing fundamentals of our main 4 by far. Less said about James the better.

I can’t believe the expensive process of recruitment must go on after the absolute fortune we have spent over the last few years

Volumiza

I think our midfield is currently underrated, and our defence is decent, albeit poor offensively.

It’s our attack which is weak. I think Greenwood is a future great, still too weak at the moment though. Cavani is good but past his expiry date. Martial is always hot and cold, and imo Rashford is not at the standard of a top club, andhas the weakest footballing fundamentals of our main 4 by far. Less said about James the better.

I can’t believe the expensive process of recruitment must go on after the absolute fortune we have spent over the last few years
I’m with you on our MF. I think we’ve got a brilliant first choice MF with some decent options there.

Likewise the defence, admittedly not the greatest back 4 we’ve ever had but pretty good nonetheless.

I think if we had a better and more consistent forward line now we’d be flying.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I’m with you on our MF. I think we’ve got a brilliant first choice MF with some decent options there.

Likewise the defence, admittedly not the greatest back 4 we’ve ever had but pretty good nonetheless.

I think if we had a better and more consistent forward line now we’d be flying.
Marcus is just not consistent in that sense and needs space to run into to be impactful. For me that is his biggest problem and why we need an upgrade

Volumiza

Marcus is just not consistent in that sense and needs space to run into to be impactful. For me that is his biggest problem and why we need an upgrade
I agree. I do actually believe Marcus could play in a title winning side but only alongside two top drawer forwards. He shouldn’t be our main threat, as long as he’s considered our ‘top’ forward we’ll struggle ... unless of course he considerably ups his game. I’d never say there’s no chance of that happening as you can look stupid making predictions that then come round to bite you on the ass, but personally I don’t think there’s much more to see from Rashford although I very much hope I’m wrong.

AshRK

Top top player. If he was playing for real madrid people would go crazy for him.

el3mel

Our best forward, period. He can miss few chances but I can't imagine us without him. Baffling that few here are still slagging him off whenever he's poor.

-Supreme-

Played very well today.

But I wish people would stop making the injury excuse every time he plays badly.

Superunknown

Love the guy. Should be looking to improve on his tally from last season. If he keeps playing like this, he may well do it.

Swiss_Red89

I was worried he will play bad again after the first 25 minutes and will get destroyed in here. But then again he comes up with a piece of magic what makes him one of the highest rated young players in the world.

After the goal he was class, i'm happy to see him play with confidence and as a result at his very best. Brilliant performance all in all Marcus. We have seen so much brilliant play from him so far that i can't understand why so many still doubt him. He only has to work on consistency. But when fully fit, he's class.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So good to see him running at full speed again just gliding past players. Fantastic.

Swiss_Red89

He's obviously still injured. He avoids any upper body contact he can.
Am i the only one who didnt notice him in all the trainings pics this week on manutd? He seems to be rested for training at the moment. Or he just wasnt pictured, but i doubt that.

Dante

Average bang
On 79 goals for Manchester United at the age of only 23.

Already the 15th highest goalscorer in the history of the club.

2 more goals and he equals Eric Cantona.

He had a run a few minutes before the third goal that was absolute magic. Got the ball, nutmegged Baldock and sprinted about 30 yards inside riding a challenge from Jagielka. Wish it had ended in a goal, love this kid to bits. Can't believe I still consistently see "Greenwood is the better player" shouts on here. Greenwood's hopefully going to be unbelievable, but Rash is easily our best forward, there's a reason so many big clubs and managers rate him.

thepolice123

Love the guy. Should be looking to improve on his tally from last season. If he keeps playing like this, he may well do it.
Last season he had 15 goals by the end of December, 5 of them were penalties. He only took 1 so far this season,

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should have scored 4 tonight. Needs to sort his finishing out but his movement has been much improved recently, looked amazing when he went on that run with the nutmeg.

my god though he needs to stop cheating when it’s getting late and help the LB out more! So many times telles was left 2v1 with him just standing there watching.

cyberman

On 79 goals for Manchester United at the age of only 23.

Already the 15th highest goalscorer in the history of the club.

2 more goals and he equals Eric Cantona.
I think he gets 100 this season. Calling it now

Superunknown

What, 12 more goals? Yeah he should easily do better.
Hope he does. Would be delighted for him if he can get over that 20 league goal tally.

Last season he had 15 goals by the end of December, 5 of them were penalties. He only took 1 so far this season,
Yeah, Bruno taking the penalties will definitely have an impact on his stats in that respect. I feel that he gets the chances and has enough opportunities to get onto the scoresheet, but there are occasions where the finishing could be better. I mean, it's obviously improved a lot since when he first started banging them on, but there's always room for improvement. Him and Bruno are my current two favourite players and I imagine that they'll make up the bulk of our goals this season.

Bwuk

Started poor but was arguably motm. His first goal was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.