5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

youmeletsfly

The day United coaching staff and fans realise that Rashford is not a top class footballer is the day we will start to make progress. Under Ole he reminds me of Harry Kane . He is always picked even if he is out of form.

I have seen Daniel James perform better for Wales on the left than Rashford does for United. He is being selected on reputation and local boy status rather than on merit. All Ole needed to do was put James on the left and drop Rashford.

We will not win anything with Rashford as an automatic first team player. For me he is still a substitute on the bench.
This and the fact he already played like what, 250 games for United? At 26-27 his body will be shot.

JG3001

Massively overrated player given too many free passes cos he’s a local lad. A Burnley level striker, and too many of you on here are afraid to admit that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Needs benching, hard. Not sure what has happened to him, he does have natural ability and he looks to have natural athleticism, but he is completely devoid of energy or attacking intent.

We have options on the left, get James out there, or play Ighalo/Greenwood through the middle and move Martial out.

The Original

Get that he's divisive figure in are team (for some reason) but what exactly did he do today that was any worse than Martial, James or Greenwood? Genuinely struggling to see what any of them did to avoid the same level of criticism aimed at Rashford. The whole team from back to front was dead.
You expect people to come in here to criticize other players? Go check their respective performances threads. They are all getting.bashed.

starman

Getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez was absolutely the right thing to do to allow Martial and Rashford to flourish.
And i have championed Rashford for a long time but he needs to be kicking on to maintain the LF position.

LF is the most sought after position for the majority of right footed forwards, so there's so much talent out there, we need to atleast have a top 10 best player in the world playing there. Just going by the top 8 last season, he's probably the 6th best out of the starting LF's.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont understand why people are calling him overrated and crap.

This guy has a possibly career long injury as said by RVP & said it took him over a year to get even remotely better.

Go suck on your Sancho. That's the overrated crap who struggles to do anything outside the Bundesliga. :lol:

Marcus

Post-injury he seems to have lost confidence, ability and fitness. If he can't get these back, he is done.

AsonUnique

I think it was wise he didn't go on international duty and he still needs more rest. Tactically he has no chance, he had 2-3 defenders on him most of the time he got the ball. Him and Shaw need to switch positions when attacking the box. I love seeing him bomb down the field on counters but he has lost his confidence with taking players on when the game is compressed in and near the box.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We really need to give him a rest. I don't think he's recovered from his injury. Back injury, as well, not a small matter.

Lentwood

The idea that a minor stress fracture in his back has anything to do with his form is laughable

Has always been just a very, very mediocre player

We do this at Utd. Make every excuse under the sun rather than face reality. I can feel the tide turning though - even his most ardent supporters are getting fed up

RkkMan

This guy has a possibly career long injury as said by RVP & said it took him over a year to get even remotely better.

Go suck on your Sancho. That's the overrated crap who struggles to do anything outside the Bundesliga. :lol:
So you`re happy to continue giving a horribly out of form player more games with zero competition or intention to show him he needs to buckle up or he`ll get dropped for a whole year? Which could cost us games in the process?? You must have been the same people who refused to accept Rooney was finished not saying Rashford is done but extremely naive to think we should just fold our hands and let him cost us games without telling him to buckle up he is not at the level to give him Ronaldo/Messi treatment.
You call Sancho overrated because he`s in the Bundesliga I give you 4 words: De Bruyne and Sane

M Bison

Supports
York City
Make some off the ball runs behind the defenders you idiot!

This! Why are the coaches not screaming at him to do this instead of dropping deep and closing the space, it's so much easier to defend against and makes it much more difficult for the player in possession to do something!

Maureen-yo

This! Why are the coaches not screaming at him to do this instead of dropping deep and closing the space, it's so much easier to defend against and makes it much more difficult for the player in possession to do something!
I’ve thought this for a while and I think it’s down to a complete lack of belief in his own ability at the moment. I wouldn’t mind if he was dropping deep and then surging forward and beating his man but 9/10 he recieved it deep and plays a simple short pass back or inside.

Stretender

People are calling him overrated because he is overrated. He might be a squad player, but is not good enough to start for a title challenging team.

Sancho is miles ahead of Rashford in every aspect of his game. His passing is crisp and precise. If you see Sancho laying off assist after assist in every game, what stands out is how perfectly measured those passes are. They are not over cooked and undercooked, they are just pin point.

I would not worry about Sancho's performance for England. The England team is poorly coached. No one looks better in it.

Make some off the ball runs behind the defenders you idiot!
He hasn't got a good football brain Rashford. Kick and rush footballer, always looks down. Trust me am from Manchester and when I argue with my mates about Rashford , all they can say is but Rashford is from Manchester he must play. Ole follows that logic as well, local lad blah blah blah.

The truth of the matter is Rashford is a good footballer but is no where near the levels of a first team player at a big club.

I also believe because of that, he hinders our transfer policy. Take Grealish for example, the consensus is he can't be signed because Rashford plays in that position. So what? No one should be guaranteed a place in the team, they must earn it.

He seems like a nice guy, local lad, doesn't cause problems and is the new Bob Geldof, but that should not form part of the manager's thinking in team selection.

I don't rate him as a footballer personally. He is alright, thats it.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The truth of the matter is Rashford is a good footballer but is no where near the levels of a first team player at a big club.
He's an inconsistent footballer. When he's good he's easily good enough to be in the starting line-up at a big club, so what he needs to do is show that form more consistently. Something he seemed to be doing last season as he had a 2-3 month period where he was our best player and one of the best in the league, but then he got the back injury and has since been very poor.

It also has to be remembered that he's still only 22. Some inconsistency is to be expected. 21-24 are the ages where most players start becoming more consistent, so him starting to show that last season is showing he was on track for that. The question is whether his current form is an outlier due to the injury still effecting him (either physically or mentally) or if something else is wrong, because what he is showing now is something he's never shown before. He was always willing to try things before even when he wasn't playing well (indeed that was part of the problem as he'd try to do too much), but now he's playing like he's scared or he's got no confidence in what he's doing.

Coops73

I don’t know what’s happened here. Is he still suffering from his back injury? other shit on his mind perhaps?

Whatever it is it needs addressing sharpish because he’s been really poor of late.

UpWithRivers

How anyone can say hes sht is beyond me. He got 22 goals and 11 assists last season across all comps. Yeah we can debate if he is world class or has the capability to be. But sht? That shouldnt be a debate. He is as good as Zaha at least? No? Zaha got what 4 goals and 5 assists last year and tore in us yesterday. If Rashford played like Zaha yesterday we might have won. Rashford does blow hot and cold. His consistency is an issue. Youth can only be an excuse for so long. Ask Lingard. But he is also much worse after injury. Something is definitely off. He plays like someone who had a horrific injury and is afraid of injuring himself again.

Rob67

Rashford has been really poor since the restart. Not sure if it's the injury, loss of confidence or the other stuff that he's now involved in. He needs to sort his head out because these performances are just not good enough.

Lyng

Calling him shit and overrated is downright embarrasing. Rashford when at his best is fantastic and easily a starter for us.
But whether it be injuries or lack of confidence he is clearly in a bad spot right now and desperately needs some time out of the first 11. Given that we havent signed Sancho that is impossible though.
Again it all falls back on the Glazers and Woodward...

KennyBurner

The idea that a minor stress fracture in his back has anything to do with his form is laughable

We do this at Utd. Make every excuse under the sun rather than face reality. I can feel the tide turning though - even his most ardent supporters are getting fed up
I agree but don’t classify him as very mediocre. He is elite physically but technically very average which is the problem. Simple things like his first touch and passing let him down more often than not. He also isn’t very inventive with his passes and most of it is obvious.
Before the injury he like to run at defenders but now he receives the ball on the edge and doesn’t have the trickery to take on any. He is acting like James who receives the ball and immediately passes it back because either he knows he can’t dribble or is lacking in confidence.

POF

He's been really poor since his back injury. It's such a shame because he was in career best form at the time.

The biggest worry is that it's permanent. It would be a huge blow if he fails to recover. United's attacking options are bad enough.

RkkMan

Rashford`s current form is an even bigger reason why we need to move heaven and earth for Sancho. He needs to know he can`t keep up his bad form forever and there is someone(Sancho/Greenwood/Martial) who will happily take his place if he keeps under performing. It should either light a fire up his belt or he should accept being a super sub like Ole but one thing for sure he needs competition and from a top player not more Daniel James esque players

Edy2

Calling him shit and overrated is downright embarrasing. Rashford when at his best is fantastic and easily a starter for us.
But whether it be injuries or lack of confidence he is clearly in a bad spot right now and desperately needs some time out of the first 11. Given that we havent signed Sancho that is impossible though.
Again it all falls back on the Glazers and Woodward...
Yeah but he's not at his best anywhere near often enough to be a starter at a top club. Until he's more consistent he will get this kind of criticism.

Lyng

Yeah but he's not at his best anywhere near often enough to be a starter at a top club. Until he's more consistent he will get this kind of criticism.
i actually agree, which is why I believe he needs some games as a sub instead of starter, but our current squad makes that impossible.

Edy2

i actually agree, which is why I believe he needs some games as a sub instead of starter, but our current squad makes that impossible.
One option would be a diamond in midfield with Bruno at the tip and 2 up top, Greenwood and martial. I think ole will have to start to try and experiment with things like this as there is no point having passengers in the starting 11.

Banana Republic

Massively overrated player given too many free passes cos he’s a local lad.
People are calling him overrated because he is overrated. He might be a squad player, but is not good enough to start for a title challenging team.
He hasn't got a good football brain Rashford. Kick and rush footballer, always looks down......
.......no where near the levels of a first team player at a big club.....
He's an inconsistent footballer.....
......now he's playing like he's scared or he's got no confidence in what he's doing.
......pHe is elite physically but technically very average which is the problem. Simple things like his first touch and passing let him down more often than not. He also isn’t very inventive with his passes and most of it is obvious....
There’s not a lot to add really.
Even when he was in his golden spell and scoring for fun, it was clear that his technical ability was limited and decision making was very poor. Kick and rush and good finishing only gets you so far. In this case being a 5 minute wonder.
I was as pleased as most other Utd fans when he was doing so well, but even then I didn’t think Rashford was good enough as a footballer to be a first choice for Utd, if we wanted to remain as an elite team.

Hawks2008

If its his back hampering him again he might need another spell out of the team.

Bebestation

Sancho is miles ahead of Rashford in every aspect of his game. His passing is crisp and precise. If you see Sancho laying off assist after assist in every game, what stands out is how perfectly measured those passes are. They are not over cooked and undercooked, they are just pin point.

I would not worry about Sancho's performance for England. The England team is poorly coached. No one looks better in it.

He hasn't got a good football brain Rashford. Kick and rush footballer, always looks down. Trust me am from Manchester and when I argue with my mates about Rashford , all they can say is but Rashford is from Manchester he must play. Ole follows that logic as well, local lad blah blah blah.

I also believe because of that, he hinders our transfer policy. Take Grealish for example, the consensus is he can't be signed because Rashford plays in that position. So what? No one should be guaranteed a place in the team, they must earn it.

He seems like a nice guy, local lad, doesn't cause problems and is the new Bob Geldof, but that should not form part of the manager's thinking in team selection.

I don't rate him as a footballer personally. He is alright, thats it.
I couldn't give a crap what you & @RkkMan & all the other newbies think.

It's not because Rashford is crap but because he has such a serious injury in his spine which effects his posture and possibly his Gait if you understood anything about medicine.

RVP talks all about how it effected his career all through out & all you "supporters" really dont give a shit do you? You really dont.

Utter rubbish of a support. Like di Maria's coronavirus spit.

Yuk.

Talking about how Sancho's passing is smooth and crisp, the guy hasnt scored a single complicated to complex goal in his bloody life that requires some significant finishing abilities and people are willing to just call Rashford overrated after such an injury and chuck him in the bin.

Go bin off you City like money like supporters. Dont talk to me.

Stretender

I couldn't give a crap what you & @RkkMan & all the other newbies think.

It's not because Rashford is crap but because he has such a serious injury in his spine which effects his posture and possibly his Gait if you understood anything about medicine.

RVP talks all about how it effected his career all through out & all you "supporters" really dont give a shit do you? You really dont.

Utter rubbish of a support. Like di Maria's coronavirus spit.

Yuk.

Talking about how Sancho's passing is smooth and crisp, the guy hasnt scored a single complicated to complex goal in his bloody life that requires some significant finishing abilities and people are willing to just call Rashford overrated after such an injury and chuck him in the bin.

Go bin off you City like money like supporters. Dont talk to me.
Sounds like you are having a bad day.

This is a forum for opinions not like some political party website where everyone is praising our almighty leader. If you can't handle the heat, the kitchen is not your place.

People can disagree with your opinion and am one of them.

I don't rate Rashford not just now but ever since he came onto the scene. Kick and rush footballer, always looks down when running and misses the opportunity to find a player opening up space becauseof that. By the time he executes his final ball the chance is gone.

Good footballer to have in a squad as an option but not a guaranteed starter for me in a team wanting to challenge. His decision making is very poor.

That's my opinion and the reasons behind it. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, don't respond to the post and just ignore it. Its childish telling someone go and support city just because they don't rate your favourite player. Laughable post.

Bebestation

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

This is a forum for opinions not like some political party website where everyone is praising our almighty leader. If you can't handle the heat, the kitchen is not your place.

People can disagree with your opinion and am one of them.

I don't rate Rashford not just now but ever since he came onto the scene. Kick and rush footballer, always looks down when running and misses the opportunity to find a player opening up space becauseof that. By the time he executes his final ball the chance is gone.

Good footballer to have in a squad as an option but not a guaranteed starter for me in a team wanting to challenge. His decision making is very poor.

That's my opinion and the reasons behind it. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, don't respond to the post and just ignore it. Its childish telling someone go and support city just because they don't rate your favourite player. Laughable post.
Yes I dont want to listen to a guy who thinks Rashford is a kick and rush footballer :lol:

Enjoy your football mate. Great understanding.

Last edited:

Frank White

You expect people to come in here to criticize other players? Go check their respective performances threads. They are all getting.bashed.
That's the thing, read this thread then go read Martial's who was no better yesterday and the difference is staggering.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's the thing, read this thread then go read Martial's who was no better yesterday and the difference is staggering.
Martial has had plenty of venom thrown his way over the years, far more than pretty much any other player barring Pogba. He's just built a bit more credit towards the end of the season than Rashford has, regardless of the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.