5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

I think he did the right time by taking the shot himself. If the pass goes to Cavani they have 3 players ready to charge him.

Mike Smalling

It wasn't a good performance yesterday except for the goal, but none of our forward players incl. Bruno played well. He kept going and got the victory in a tough game, which is what matters.

It has been a strange season for him so far, but as of right now he is our joint top goal scorer. Also worth noting that he has almost reached last seasons goal tally when excluding penalties (13 this year so far, 15 last season). Just hope he can stay fit and keep it up!

Stacks

'I wanted to go at him' - Man Utd match-winner Rashford reveals plan to exploit Wolves youngster Ait-Nouri

The Red Devils hero spoke of his scheme to take advantage of the young defender - in what proved to be the match's crucial moment

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has revealed his plan to exploit tiring Wolves wing-back Rayan Ait-Nouri that resulted in the crucial match-winning goal.

Rashford struck the vital blow in the 93rd minute as the Red Devils sunk Wolves 1-0 at Old Trafford to go second in the Premier League table heading into the New Year.

The 23-year-old ran in behind the tiring Ait-Nouri to receive Bruno Fernandes' pass, before cutting inside and finding the back of the net after a wicked deflection off Romain Saiss.

Ait-Nouri went down injured shortly before Fernandes played the assist to Rashford, with the 19-year-old getting up and scrambling to try to get back into position.

Rashford said he noticed the young wing-back struggling with his fitness and aimed to take advantage by constantly running in behind the French defender.

"It’s the deciding goal," Rashford said to reporters post-match. "Probably not the most beautiful but we will take what we can get and take the three points and move on.

"Today was tough but we expected a tough game but managed to get over the line.

"The full-back had cramp a few minutes before so I just had it in my head I wanted to go at him and make him chop and turn and just see if I could make something happen and thankfully in the end we got a deflection.

"It means a lot. We were a little disappointed that we didn’t play as well as we wanted to or could have but it is three points and no matter how scrappy it was we will take it.

----

This is why "football fans" will never ununderstand the sport.

Always chucking their players under the bus, great stuff and acting like they manage the club better than the manager whilst they know the sport better than the footballers.

@Stacks have a look mate
I'm not surprised.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I really love the lad and the player as much I liked Rooney. I'm criticising him often because like Rooney, I really rate him, and want him to do a lot better. That's all about expectation about a player and what you think he's capable of. When AWB is average, well he's average but when this kind of players who you rate highly are average, they're bad for me because you know they are another level/talent/expectation.
It's so frustrating to watch him sometimes. One thing I still can't get is why he doesn't chase the ball as he did 2-3 years ago.
I sympathise with this sentiment a lot. I was one of the main people getting on his case a couple of seasons ago because he was just mostly terrible week in week out and I still think his attitude was questionable then. But ever since he first broke through never doubted he was an immense talent. He does look frustrating at times but you just can't argue with his stats these days. And what is most impressive is just that will to win that the truly elite players have - he definitely has that. I think about 25/26 if he continues like this he will definitely be one of the best ten players in the world.

A while back it was laughable to compare him with Mbappe but i'm not so sure these days. If you watch Mbappe he also does a tonne of things per game that don't come off or work out. And I think Rashford has some qualities that are better or at least on a level with Mbappe, his shooting from range is unquestionably better imo though I'm pretty glad he's stopped doing it all the time.

Could be speculation but i think the gradual freezing out of Lingard is helping. Lingard's attitude is/was just all wrong and i'm sure it rubbed off on Rashford. He seems so focussed and determined to become an elite player now and it's such a great thing to see.

I'll never get on anyone's case just because they have a different viewpoint though (obv not poster i'm replying to), That 'holier than thou' thought police shit does my head in.

The United

Any one has the stats for him regarding with scoring from left and right wings? I was thinking we should use him on the right wing more instead of greenwood and Martial on the left. Greenwood should be up top or used as a sub depends on how his form is.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If he had Nani shirt on, no one would even notice it's Rashford yesterday, and it was one of those bad-Nani days. In the end he even scored Nani type of goal.

But I like both of them because of their forward thinking, even when Rashford is the worst player on the pitch he keeps trying, he doesn't hide, just like Nani was.

Dante

Average bang

At the age of only 23, Rashford has scored more clutch goals than any other United player in PL history. And that's for a club famous for 'Fergie time' late winners.

Incredible player. Incredible human being. We thought the PSG penalty might have been a one-off. Marcus Rashford eats pressure for breakfast.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

At the age of only 23, Rashford has scored more clutch goals than any other United player in PL history. And that's for a club that's famous for 'Fergie time' late winners.

Incredible player. Incredible human being. We thought the PSG penalty might have been a one-off. Marcus Rashford eats pressure for breakfast.
Hull away
???
Wolves home

Which one am I missing?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

At the age of only 23, Rashford has scored more clutch goals than any other United player in PL history. And that's for a club famous for 'Fergie time' late winners.

Rashford time, indeed. :drool:

Swiss_Red89

If Rashford missed the chances of Salah today i think he would have been destroyed here and his inconsistent finishing would stop him from becoming a Salah level player.

All of Salah, Son or Mane have played really bad games lately. (And i watched nearly every game of Spurs and Liverpool the past two months). I think Rashford isn't far away from them anymore if he keeps pushing, learning and improving.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If Rashford missed the chances of Salah today i think he would have been destroyed here and his inconsistent finishing would stop him from becoming a Salah level player.

All of Salah, Son or Mane have played really bad games lately. (And i watched nearly every game of Spurs and Liverpool the past two months). I think Rashford isn't far away from them anymore if he keeps pushing, learning and improving.
Clowns here don't watch football apart from United, that's the only explanation I have for the "top attackers score with one chance" that I see on here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Exactly. Somehow few assume that these players finishes off every chance.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Clowns here don't watch football apart from United, that's the only explanation I have for the "top attackers score with one chance" that I see on here.
They're not clinical. Mane, Salah and Aubameyang during his prime missed a lot of sitters. Aubameyang last season missed at least 3 sitters that would be ranked among the worst misses of the season.
Even Werner who some people on here were waxing lyrical missed a ton of chances for Leipzig despite scoring a ton of goals. These players may overall look better than those of the past but they as sure are worse when it comes to finishing chances.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Well ideally we’d want a striker who we could compare with players like that when they’re playing well, not when they’re playing badly.

I’m confident that will happen when Rashford is the same age as them. Meanwhile we’re relying on their poor form for us to get ahead of them in the league.

Swiss_Red89

Well ideally we’d want a striker who we could compare with players like that when they’re playing well, not when they’re playing badly.

I’m confident that will happen when Rashford is the same age as them. Meanwhile we’re relying on their poor form for us to get ahead of them in the league.
I get your point and you're are clearly not wrong. But Salah and Son are statistically two of the best performers so far this season, so you can't really say "they are playing badly". I just wanted to show, that even the top dogs can be incosistent in their game and finishing.

I don't want to say that Rashford is on their level yet, he isn't. But he has all the ability to reach this level. Rashford on his best is a joy to watch and absolutely sensational imo. To be fair the days he really is on top of his game are still rare. He just has to find a way to show this performance level more consistently and i'm sure he's heading into the right direction. And i think our fanbase should support him more while he's doing it and not hammer him after every miss, bad decision or bad game.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I get your point and you're are clearly not wrong. But Salah and Son are statistically one of the best performers so far this season, so you can't really say "they are playing badly". I just wanted to show, that even the top dogs can be incosistent in their game and finishing.

I don't want to say that Rashford is on their level yet, he isn't. But he has all the ability to reach this level. Rashford on his best is a joy to watch and absolutely sensational imo. He just has to find a way to show this performance level more consistant and i'm sure he's heading into the right direction. And i think our fanbase should support him more while he's doing it and not hammer him after every miss, bad decision or bad game.
Fully in agreement with you. Good post.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
He’s the most polarising player I have ever seen.

I was just getting lambasted a couple days ago by the pro-rashford lobby , and knew i would only have to wait a few days for another rollercoaster of a performance.

He has seemed rather lucky lately with chances such as brunos scuffed shot being passed directly to him with the goal yawning in front of him the game before last, and the deflection the last game.

Still i must admit he has probably improved his positioning as it can’t all be luck, having multiple clear chances fall to you every game.

I’m just dismayed at the sheer groupthink in this forum, and need to denigrate posters who are unimpressed by his ability.

When you watch martial you feel a complete player is in there, just lacking the right mentality.

With greenwood, i think we have the next phenomenon, just a little young, and lacking in physicality.

With rashy, he just lacks consistent technique and touch, and only his incredible physicality and sheer determination smooth out his choppy performances. His decision making isn’t good too, and that’s something he must really work on. He isn’t young by any means.
He hasn't been 'lucky lately', he's been very good to outstanding a lot of the time since he first broke out. Yes, he's had some barren patches and injuries that have affected his level, but I think that's normal and even the best players have these. He's largely made his own luck, repeatedly, and it's obvious he's not a one season wonder.

A good indicator of decision making would be goals and assists. He's doing well on that front. I like Martial, and agree there's a player in there, but if anyone needs to sort out their decision making it's him.

Many fans seem to over rate flair and dribbling, which are no doubt useful tools to have in your box, but unless they are used to an end they mean very little. At the same time determination and effort seem to be criminally underrated.

GoldTrafford99

Marucs Rashford is as good or much better than any player who has ever come through our academy.

Any 'fan' criticising him is talking utter dung.

He will prove to be our greatest ever academy graduate.

Frank White

Didn't do much and looked cooked for most of the game. Hopefully gets some rest for the next 2 games or at the very least Watford.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Dreadful today, sometimes he just doesn't get his head up and pass the ball to people in a better position.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The amazing thing is that he's only really played well in about four matches this season. The rest of the time his overall performances have been quite lazy and poor, but he's managed to keep scoring and assisting at a fairly good rate. On the one hand it's a bit worrying about what he'll provide if the end product dries up, but on the other hand if he's getting the stats now imagine the damage he'll do if he actually kicks into form properly.

marktan

I thought he was very good on the RW - selfish yes but compared to having nothing there usually it was a huge plus having him out there. Wan Bissaka got to make more runs in behind, and Shaw had more space on the other side due to our left side not being overloaded.

The one down side is that Rashford often had to take shots on his left foot, and a lot of them were weak. A left footed player bangs some of those shots in. But overral Rashford in the last season or two has become a very classy player.

Idxomer

Movement is superb, his decision making though is very frustrating

el3mel

His shooting felt off today, like it was too weak in several instances.

Steven7290

Right now he mostly comes alive in the late game when everyone is drained. Decision making aside, what the hell is wrong with his crosses? its not the first time either he makes Bebe proud.

El Jefe

Only difference today is a deflected shot didn't go in. The stat warriors continue to throw his numbers about but performances like today happen too often for my liking. His decision making was awful today, you'd think he just broke into the team with some of the choices he made.

Very good player no doubt but he needs to sort it out.

siw2007

Could be our RW going forwards, had a good game in that position tonight. Some excellent runs and played a part in the opener with a great flick. Unlucky not to get a goal with that shot that just went over the bar in the 2nd.

Stacks

The amazing thing is that he's only really played well in about four matches this season. The rest of the time his overall performances have been quite lazy and poor, but he's managed to keep scoring and assisting at a fairly good rate. On the one hand it's a bit worrying about what he'll provide if the end product dries up, but on the other hand if he's getting the stats now imagine the damage he'll do if he actually kicks into form properly.
I felt he was a threat today. You can see he isn't comfortable cutting into his left but made 3 good through balls in the first half and did the flick leading to first goal. Made a great through ball to Shaw 2nd half to get him in behind. Was bit greedy today

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Considering he was played out of position I thought he was alright, need to get him back on the left though

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Thought he was actually pretty good today considering he was playing in his least favoured position.

Finishing and decision making could have been better though!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Could be our RW going forwards, had a good game in that position tonight. Some excellent runs and played a part in the opener with a great flick. Unlucky not to get a goal with that shot that just went over the bar in the 2nd.
He was a little unlucky he was coming onto his left.

My god he’s so skilful, he’s really becoming an excellent footballer, his energy and stretching of defenders, his skill, his passing even.

He’s some player, it didn’t quite come off for him tonight but he keeps going and we need to say to him to keep going and be Marcus Rashford.

El Zoido

Not his best game, but I love his confidence. It’s a vital attribute to have because it means he will always potentially contribute even after having a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.