Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
He's shown he can be an immense player playing from the left at times. Needs to be moved back there. Looks terrible on the right, will never be that kind of player. He is strongest cutting onto his stronger foot and making runs off the defender's shoulders from the left hand side.

Terminator

While he was below par last night, him moving to right wing has transformed our team in terms of organization, pressing consistency and attacking unpredictability IMO. We now can attack from both sides of the pitch.

When we actually get a proper top class RW and Rashford moves back to the left, it will improve us a team even more.

Threesus

Let us not pretend like he isn't usually shit on the left as well.
If he is so shit, I wonder why he has got 22 g/a this season. He was below par last night, but to say he is shit on the left is so blatantly false. He is certainly better than Martial and Pogba on the left, and the only decent player on the right.
On the whole, looks like most of our attackers massively divide opinions, it seems. From reading redcafe, the only solution is to buy Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland and relegate Martial, Marcus and mason permanently to the bench.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Let us not pretend like he isn't usually shit on the left as well.
He’s better on the left but I still say we need a top drawer RW and another top drawer CF. Rashfords problem is that because we don’t have great options (Cavani aside) we rely on him too much.

Mason might come good in a year or two but we need better ‘now’ options regardless of Masons development.

Cavani is brill but he’s 33 and can’t play every match. Rashford can definitely be part of a top side from the left but we desperately need more quality up front.

ash_86

You think the right would suit Martial?
He literally can only take any shot with the inside of his foot.
Rashford is ahead for me in terms of contribution so would be effective from the left. Martial foor hasn't been great wherever he's played along the front 3 so it doesnt matter much imo.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
At least people have stopped using the back injury excuse. Rashford lacks football intelligence, that to me is his biggest problem. He is a very talented player, i agree with the earlier posters that he seems to be beating his man easier but it's the stage after that. The picking out the right pass or the right teammate. Anyways hattrick at anfield please

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
At least people have stopped using the back injury excuse. Rashford lacks football intelligence, that to me is his biggest problem. He is a very talented player, i agree with the earlier posters that he seems to be beating his man easier but it's the stage after that. The picking out the right pass or the right teammate. Anyways hattrick at anfield please
Yes he really struggled to pick out the right pass to Pogba today for the assist... :rolleyes:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's shown he can be an immense player playing from the left at times. Needs to be moved back there. Looks terrible on the right, will never be that kind of player. He is strongest cutting onto his stronger foot and making runs off the defender's shoulders from the left hand side.
Not that i entirely disagree, but he did finish the game with an assist and has shown more than once that he can whip in a pretty good cross with his right foot. I agree that hes more dangerous if he can cut inside from the left and take a shot, but hes not completely wasted on the right either

Although Greenwood has a bit of second season syndrome i think he should be playing at the right since hes good with both feet

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not a great game and not playing particularly well at the moment. He’ll come good, I’m sure of that, sooner the better though, we’ll need all the firepower we can get over the next weeks and months.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yes he really struggled to pick out the right pass to Pogba today for the assist... :rolleyes:
Yeah set it up for a tap in he did. He was in better positions on the right a few more times and basically just smashed it across goal hitting the first man usually. Whoscored gave him 0/4 accurate crosses. If you want to count the assist that makes it 1/5. I want him to improve his game, if you don't that's your problem.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Didn't look good last night, but got the vital assist. Needs to improve his decision making as we are getting in so many good positions, but don't make the best of them more often than not.

I expect him to turn it around quick.

youngrell

I like him on the right because he usually stretches the full back on that side at least.

Hardly tried that last night though, which was strange given the opponent and the amount of space he had to go on the outside.

He seems to have gone from total head down, running into blind alleys to not running at all. It is very frustrating when he does his standing still routine, he doesn’t have the passing range to play like that. A simple shift of the ball and burst of speed would open up so many more avenues for him but he seems reluctant to do it.

Mcking

If he is so shit, I wonder why he has got 22 g/a this season. He was below par last night, but to say he is shit on the left is so blatantly false. He is certainly better than Martial and Pogba on the left, and the only decent player on the right.
On the whole, looks like most of our attackers massively divide opinions, it seems. From reading redcafe, the only solution is to buy Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland and relegate Martial, Marcus and mason permanently to the bench.
He got an assist last game, and he was still shit. I meant this season anyway.

Sylar

Fantastic assist. His game was a mixed bag. Not having a set position can do that at times.

I dont know if hes being conservative or has doubts about himself, but there are times when he just looks like hes a robot thats been rebooted, and he has to stop then start again when he receives the ball.
Then other times his pace is frightening and a better pass puts him in.

I think he will be key vs Liverpool though especially if their defence wont be at their strongest.

UpWithRivers

Another victim of our inability to buy a RW (Diallo and Pellestri dont count - too young and wont be ready for years).

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yeah set it up for a tap in he did. He was in better positions on the right a few more times and basically just smashed it across goal hitting the first man usually. Whoscored gave him 0/4 accurate crosses. If you want to count the assist that makes it 1/5. I want him to improve his game, if you don't that's your problem.
He picked out the right pass. He waited for Pogba to get into a threatening position and rather than recycling play or just hit and hoping into a packed box he picked a clever pass and Pogba did the rest.

He hasn’t been perfect but he’s not a RW so out of position he’s still making an impact.

Stupid straw man argument. He contributed last game and can also improve. Not mutually exclusive you doughnut

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He picked out the right pass. He waited for Pogba to get into a threatening position and rather than recycling play or just hit and hoping into a packed box he picked a clever pass and Pogba did the rest.

He hasn’t been perfect but he’s not a RW so out of position he’s still making an impact.

Stupid straw man argument. He contributed last game and can also improve. Not mutually exclusive you doughnut
Don't use strawmen when you can't even recognize when you're doing it yourself muppet

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Don't use strawmen when you can't even recognize when you're doing it yourself muppet
Mine isn’t though. My only point was that you saying he cannot pick out the right pass at the right moment isn’t true otherwise he wouldn’t have picked out Pogba today. That is my argument.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Anyone else a bit confused by his general body language in recent games? Seems to be playing within himself to the point where at times last night it was like he was sulking.

Can't complain too much as he's putting up the numbers and making key contributions but I really doubt he's 100% at the moment and the sub indicates that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Mine isn’t though. My only point was that you saying he cannot pick out the right pass at the right moment isn’t true otherwise he wouldn’t have picked out Pogba today. That is my argument.
Find me where i said he cannot. He obviously can but does not do it consistently enough. It's an area of his game he should work on.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Find me where i said he cannot. He obviously can but does not do it consistently enough. It's an area of his game he should work on.
You claim he lacks football intelligence and that he struggles to pick the right pass or right teammate. Yesterday’s game he did exactly that at the crucial moment.

I agree he could improve but to be fair he’s been better at creating from the left than the right and so it’s not his natural delivery position. It does make a difference to the angle and curve you need to apply to the pass for it to be successful so I’m happy to give him more leeway for now as we don’t have a perfect alternative on RW unless you have a better suggestion?

Lewnited

He definitely struggled last night, but not because he played from the right. He's had performances equally as bad this season from the left, and some very good ones from the right.
The reality is he's just inconsistent in his performances, probably because the last 18 months of his career is the only time he's spent playing solely as an inside forward, as opposed to rotating between that and as a CF. The most important thing is his productivity which is ridiculously good for his age, consistency in his performances will come with time.

BarstoolProphet

The weird thing about Rashford is that you can immediately spot when he's having one of his bad games. It's like he has that 'pedestrian mode' turned on where he can't be arsed to make any runs, standing still when having the ball followed by a backpass and generally slowing everything down. He did produce a good assist yesterday but I really do believe he should be taken off early when he's having that kind of game. Maybe he's tired, angry at being placed on the right, getting too big for his boots from now and then? Dunno, but up to the manager to give him a kick up the backside when he's showing that kind of attitude. Either by resting him completely or taking him off early. Luckily for us he's showing that he's a fantastic footballer more often than not, it's just that little bit of extra he's missing that's needed to take him to the very top individually or for us to rely on him as our main man.

romufc

I don't mind him having a bad game against Burnley. Hopefully he saves his best for Liverpool.

Need every player to be on it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was really poor yesterday and easily our worst player. Hopefully he pulls his finger out and picks up his performance against Liverpool as we really need him to show up. He could be the difference maker in that game.

RuudtheRed

He wasn't great yesterday but he has the knack of producing a vital assist or goal when the team needs it. He still blows hold and cold but that's to be expected due to his age.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford is a moments player. He will run into brick walls at times and he will give the ball away cheaply but he will also come up with something in a big moment like he did last night.

His goal contributions this season are incredibly good it can't be denied. Him n Bruno have carried us.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You claim he lacks football intelligence and that he struggles to pick the right pass or right teammate. Yesterday’s game he did exactly that at the crucial moment.

I agree he could improve but to be fair he’s been better at creating from the left than the right and so it’s not his natural delivery position. It does make a difference to the angle and curve you need to apply to the pass for it to be successful so I’m happy to give him more leeway for now as we don’t have a perfect alternative on RW unless you have a better suggestion?
Correct. Glad we got there eventually. Yes he did do that one time yesterday and it led to a goal. Lets hope he improves and does it more consistently.

Mr Smith

Not playing well but he is out of position. Playing as a wide forward on the right is one thing, but he was almost a right midfielder in this game. Hope to see him back on the left soon.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
14 goals and 5 assists in 28 apps despite being constantly played in different positions and supposedly being 'awful' just shows how good he can be.

Martial has 5 goals and 5 assists in 21 apps by comparison.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone else a bit confused by his general body language in recent games? Seems to be playing within himself to the point where at times last night it was like he was sulking.

Can't complain too much as he's putting up the numbers and making key contributions but I really doubt he's 100% at the moment and the sub indicates that.
Genuinely looked like he had only found out at kickoff he was on the right, and had a big ole sulk about it.

Hopefully gets back to it soon, still relatively young and these things happen.

eire-red

Problem with this is that our entire game gets focused to the left wing, everyone drifts over and we become very vulnerable to a counter on the right, along with our right wing being entirely useless in the attack, thus contesting space in the middle and left because teams leave the right open as Wan Bissaka alone won't do much. Put Rashford on the right, and suddenly our build up and threat is balanced on both sides of the pitch and we stop the switches of play better just because they can't overload on the other side quickly anymore.
The solution to that is finding a balanced right wing, with a natural right winger who can form a consistent partnership with AWB.

Putting Rashford on the right nullifies all of his strengths. He's much better from the left than Martial. Fine for now while we're lacking in terms of RW options, but I hope this isn't a longer term vision of Ole's.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He should work on his weaker foot which will help him to play on either side.

FujiVice

He's had a class season on and off the field. One of the main reasons we are top of the league in January. He has more good games than bad ones.

Peterfeeter

He wasn't great yesterday but he has the knack of producing a vital assist or goal when the team needs it. He still blows hold and cold but that's to be expected due to his age.
Exactly. He can have a poor performance but suddenly make a big difference and win the game.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Poor performance. His stopping on the ball and consulting the gods whether to pass or not instead of driving at defenders is driving me crazy. Most of his touches were off too. Good assist though.

Need a big game from him on Sunday, I'm guessing he'll be playing in a front two with Cavani
Interestingly you criticise him for one thing which brought us the only goal of the game! I generaly agree though. He´s playing more in a walking tempo and I ahve no objections for his change of play sometimes and decides to be a creater. He´s got good vision and can find a good pass either it´s a run of Shaw or others. Shouldn´t stop soing what´s he was best at when he started making runs and constantly being available in dangerous positions taking on defenders. Work harder off the ball.

Saying all this I beleive RW isnot the best position for him.I understand Ole wants to experiment a bit with Cavani up fornt and Marcus being able to put a cross in but you take away from him his shooting ability, cutting to themiddle which causes much more problems to the oppositions and opens them up more than a compact side who awaits a cross in to the box, even if he doesnt pull the trigger lately, you see defenders commit only to be fooled by a quick too passes around them. We still need a proper RW/ inside RF with a good left foot

eire-red

I'm expecting a big game from Rashford tomorrow, and I think that's what really sets him apart from the other young talents in world football.

How often does he deliver when we need him the most? It's a brilliant trait to have.

He has to play on the left against TAA tomorrow. He tore TAA a new one at OT a couple years ago, he definitely has the beating of him.

lost7

I'm expecting a big game from Rashford tomorrow, and I think that's what really sets him apart from the other young talents in world football.

How often does he deliver when we need him the most? It's a brilliant trait to have.

He has to play on the left against TAA tomorrow. He tore TAA a new one at OT a couple years ago, he definitely has the beating of him.
Yup, he's a true big game player, but sadly I'm convinced he'll play on the right again tomorrow. Let's hope he can teach a football lesson to Robertson for a change

Mingus

He's clearly carrying a shoulder injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.