5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorris

Any chance of this lad putting some pressure on defenders when we’re hanging on? So so lazy defensively, he’d just come on

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Take it to the corner. Keep it in the corner. Simple.

Both occasions he could do that. He did not.

Oh well.

acnumber9

Jesus Christ. People are whining about five minutes. I think I need to put this thread on ignore. You’re all fecking bonkers.

stw2022

92nd minute, ball in their corner, rather than keeping possession he punts it to their keeper for NO reason, initiating a period of play where we almost lost the lead.

95th minute again with ball in corner all he needs to do is run down the clock, instead he runs into the area, falls over and loses possession.

I’m sorry but at what point are we allowed to call this crap out without being accused of being awful fans for doing so?

cyberman

92nd minute, ball in their corner, rather than keeping possession he punts it to their keeper for NO reason, initiating a period of play where we almost lost the lead.

95th minute again with ball in corner all he needs to do is run down the clock, instead he runs into the area, falls over and loses possession.

I’m sorry but at what point are we allowed to call this crap out without being accused of being awful fans for doing so?
He tried to win a corner.
This is stupidly over the top

NinjaFletch

95th minute again with ball in corner all he needs to do is run down the clock, instead he runs into the area, falls over and loses possession

That passage of play was absolutely fine. He held it for a good 10-20 seconds - far longer than I'd back him to do holding a player off with his upper body strength.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Calm the feck down, he was stuck in the corner and tried to hit it off the defender. Something literally every player tries. Nothing wrong with it.

Any chance of this lad putting some pressure on defenders when we’re hanging on? So so lazy defensively, he’d just come on
Tearing my hair out at two scenarios.

One where Cavani - who'd run himself into the ground all night - ran past a walking Rashford to press the Fulham defence.

One where the ball was cleared out to the edge of our box. It dropped to a Fulham player, facing towards his own goal. Rashford was literally a yard away from him and didn't even attempt to contest it.

He has an appalling attitude on the pitch nowadays.

Swiss_Red89

92minute he wanted to kick it to the defender to get a corner. bad luck.

95minute he actually run the clock down because the match was over after this situation.

Stop picking every little situation to critisise him.

I've to agree his defensive efforts really are disappointing these days for some reason. Thought it may be instructed or tactical to keep him fresh going forward, but today it was definitely not instructed.

Sylar

I know what he was trying, by trying to win win corner but it was so poorly done. The Fulham player wasn't even that close to knock it off so obviously he avoided it.

Though him and Matic did well for the last 39 seconds

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Jesus Christ. People are whining about five minutes. I think I need to put this thread on ignore. You’re all fecking bonkers.
I love Rashford I think he’s been unfairly criticised all season as he’s been productive for us. But come on. He had one job haha

Riz

His work rate was really shown up by Cavani, came on fresh and didn’t press whatsoever while Cavani who’s 10 more years on the clock was chasing everyone down.

There was 1 moment where AWB was advancing with the ball down the right and I was waiting for Rashford to make the run and turn on the turbo. He just jogged.

Really not sure what’s up with him at the moment.

Dorris

Tearing my hair out at two scenarios.

One where Cavani - who'd run himself into the ground all night - ran past a walking Rashford to press the Fulham defence.

One where the ball was cleared out to the edge of our box. It dropped to a Fulham player, facing towards his own goal. Rashford was literally a yard away from him and didn't even attempt to contest it.

He has an appalling attitude on the pitch nowadays.
There was one around the 91st minute, Rashford couldn’t be arsed pressuring their full back, so AWB had to come out to do it, it goes back to the CB who plays it long and our defence is now out of shape. In the end it’s scrambled out for a corner. Meanwhile Rashfords still not moved.

All he was arsed about from the moment he came on was getting a counter attack. That’s all well and good but there’s a shift that needs doing defensively in the late stages of a game like that.

puNANI

He's formed this annoying habit of wanting the ball at his feet when we're on a break with numbers instead of making a run in behind and creating an option for the player that's advancing the ball.

Red00012

He's formed this annoying habit of wanting the ball at his feet when we're on a break with numbers instead of making a run in behind and creating an option for the player that's advancing the ball.
Spotted that when AWB was bombing forward he could have ran into the space but instead stops and leaves AWB with no option but to stop.

GMoore23

Rashfords been very good for us this past few seasons but something that has really bothered me for a while now is his on field arrogance. He doesn't work anywhere near as hard as he used to. Is terribly selfish, doesn't even attempt to win headers and struts about on field like he's the second coming of Cristiano Ronaldo.

eire-red

Prove it then. The reason why rashford gets all this flak every match throughout his career is because he is bad at so many basics of football for the top level.

His touch isn’t good, he is consistently a brainless selfish footballer, and is a poor passer, especially with short passes. Lately he’s even lazy.

His athleticism lets him get chances, but ask yourself what he would be with average pace? A below average footballer.
I genuienly can't tell if you're taking the piss or not. So if Rashford is some average pace merchant, why aren't his performances on the same level as Dan James?

This post is actually embarrassing, it doesn't take a genius to recognise the contribution that Rashford and Bruno have made this season, without them we would be nowhere near the top.

Let's also remember he's just turned 23. Any other 23 year old players out there with his numbers and influence in the PL
you'd rather have? The disrespect Rashford gets is insane. He's been poor of late, but some of the criticism is so OTT it's ridiculous.

stw2022

92minute he wanted to kick it to the defender to get a corner.
We already had the ball in the corner - he had it.
Maybe if it was the 42nd minute it’s worth the risk. But the point of trying to win corner would presumably to keep ball in corner and run down clock, which is precisely what he had the opportunity to already.

Shield ball, throw yourself at ground at slightest contact to win free kick.

Besides if Rashford did win corner the odds of him taking a short one and keeping it by the flag are remote; more likely taken it and tried to score direct let’s be honest.

His decision making, awareness and more and more his work rates are poor and I don’t understand the constant pass he gets just because he’s an academy lad.

wr8_utd

:'(
Ole really needs to drill into him what he needs to do at the end of games. This is the second time in recent games where we've had a one goal lead and he's done exceedingly stupid things to give away the ball in injury time at a time he should be running to the corner and holding on to it. It'll end up costing us at some point.

Red00012

I genuienly can't tell if you're taking the piss or not. So if Rashford is some average pace merchant, why aren't his performances on the same level as Dan James?

This post is actually embarrassing, it doesn't take a genius to recognise the contribution that Rashford and Bruno have made this season, without them we would be nowhere near the top.

Let's also remember he's just turned 23. Any other 23 year old players out there with his numbers and influence in the PL
you'd rather have? The disrespect Rashford gets is insane. He's been poor of late, but some of the criticism is so OTT it's ridiculous.
He also contacted Boris Johnson last week

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Work hard for the team is the minimum requirement of a professional footballer. Really hope he can go back to his young hungry pressing days. He can learn a lot from Cavani.

Brightonian

He's been overplayed and he's burnt out, after we all said we were overplaying him and would burn him out. Solskjaer has belatedly taken action to rest him. Ideally he also won't start against Liverpool. That should be enough of a rest to get him looking much fresher for Sheffield Utd.

I don't think he should be lumped in with Martial, who simply doesn't move enough during a game, whether he's playing well or badly, that he could possibly be getting tired.

HowieC

He also contacted Boris Johnson last week
Don’t get the reference, not british. Agree to disagree about rashford. This was just a short cameo though, maybe best not to read too much into it. Was genuinely lazy though.

Foxbatt

He was brought on to do a job. He was on for 5 mins and he should be running non stop. But he didn't. He were under the cosh and I think it was Pogba who just kicked it upfield and Rashford let their defender put the ball back in by buying a dummy. If he had stood still the defender had to go back. He them had an opportunity to put in a cross for Cavani. He passed it to their keeper. I thought Martial was terrible. So was Rashford in his short time.

Sylar

I think this is where Ole needs to use him wisely now. He really shouldnt start one of the next two games but im guessing he defo starts vs Liverpool having not started yesterday

Plymouth Red

Problem is Martial and Greenwood dont look any better atm. 3 forwards all out of form at the same time, hope Cavani stays fit!
I agree and to me it makes sense to be looking for another interim attacking solution like Cavani/Ighalo just to give us cover for the rest of the season. Unless, of course, Ole is considering bringing a youngster or two into the first team selection mix.

Andersons Dietician

There are a lot of things to go at Rashford for but people getting on at him for “the pass to the keeper” you guys ever watched or played football ever? He’s trying to kick that off the player infront of him so it goes out for a corner eating up more time and relieving the preasure.

He doesn’t pull it off and the player managed to get out of the way but it was 100% the right thing to try and do even if the execution was lacking.

Remember the geese

There are a lot of things to go at Rashford for but people getting on at him for “the pass to the keeper” you guys ever watched or played football ever? He’s trying to kick that off the player infront of him so it goes out for a corner eating up more time and relieving the preasure.

He doesn’t pull it off and the player managed to get out of the way but it was 100% the right thing to try and do even if the execution was lacking.
This infuriated me last night. I was fully aware of what he was trying to do, but I wanted him to hold the ball up, wait for support to come and maintain possession. Obviously being a fickle football fan, I'd have been equally pleased if he had won the corner and wasted valuable seconds. However, it was tense into injury time and it just appeared like an irritating and cheap loss of possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.