Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not sure if he's the type of player who would be improved by a great coach, and the teams style, or be completely thrown out.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sticking him on the right was just poor though. Its like Ole finally got wind of the fact we attack 99% from the left half and just shaked it up purely on that basis. Screw the logic in it by actually keeping Greenwood or putting Mata out wide who are far more familiar in those roles.

Toddler

What has happened to Rashford and Martial? Rashford has lost his brain and Martial his confidence. Why? Rashford seems to have declined on his decision making lately a lot. Today he was like a pub player out there, not a single right decision when mattered.

Renegade

That’s a normal Rashford general performance. Another day he scores a goal and all the rubbish is forgotten.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Genuinely thought at this time last season, he was just on the cusp of developing into a world class wide left-forward. He basically carried us until January last season, but since the restart he has looked a shell of a player. I don't know why that is, he's been taking on defenders again which is pleasing but his decision-making is so poor still.

6 seasons, over 250 appearances, he is not a youngster anymore.

Anyways, even with his erratic performances he's been our best attacker out of the front 3. So, I'll cut him some slack overall.

Lentwood

Horrible. I mean, seriously, I challenge anybody who thinks Rashford is “a world class talent” to do a live watchalong and someone can show me how this constitutes “talent”

I must be watching the wrong player because all I see is a Paolo Wanchope clone who can’t control his legs or the ball

Ash_G

Sticking him on the right was just poor though. Its like Ole finally got wind of the fact we attack 99% from the left half and just shaked it up purely on that basis. Screw the logic in it by actually keeping Greenwood or putting Mata out wide who are far more familiar in those roles.
I agree he's better on the left but him being on the right shouldn't excuse why he can't make runs down the line and look to put a ball in? We know he can dribble, he's got the pace, there's no reason he can't also look to be a creative outlet when playing from that side. It's not even like he's trying to do that but it's not coming off, he just simply doesn't look to get in behind (outside of looking to beat the offside trap) and be creative.

Heinzesight

He rarely even challenges for headers anymore. Worrying form and most of the time just get the ball and pauses.

But I think he’ll get back to playing well. For me, he looks so down in the dumps. Even in interviews after we’ve won he’s so serious. But saying that, everyone looks off form right now.

Red & White

What has happened to Rashford? We had a great opportunity on the counter in the first half with men over and he over ran the ball. He‘s been so selfish this season as well. Cavani seems to be shaking his head at the lack of pass every game when he’s in a better scoring position. Get your head up, lad!

Just strolls around the pitch. He needs to get back the hunger he had that got him in this position.

Last edited:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
:lol:
Can actually understand why you find this laughable, but believe me I've been more critical than of him in seasons gone by for being brainless and not picking out teammates and being a general headless chicken. Really, I even got warnings for it. I honestly saw today there are moments where he is trying to find team-mates. If anything it's probably slightly hampered his performance because his natural instinct is 'head down, beat players with pace try and cut inside and shoot'. Now he's thinking about it it looks like occasional brain freeze moments, but when he gets it together he'll be great.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I am Rashfords biggest fan but he's been woeful of late. And he's awful on the right.

Should be on left and nowhere else.

Hoof the ball

Let's get this straight. A top player finds a way to be productive even when he's not playing on his favourite side. And you all know that his decision making issues aren't exclusively related to his right-side positioning. It's the same on the left.

You put Sterling on the right or his favoured left and he finds a way to be productive in play. You can't make excuses because he's having to be flexible tactically. If he's truly good enough to adapt he will.

It's absolutely fallacious to state that him playing on the right is the reason why he's playing this bad. You play average when you're not in your favourite spot. You do not play terrible. For crying out loud, Greenwood for all of his youth and ineffectiveness at times doesn't play that bad and he's not in his favourite position either.

People need to stop making excuses.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Love Rashy but aghhhhh that was such a frustrating performance! He hasn't hit proper form since his back injury against Wolves and it's looking like he's lost a bit of his natural confidence.
I'd argue he's got too much of it. Too comfortable. There was one play he made in the second half. Received the ball in our half, no one around him, he didn't turn and just sort of stabbed a pass in the air for Lindelof who had a man in front of him. Frustrating enough, but cherry on the cake was he was gesticulating with his hands at Lindelof when the latter had to hurriedly clear the ball away, as if that was Lindelof's fault.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
it’s not worked moving him to the right unfortunately.

MattofManchester

Is something actually going to be done about him being this bad, or is mediocrity the standard at this club now?

Where's his form pre-injury? Where he terrified everyone.

Or are we just going to see him stink out every game for the rest of the season

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Horrible form at the moment. Doesn't look like he is enjoying football. Has the appearance of someone who think they have made it, really struggling at the moment.

Plymouth Red

Feels like no matter how many poor games he strings together, Ole’s view is he Must Be Excused.

Falcow

Made the wrong decision every time he was on the ball. Ending with him taking a ridiculous shot from a stupid angle with about 3/4 clear options. I've had enough of him really. He's acting like Ronaldo out there not chasing the ball no hunger or desire.
Same here.

Ronaldo didnt have to chase back as he would save his energy for his 40 goals a season.

People talking about Rashford goalscoring stats compared to Rooney at this age. Rooney was 10 times the player.

stw2022

Off the pitch his endeavours are admirable. On the pitch he has the IQ of a Chuckle brother. Look at how Rooney at his age and younger would read the game to create for himself and others. Rashford never has a plan B. He can’t adapt.

He never reacts to the game around him to adjust depending on how things have opened up or closed off ahead of him. He will try what he intended to try before he received the ball and if that’s no longer something that makes sense given the movement of others he’ll try it anyway.

He’s now consistently poor. I think we’re closer to the point where the denial that this is a top class player carrying a “knock” is starting to lift.

Dan_F

He shouldn’t be on the right. Imagine if we took Bruno and said yeah go play on the right. Players have positions for a reason.

I understand wanting to fit Cavani in, but it’s Martial that has to drop out. Or Pogba, if Ole is committed to playing Fred and McTominay (Pogba has been playing well in midfield anyway).

He looks shot of confidence, but is it any wonder when he hasn’t played in his actual position for months. For all of the bad stuff he does, I’m pretty sure he played someone through in the first half again, and had a few shots overall. Martial’s output from the left is far far worse. He’s literally done nothing. No taking on players, no through balls, did he take a shot today?

Manny

Grammar Police
Does anyone else feel like he knew he was being subbed and selfishly decided to shoot? It was such a bizarre decision.

How can his decision making be this bad?
Yeah, I did... Then again, he never looks up and his awareness of what is going on around him is pathetic, so it could be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.