Squad Number: #10
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Jul 1, 2019
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Word going round that he may have to pull out if the England squad with an ankle injury. You would think that after yesterday’s explanation, that would open the door for Grealish.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Was just about to post that. He didn't look fit in last few games.

We need to manage him well and not overplay him. He is going to have a massive season if he steers clear of injury

JuriM

Good, that was found out before the games. He needs to rest ahead of the season and get all little niggles cured.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hopefully nothing serious. Rest him completely for 2 more weeks.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What a week for this club. Maguire incident, Pogba with the Rona and now Rashford with surgery.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That's probably Pogba and Rashford out for the start of the season. So James and Lingard back in the side.
I don't want to ruin the thread but you get the point.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had a feeling something was up with him. This is why its a must that we get another winger. Any injury to one our first XI means a massive drop in quality, hence why Rashford was probably told to play through his injury, just like when he had his back injury.

Hopefully he'll be fully fit for the start of the season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He picked it up in the Seville game apparently which may help explain why from the penalty onwards he was rather poor. He shouldn’t have been called up anyway, all the players at the euro competitions should have been given these internationals off.

romufc

Had a feeling something was up with him. This is why its a must that we get another winger. Any injury to one our first XI means a massive drop in quality, hence why Rashford was probably told to play through his injury, just like when he had his back injury.

Hopefully he'll be fully fit for the start of the season.
Its not even injuries we need a new winger, we are forcing players to play and burning them out.

You cannot expect Martial, Greenwood, Rashford to play every game. Not only fitness, they are young and their form will be in and out.

Expecting Greenwood to play PL and CL games at the same level every game is a joke. We are going to burn these guys out.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That's probably Pogba and Rashford out for the start of the season. So James and Lingard back in the side.
How is Pogba out for the start of the season when our first game is on the 19th of next month, 3 weeks away from now. Enough time to have recovered from the virus and past the isolation time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What a week for this club. Maguire incident, Pogba with the Rona and now Rashford with surgery.
Fecking hell overreaction much?

Shimo

Good - none of the United or City players should have been called up for this in the first place.

manunited1919

He doesn’t seem to have fully recovered from his injury, something seems off with his play.

-Supreme-

I would be really worried if we don’t bring in a capable winger and his bad form continues into this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He doesn’t seem to have fully recovered from his injury, something seems off with his play.
I'm worried about it too.

I had a feeling it might happen like this because injuries near the spine can last long term because it effects things like balance, speed, pain and more.

I think RVP then confirmed something like this.

It sucks if it does. What needs to happen is maybe Rashford needs some time out & see if he can be that LW he was at the start of last season or possibly change back to a more predatory type striker again.

manunited1919

I'm worried about it too.

I had a feeling it might happen like this because injuries near the spine can last long term because it effects things like balance, speed, pain and more.

I think RVP then confirmed something like this.

It sucks if it does. What needs to happen is maybe Rashford needs some time out & see if he can be that LW he was at the start of last season or possibly change back to a more predatory type striker again.
Can Sancho play on the left? I have a feeling we will need someone there at least part of the season, and our backup options are James, Lindgard and Andreas (who I think will leave?). We’re not winning anything if James or Lindgard end up playing many games this season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Can Sancho play on the left? I have a feeling we will need someone there at least part of the season, and our backup options are James, Lindgard and Andreas (who I think will leave?). We’re not winning anything if James or Lindgard end up playing many games this season.
Sancho is actually statistically better on the left than he is on the right, and an argument could be made that he's better on that side. He's fully capable of playing either wing though.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s 22. Plays the same as he did when he was 19 albeit with even less striking technique of the ball.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What has actually happened to his shooting? He used to look a threat from anywhere and I really thought he might go the same way as Bale (ie smashing it in often from 30 yards). At the moment he’s just not connecting with anything and nothing is going on target.

ForeverRed1

so wasteful at the moment. He needs to work on being more efficient and clinical with his decision making, loses the ball or ends play waaaaay too often. It’s so frustrating to watch because this guys potential is huge! Feels at the moment he is living off his name a little bit which is a shame. Hopefully he kicks on this season

Trophy Room

He’s 22. Plays the same as he did when he was 19 albeit with even less striking technique of the ball.
No no he doesn't :houllier:. He was out of form after an injury - not uncommon in a 22 year old with his physical and footballing characteristics.

georgipep

What has actually happened to his shooting? He used to look a threat from anywhere and I really thought he might go the same way as Bale (ie smashing it in often from 30 yards). At the moment he’s just not connecting with anything and nothing is going on target.
so wasteful at the moment. He needs to work on being more efficient and clinical with his decision making, loses the ball or ends play waaaaay too often. It’s so frustrating to watch because this guys potential is huge! Feels at the moment he is living off his name a little bit which is a shame. Hopefully he kicks on this season
Are you all talking about the same Marcus Rashford that finished last season with 22 goals, his career best?

Get a hold of yourselves. That was just a friendly game.

Untd55

Are you all talking about the same Marcus Rashford that finished last season with 22 goals, his career best?

That doesn't change that he has been pretty poor since lockdown ended.

3 goals and 3 assists in 13 games (all games after lockdown) is not very good. His finishing has been shocking since the end of lockdown; even against Sheffield where he got 2 assists, he still missed two easy chances. That poor form carried on from there.

He actually got progressively worse from the Tottenham game onwards, culminating in the awful performance against Seville.

He has a lot of work to do, especially if we sign Sancho.

UpWithRivers

He has always been like this. World class for 2/3 months then absolute rubbish for a few months and everyone says get rid. He needs to find consistency.

ForeverRed1

no no no, it wasn’t a reference to the villa friendly. It was looking at his general play since injury actually. He did score 22 goals yes but his output can be even better if he works on his decision making. Is there something wrong with having that opinion considering it’s a football forum for football fans to discuss ?:confused: I love the guy so it’s not knocking him but if sancho comes in I feel it may be him that loses game time at present!

bdecuc

Doesn’t look quite back to the level he was at before he got a very serious injury. Hopefully with fitness and patience the sparkle will come back. Patience is key.

HowYouDoin

I firmly believe its more mental than physical. Fame got to his head and he's also become way too complacent as his place in the team is too secure and never questioned.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

This is a silly attitude to have. I'm not calling for Rashfords head I'm nearly saying that he's not playing well and hasn't really since he's come back. That doesn't mean we throw him to the scrap heap but it does mean we could use some better competition with the view to spurring him on or if his form doesn't pick up, replacing him.

Edit: for the record I do think he will re-find his form this season if we stay patient with him however its naive to think his current performances are not frustrating at a time where Utd are crying out for consistency.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rushford has been poor after his spine injury. If he is afraid of re-injurying it then Ole should rest him. I am seeing a player who is putting in 50% effort. If he is not injured then something is really wrong, mentally he is not at the right place. Hopefully, I get to see the read Rushford next week.

DRM

Hes been poor since the return from injury, no doubt about that. He also seems to have regressed physically, looks like a 18/19 year old kid rather than a seasoned pro! I guess it was inevitable he would lose muscle mass with a back Injury, maybe he's still not able to do any compound strength exercises like deadlifts, squats etc.

Mr PG

Needs coaching to learn from Fernandes, Greenwood and VDB to develop his all round game better. Make better decisions, stop shooting from 40 yards, make the extra pass and move and improve his heading. If not I predict he will be heading to the bench sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.