5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewnited

He's been abysmal today as well. Getting very worried about his form now.
Yep I'm also in this boat. If he was trying things and not succeeding I'd have faith that he'd get back to form, but his performances since the restart have been abject at best. No pressing, no runs in behind, no dribbling... at this point it feels like it's plain laziness, or he has a genuine underlying issue with his back - I'd be concerned with either to be honest.

snowkarl

Therein is something I would never attribute to Marcus Rashford. If anything, he tries too hard.
I think there needs to be genuine concern as to the state of his body atm.
Really? Then why did Mourinho explicitly target our wings at the last Spurs game because Greenwood & Rashford don't have any defensive work rate? They admitted they did it.

Look at him when the opponents have the ball outside of their own third - Rashford almost never presses. He only does so close to the opposition box.

Lewnited

Therein is something I would never attribute to Marcus Rashford. If anything, he tries too hard.
I think there needs to be genuine concern as to the state of his body atm.
I'd love to say I agree, but I'm not sure at this point.
Regardless, at this moment in time he's bypassed ridiculously easily defensively and is a passenger in attack. He has his moments as he does have quality, but at this moment in time I'm not seeing any of the workrate that got him to the position he's in now... Just hope that it's a mental issue and not a physical one.

Idxomer

Even Van Gaal would be fuming about the amount of sideway and back passes he played in this first half for England.

I really hope he gets back to his direct self. It's frustrating to watch otherwise.
He has been doing so much of these for a while now.

Shark

@NotShark
Still hope he recovers some form but getting properly worried now. Rashford was supposed to be one of our strongest bids to reaching the top again but you wonder how long before we'll have to start rethinking that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's still young but he has zero competition at United for his place. So, whatever his form, he's going to start.

yamo123x

I dont think its bad form, i think its pure arrogance. Keano was spot on in his summing up last week.

When he first came on the scene he was level grounded and gave his all, but he strolls around the pitch now for both england and ourselves. Needs to be brought back down to earth a little

M16Red

I do wonder if he needs the fans in the ground to get him to that 100% Rashford. Very passive.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think its bad form, i think its pure arrogance. Keano was spot on in his summing up last week.

When he first came on the scene he was level grounded and gave his all, but he strolls around the pitch now for both england and ourselves. Needs to be brought back down to earth a little
I think its quite clear that both Southgate and Ole want him further up the pitch for a counter attacking offensive. For that reasons he's clearly been instructed not come deep.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It will be frustrating to see him strat on Saturday. Needs some time on the bench - something isn’t right.
Fatigued, loss of form, zero competition and possibly not being man-managed well by two (Ole and Southgate) low profile managers.

Frank White

Another tough game where tbf nobody looked good. Would be more worried if everyone around him was doing well but the whole attacking line for both games has been dead.

snowkarl

Another tough game where tbf nobody looked good. Would be more worried if everyone around him was doing well but the whole attacking line for both games has been dead.
Mount did so much more than Rashford did though. And he worked a lot harder. Kane also looked better and he was playing on one leg.

Rashford has been poor for some time now, there is really no way around it.

Frank White

Mount did so much more than Rashford did though. And he worked a lot harder. Kane also looked better and he was playing on one leg.

Rashford has been poor for some time now, there is really no way around it.
Don't think either did anything of note but whatever, same way Sancho did absolutely nothing either. Agree that he's not looked his best since the return from the injury but in all honesty who has?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It is worrying that both Martial and Rashford are coming out with pretty tame performances for their NT, a continuation of their form at the club. So it's not a matter solely of the team around them, or whatever tactics people want to point the finger at Ole with, they're just plain bad right now when it comes to their form.

el3mel

Guy is very important for us it's unbelievable. Him and Bruno are our most important attackers regardless of their form.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was very poor for 90% of the game, then he turned Super Saiyan, what a cap to the game.

slored1

Great game from Sir Dr. Marcus. Maybe time to swap him and Martial around?

Nick7

Even before setting up two and scoring one he was playing well. Somehow was getting slated for winning a penalty too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He was very poor for 90% of the game, then he turned Super Saiyan, what a cap to the game.
Strong disagree. MOTM for me. Movement was very good. Lovely goal, two assists, won a pen. Exactly what you need against that sort of side.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Strong disagree. MOTM for me. Movement was very good. Lovely goal, two assists, won a pen. Exactly what you need against that sort of side.
That's fine, I just don't think he did much and messed a lot of attacking opportunities until the last 10 minutes. Mata was far better for that chunk of the game, but I still voted Rashford MotM for those last ten minutes.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Extremely happy with how he played. He had a fairly good game in general, but far more importantly it was the first time since his injury that he looked 'normal'. Didn't seem to have any hesitation or second-guessing himself which has been a big part of his game since returning. Extremely good signs for the future.

God what a fecking performance. 2 assists 1 goal he was top drawer today. Type of performances Mane and Salah get drooled over. Still only 22 by the way. I remember it took him until after last international break this time last year to hit top form. Lets hope its the same again.

RUCK4444

Great performance, all eyes were on him as the no 9 today, needed a big performance and he turned up big time.

Looks much sharper and dynamic, much more like his old self.

Still only 22 he has the tools to be frighteningly good.

Maureen-yo

His movement and directness was immense all game, he was only bettered performance wise by Mata even though he had a hand in 3 of our 4 goals.

Cloud7

That goal reminded me of the Rashford that was our most potent attacking player pre injury

The Newcastle side was there for the taking well done 2 assists created a penalty and scored a goal.
The thing is with Rashford when he plays with Martial he is too selfish there are exceptions at times but most of the time,
I think that Rashford sees himself as a inferior player to Martial but wants to be seen as the better player.
That probably plays with his mind.

Raven

Looking like he's getting back to his best, he's some asset to have when he's in full flow. Absolutely explosive at his best.

He looks to really have worked on his finishing/composure, which I'm delighted by because it's an area he was lacking in badly.

redshaw

Blistering performance, looking very Ronnie esque in his running style and lethality in front of goal tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.