Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

He should stick to helping kids~~~~!!!

But yeah, he was good. It does seem like hes becoming more of a team player rather than shooting from everywhere. I dont know if thats cos of the injury he had and his explosiveness and willingness to run as much as he used to is dwindled down or not (assumption due to the injury he had and how he performed post lockdown). I do think the international break has helped him though (but again, one game so lets see).

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
One more thing- Rashford always seems to come into his own in the final stretches of the match

why is no one telling him to practice his rhythm pre match - I have always remembered players pre match warm up to their greatest strengths he should be running with the ball with the ball at his feet... sorry -unrelated but just my opinion....
I think it's valid, so bringing it over here to discuss but other than the visual proof, which may be debatable, what other evidence can you show that suggests he isn't being told this?

yan man utd

I think it's valid, so bringing it over here to discuss but other than the visual proof, which may be debatable, what other evidence can you show that suggests he isn't being told this?
I remember watching Ian woan sending over crosses over to Teddy Sheringham pre-match and him volleying the ball into the net just getting his muscle memory in sync pre match. That was for forest under cloughie against United in a match they beat us in the season before we finally won the league again. Yeah sorry to put it in this thread - just that I can’t start a thread yet... and I don’t think it’s necessarily worth a thread. Apologies...I think it would be an idea for Rashy to get the size of the pitch in perspective because he runs at such high speeds - pre match on the pitch. I haven’t seen it and I think he often takes a while to warm up on the pitch and get the machinery going ...just an idea

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I remember watching Ian woan sending over crosses over to Teddy Sheringham pre-match and him volleying the ball into the net just getting his muscle memory in sync pre match. That was for forest under cloughie against United in a match they beat us in the season before we finally won the league again. Yeah sorry to put it in this thread - just that I can’t start a thread yet... and I don’t think it’s necessarily worth a thread. Apologies...I think it would be an idea for Rashy to get the size of the pitch in perspective because he runs at such high speeds - pre match on the pitch. I haven’t seen it and I think he often takes a while to warm up on the pitch and get the machinery going ...just an idea
As I said, I thought it merits some discussion so don't apologize. :)

It may be that he's instructed to warm up slowly because of the high speeds/explosive burst could cause injury in the warm up.

SATA

Lots of opposition fans pick Rashford when they are asked if they could pick only one player from United to play for their team. Yet he’s ours but half of our own fans somehow don’t appreciate him enough playing for us

Lots of opposition fans pick Rashford when they are asked if they could pick only one player from United to play for their team. Yet he’s ours but our own fans somehow don’t appreciate him enough playing for us
Some of our ‘fans’. It’s always the same type of people. Those that call him Rashford, and say he’s only in the team because he’s English. They are pathetic.

thankfully it’s pretty easy to ignore the toxic ones.

yan man utd

As I said, I thought it merits some discussion so don't apologize. :)

It may be that he's instructed to warm up slowly because of the high speeds/explosive burst could cause injury in the warm up.
Cheers for that - yes also a possibility- but he can stretch and slowly build up pace not even hitting top speeds. I just think he could size up the pitch

His is a complex machinery just as united have always Been. It can take the machinery some time to get going and these days we need all players to hit the ground running

unfortunately neither one of us indeed any of us has an influence on the coaching but having looked at the additions - Telles Pellestri and evening more so Cavani if he can be anything like the player who is the finished article -and as bruno said it is up to the players to raise each other’s game

it looks like we have most bases covered - obviously aside from centre of defence

but they must defend as a team and attack as a team and as my mates father used to say - you can get away with one player maybe even 2 having an off day but no more

let’s see how we fare tonight

Even if we don’t win or lose it’s the performance that counts

slored1

Better than Mbappe. Yes, he fecked up once, but was a constant threat and brilliant after Pogba came on.

laughtersassassin

In a lot of ways terrible. That 2v1 he had at the start of the second half was criminal.

But at the end of the day what a goal to win it. Fair fecks to him.

Really needs to get better composure when he has space though.

Dante

Average bang
World class decision making as always. He knew exactly when to release the shot for his goal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Absolutely dogshit performance but who the feck cares after that goal :drool: :drool: :drool:

Pyro19

Fair fecks for the goal but overall he needs to step up his game a LOT. PSG were really poor today and it helped.

Drainy

To the critics of Rashford and Martial tonight- you may have forgotten what champions league nights are actually like.

Give them a fecking chance. With Marcus though, people never learn. Every game he's crap and then he shows you up.

Hopefully that will give him confidence to play on instinct instead of thinking too much and invariably fecking up good attacks.

DoomSlayer

Big game player. Played better than both Neymar and Mbappe, despite making some terrible decisions in finishing chances.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was pretty shite tonight and picked the wrong option so many times/heavy touch/should've shot when he went to pass... but then threw that all away and scored a brilliant winner, again, away to PSG late on :devil:

Obiorahking_

Decision making is still very questionable but he won it and thats all I care about

Stadjer

Definition of a moment player? Can be horrendous for 92 minutes but win you the game in the 93th minute with a brilliant moment?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Marcus again looking like the man who got 19 goals by January last season. Missed a few opportunities on the counter but when we needed him he delivered. Loves a goal in Paris, eh?

el3mel

All forgotten for such a fantastic goal ! To be honest he was our worst player before it but who cares. Still ridiculously important for us.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

Don't get annoyed at this take, but my God, Rashford singlehandedly screwed up three incredible chances in the break with poor decision making, but in true Rashford fashion he's capable of a sublime moment at any point of a game......... And there it was!

At least he doesn't let his head drop when he's performing poorly.

OleBoiii

He kept fecking up, but he redeemed himself big time there. He always seems to find space!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I see the Rashford fans can't even be happy after that winner.

4 goals. 2 assists.

Martial has 0 goals, 1 red card and 1 own goal so far but yeah let's slaughter Rashy.

We have some of the worst fans in the world. Clear off you plastics.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Marcus Rashford is full of greatness. Brilliant attacker.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He absolutely wasn't better than Mbappe. I almost crashed my TV after the second chance he missed when we were 2vs1.

Good goal though, but he's not getting so many chances to score next time against PSG.

He's slowly getting there though I think.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People think he was shit tonight? The world’s most useless set of scouts on here.

He carried a real threat all night and it was no surprise whatsoever that he continued to get chances, including the match winner. Ask the defenders whether he was shit tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.