Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He does suit this lone forward. He could have gone for himself twice, if he's the main striker.

yan man utd

As I said, I thought it merits some discussion so don't apologize. :)

It may be that he's instructed to warm up slowly because of the high speeds/explosive burst could cause injury in the warm up.
What did I say to you... it takes him a while to size up the pitch - he did it tonight in the end

what. A. Player

Marcus Rashford - what an effing goal

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He ranged from awful to fantastic tonight, just needs to maybe slow it down a little sometimes when he’s running with the ball and get his head up.

the chance he had 2 on 1 with martial and he messed it up I was absolutely screaming, but then he goes and wins it out of nothing.

if he can just get that consistency back he will be an absolute killer, his speed is definitely back to its best!

yan man utd

He absolutely wasn't better than Mbappe. I almost crashed my TV after the second chance he missed when we were 2vs1.

Good goal though, but he's not getting so many chances to score next time against PSG.

He's slowly getting there though I think.
nonsense- they are different players but Rashford won the duel! He won the match! Simple

Shark

@NotShark
Marcus showed the mentality of a top top player tonight. Never let his head go down.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What a goal.

Bit of a hot and cold night all round, and he needs to get it right when to be selfish and when not to be... but god I love the bloke.

Swiss_Red89

Brilliant performance. For those who say he was "dogshit" or "our worst player" because he fecked up that 2 vs 1 (criminaly to be fair), get a grip. He was a threat the whole game and played a huge part in us being so dangerous all the time.

So happy he got us the winner, otherwise his critics would have been in full force in this thread.

Drainy

Brilliant performance. For those who say he was "dogshit" or "our worst player" because he fecked up that 2 vs 1 (criminaly to be fair), get a grip.
Players mess attacks up all the time, especially so with young attackers, even more so in away Champions League ties..

He's proven a lot over the last 18 months that he deserves to be backed.

yan man utd

I wanted to tag you in the matchday thread to say you're right, he's a slow burner but what a way to finish it off! :lol:
Bro thanks for the comment. We are Man united
We discuss and ultimately we don’t care if we sometimes have different perspectives- I’m sure that I am not always right at all.... just as long as we play well - and win especially against top opposition

we are starting to look like a team
Telles looks like a proper player. And more to the point the aggression and the pressing and working as a team was phenomenal- Pogba looking like a player again and as for Rashford - well - sheeeet... what a strike

he buried it he buried PSG AGAIN

plenty to look forward to and that’s before vdbeek and Cavani and Maguire are in plus the new kid Pellestri

and tuanzebe and wbsakka were immense even lindeloff and shaw.

bruno makes mistakes but his influence is immense and martial... he made a mistake but no doubting his effort or the intricacy of his play. Footballers on their day. Long may it continue

let’s see how we go but what a livener!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People think he was shit tonight? The world’s most useless set of scouts on here.

He carried a real threat all night and it was no surprise whatsoever that he continued to get chances, including the match winner. Ask the defenders whether he was shit tonight.
Yeh. He messed up a couple of good chances. But his performance was actually phenomenal, imho. He run ragged that PSG defence all game long. A constant threat with speed and workrate.

And that's after that immense 90 min. against Newcastle. Insane stamina.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeh. He messed up a couple of good chances. But his performance was actually phenomenal, imho. He run ragged that PSG defence all game long. A constant threat with speed and workrate.
Exactly but not every chance is a goal, that 2v1 I was screaming for him to take the player on.

I was more annoyed at the Bruno one that Bruno messed up.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Really bad until the goal but champions league games are tough.

What I am happy about about ( besides a match winning goal obviously) is that his pace and aggression seems to be back. That's huge. He's been timid and almost casual for a while now. He was poor before the goal tonight but the pace and aggression amd athleticism was definitely there.

Andersons Dietician

He had a decent performance but at times man he is so frustrating. There is so much scope for him to improve and hopefully he does. Ole mentioned something after the Newcastle game. something like, in the final phase we tend to rush things where maybe one more pass, one more movement. Bruno and Rashford are perfect examples of this.
That attempted pass to Martial, like what was that. He had to commit the defender or go himself. Just seemed a lazy and poor decision.
Few times in the game as well, he held it up well Telles is there asking for the ball. Just give him the ball and run in to space. Instead he does something stupid and loses the ball. Later something similar where Bruno is there, give him the ball and run in to space.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Exactly but not every chance is a goal, that 2v1 I was screaming for him to take the player on.

I was more annoyed at the Bruno one that Bruno messed up.
Yeh. If it was Mbappe or Kane, they'd go for himself. But you take the bad with good thing with Rashford. And he's not a CF for a long time.

That Bruno's one was criminal. Although he's still immense on this game, imho.

Jaxa

I thought Darren Fletcher and Rio were both spot on with him tonight, he just need's to develop more of a selfish side and a killer instinct like Mbappe and become obsessed with goals, i think he'd benefit more from becoming less a playmaker and let other players worry about that and just become so focused on putting a ball in the back of the net, he's one of the best around and only 22, there is no ceiling for this guy.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I thought Darren Fletcher and Rio were both spot on with him tonight, he just need's to develop more of a selfish side and a killer instinct like Mbappe and become obsessed with goals, i think he'd benefit more from becoming less a playmaker and let other players worry about that and just become so focused on putting a ball in the back of the net, he's one of the best around and only 22, there is no ceiling for this guy.
Yep! He’s such a natural team player though that I think this is his instinct.

LJJT

Played poorly but he delivered when he needed to. All you need to do as a striker is score and my word did he SCORE

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His record in big matches is actually scary good. Hes definitely the man for the big occasion. City don't like him. PSG don't. Chelsea don't.

What a player. Any Rashford cryers on here can go support another team.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Bit of a woofer when it came to decision making. I just don't like him playing multi-roles and having big creative on the break responsibility. He actually can create with little intricate moves when he has team-mates around him but on the break you can tell he has no chemistry with Martial. Stick him up front over the next few games while he's out and make some chances for him and lets go from there when Martial comes back.

Zlatattack

My favourite Manchester United player (mainly because of his politics). What a great goal tonight. He needs to spend every moment possible learning from Ole. If he can get clinical like Kane, he could be one of the best ever at our club.

Reddevildans

He does the hard things perfectly but the easy things sloppily. That sums him up I think. But the main thing is he remains a threat throughout. Just needs to improve his consistency and he will be even more devastating.

Drainy

I genuinely don't get the Rashford haters.

The man is the personification of everything great about Man Utd and he's still only 23 this month.

RUCK4444

Rio and Fletch had it right in the post match chat.

He just needs to have a bit more of that constant attack mindset that Mbappe has, they used the goal as an example. He received the ball and knew what he was going to try immediately, shift it and shoot. Should be in that mindset for 90 mins and he could be an elite goalscorer.

He has everything in his locker, pace, strength, skill and a belting shot, still young. He could be an incredible player in the future.

Last edited:

yan man utd

He had a decent performance but at times man he is so frustrating. There is so much scope for him to improve and hopefully he does. Ole mentioned something after the Newcastle game. something like, in the final phase we tend to rush things where maybe one more pass, one more movement. Bruno and Rashford are perfect examples of this.
That attempted pass to Martial, like what was that. He had to commit the defender or go himself. Just seemed a lazy and poor decision.
Few times in the game as well, he held it up well Telles is there asking for the ball. Just give him the ball and run in to space. Instead he does something stupid and loses the ball. Later something similar where Bruno is there, give him the ball and run in to space.
very negative mate

this was pivotal for us. They were brilliant tonight

yes mistakes were made but this can be a start for a new beginning. They worked for each other
You cannot fault any player

well don United!

Walters_19_MuFc

Was frustrated with him a few times because I felt he made some questionable decisions, but stepped up when it really counted and won us the game with a moment of magic. Great mentality. Super Rashy!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All the Rashford haters are Martial FC fanboys.

Well guys.... Martial has 0 goals so far this season. 0 shots on target all season, one red card and now an own goal.

Rashford still gets the abuse. Incredible.

We have the worst fans in world football. Not even a debate. I bet the Ole outers are gutted too with tonight as not only did we deserve to win we did it with great tactics too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Well guys.... Martial has 0 goals so far this season. 0 shots on target all season, one red card and now an own goal.

We have the worst fans in world football. Not even a debate. I bet the Ole outers are gutted too with tonight as not only did we deserve to win we did it with great tactics too.
Martial had a goal and an assist tonight alone

Devil may care

Much like Bruno I thought he showed great energy and drive but was very wasteful in the final 3rd, brilliant finish for the winner though which is what top forwards do in games where they've not been at their best.

SAFMUTD

Managed to feck up 2 big chances when given space and time and then scored a beauty.

I think he does better when he acts by instinct rather when given time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The goal just gets better every time you watch it

You exemplify the worst of our fanbase right here. Can't praise one of our players after a fantastic goal without trashing another going through a rough period. Embarrassing.

eire-red

Think Greenwood and Rashford could develop a real chemistry in this formation going forward. Rashford likes it from the left, Greenwood from the right, so there's a nice symmetry there.

I feel like between them there's enough creativity, goals and good decision making to develop a real partnership. Greenwood has a real eye for a pass in the final third too.

Martial has a bit of work to do to get back in the squad, but that's great to see. Rewind back 2/3 years when we had to endure Lukaku's barren spells cause we literally had no options. Now our top scorer from last season is under pressure to produce cause he's not firing on all cylinders.

Rashford showed real leadership tonight, I just felt when he got the ball he was gonna smash it in. There was real intent in how he lined it up. Feel like nights like this are real milestones in the growth of a relatively young team.

Status
Not open for further replies.