Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is it fair to say Rashford is dreadful in the air? Its bad that when the ball came in I was actually wondering to myself how he would manage to feck it up
He got a lovely header against Arsenal in his league debut and got a nice one from a AWB cross at one point but yeah, for a big strong lad he’s not scoring near enough goals with his head. And he’s racked up some bad misses. Hopefully he’s a late blossomer like Rooney was when it comes to headed goals.

Idxomer

He wasn't that bad after his two runs into blind alleys earlier in the game but his inconsistent technique kept letting him down.

I don’t know if anybody else picked up on it, but his attitude in the 90th minute was an absolute disgrace.
Roy Keane has criticised him over this in his last two punditry appearances - once for us, once for England.

vs Arsenal said:
"I looked at Rashford closely today," Keane told Sky Sports. "He's had loads of plaudits over the last few months. "His body language was shocking. Shrugging his shoulders when things didn't go his way."
For England vs Belgium said:
"Rashford in the first-half was going through the motions. I need to make this point, Rashford, his body language in the first half, he needs to do better.
His passing and decision making was woeful today. Broke down so many good moves with - relatively simple - wildly overhit passes.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Roy Keane has criticised him over this in his last two punditry appearances - once for us, once for England.

His passing and decision making was woeful today. Broke down so many good moves with - relatively simple - wildly overhit passes.
Also taking the wrong option, and getting caught in possession too often. Needs to be smarter, and laying the ball off or crossing, as he soon gets two or sometimes three opposition players closing him down when he hangs on to the ball too long. He can create things, I've seen him before set up other players for goal attempts, so perhaps he needs to do that more often at the moment.

LJJT

Thought he was terrible. Has been in the league all season. So greedy on the ball. He’s either really good or really terrible every game

Devil may care

Had a couple of decent dribbles, I'm guessing he stayed on because he's more comfortable on the right than Martial.

HowYouDoin

What I find frustrating about Rashford is that I do consider him world class but then for some reason his level drops to the point that he becomes an average player.
He has shown that he has it in him to be a world class player and not many players can do that.
However his inconsistency creeps back in all the time and I dont get why because inconsistent players usually have a lot of weaknesses in their game.
Rashford doesnt yet he is inconsistent.

I do feel he thrives when he is more involved. His best stretch of his United career was when he carried us singlehandedly last season before Bruno arrived. I would let him take all free kicks, not just cuz I think hes better than Bruno at it but also because I want him to do more.

HowieC

He wasn't that bad after his two runs into blind alleys earlier in the game but his inconsistent technique kept letting him down.
This.

He is inconsistent not because of his attitude, charity work, supposed injuries, youth (23 isn’t exactly young), inexperience (played many games at top level), fatigue - its due to lack of top level technique.

It isn’t just that his touch isn’t great, or that he’s bad at maneuvering in tight spaces, his simple short passing abysmal.

He managed to mess up short simple balls into space for his fb, and lost the ball every single time he got it, except when he passed it straight back.

Reactions: Sultan

Banana Republic

What I find frustrating about Rashford is that I do consider him world class but then for some reason his level drops to the point that he becomes an average player.
He has shown that he has it in him to be a world class player and not many players can do that.......
I cannot understand on what basis you could remotely consider Rashdford to be “ world class” ?
He’s had spells where he’s played very well and he’s scored some brilliant goals, but it’s no more than dozens of other footballers have done across all the leagues.
There’s been nothing in the way of consistent displays of outstanding skill, or breathtaking play and his continuing lack of consistency clearly isn’t a blip, when looking at his entire senior career up to this point.
Although he’s still young at 23 and has plenty of time to develop and improve his game, there are basic, fundamental weaknesses in his ability, of the sort that will never improve. He is what he is.
I‘ve no doubt with the right coaching and a much improved level of motivation and commitment (and boy does he need that), Marcus can continue to be an important member of the Utd squad; but unfortunately, ”world class” is something he’ll never be close to achieving.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I think in like the 80th minute we got a break the ball was with him and the first thing that came to mind was this is going nowhere. He’ll hold on to the ball, not pass and then loose the ball and that’s exactly what he did and what he does far too often.

Needs to get that out of his game.

yamo123x

Very poor again.....we can all see it...surely the staff can see it.

Better down the middle for me, lost on the left

archiebald

I cannot understand on what basis you could remotely consider Rashdford to be “ world class” ?
He’s had spells where he’s played very well and he’s scored some brilliant goals, but it’s no more than dozens of other footballers have done across all the leagues.
There’s been nothing in the way of consistent displays of outstanding skill, or breathtaking play and his continued lack of inconsistency clearly isn’t a blip, when looking at his entire senior career up to this point.
Although he’s still young at 23 and has plenty of time to develop and improve his game, there are basic, fundamental weaknesses in his ability, of the sort that will never improve. He is what he is.
I‘ve no doubt with the right coaching and a much improved level of motivation and commitment (and boy does he need that), Marcus can continue to be an important member of the Utd squad; but unfortunately, ”world class” is something he’ll never be close to achieving.
Spot on, people need to stop hyping this kid up to the levels of CR7 when he was with us - we're just setting ourselves up for huge disappointment. He'll be a good starter for us against teams that set up a certain way, but never a world beater.

RedDevil@84

Good ol' DailyMail. Trying to pull him down and his campaign with clickbait stuff.

Man Utd 1:0 West Brom

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Off the pitch you have to praise everything he's doing, everything. On the pitch is the complete opposite though. If he is playing injured he should be taken out of the firing line and allowed to recover. We played him with a broken back last season and it did not do him or United any good. If his poor performances are related to injury then give him some nights off, let him recover. If we're desperate he makes a superb impact sub.

el3mel

Very poor finishing today. It has been a hit and miss for him this season.

Really like him, but he needs to improve.

UnitedFan93

Too many off the pitch distractions. He needs to find focus quickly as his performances are nowhere near good enough.

DoomSlayer

You lot are mental. Rashford and Bruno have been our best attacking players so far this season. It's the rest of the forwards that need to step up.

Frank White

You lot are mental. Rashford and Bruno have been our best attacking players so far this season. It's the rest of the forwards that need to step up.
You think he was good today? Love the bloke but you can't deny he's had a few stinkers recently. Another rough day at the office today, we're going to need him and Tony to step up ASAP.

Awful tonight. His - and Martial's - complete lack of off-ball movement makes us so predictable and easy to defend against. Against low-block teams especially, it plays into their hands so much...everything in front of them.

Unless it's into feet he just looks so disinterested.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Looks like himself and Martial are losing interest in the Ole project. Wasnt there a tweet about two months ago about the players saying they want to be coached. We are relying on individual brilliance to break teams down.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think he’s a great talent but when he’s bad he’s awful. I’ve said often he doesn’t do the simple things well enough and that’s his problem.

OldTrevil

Wasn't at the races but most likely wasn't fully fit either, he will have better games

Banana Republic

It’s alway “ he’s had an off game” or “he’s been injured and isn’t fully fit”.
The excuses make it sound like it’s a temporary blip or a one off, but he’s like this most games.
Great when he puts in a great effort and bangs in one or two goals, but those matches have become few and far between.
The basic skills and awareness are often missing. The off the ball movement is poor, even in games where he’s played well.
First touch and decision making are weak points, as is an almost total lack of anticipation.
Sorry guys, but I think it would be best for Marcus and the team, if he’s kept on the bench for a while and used as an impact sub.

Prodigal7

He has shown that he has it in him to be a world class player and not many players can do that.
However his inconsistency creeps back in all the time and I dont get why because inconsistent players usually have a lot of weaknesses in their game.
Rashford doesnt yet he is inconsistent.

I do feel he thrives when he is more involved. His best stretch of his United career was when he carried us singlehandedly last season before Bruno arrived. I would let him take all free kicks, not just cuz I think hes better than Bruno at it but also because I want him to do more.
What is the point in these phrases anymore when they’re thrown around like this

Web of Bissaka

Rashford on LW - lots of back-passes.
Rashford on RW - more forward passes and crosses.

Is it just me that see Rashford is so much more natural on the right wing than the left?
It's the area he exploited the most when he debuted and impressed people with his creativity.

It's getting too easy on how to stop Rashford's dribblings on the left. People know he's going to cut in, chance of him running down the touchline is almost zero-he just won't do it when the spaces are not there, so put a body at that spaces and let Rash in. Generally he's rubbish at LW when we're facing low blocks, and great there vs top teams who freely gave so many spaces for him to exploit.

Point is - when we're facing low blocks teams i.e. majority of the games in the league, play him at RW. Possible seems higher it'll yield better results. The only problem about this is... the lack of option at LW unless we put Martial there and Cavani at CF <-- in fact we should do that.

archiebald

Point is - when we're facing low blocks teams i.e. majority of the games in the league, play him at RW. Possible seems higher it'll yield better results. The only problem about this is... the lack of option at LW unless we put Martial there and Cavani at CF <-- in fact we should do that.
Wasn't it not so long ago that the collective mind of the Cafe came to the consensus that Martial was only good at CF and therefore had to be moved there from LW?

Also Rashford's poor off ball movement and mediocre dribbling is going to ail his game no matter where he plays, doubt moving him across the pitch makes much of a difference.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Stunk the place up again, needs to probably have a rest. Cavani showed up him and Martial about how to move as a forward. Both CF and on the wing.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I'll keep saying it every week, I just don't want to see him on the wings anymore. Martial is in horrendous form, stick Rashers up front and let Martial get his place back.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sometimes I feel like he's too dependant on how the opposition team plays regarding to how well he plays. I think his biggest weakness is off the ball movement and that's how I see the connection. Defenses that aren't allowing him free runs and are keeping shape don't have a problem defending against him. It's similar to James in a way that he needs a bit of a runway to get going but unlike James he's a lot better on the ball in every way. His finishing has been off this season which could have masked some of his performances better. Today it was more than his weaknesses showing. He just looked off. Relatively lethargic.

Status
Not open for further replies.