5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Backed out of 3 50/50 balls he could have won. I hope for his sake he’s carrying an injury because he was poor.
he had a clear 1v1 before the 1st PSG and decided to take it down to the sideline for some reason . Would love To know what he was thinking

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Never gives up and has developed good chemistry with Cavani and Bruno. Strong contrast to the struggle with when he has played with Martial lately. This up3 with Bruno behind is probably the go for a while so they all develop more chemistry.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Playing in a position that doesn't suit him to score but he's creating and still looking very sharp. Hope the injury isn't too bad or the sulker will start against West Ham.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Never gives up and has developed good chemistry with Cavani and Bruno. Strong contrast to the struggle with when he has played with Martial lately. This up3 with Bruno behind is probably the go for a while so they all develop more chemistry.
Sounds like a Martial problem, it's not like anyone has struck any chemistry with him this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As I said a few weeks back word on the street is he's been fecked with this shoulder injury ever since before the last International break but like with his back last season we're playing him till he totally breaks

kundalini

I was annoyed he failed to take the ball directly towards their goal just prior to their opening goal. Instead chose to drift wide, then lost possession, having completely wasted a good situation.

Tame left foot shot from distance that was easily saved.

Got lucky with the deflection for his goal. The shot didn't appear likely to trouble the keeper. Good play from him a few mins earlier, only to see his cross get cut-out.

Found Martial for the big chance at the beginning of the 2nd half. Pass could have been a bit better.

Dangerous cross that Cavani just failed to get a touch to at the near post.

A poor cross hit straight at his marker, when there was space to bend it around him, towards the area that Cavani was occupying by the near post.

A few moments where he seemed to give up possession alarmingly easily.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Backed out of 3 50/50 balls he could have won. I hope for his sake he’s carrying an injury because he was poor.
he had a clear 1v1 before the 1st PSG and decided to take it down to the sideline for some reason . Would love To know what he was thinking
If you think Rashford was poor then god only knows what game you watched. Rashford scored one, made a few big chances and was a constant threat. PSG look terrified of him and we know why. He's a big game player.

Martial on the other hand isn't. And he was poor not Rashford.

Agendas on this website are obscene.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jesus Mary and Joseph.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played well. He'll get better on the right and tbh i really like him out there. On the left he gets more tunnel vision. On the right he looks a better/more creative and unpredictable player.

Obiorahking_

Not opposed to seeing Rashford on the right. I think it kind of forces him to to be more a team player and get good crosses into the box, or develop his left foot some more. I still prefer him in his favored LW but this could be good for his development.

Threesus

I just hope Ole gives him this weekend off. He is being run into the ground again. At this rate, his career is going to be finished by 28. Ole should trust Greenwood and Martial to do the job against West Ham.

On a positive note, he has 6 goals in the CL. Only the second player after Neymar to score in 3 consecutive games against PSG. Hopefully we manage him this season correctly.

Devil may care

Looking good on the right wing recently and was electric in the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half, hopefully the shoulder injury isn't too serious.

Red00012

If you think Rashford was poor then god only knows what game you watched. Rashford scored one, made a few big chances and was a constant threat. PSG look terrified of him and we know why. He's a big game player.

Martial on the other hand isn't. And he was poor not Rashford.

Agendas on this website are obscene.
Stopped reading at scored one

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He hasn’t even been playing that well for a few games now but he is still the one who looks most dangerous and who still keeps contributing. Hopefully he is back soon.

Dominos

:lol: It's moments like this that make me question how good we could be if we were actually an efficient attacking team and the players had brains. It was absolutely surreal to see us mess up an opportunity so badly that it won't even go down as a chance.

Bruno 1v1 with keeper at the end of the 1st half and passes it to no one also. Won't even go down as a chance because the players are so unbelievably stupid.

Every game you can count 10 instances of very very promising situations where any decent side would create a big chance or score from it but we mess it up through sheer incompetence.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Sounds like a Martial problem, it's not like anyone has struck any chemistry with him this season.
6 of 1, half a dozen of the other really. I don't think it helps either of them to be playing wide, then central, now wide, you on the left, Cavani up front play wide, central, wide. I don't think either of them are adaptable in that way like they were a few of seasons ago.

boxykronikle

I thought he had a good game. He was the main threat to psg besides Cavani. Unfortunately he was subbed off and our attacks were going downwards after.

HowieC

If he is to play, he should do so on the right.

Of the 5-6 forwards on the field, he has by fat the worst technique and dribbling and as such cannot make his way into the middle of the pitch for a shot or pass consistently ala mbappe in the buildup for neymars goal.

on the right he can use his stronger foot and power straight which mitigates his touch issues

archiebald

If he is to play, he should do so on the right.

Of the 5-6 forwards on the field, he has by fat the worst technique and dribbling and as such cannot make his way into the middle of the pitch for a shot or pass consistently ala mbappe in the buildup for neymars goal.

on the right he can use his stronger foot and power straight which mitigates his touch issues
True, his better performances have come on the right where he is able to stretch the width and ping crosses in for a Cavani to finish. He has become far too predictable on the left, like Robben on the right at Bayern but without the technique and dribbling.

That being said, we urgently need him back wherever for the Leipzig game so we can make use of his best attribute to hit them on the break.

Laphroaig

He was weird today - again, but an obviously half fit Rashford is so much better than almost anyone else. Should've had a goal and a couple of assists today. I can't wait for him to be fully fit. He's obviously absolutely world class, but I agree it's so frustrating to see him not score every fecking time he gets to touch the ball :/

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Imo, not just played well but my motm. Constantly threat on the right that PSG players struggled to tame him. Created good chance for Cavani, created glorious chance for Martial and scored himself a goal.

Mike Smalling

Strange performance from him. He was involved in our best bits of play, got a goal and should have had an assist, but at other times he looked half asleep.

He doesn't look fully fit to me. With the insane schedule over the next month, I think Ole needs to leave him out preemptively for a game at some point. We would not be in good shape, if we lost 1-2 of our key attacking players.

Oldyella

Doesn't look fit to me. Aside from the one passage when he was through but didnt pull the trigger played well enough but he was almost hobbling at some points.

Falcow

I honestly do not know what goes through his head sometimes. That annoyed the heck out of me. The amount of times he just squanders possession completely needlessly is unbelievable. It's like if it doesnt fall perfectly for him he just gives up or something.

Apart from one or two combos with Cavani last night, I thought he was awful again. I enjoyed Cavani giving him an earful when he belted a cross that he should have hit mush easier....this team needs more bollockings from each other.....dressing room has to have a very high bar.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
On current form he is better on the right, he can pass and cross, he can shoot too (without doing most obvious cut inside).
He is not fit though, should get some rest this weekend.

NoPace

Imo, not just played well but my motm. Constantly threat on the right that PSG players struggled to tame him. Created good chance for Cavani, created glorious chance for Martial and scored himself a goal.
Yeah he sorta had a usual Son Heung Min kinda game, not doing much but not doing much badly and focusing on sprinting in behind the defense constantly. I buy that he's hurt, he avoided contact and also made a ton of intense sprints to get over the top and was taken off in the 2nd half exhausted, probably the logical thing way to approach the game if you've got a bad shoulder. I kinda of feel like he'd have gotten Florenzi with his pace in trouble if he'd played out left.

Btw, Telles was fine but Mbappe was great, opened up their entire play. United were terrified of him I thought and his teammates weren't near his level except Danilo and Neymar and Verrati when they were on the ball, kind of a miserable team!

Red00012

Martial fan boy alert. Can't accept Rashford is the better player this season. He was playing well. If you disagree you clearly have an agenda.
No martial fan boy alert here , I see potential in Rashford and i get frustrated by him . I’d move on Martial if we had a replacement for him.

Lyng

Then how do you explain his absolute shite game against Southampton?
Martial has been poor, but Rashford has only been marginaly better lately.

Andersons Dietician

He was pretty poor yesterday. The 30 mins before he scored his goal he was non existent and was just strolling about. Gets his goal people forget about that previous 30. 2nd half he did start to show signs of life until he went off with that injury. Picked out a great pass to Martial which just seemed so out of character so good on him.

There were a few times actually where he is just so lazy. Just whacks the ball against the defender instead of trying to get the ball past the defender from wide.

DRM

He's not fully fit, whether its his back or his shoulder, but to me he doesn't look right.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Martial has been poor the entire season. Rashford had much better CL performance and performed in some of the league games against Brighton & Newcastle. He was nominated in one of the POTM. Martial’s performance is just far off from Rashford.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Rashford has been much better than Martial this season. Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Difference is even when he's "absolute shite" he comes up with the match winning assist.

Lyng

Rashford has been much better than Martial this season. Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Difference is even when he's "absolute shite" he comes up with the match winning assist.
Rashford has been really great earlier this season yes, but lately he has fallen of a cliff. So many wrong decisions.
Martial being even worse doesn't suddenly make Rashford great.
My guess is Rashford is fighting some injury.

lex talionis

A shame Martial has been dire, as Rashford could use a few weeks off to regain fitness.

HowYouDoin

For all his faults Rashford is always involved and makes things happen. That should have been an assist had Martial scored, Rashford put it on the plate for him.
Rashford is very underrated here especially when he gets lumped in with Martial.
He is underrated as a passer and a facilitator and how much goes through him. He is often the only one making runs, running at defenders etc.
I actually think his ideal position is second striker or even a number 10.
It gets overlooked how much of a passer and a facilitator hes become for us.
I always felt he needed so little to become world class and Im still not sure what it is. I actually do like that hes playing right wing now because it might force him to develop his left foot a bit more. It could actually really improve his game.

All in all, Mourinho had this team spot on.
He knew Martial and Pogba are best to be sold but he always knew Rashford can be very useful as he described it.
Rashford shouldnt be lumped in with Martial. Rashford surpassed Martial long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.